_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 994 995 [996] 997 998 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5923894 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #14925 on: June 18, 2013, 02:19:05 pm »

"Ow."

Zap around a bit. Stop for a bit on anything that looks like racing sports, knife catching, or major news.
You find a channel thats people playing soccer on top of formula one race cars.

"These race sports are weird, man."

"yeah, I know what you mean. I Like sacrifices for the greater good as much as the next guy, but not if it's me. But where are my manners, my name's Pancaek" He holds out his hand for the man to shake "Now, self destruct mechanisms are out of the question, the target is to survive more. The AM has already offered me some armour that works against projectiles and a bit against lasers. So do you have anything defensive, that will help me survive longer? Or heck, some interesting toy you've been working on? If it has to do with robot bodies, surviving more and/or amps, I'm all ears."

Introduce self, shake man's hand if he complies, ask question

"Hmm. Like, active defense or passive defense? Because we could install some claymores on ya, like they have on the battlesuits. Those would do it. Or you just want something that stops bullets, so to speak?"

((Computer Jim has a seriously deep grasp on what means to be human. That is somewhat ironic.))

After hearing the part about the armory master "taking care of him", Milno briefly wonders if his situation has somehow made her pity him, her regretful look a while back coming to mind; the thought is fleeting, however, as he quickly dismisses it as overthinking nonsense. "Thanks. Until then, I'll do my best not to get killed." he answers confidently anyway. The possibility of working at the ship seems at the very least more interesting than returning to a planet where his family may have stopped existing centuries ago.

"I think I'll check on my suit, but before leaving I have a question." he says, suddenly recalling something he had already wondered about before. "Is there a hard limit to how many missions you may perform under the HMRC?"

Ask the go check on the suit.

"Not that I know of. I doubt we'd turn away willing help."

You nod and wave goodbye before wandering into the hanger and then locker room and digging your suit out. Yep, same as you left it.

Jim listened, a bemused smile on his face. "So, a fake of a fake is smarter than the person it's speaking as. You're right anyway. I guess what I'm really worried about is... I want something I don't think I can have. Even assuming I can bull my way through four more missions, and in the best case scenario Feyri makes it through ten too, is it really possible for me to have a normal life? I assume the Doctor could regenerate my old body if I wanted to go back to it, but... I don't know anything."

He tapped the side of his head, as if to indicate the amps. "This is all I'm good at. It's what I was made for, and I doubt the HMRC is going to let me keep these if I make it to ten and leave. I don't know how to... to build or create things, to program computers or repair them... I don't have the imagination to write or to create art. I don't know how normal people live and interact with each other."

Jim sighed. "I just wanted to vent these feelings, I suppose, and I figured the only person who would understand me is me. I really don't know anyone else on the 'Sword that well, except for Milno, but he and Steve would both just be snarky if I talked to them."

Continue talking to Sim-Jim.

"In a way, you may be able to assimilate better then anyone else. They all had lives in that world, expectations of what they might return to. Their old worlds are gone, but the expectations of them remain and they'll have to overcome  those old ways to adapt to a new life. To someone who has never lived a peaceful life, who has lived doing nothing but constantly adapt to changing situations, I doubt such a life could be a real challenge. It will take time to adjust, to learn how the world out there works, to find your place in it, but these are all things you've done a dozen times by now. And usually under fire. You'll find your way.

Or you could just keep that synthflesh and sell it on the civilian market. That would net you enough profit to buy a civ prosthetic or regen'd body and to live comfortably for life. "

Well, if I managed to fuse myself with you and not be overwhelmed by you, we would be.

>Shouldn't you be getting ready to go? Shouldn't you all be getting ready to go? Shoo.

((That speech with Jim is one of the reasons I love piecewise.))
Also, if that thing is still an official duel, then that AI (probably, depending on what Jim does) won the duel despite its major disadvantage. Its programmers should feel proud. Except if this is just a VR drug induced hallucination, kinda like taking drugs to meditate and find one's self.
((Yeah, that was awesome.))

Faith waved back to Maurice, a little surprised.

"Oh, hey. Are you part of the medical staff now or something?"

She then began typing a message to the Doctor on her wristpad. She'd hoped to ask him in person, but evidently he'd vanished for some project or another.

Quote from: Message to Doctor
Excuse me, I'm part of the next mission and I'd like your advice. I'm guessing you've heard about it, but it's essentially suppressing riots with fear.

Anyway, I realize this isn't your usual style, but I'd like to perform this mission with as few deaths as possible. I have a fair number of tokens, though I'd like to avoid overspecializing for this one mission, and I think you're familiar with my general capabilities.

What would you recommend?

Greet Maurice, message Doc.

"For the time being. Internship or something like that." Maurice says, poking at a datapad with a grimace, "Still not used to the filing system. Or back there." He points to the doors that lead to the rear of the infirmary. "I swear it's bigger then it really should be."

Close range or long?

Go to the infirmary, get the amp installed, then go wait next to the pods

specifically, lean against the wall across from the pods, hands behind my back, head tracking people as they move past, but not making eye contact.
Consider yourself installed and then in full loiter mode.

((@PW: Could you give me Renen's token count and inventory?))

Oh, my...The assassin's misson turned into a massacre. It's pretty good that we can't be convicted by new crimes like genocide.

Get the katana and the monoatomic sword ready. Look for Doc and ask about crowd control - even knowing that he will say things about mass murder.
Renen
+1 to all katana combat rolls 1/3 to other sword rolls.
slow mo ability. Triggered on successful will roll. +2 dynamic dex bonus.
1/3 Dex,char,will,exotic
-1 handi, con, med
MK II
Unnamed Katana
Monoatomic sword
knife
rope.
4 token

Doc ain't nowhere to be found. But Maurice is around, if you want to talk to him.

"'m Cecil Stillwright! was assigned ta this ship as res'dnt burocrat ta' deal with th' assigns ta' th' ship f'r less'n theft. Sur'lee ya've got sommat 'bout that in yer rec'rds? Should'a been recent..."

>I'm gonna electrocute you now. And I'm gonna keep electrocuting you until you stop speaking with so many apostrophes.

May runs to Thomas after she'd accomplished everything. "So, we're not going to see each other for a while..."
"Oh, so you're going on the mission, aren't you."
Thomas frowns a little, worried.
Bookmark/favorite/pin the pages, for later perusal.
Page mark book pinned.

Pout at Steve. Leave the room without talking to him, and try to find the Armory Master.

"Can I pretty please have a, um, suit, and something to play with heat and light? What would that kinda stuff me? Where could I get it? Why do you have that...being quiet now."

"You really should stick with Feyri." The armory master says, leaning on the counter to look down at you. "Anyways, you get a suit for free, unless you want a Mk II or III or something else. The free one is in your locker,that way. And I'm not sure what you're asking for beyond that.  There are lots of things that "Play" with heat and light. Lasers, Manipulators, Amps, projectors. You're gonna need to be a little more specific."

((Computer Jim has a seriously deep grasp on what means to be human. That is somewhat ironic.))
((PW is awesome. I don't have the heart to delve deeper than the philosophical teachings I've researched or state it in perfect brevity..and he takes it fully on the point.

But still, that was amazing introspection there. Very, very amazing, with feels between awe and wonder. But I doubt that's ironic about Jim, because he has a lot that isn't known.))

Feyri pondered on Steve's words, and realized the conundrum that anyone who had a choice would face. How to approach the problem: before getting to the point, or thinking too much.

"Is it possible to disguise myself amongst the castes? As in, no gender discrimination or age discrimination? Are there any signifying marks which stop anyone pretending to be from another caste? And when are we ordered back onto the Sword from our duty as safekeepers?

"Have they chosen us purely because of our reputation, Steve?"

Ask Steve.

Aren't you forgetting something?
What? Weapon, gear, diary..no.
Something..else?

Quote from: Feyri Nirel = James Kelly

Hey Jim :)

I've heard you're back and are probably busy so..I'd just like to give a heads up that-
Oh right, new MK suit. We don't have linked camera feeds...
-that I've been chosen to get on this mission and..that I hope you're doing fine. Must be tired? Anyway.

Why am I typing my thoughts out...
Thanks Jim, for being there for me and I really hope you're ok there along with Milno and Faith..Stay safe, I'll be back along with the rest. We've got a good team here, newbies much, but they've got great potential. Pretty much an ideal team, Oh and..
Darnit I can't do this..
Take care. :)
Message > Jim.
Ugh...

>I'm not sure about the fine details of the system. I'm sure you can ask someone on the planet though. I doubt the powers that be will leave you completely unsupplied and unobserved. And you'll be back when they don't need you any more.

>Not sure. Maybe they just needed expendable people and we were in the area.

Nyars will get his bat and start searching for the unpodded soon enough. Make your preparations and get jello'd.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #14926 on: June 18, 2013, 02:49:33 pm »

"claymores eh? how much would that cost to install and to replace if I trigger them? and would they damage the armor the AM talked about if they're triggered? And how many could you install and where would they be placed? But yeah, I was more thinking about something to stop bullets and lasers, you got anything like that?"

ask lab guy

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #14927 on: June 18, 2013, 03:00:06 pm »

"Well, it's better than the last racing... thing I've seen. Probably."
Watch for a bit, see how the rules appear to be handled.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14928 on: June 18, 2013, 04:33:24 pm »

Go to the infirmary, get the amp installed, then go wait next to the pods

specifically, lean against the wall across from the pods, hands behind my back, head tracking people as they move past, but not making eye contact.
Watch and wait more, do not allow myself to be beaten with a bat, enter pod on my own when Nyars threatens, but loiter until then.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #14929 on: June 18, 2013, 04:39:03 pm »

I've been ready for weeks.

Go get podded.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14930 on: June 18, 2013, 04:44:30 pm »

((@Tiruin: If you pay enough, you can get Feyri's fleshy body back.))
((Or they could take some food. Food is organic. At least normal food is. Don't know what the HMRC has here.

And the only problem with leaving it to Jim as he is right now is that even with a dynamic bonus and a decompensator he might overshoot and well... Feyri might end up with... feminine features resembling those of May's.))
>___>

Buy a pack of stun grenades which would cost 2 tokens.

Ensure everyone's in their pods, and await Grate before going on.

...I guess preparing ahead won't help here.

Ask Steve if communications could be set up between any of our suits and linked to the Sword's receiving prisoner-deck communications.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14931 on: June 18, 2013, 05:24:25 pm »

May spends a few more minutes with Thomas, before getting her stuff and going to get podded.

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #14932 on: June 18, 2013, 05:36:38 pm »

"Apostrophies? it's an accent. But alright, alright. Why don't I have the clearance I should have as the ship's resident beaurocrat, and... bother, this is the mission room, isn't it?

... Can you please tell me what my current status is, as far as your records are concerned?
"

Once everything is explained, go to the Armory, buy a Kinetic Amplifier and a Monoatomic Razor, and head to get launched out of the ship.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14933 on: June 18, 2013, 09:55:37 pm »

((So whatever happened to the Teamkiller Rifle?))
((The what?))

And the only problem with leaving it to Jim as he is right now is that even with a dynamic bonus and a decompensator he might overshoot and well... Feyri might end up with... feminine features resembling those of May's.))
((I suspect that there is something I'd really not like to know here, but...what are you talking about?))

"Okay, thank you! I'll go ask Ms. Feyri--it was her idea!"
Grate started to run down the hall, then he stopped and turned around.
"Wait, where's my locker? And how do you know that Miss Feyri is helping me?"
Ask. Go to locker and get suit. Go to Miss Feyri.
"Hi, Miss Feyri! What's that thing you said I should get?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14934 on: June 18, 2013, 10:05:34 pm »

"In a way, you may be able to assimilate better then anyone else. They all had lives in that world, expectations of what they might return to. Their old worlds are gone, but the expectations of them remain and they'll have to overcome those old ways to adapt to a new life. To someone who has never lived a peaceful life, who has lived doing nothing but constantly adapt to changing situations, I doubt such a life could be a real challenge. It will take time to adjust, to learn how the world out there works, to find your place in it, but these are all things you've done a dozen times by now. And usually under fire. You'll find your way.

Or you could just keep that synthflesh and sell it on the civilian market. That would net you enough profit to buy a civ prosthetic or regen'd body and to live comfortably for life. "

Jim thought about it. "That makes a lot of sense. I suppose I could use my downtime to try and learn a useful trade." He nodded to the simulation. "We'll talk again later. Thanks." He logged out of VR and noticed he had a message.

Quote from: Feyri Nirel = James Kelly

Hey Jim :)

I've heard you're back and are probably busy so..I'd just like to give a heads up that I've been chosen to get on this mission and..that I hope you're doing fine. Must be tired? Anyway.

Thanks Jim, for being there for me and I really hope you're ok there along with Milno and Faith..Stay safe, I'll be back along with the rest. We've got a good team here, newbies much, but they've got great potential. Pretty much an ideal team, Oh and...

Take care. :)

Quote from: James Kelly to Feyri Nirel
Not especially busy. I just had a few things I needed to think about... some time with myself, as it were. Not really too tired, either. I would've volunteered for the same mission you're on if I had noticed one was being organized. >_>

And you're welcome. Stay safe and come back to me, all right? And take care of Grate, too. Poor kid. I don't know what he did to end up here but he needs someone to look after him for now. I would do it myself if I were with you, but I think you can handle it. ;D

Good luck, Fey.

Jim wandered over to the Armory Master's kiosk after that.

"So, uh... what kind of drink was it that caused Stacy to draw that one picture that won't be further described?"

Acquire Xenospit (I think it was), then have a seat in the rec room and take a shot of it.

(@Grate, re: Paris's statement: May's bodyshape is a little like a fertility idol.)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 10:32:53 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14935 on: June 18, 2013, 10:24:49 pm »

((So whatever happened to the Teamkiller Rifle?))
((The what?))

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=106279.msg3179626#msg3179626

((Ivan, as you may recall, was the one who then turned into the Altered cicada demon.  Tavik (sorry, I forget your character name- Jack?) looted it.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14936 on: June 18, 2013, 10:34:06 pm »

Quote from: Renen to Doc
Can you give me some tips about crowd control? Besides killing everyone...Long and short range, with a preference for short range.

Send message to Doc.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14937 on: June 18, 2013, 10:35:38 pm »

((I would say fertility Goddess, not idol. Because I just looked up fertility idol, and apparently the idols are screaming statue heads. Not super May-like.

I'm sure Feyri could handle a similar build if it came down to replacing her body. Again. The Doctor seems like the type of guy to just go ahead with the process at the slightest excuse. All May asked for was to be slightly feminine. Speaking of Fertility Godesses...

Hey Piecewise, I got a question. When May got done with Extreme Feminization, you said her figure was based on a Fertility Goddess. Having done a little bit of research on those Goddess throughout various mythologies, it seems the norm for Fertility Godesses to be 'big' (which I'm sure is to represent pregnancy and eroticism.) So my question is, did the process give May a bit of plumpness? I don't mind, it's just that I hadn't put that into possibility until now. I guess it would make sense too, since having huge deposits of fat and but a small waist would give May this weird "Plastic-Pornstar/Jessica Rabbit" figure. ))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14938 on: June 18, 2013, 10:37:05 pm »

((Ivan, as you may recall...))
((Nope. I think I see why it was called the Teamkiller rifle, though. Poor Jim...))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14939 on: June 18, 2013, 10:41:18 pm »

((@GM:Has the AM integrated the armor into the helmet and put the paralyzing gas back in their place, then? She was going to do that but I left for the last mission without checking the results.))

Check the helmet's distribution of weight now that it is bigger and has the armor integrated into it.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 994 995 [996] 997 998 ... 2101