_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1003 1004 [1005] 1006 1007 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5926164 times)

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #15060 on: June 27, 2013, 11:58:00 am »

((Doesn't it feel kind of sad that Milno gets to do all those cool situations, but we will never, almost certainly never encounter anything close to that? I mean infiltrate something? In HMRC? Don't see that happening any time soon.

And there is always that sadness that our beloved heroes whom we love in a narrative cannot do some random but very interesting and awesome things because of the said narrative. The stars would never align.

I suppose that part of where the superhero matchmaking or moronic movie titles comes from, a desire to put a hero in an otherwise improbable or impossible situation. Too bad that stuff never has the depth the actual narrative has from being able to tie all the strings together. Man, this is a sad life I live, desiring so much and being able to enjoy so little.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #15061 on: June 27, 2013, 01:33:02 pm »

"I think I'm gonna need this."
Put my bottle of Astro in front of me, ready to drink from it when the TV program predictably remains strange/horrible.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #15062 on: June 28, 2013, 02:11:19 am »

((Doesn't it feel kind of sad that Milno gets to do all those cool situations, but we will never, almost certainly never encounter anything close to that? I mean infiltrate something? In HMRC? Don't see that happening any time soon.

And there is always that sadness that our beloved heroes whom we love in a narrative cannot do some random but very interesting and awesome things because of the said narrative. The stars would never align.

I suppose that part of where the superhero matchmaking or moronic movie titles comes from, a desire to put a hero in an otherwise improbable or impossible situation. Too bad that stuff never has the depth the actual narrative has from being able to tie all the strings together. Man, this is a sad life I live, desiring so much and being able to enjoy so little.))
((Judging from the situation in the other thread, we may end up committing treason, or more likely, kill everyone on the planet.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15063 on: June 28, 2013, 02:41:04 am »

((Judging from the situation in the other thread, we may end up committing treason, or more likely, kill everyone on the planet.))
((So what else is new?))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #15064 on: June 28, 2013, 09:15:20 am »

((That is about article three in the HMRC handbook right after "Don't annoy the psychokinetic Armoury Master"))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15065 on: June 28, 2013, 09:18:01 am »

((That is about article three in the HMRC handbook right after "Don't annoy the psychokinetic Armoury Master"))
((What's Article 1?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15066 on: June 28, 2013, 09:21:16 am »

((Be careful what you ask for around the Doc.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15067 on: June 28, 2013, 09:28:40 am »

((So...Doc's been around longer than the AM, or were the Articles revised relatively recently?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #15068 on: June 28, 2013, 09:30:16 am »

((So so true))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15069 on: June 28, 2013, 09:42:36 am »

((So...Doc's been around longer than the AM, or were the Articles revised relatively recently?))

((I am pretty sure she said he was here when she arrived, but I can't swear to that.  To be fair, he did warn someone else about her.  ))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15070 on: June 28, 2013, 10:54:43 am »

((I am pretty sure she said he was here when she arrived, but I can't swear to that.  To be fair, he did warn someone else about her.  ))
((Yeah, she confirmed Doc has been around longer than her. According to the AM, when she got into the Corps, he was already the ship's Doctor (supposedly having ended his service run much earlier). And I do think he warned someone about the AM.

So far, it's like they are mildly wary of each other.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15071 on: June 28, 2013, 11:11:46 am »

((I wonder if they went on a mission together.))
Sig

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15072 on: June 28, 2013, 11:10:34 pm »

Jim does the sensible thing. He rips the centipede off and throws it at Feyri to distract her while he makes his escape!
You rip the centipede off.
[end:5]
You hurl the severed bit at the demon feyri. Your superhuman strength results in a insectoid bullet that sends her flailing back like she's been hit by a softball fired from a cannon.

"In this exercise you will be infiltrating a compound, covertly placing an explosive and then making your escape before detonating it. Before we begin, tell me: What is the most effective disguise for infiltrating a guarded compound?"
"infiltrating a compound, covertly placing an explosive"
infiltrating  covertly

Milno's brow creases slightly at the description of the training course; if his previous missions are anything to go by, he's almost as stealthy and subtle as an enraged grizzly bear driving a speeding truck through a sea of highly explosive bubblewrap. To be fair, he expected the virtual course to be something more akin to learning how to use explosives without blowing up both him and his teammates, but even then he's still going on with it due to the possibility of needing such skills in the future.

"I'd rather never be found at all and not need a disguise." he answers, crossing his arms and tilting his head, wondering if military compounds were full of cameras, movement sensors and all types of exaggerated security check routines he had once glimpsed in a movie. "But if it comes down to that, cleaning or some kind of basic maintenance person."

Answer.
"Correct. Maintenance personnel are invisible, ignored by others and often granted access to many places, despite their low positions. Plus it is not unusual for them to be seen carrying toolboxes or packages, making it easy for them to smuggle things in."

"In the following exercise will consist of you transporting a remote control explosive device to a sensitive area within a compound. You will not be armed or armored. You will be dressed as a maintenance worker and have the proper papers and cards to work with this disguise. Avoid contact if possible. Your target is a power junction deep in the compound. Junction C-34. You will be provided with a map to the location. Once there, plant the device and make your escape. Any questions?"

I'm still reading it out, (5 days in!) but I think I'd like a character.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Welcome, new meat. Enjoy your short and exciting life.

Pancaek looks mildly confused "Right, that was different. Third time's the charm?"

Pray to the pantheon, flip channel
You looking for something in particular? Otherwise I'll keep showing off my extensive knowledge of bizarre shit.

Oh ye of little faith.

"I think I'm gonna need this."
Put my bottle of Astro in front of me, ready to drink from it when the TV program predictably remains strange/horrible.
You place bottle down on the ground like the knife of a man about to commit Hari Kari.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15073 on: June 28, 2013, 11:15:14 pm »

((What, no intro for the new guy? No description of vomiting up blue goo whilst naked? And possibly greeted by some freak or another of the HMRC's?))
Sig

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15074 on: June 28, 2013, 11:17:10 pm »

((All he did was post his sheet. He hasn't actually performed any actions yet so he's currently in cryo.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 ... 1003 1004 [1005] 1006 1007 ... 2101