_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1043 1044 [1045] 1046 1047 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5923435 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #15660 on: August 25, 2013, 07:09:25 am »

((how would you rewrite it? I actually kinda suck at that without enough back and fourth to get the idea across)
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15661 on: August 25, 2013, 07:22:55 am »

Its this bit here where you go wrong.

"prevent the steel with a kinetic
amplifier on the end,"

Prevent the steel from doing what? And how?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15662 on: August 25, 2013, 07:29:51 am »

Ah that's the problem, I need to proofread more, that was leftover from before i decided that part had to come later, still, I have done a crappy MSPAINT thing of what I am after, not to scale of course

Spoiler: fairly large image (click to show/hide)
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15663 on: August 25, 2013, 08:18:10 am »

The japanese may have stolen the MK3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beKkf8Oo0GU

It's even called the MK 3
I really hope there were some translation issues there, because it looks like they're recommending using the exosuit costing an eighth of a million dollars or so was a cooking utensil and fashion accessory.
Of course, it's hard to tell how serious that is...and while I'm at it, how do you control the fingers?
Oh yeah, and it's not airtight, so don't try to use it as a space suit.

((Really? And what is the difference in the ratios then? Also, I think you're going a little overboard with the contrast. Simply because May has adopted this attitude doesn't mean the rest of the team did. I haven't seen anyone actually truly abandoned as you were running away.))
*ahem*
((Not our fault you played a fully-grown character in heavy powered armor.))

((hey piecewise i have a question about kinetic amps, it says in the armory they can amplify kinetic force by up to a square of the original, does this mean that they can be tweaked to provide equal or lesser amounts of force as well?))
((Since they're essentially automanipulators with nothing but perhaps a battery in terms of external components, I doubt it's really feasible to tweak them, per se. "Up to a square" is in terms of efficiency - the more force amplified, the more of it is lost to heat.))
((...Huh? So, with more energy, more is lost to heat, despite the fact that the amplification factor is much higher?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15664 on: August 25, 2013, 08:46:33 am »

The japanese may have stolen the MK3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beKkf8Oo0GU

It's even called the MK 3

((That looks more like a (very) low-power lower-body exoskeleton mated with a pair of (horribly action-delayed) waldos.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15665 on: August 25, 2013, 08:51:45 am »

(( No, I was plenty close at the time. Feyri was actually ahead of most of us when she died, in the middle of the second level terrace while we were on the second level stair. One of us could have easily tried to do something as we ran past, if we weren't quite so panicked about the ice... And my character was well and truly panicked about the ice XD ))

((Someone apparently tried to save her body, but no dice. The MkIII plus Feyri's mostly robotic body made it so that you'd need two people to carry it.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15666 on: August 25, 2013, 09:09:39 am »

((I'm sure she can convince the Doctor to make her a terminator again, free of charge. Maybe he can even give her some upgrades.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15667 on: August 25, 2013, 09:11:00 am »

(( No, I was plenty close at the time. Feyri was actually ahead of most of us when she died, in the middle of the second level terrace while we were on the second level stair. One of us could have easily tried to do something as we ran past, if we weren't quite so panicked about the ice... And my character was well and truly panicked about the ice XD ))
((Someone apparently tried to save her body, but no dice. The MkIII plus Feyri's mostly robotic body made it so that you'd need two people to carry it.))
((More specifically: Two people who are not Grate or Lyra. Certainly not Grate and Lyra.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15668 on: August 25, 2013, 11:33:37 am »

((There's a very interesting contrast between the people in regards to each mission's scenario. While the situations are similar, but there's the "FUCK THIS FUCK EVERYONE", and "Well let's all hug and end it all poetically." I hypothesize this is due in direct ratio to the number of newbies-per-veterans in each mission.))
((Really? And what is the difference in the ratios then? Also, I think you're going a little overboard with the contrast. Simply because May has adopted this attitude doesn't mean the rest of the team did. I haven't seen anyone actually truly abandoned as you were running away.))

((Perhaps instead of newbies-to-veterans I just mean that all the characters, besides Xan, in mission 10 are all good-natured folks, while on mission 9 there's lotsa' hate being spewed about. There was a little of that, but when I opened Mission 9 there was an aura of "oh look at this shit its gonna' be good" from a spectator perspective.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15669 on: August 25, 2013, 12:44:41 pm »

((There's a very interesting contrast between the people in regards to each mission's scenario. While the situations are similar, but there's the "FUCK THIS FUCK EVERYONE", and "Well let's all hug and end it all poetically." I hypothesize this is due in direct ratio to the number of newbies-per-veterans in each mission.))

((Perhaps instead of newbies-to-veterans I just mean that all the characters, besides Xan, in mission 10 are all good-natured folks, while on mission 9 there's lotsa' hate being spewed about. There was a little of that, but when I opened Mission 9 there was an aura of "oh look at this shit its gonna' be good" from a spectator perspective.))

(( Well, to be fair to mission 9, probably 25% of the horrible, terrible things that have happened to them have been directly related to player action :P
Bad rolls on player action, but the characters don't know that.

We really only had 2 things go wrong over on mission 10, and they went wrong a) sequentially and b) so cataclysmicly that a character stopping to be angry at someone was like asking to get your head taken off by an icicle XD

Also, mission 9 has been there for a year. We will have been there for... less than 10 hours. Wow. We've destroyed a city in 10 hours. My gods. I hope Faith's mission went well enough that this is going to be a 'success' XD ))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15670 on: August 25, 2013, 01:12:40 pm »

(( Well, to be fair to mission 9, probably 25% of the horrible, terrible things that have happened to them have been directly related to player action :P

We really only had 2 things go wrong over on mission 10, and they went wrong a) sequentially and b) so cataclysmicly that a character stopping to be angry at someone was like asking to get your head taken off by an icicle XD

Also, mission 9 has been there for a year. We will have been there for... less than 10 hours. Wow. We've destroyed a city in 10 hours. My gods. I hope Faith's mission went well enough that this is going to be a 'success' XD ))
((Well, the way I see it, it's not so much that you destroyed a city in 10 hours, it's that you did so ON ACCIDENT. Because I don't doubt that the HMRC could destroy a city in far less time if they were trying to, but this happened all because of accidents and bad rolls.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15671 on: August 25, 2013, 02:20:24 pm »

((Well, the way I see it, it's not so much that you destroyed a city in 10 hours, it's that you did so ON ACCIDENT. Because I don't doubt that the HMRC could destroy a city in far less time if they were trying to, but this happened all because of accidents and bad rolls.))

(( That is true, though what I find remarkable is not that we destroyed it, but that we doomed it to a certain fiery demise, and THEN utterly destroyed it with Ice-9.

You know, if Ice-9 doesn't destroy the entire planet, we will have successfully put out that fire... Think they'll thank us? ))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15672 on: August 25, 2013, 02:23:18 pm »

(( That is true, though what I find remarkable is not that we destroyed it, but that we doomed it to a certain fiery demise, and THEN utterly destroyed it with Ice-9.

You know, if Ice-9 doesn't destroy the entire planet, we will have successfully put out that fire... Think they'll thank us? ))
((You responded to the aftereffect of what was undoubtedly a terror attack, and suffered an equipment malfunction that was impossible to control. I don't see any possible way for you to get blamed for this.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15673 on: August 25, 2013, 02:49:01 pm »

((Because the equipment malfunction was our fault. And so was the terrorist attack.))
Sig

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15674 on: August 25, 2013, 04:58:45 pm »

Go up to the guys playing cards

Do you two mind dealing me in?, What are you playing
"I... Dunno."
Thomas looked up and shrugged.
"He hasn't decided yet."
He looked around, searching for a source of the voice and sigh, then saw her elsewhere. With a shrug, he went back to drinking and waiting.
Comfortably drunk yet? If not, take a shot. If so, take a shot. Examine the designs on the card
"Hey, Steve?"
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 07:06:22 pm by Spinal_Taper »
Pages: 1 ... 1043 1044 [1045] 1046 1047 ... 2101