_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1029 1030 [1031] 1032 1033 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5932365 times)

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #15450 on: July 31, 2013, 06:34:15 pm »

I'm guessing Nyars is the person who gives out experimental tech? Am I right?
((Shhh. I said, nobody explain anything until the first post gets updated.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #15451 on: July 31, 2013, 06:36:44 pm »

((One last question: what happened to Ivan after the AM disabled him?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15452 on: July 31, 2013, 06:40:04 pm »

((One last question: what happened to Ivan after the AM disabled him?))
((I can asnwer that. The Doc grabbed him and carried him away. He was last seen floating in [insert the name of the apparatus I don't remember here]. We can assume the Doc is doing tests on him.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15453 on: July 31, 2013, 07:25:00 pm »

((Interesting. Who is Nyars? Is he still around the ship? Where would I find him?))
I'm guessing Nyars is the person who gives out experimental tech? Am I right?

((Pretty close. He's provides a Gambling service. You pay a token and he gives you a box. You don't get to find out what's in the box until after you buy it though, that's where the gambling part comes in. I'm not sure of where he is, since I've never tried his warez out.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15454 on: July 31, 2013, 09:29:11 pm »

((You pay several tokens, the amount depending on size of box. I got a suit of phase armor that has kept me scratch-free since I got it, for instance (though I got a coupon to get that for free for having, I think it was 10000th post?) It's not entirely gambling, more like a guessing game: the boxes have different seals which indicate different things. Part of Nyars' game is figuring out what the colour, line, and shape of the seals mean. Still an element of gambling that you don't know exactly the item inside even if you know the seals. And they're pretty much always dangerous in some respects (I haven't figured out the exact danger of my suit quite yet, but I do know that I would very much like never to overshoot or critically fail my Will roll for using it - I fear what may happen.)))

Also, Thearpox, PW does occasionally update the armory list, at the least: One of my creations got put on it.))
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 10:05:39 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15455 on: August 01, 2013, 11:59:19 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Uhm is this the right place? If it is can I skip the initial wake up and go right to speaking with the doctor. I need some time to catch up on everything else and I know I need to speak to him, so it'd give me a little time to get up to speed.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 12:41:23 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15456 on: August 01, 2013, 12:07:19 pm »

Yes, you're in the right place.  Do note that he's busy with a new toy guinea pig client now, so it may be a bit.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15457 on: August 01, 2013, 12:09:24 pm »

Oh no problem.

It all gives me time to catch up, this game has like 2000 pages lol so it's gonna take a while.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15458 on: August 01, 2013, 12:10:32 pm »

((If you need, I can pm you when we begin accepting new mission applicants.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15459 on: August 01, 2013, 12:13:43 pm »

No need I'll keep track of new developments, but thanks for the offer.
Caine's law.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15460 on: August 01, 2013, 12:17:41 pm »

No posts till next monday. I'm delivering my sister to arizona tomorrow and won't be back till sunday evening.

Pack of normals, pack of blues.  Head to the hangar next
She hands you the two packs of cigarettes and you stuff them into your pockets before wandering to the hanger. It's the same as always, a big old metal box with dozens of shuttles lining the walls on specially made clamps attached to mechanical arms. The locker room is just off to the right.

"Whew. Most part of me is glad not to have taken this pill. That sphere and I have somewhat differing opinions on what remaining human entails... but I guess that's to expected, and it could have been worse than armor plates. Thanks again!"

Return to the rec room, grab something to eat and drink, and try to find a news report or channel.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
You press a few random buttons on the food dispenser and get a mix of things that appears edible- something that looks like a meaty stew, the filling of an apple pie, some crackers,- and walk over to the couch. You set your tray down beside you and dig the remote out of the couch cushions. You eat some of the stew as you flip through the channels. You find a news broadcast about how a large contingent of UWM ships are leaving their normal patrol routes and headed toward a possible battle on the galactic outskirts.

Continue search
You appear to be in a large barracks. You also appear to be naked and covered in stasis goo. Man it's chilly in here.
Turn on the heat vision in the helmet.
The heat vision reveals that there are now several people upstairs, scrambling around blindly in the dark.

((Interesting. Who is Nyars? Is he still around the ship? Where would I find him?))
((Oh god. You know Piecewise, this is why it would be a good idea to update the first post. With Nyars, Doctor, and the stuff we can buy at the armory not listed yet.

I declare a boycott on explaining things that should be in the first post until they appear there. Sorry Xantalos.
It is ridiculous that somebody can be playing this game for more than a month and not know why Nyars is through no fault of his own.))
Nyars, and the doctor's modification habits are stuff players should find or figure out on their own. If anyone wanders over toward the R&D lab I will usually tell them about Nyars just hanging out around there. The doctor is something they would probably figure out through listening to others.

The armory doesn't have every possible thing listed because there would be no end to that list. You can almost any mundane thing there, at a price. Plus there's some fun to be had discovering things by asking around.

((Oh god. You know Piecewise, this is why it would be a good idea to update the first post. With Nyars, Doctor, and the stuff we can buy at the armory not listed yet.

I declare a boycott on explaining things that should be in the first post until they appear there. Sorry Xantalos.))
((I can wait.))
Nyars is over by the R&D lab, in the hall. Talk to him and he'll explain things.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Uhm is this the right place? If it is can I skip the initial wake up and go right to speaking with the doctor. I need some time to catch up on everything else and I know I need to speak to him, so it'd give me a little time to get up to speed.
Looks good. Are you sure you want a 0 in will though? A lot of the more strange weapons and enhancements use will, so if you intend to play with the doctor, having a bit of it might be useful.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15461 on: August 01, 2013, 12:24:53 pm »

Hmm, I'll do 1 just to avoid the -1 for now.

I'll do my post for with the doctor later on :). It's gonna be a little odd though.
Caine's law.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15462 on: August 01, 2013, 12:31:22 pm »

Nyars, and the doctor's modification habits are stuff players should find or figure out on their own. If anyone wanders over toward the R&D lab I will usually tell them about Nyars just hanging out around there. The doctor is something they would probably figure out through listening to others.
((Except that what ends up happening, is that they are confused by who he is, and it has to be explained OOC over and over again. I get the idea, it just doesn't work.))
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 12:34:30 pm by Thearpox »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15463 on: August 01, 2013, 12:32:59 pm »

((You need 3 to avoid the -1.

Also, watch that news report please, it's probably Mission 11))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15464 on: August 01, 2013, 12:41:55 pm »

(( Fixed, thanks for pointing it out. ))
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 1029 1030 [1031] 1032 1033 ... 2101