_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1044 1045 [1046] 1047 1048 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5923279 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #15675 on: August 25, 2013, 05:11:25 pm »

((So I'm going to go out on a limb and say that one of the missions is over? :P))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15676 on: August 25, 2013, 05:51:56 pm »

((spinal, she already moved off because you didn't answer))
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15677 on: August 25, 2013, 06:03:04 pm »

((So I'm going to go out on a limb and say that one of the missions is over? :P))
((Not yet. It's closing down time-wise on both missions, though.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15678 on: August 25, 2013, 07:01:35 pm »

((spinal, she already moved off because you didn't answer))
((Officially retconned to him being quite drunk.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15679 on: August 26, 2013, 10:09:42 am »

Extend a disk from my arm again, attempt to rotate it like a buzzsaw, if possible then use it to cut a piece from the wall and throw it onto the tiles to see what happens. If not just remove the disk and throw it.
It takes a while and several disks, the wall is quite hard, but you manage to cut a piece off. You throw it on the tiles, skidding it across the ground. You notice that only some of the tiles arc onto the piece; meaning only some of them are electrified.

"Well, disable the turret, obviously. But how? That depends on the make of the turret, I guess. If it has visible muzzles for firing, bend it, wait to see how that affects the turret when firing, and if it's truly disabled, move down. No visible muzzle, move something sturdy if front of the firing opening... no, scratch that. Crush the firing opening close."

Say it.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)

"uh...flip the turret over? maybe? no?"

reply uncertainly

"Acceptable. But remember, the gentle hand is best if possible. Why not simply sever any power lines to it? Cause the next bullet to jam? Or simply turn it off, if there's a panel. Remember, it's always best to think about how you would deal with the problem if you were actually over there. The balance of Amps is conservation of energy, while always applying enough to get the job done. Over expending energy will leave you vulnerable, while under use could lead to incomplete solutions. It will look less impressive, but when the time comes that you really need to push yourself, you'll be able to. Plus it will limit the chances of overloads and feed back events."

"Any questions so far?"

((Ok enough hilarity :P))

Go to rec room.
You go to the rec room. Yay.

Go up to the guys playing cards

Do you two mind dealing me in?, What are you playing
You walk up to the two guys playing cards. One has the 1000 yard stare, the other seems drunk.

Almost every HMRC mission seems to go south anyway, so Milno doesn't seem too surprised. "Thanks." he says, already thinking about a solution to his lack of stuff to do before the current missions are over. Maybe trying out the other training course, though if it happens to be too long, that'd be a problem. "Gonna check if they installed my stuff. See you."

Check if stuff was already installed into suit.

"Give it a bit, man." The guy at the kiosk says, "You're not exactly top priority. I mean hell, not like you got a mission to go on immediately or anything."

>Jim: Exit stasis.

THE JIM RETURNETH

((hey piecewise i have a question about kinetic amps, it says in the armory they can amplify kinetic force by up to a square of the original, does this mean that they can be tweaked to provide equal or lesser amounts of force as well?))
You can already get less, you just have to roll well when you say to hit something gently. As per more...well, you know how they are about modifying amps. Men in black suits and people disappearing.

Noticing that the two people were ignoring her, Astra just sighs and walks off. Considering a problem about getting mentally tired from using Field manipulators. As she was almost certainly going to need to fight in this operation Calla has a couple of ideas.

Does anyone know where you can test out ideas for new equipment?

(insert steve snark)

Go to the VR and load up tinker, Get the Coils from a gauss rifle and put an appropriate sized cylinder of steel in them, with a kinetic amplifier on the end, with a hemisphere of lets go titanium but any non ferrous, hard metal would suffice and a bulb on the rear end to prevent it coming out

|   |
 \_/

Cup sort of looks like that (but more rounded) Kinetic amp goes on the bottom.

Fire the device to see if a shockwave is generated in that setup
I feel like I'm not getting the full extent of what you're trying to do here. You want to be firing a steel rod with a kinetic amp on the end into a metal plug? Or are you using the amp to push the steel rod through the coils even faster?

Ah that's the problem, I need to proofread more, that was leftover from before i decided that part had to come later, still, I have done a crappy MSPAINT thing of what I am after, not to scale of course
e
Spoiler: fairly large image (click to show/hide)
Ah, yes, that makes more sense...but it woudn't work. You'd need to have the amplifier mounted so that the rod would hit it, rather then have it mounted to the rod itself.

The japanese may have stolen the MK3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beKkf8Oo0GU

It's even called the MK 3

((That looks more like a (very) low-power lower-body exoskeleton mated with a pair of (horribly action-delayed) waldos.))
Heh, yeah I just found it funny to find a exoskeleton system named the MK III

Go up to the guys playing cards

Do you two mind dealing me in?, What are you playing
"I... Dunno."
Thomas looked up and shrugged.
"He hasn't decided yet."
He looked around, searching for a source of the voice and sigh, then saw her elsewhere. With a shrug, he went back to drinking and waiting.
Comfortably drunk yet? If not, take a shot. If so, take a shot. Examine the designs on the card
"Hey, Steve?"
You take another shot and idly flip through the cards. They've got little pictures of men in antiquated looking space suits on them. Heh.

>Yes?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15680 on: August 26, 2013, 10:35:48 am »

"Any questions so far?"

((Ask what happens in a catastrophic mass-manip overload.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15681 on: August 26, 2013, 10:53:49 am »

By the way feyri: if nothing else you'll get your MK III back. As long as any part of the suit comes back, they repair it for you. Even if that part happens to be a tiny fraction of it. So there's that, at the very least.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #15682 on: August 26, 2013, 10:58:36 am »

By the way feyri: if nothing else you'll get your MK III back. As long as any part of the suit comes back, they repair it for you. Even if that part happens to be a tiny fraction of it. So there's that, at the very least.
((How do you know I'm reading this. :I

*cue recovery of the tiniest scrap of the MKIII.

Yay....I still want my sword. xD But thanks PW.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15683 on: August 26, 2013, 11:13:55 am »

Cue sudden influx of snapping parts off all gear and storing them inside suit helmets
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15684 on: August 26, 2013, 11:20:48 am »

((Well, no MkIII parts need to be recovered in the current case. Feyri's head was decapitated and sealed into her helmet via the MkIII's iris system, that is to say, there is still a portion of the MkIII attached to her helmet which is sealing her in. Thus as long as she survives, she can get a replacement MkIII.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15685 on: August 26, 2013, 11:38:46 am »

Slide more pieces of the wall across the floor until I've established a safe path across the room to search for the next door.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #15686 on: August 26, 2013, 01:12:04 pm »

"Let's see...
1) There's only so much space in a head, and I think I heard something about only three or so amps being possible. What about decompensator? Does installing a decomp reduce the number of amps we can have?
2) There are amps that duplicate manipulators on your list, and then there are those of each that don't seem to have duplicates. Are there things that amps can do that manipulator can't, or vice versa?
"

Ask.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15687 on: August 26, 2013, 01:35:29 pm »

Cue sudden influx of snapping parts off all gear and storing them inside suit helmets
((I'll do that! Find a small tool, stow it in helmet...except Grate wouldn't think of that...))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15688 on: August 26, 2013, 01:36:01 pm »

Okay, so four for cards?  I was going to play crib, though, that works fine.  You guys all know how to play?

((Wiki does a good job of explaining it.  You start out by dealing out five cards to each player))

Deal out five cards to each player, including myself

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #15689 on: August 26, 2013, 02:30:04 pm »

Jim hauled himself up, unmindful of the stasis-goop on him, and looked around. "Steve? What just happened on the mission?" he asked. He'd felt a cold chill in his synthetic spine, right before he woke up and ejected himself out of stasis. While waiting for a reply, he went back to the rec room to look around and see what was going on.

Question Steve, head to rec room.

(I can make you another sword, Tir. It's all right. ^^^;)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 02:33:04 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 1044 1045 [1046] 1047 1048 ... 2101