_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1036 1037 [1038] 1039 1040 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5925905 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #15555 on: August 19, 2013, 08:04:31 am »

((I'll disagree- I'd say hop in and start your milling about- it's not like you have to post an action every turn while on-ship.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15556 on: August 19, 2013, 09:58:39 am »

Well, there's a guy on the couch drinking and reading. He might want to play cards.

Sounds like a plan.
Head over and ask the other guy if he'd like to play cards.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15557 on: August 19, 2013, 01:13:19 pm »

"Ma'am? Hello?"

Stephen Hawking continues trying to get a response from the woman.

"Yeah, what is it? You want something?" She says, looking over the top of her book at you. "Because I try not to get into too much small talk with people whole haven't gone through a mission or two."

Go into the new room and search for the exit.
You hop down into the room. As soon as you land, the room changes from a nice, even white lighting to a blinking red. A shrill tone plays. This doesn't seem great...

Chin scratches his goatee. "That makes sense, yes. Though I imagine that with a battlesuit leg it wouldn't be as easy to do it slow - it's likely moving, it likely has sensors warning the user, and even if not, the user will notice at some point."

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
"Still easier then trying to vaporize it. In the case that it's moving, you can always try to melt the surface it's standing on then harden it back up; trapping the thing. Or hit the cameras; thats always a good one."

"all right, yeah, that makes sense."

speak, await further lessons

"Alright; Now, you should know that when it comes to difficulty of creating things amps follow a reverse bell curve. The easiest thing to do is a spherical area about a foot in diameter where the temperature change is about 100 to 150 degrees plus or minus. Any larger or smaller, different shaped or hotter or colder is going to become harder.

So, if you want to kill a man, you don't need to completely incinerate him or heat blade slice his head off or anything like that. Just put a sphere of heat in his center of mass and heat it up by 100-200 degrees. It's quick and effective and won't tire you out too much, even if you use it several times."

Several generic VR men appear beside her.

"Try it."

Milno sighs mentally, his plans once again foiled by his lack of technical knowledge. "Well, how about the simple one but with the equivalent of a sliding control for the sensors' sensitivity? Also, is there a way that could help me avoid having troubles from decelerating too quickly? I was considering installing some flaps to open and help me stop, but that wouldn't help if I just blacked out or died."

Ask.
"Slider we can do. Flaps too, sure. We'll calibrate it to stop you as fast as is safely possible. Or should I say, decelerate, since it might not always stop you completely."

I have been reading this for a while and want in, should i finish the threads before making a character, or make one anyway and continue reading?
Really up to you. Coming in mostly blind will give you a more authentic "What the hell is going on" experience, while reading everything will let you know more about how everything works and reveal me for the lazy man I truly am.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #15558 on: August 19, 2013, 01:46:31 pm »

Cook the center of mass of one of those generic VR men.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #15559 on: August 19, 2013, 02:31:03 pm »

"Well I'm still trying to find my way around honestly. Also I have no idea whats going on, but that's not really relevant. You seem to know more then that shady trinket dealer, so I was wondering if you know where I should go?"
Continue conversing.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #15560 on: August 19, 2013, 03:16:55 pm »

"I'm going to assume that's celsius"

heat a sphere about 30 cm in diameter about 125 degrees hotter where the guys torso is.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15561 on: August 19, 2013, 04:16:50 pm »

Ok, if i were to make a character now, I am thinking either Psychokinetic amps, of Field manipulators, but I cannot decide between them right now, does anyone (probly not gm) have a suggestion?
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15562 on: August 19, 2013, 04:21:08 pm »

Ok, if i were to make a character now, I am thinking either Psychokinetic amps, of Field manipulators, but I cannot decide between them right now, does anyone (probly not gm) have a suggestion?
Would you prefer to be able to use melee weapons, or better resist aliens?
And would you prefer it to be implanted in your brain, or separate from your body?
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15563 on: August 19, 2013, 04:41:15 pm »

Thats the problem i like both, although resisting aliens is certainly tempting as well as the flavour of my brain being used as a computer, I also like the flavour of jamming a program into a black box
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15564 on: August 19, 2013, 04:51:47 pm »

Thats the problem i like both, although resisting aliens is certainly tempting as well as the flavour of my brain being used as a computer, I also like the flavour of jamming a program into a black box
Well, if understand the concepts and you like both, then we can't really help you.

The Amps route is probably more powerfull overall unless you're Renen, and you'll probably end up taking Will at some point regardless of your chosen path. However, it really boils down to what your preferences are at the end.
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15565 on: August 19, 2013, 10:36:43 pm »

"Sure, then. Also, do you think that installing that same program that allows the drop shuttles to make violent evasive maneuvers help me dodge while dashing at full speed as long as I install enough sensors?"

Accept deal, keep talking.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15566 on: August 20, 2013, 09:33:54 am »

Cook the center of mass of one of those generic VR men.

[exo:3]
You manage to give the man a sunburn and a bad case of heartburn.

"I'm going to assume that's celsius"

heat a sphere about 30 cm in diameter about 125 degrees hotter where the guys torso is.
[exo:6+2]

After the system respawns both you and Chin and cleans up the charred corpses, the VR armory master tells you to seriously think about investing in a decompensator.

"Well I'm still trying to find my way around honestly. Also I have no idea whats going on, but that's not really relevant. You seem to know more then that shady trinket dealer, so I was wondering if you know where I should go?"
Continue conversing.
She shrugs "You've got no real responsibilities right now, so you can do whatever you want. But if you ever want to be able to leave this place, you have to complete 10 missions."

"Sure, then. Also, do you think that installing that same program that allows the drop shuttles to make violent evasive maneuvers help me dodge while dashing at full speed as long as I install enough sensors?"

Accept deal, keep talking.
"Something like it adapted to the suit, maybe. Though that sort of thing is really only designed to be used in open air; not for jitterbugging while flying through a hallway."

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #15567 on: August 20, 2013, 10:31:34 am »

"Ah, what a fascinating requirement. I believe I heard something about those from the other denizens, they are dangerous yes?"
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #15568 on: August 20, 2013, 11:15:26 am »

"That could have gone better."

If the AM wants a repeat, do a repeat. Otherwise wait for the next lesson.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15569 on: August 20, 2013, 11:18:57 am »

Find an exit, fast. Shoot the wall to see if I can blow a hole out of it.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.
Pages: 1 ... 1036 1037 [1038] 1039 1040 ... 2101