_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1034 1035 [1036] 1037 1038 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5927976 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #15525 on: August 13, 2013, 06:14:41 am »

((What did the HMRC do to Hawking?))

((Nothing. He did all this himself. By inventing it.))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15526 on: August 13, 2013, 10:47:06 am »

Milno looks around before shrugging. "Guess it's done. And now I have an idea on how much of a threat one man with loads of explosives is to a military base."

Leave VR. Go to the techies' department.
You leave the VR machine and head over to the R&D lab where some fresh poddie is arguing with Nyars about..something.

I believe that's enough faffing about, maybe I should go do something.

Go wherever it is I need to go to wait to start the AM's class

You head to the VR and get in. There's an extra option on the menu for you now, so you choose that. A standard, blank, infinite expanse shows up, but this time it has the armory master in it. She appears to be waiting for something, or maybe someone, else.

"I have been here for about 2 minutes (I'll assume that's how long, because I don't know how big the ship is really, correct if needed) And I resent the implication!
I am Stephen Hawking, and I invented physics.
So no, I am not brain damaged."

inform the man of his gross mistake.
"I'm pretty sure that physics was invented by a wide range of individuals over the course of hundreds of years and is constantly being updated and changed. And if I remember correctly your particular contributions consisted of still unproven hawking radiation and about 50 different stabs at theoretical physics, some so abstract they're more akin to philosophy then hard mathematics. That and your fetish for black holes. Just like Thomas Jefferson."

The man in the kiosk across the hall shouts "HEY-OOOOO"

There's a moment of awkward silence.

"So you gonna buy something or not?"

"Oh no, you see those guys that you were talking about? They DISCOVERED physics. I INVENTED it. When I went back in time.

((do I uh...even have any tokens? :P))
(You have 5 tokens. Everyone starts with 5.)

"Ah..So the dementia has set in. Good to know. Well, crazy man, would you like to buy some highly dangerous object to keep the spiders in your brain happy?"

(Everyone starts with 5, so you can afford a few things.)
What what what? SC returns? I thought you were de-interneted.

Get that amp-schooling.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
You join Pancaek at AMP school. The AI armory master seems pleased that you've arrived and immediately begins.

"Alright you two, what would you like to know? General amp usage or something more specific?"

Sit down the the rec-room. Start reading. Take a drink only when the writing goes downhill.
You sit down and flip the the book open. You read the title.

"Space amazons from Planet X"

You just start chugging.

Go through the trap door carefully.

" So you mentioned a prize? "
"It's called continuing to be alive, among other things."

You pry up the trap door. The room below looks exactly like this one, but with small holes on the left wall.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15527 on: August 13, 2013, 11:01:44 am »

See if I can fire a smaller disk into the holes.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #15528 on: August 13, 2013, 11:17:10 am »

(I post from the library, PW. I still don't have any internet at home. :\)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15529 on: August 13, 2013, 02:10:36 pm »

(I post from the library, PW. I still don't have any internet at home. :\)
Sad to hear that. Hopefully you can manage to get it back sometime soon.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15530 on: August 13, 2013, 03:07:16 pm »

"Hey. It's about that program of mine, the one that accelerates my suit in a straight line. How much would it cost to have it detect approximation to a solid surface and begin decelerating before I crash into something? Going full speed is useful sometimes, but slowing down before I hit a wall also has its uses."

Talk to the techie.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 04:45:44 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15531 on: August 13, 2013, 05:41:22 pm »

"I'll get back to you on that after I explore around some more."

Explore around some more.

Indeed, I do this.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #15532 on: August 14, 2013, 09:57:19 am »

Chin looks at Pancaek to see if he has any preference. If he doesn't, Chin says "General usage, I'd say. I'm probably making many mistakes in that area."

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #15533 on: August 14, 2013, 12:49:47 pm »

"Yeah, I agree. if we're doing this simulation together, I think general usage may be a good starting point."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15534 on: August 14, 2013, 03:12:49 pm »

See if I can fire a smaller disk into the holes.
The holes are about the size of a quarter, so you're guessing not. From where you are, staring down from the ceiling, it would be a heck of a shot anyways.

"Hey. It's about that program of fine, the one that accelerates my suit in a straight line. How much would it cost to have it detect approximation to a solid surface and begin decelerating before I crash into something? Going full speed is useful sometimes, but slowing down before I hit a wall also has its uses."

Talk to the techie.

"Depends on the quality. I mean, slapping some motion sensors on there and having a program to decelerate you is easy enough. Problem comes from complex situations; things that would trigger the sensor when there's nothing really there or don't when they really should. HMRC runs into a lot of things with strange properties, sometimes literally. Hard to tell you it will be fool proof without a heavy investment."

"I'll get back to you on that after I explore around some more."

Explore around some more.
The nearest place to you is the armory, so you go there. It's basically just a kiosk in the wall with a rather bored looking woman in it, her feet up on the counter and a book in her hands.

Chin looks at Pancaek to see if he has any preference. If he doesn't, Chin says "General usage, I'd say. I'm probably making many mistakes in that area."

"Yeah, I agree. if we're doing this simulation together, I think general usage may be a good starting point."
"Good enough. What sort of amps you got or are thinking about getting? Just general heat ones? Kinetics? Do you have any plans for what you eventually want to work your way up to?"

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15535 on: August 14, 2013, 03:22:48 pm »

"Good Morning Ma'am"

Indeed, I do this.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #15536 on: August 14, 2013, 03:30:48 pm »

"I've experimented with the mass manipulation one earlier in here. It's definitely the next purchase if I survive the next mission. Beyond that... I haven't spent much time considering purchases I may well not live to make, honestly. I'd test them out in VR if I'd get close enough to purchase them, at least."

Reply.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #15537 on: August 15, 2013, 07:33:52 am »

Pan nods as Gorat speaks. "Yup, microwave and mass manipulation here as well. Haven't really made any plans beyond this point in time, really."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15538 on: August 15, 2013, 08:09:34 am »

"How much would it cost to have the program and add a simple - and by simple I mean really uncomplicated - menu to modify settings on the fly?" Milno asks. He's fairly new to technology but ever since prison back in his homeworld he has managed to shake off that feeling of electronics as something mystic and nearing magic. Though to be fair, he still doesn't understand what exactly part of his words mean and what exactly certain things do.

Keep talking.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15539 on: August 15, 2013, 12:54:32 pm »

"Good Morning Ma'am"

"It's..." She checks her wrist pad,"7:34 pm, Ship time. I think you slept a bit too long."

"I've experimented with the mass manipulation one earlier in here. It's definitely the next purchase if I survive the next mission. Beyond that... I haven't spent much time considering purchases I may well not live to make, honestly. I'd test them out in VR if I'd get close enough to purchase them, at least."

Reply.

Pan nods as Gorat speaks. "Yup, microwave and mass manipulation here as well. Haven't really made any plans beyond this point in time, really."
"Alright. Well, when it comes to the microwave amps, one of the things you've gotta remember is that you don't need to completely melt something for it to work."

She brings up a metal bar that's embedded in the ground and has a large, solid metal cube attached to the top of it.

"Lets say you need to get this cube down from that pole. How do you do it?"

"How much would it cost to have the program and add a simple - and by simple I mean really uncomplicated - menu to modify settings on the fly?" Milno asks. He's fairly new to technology but ever since prison back in his homeworld he has managed to shake off that feeling of electronics as something mystic and nearing magic. Though to be fair, he still doesn't understand what exactly part of his words mean and what exactly certain things do.

Keep talking.
"Eh menus are simple. Won't cost anything; though the simpler it is, the longer it might take to do anything; since it will be split up into more, easier to understand options, rather then fewer, more precise but technical options.

Pages: 1 ... 1034 1035 [1036] 1037 1038 ... 2101