_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1027 1028 [1029] 1030 1031 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5933976 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #15420 on: July 30, 2013, 12:26:43 pm »

I hate to rain on the parade, but negative stats would be getting more than a little bit excessively into min-maxery.  I think that would kinda destroy things, such as everyone around them.  An amp user with an uncontrolled +2, say?  I can see them killing everyone on the team with them after rolling an 8.

I'd be kinda tempted to kill them in self-defence before that happens, really..

Go find some cigarettes

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15421 on: July 30, 2013, 12:27:40 pm »

((Well, with their -5 end, they'd probably explode if you touched them.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15422 on: July 30, 2013, 12:29:30 pm »

(( Hah I can't worry about that now I'm going for surgery. I'm to busy worrying about what he's gonna do to me. ))
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15423 on: July 30, 2013, 12:36:50 pm »

((Here's a hint:))

"Body is almost entirely robotic. Only brain left, and even then only part of brain. Removed superfluous parts."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15424 on: July 30, 2013, 12:37:14 pm »

uh...Maybe. I guess we could do that? But I'm not sure what that would look like. What happens when someone has -5 int? Are they comatose or just severely mentally retarded? -5 dex is probably comatose.
((The problem with that, is that HMRC would just give that person robot body, which would reset it back to 0/-1. Or do what they did in the case of Vich, which would once again reset them to default.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #15425 on: July 30, 2013, 01:11:12 pm »

"Thanks! That was quick."

Read the report. Hope that I understand it.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15426 on: July 30, 2013, 01:31:28 pm »

uh...Maybe. I guess we could do that? But I'm not sure what that would look like. What happens when someone has -5 int? Are they comatose or just severely mentally retarded? -5 dex is probably comatose.
((The problem with that, is that HMRC would just give that person robot body, which would reset it back to 0/-1. Or do what they did in the case of Vich, which would once again reset them to default.))
((You can say something like "Because you haven't gotten used to using your new body, since you don't have much practice as a human, your stats still suffer." or "The damage was in your nerves and you can't correct that without rewriting your brain or doing space magic." depending on the disability. And I was just talking about stats. Doing this for skills is indeed a bad idea, since it leads to overcompetent fools who can't do much (doing this for stats is better, since for example increased will or charisma will help in mindfuck missions where you're rolling against someone). One should try to increase their skills with their missions so they can get the proper decompensators.))

Completely irrelevant, If I had high intelligence and/or intuition, could I get a combat bonus by analyzing my combatant, maybe watching him kill fight my comrades for a few seconds before joining the fight? Could I use that to make my comrades more effective by sharing some tips?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 01:39:28 pm by Parisbre56 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15427 on: July 30, 2013, 01:34:49 pm »

((What did they do to Vich?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15428 on: July 30, 2013, 01:48:25 pm »

((You can say something like "Because you haven't gotten used to using your new body, since you don't have much practice as a human, your stats still suffer." or "The damage was in your nerves and you can't correct that without rewriting your brain or doing space magic." depending on the disability.
((But the can rewrite brain if necessary, which is what they did to me. I just want to draw attention to the fact that at the end of the day, HMRC is supposed to be able to complete it's missions, and while them sending incompetent morons after precious artifacts is the premise of the game, they do work to make us fit to go in the mission. They do medicine on us when we need it, and do their best to remove our disabilities.))

((What did they do to Vich?))
((Regenerated my visual cortex.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15429 on: July 30, 2013, 01:54:41 pm »

((You can say something like "Because you haven't gotten used to using your new body, since you don't have much practice as a human, your stats still suffer." or "The damage was in your nerves and you can't correct that without rewriting your brain or doing space magic." depending on the disability.
((But the can rewrite brain if necessary, which is what they did to me. I just want to draw attention to the fact that at the end of the day, HMRC is supposed to be able to complete it's missions, and while them sending incompetent morons after precious artifacts is the premise of the game, they do work to make us fit to go in the mission. They do medicine on us when we need it, and do their best to remove our disabilities.))
((Yeah, but if they need to completely rewrite the brain, then you're gonna loose some stats. And my other excuse is still viable. If you never could dodge, give or take a hit in your life, then your skills are going to suffer even after you gain those abilities because you lack practice.))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15430 on: July 30, 2013, 01:58:19 pm »

((Fine, but I'm still against it. Because
1: Having a -1, -2 if you pick a profession, is already horrible enough chances. And
2: Fucking minmaxers.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #15431 on: July 30, 2013, 02:34:27 pm »

As he slumps out of the stasis pod that he found himself in, for the first time since the end of the sixties, Stephen Hawking found himself walking on his own.
After a brief moment of joyousness at his newfound strength, he immediately begins to look around, wondering where he is.
I dunno, I kinda like the idea of a completely wheelchair bound mental juggernaut. A professor Xavier, of sorts. You wanna be in a wheel chair or do you prefer legs?

Hmm....well I suppose I could always turn it into a rocket chair :P
My only real problem with the idea is that I would like the char to use his arms, as a Kinetic Amp wielding, hypercompetent boxer Stephen Hawking is kinda hilarious to me.
Also we would have to retcon the crap out of my previous roleplay and such.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15432 on: July 30, 2013, 02:37:23 pm »

((I know! He's disabled but the Doctor is letting him test his new Mechachair!))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15433 on: July 30, 2013, 02:37:55 pm »

((Elaborate? You've already played Stefen?

Also, please use double-brackets when speaking OOC.))
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 02:40:54 pm by Thearpox »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15434 on: July 30, 2013, 03:21:14 pm »

((Elaborate? You've already played Stefen?

Also, please use double-brackets when speaking OOC.))

((Says the guy using double parentheses.))
Pages: 1 ... 1027 1028 [1029] 1030 1031 ... 2101