_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 991 992 [993] 994 995 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5923863 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #14880 on: June 17, 2013, 02:02:16 pm »

((Computer Jim has a seriously deep grasp on what means to be human. That is somewhat ironic.))

After hearing the part about the armory master "taking care of him", Milno briefly wonders if his situation has somehow made her pity him, her regretful look a while back coming to mind; the thought is fleeting, however, as he quickly dismisses it as overthinking nonsense. "Thanks. Until then, I'll do my best not to get killed." he answers confidently anyway. The possibility of working at the ship seems at the very least more interesting than returning to a planet where his family may have stopped existing centuries ago.

"I think I'll check on my suit, but before leaving I have a question." he says, suddenly recalling something he had already wondered about before. "Is there a hard limit to how many missions you may perform under the HMRC?"

Ask the go check on the suit.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14881 on: June 17, 2013, 03:29:52 pm »

Jim listened, a bemused smile on his face. "So, a fake of a fake is smarter than the person it's speaking as. You're right anyway. I guess what I'm really worried about is... I want something I don't think I can have. Even assuming I can bull my way through four more missions, and in the best case scenario Feyri makes it through ten too, is it really possible for me to have a normal life? I assume the Doctor could regenerate my old body if I wanted to go back to it, but... I don't know anything."

He tapped the side of his head, as if to indicate the amps. "This is all I'm good at. It's what I was made for, and I doubt the HMRC is going to let me keep these if I make it to ten and leave. I don't know how to... to build or create things, to program computers or repair them... I don't have the imagination to write or to create art. I don't know how normal people live and interact with each other."

Jim sighed. "I just wanted to vent these feelings, I suppose, and I figured the only person who would understand me is me. I really don't know anyone else on the 'Sword that well, except for Milno, but he and Steve would both just be snarky if I talked to them."

Continue talking to Sim-Jim.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 03:57:31 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #14882 on: June 17, 2013, 03:33:41 pm »

Well, if I managed to fuse myself with you and not be overwhelmed by you, we would be.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14883 on: June 17, 2013, 03:36:32 pm »

((That speech with Jim is one of the reasons I love piecewise.))
Also, if that thing is still an official duel, then that AI (probably, depending on what Jim does) won the duel despite its major disadvantage. Its programmers should feel proud. Except if this is just a VR drug induced hallucination, kinda like taking drugs to meditate and find one's self.
((Yeah, that was awesome.))

Faith waved back to Maurice, a little surprised.

"Oh, hey. Are you part of the medical staff now or something?"

She then began typing a message to the Doctor on her wristpad. She'd hoped to ask him in person, but evidently he'd vanished for some project or another.

Quote from: Message to Doctor
Excuse me, I'm part of the next mission and I'd like your advice. I'm guessing you've heard about it, but it's essentially suppressing riots with fear.

Anyway, I realize this isn't your usual style, but I'd like to perform this mission with as few deaths as possible. I have a fair number of tokens, though I'd like to avoid overspecializing for this one mission, and I think you're familiar with my general capabilities.

What would you recommend?

Greet Maurice, message Doc.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14884 on: June 17, 2013, 03:53:57 pm »

Go to the infirmary, get the amp installed, then go wait next to the pods

specifically, lean against the wall across from the pods, hands behind my back, head tracking people as they move past, but not making eye contact.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14885 on: June 17, 2013, 03:54:56 pm »

((@SC: I think Jim has the same number of missions as Milno, so he needs four more to get ten (IIRC). The assassin mission counted as a failure and doesn't add for the purpose of being set free.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14886 on: June 17, 2013, 03:56:32 pm »

(Edited.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14887 on: June 17, 2013, 04:06:09 pm »

((@IronyOwl: Do you remember those flying strings controlled by gloves and used to knock out people by shocking them? Those would probably work as good riot control even when dealing with large groups of people.))
>Yes?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14888 on: June 17, 2013, 04:09:39 pm »

((This mission would be the perfect testing ground for my weapon... and Anton is stuck on a semi-doomed planetoid half a star cluster away. -_-

I don't think you can do better for crowd control than an unlimited-duration lightning stream shooting from your hand. ^_^))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14889 on: June 17, 2013, 04:19:38 pm »

((UNLIMITED POWEEEEEEEEEER! Ahem. Sorry, had to be done.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14890 on: June 17, 2013, 05:51:37 pm »

((@PW: Could you give me Renen's token count and inventory?))

Oh, my...The assassin's misson turned into a massacre. It's pretty good that we can't be convicted by new crimes like genocide.

Get the katana and the monoatomic sword ready. Look for Doc and ask about crowd control - even knowing that he will say things about mass murder.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #14891 on: June 17, 2013, 05:52:34 pm »

"'m Cecil Stillwright! was assigned ta this ship as res'dnt burocrat ta' deal with th' assigns ta' th' ship f'r less'n theft. Sur'lee ya've got sommat 'bout that in yer rec'rds? Should'a been recent..."
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Celebrating one year of Space Based Idiocy
« Reply #14892 on: June 17, 2013, 07:41:37 pm »

May runs to Thomas after she'd accomplished everything. "So, we're not going to see each other for a while..."
"Oh, so you're going on the mission, aren't you."
Thomas frowns a little, worried.
Bookmark/favorite/pin the pages, for later perusal.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Celebrating one year of Space Based Idiocy
« Reply #14893 on: June 17, 2013, 08:54:40 pm »

May runs to Thomas after she'd accomplished everything. "So, we're not going to see each other for a while..."
"Oh, so you're going on the mission, aren't you."
Thomas frowns a little, worried.
Bookmark/favorite/pin the pages, for later perusal.

"Yeah, so..." She walked up to her man, putting her arms around him and burying her face into his chest.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14894 on: June 17, 2013, 09:29:11 pm »

((@IronyOwl: Do you remember those flying strings controlled by gloves and used to knock out people by shocking them? Those would probably work as good riot control even when dealing with large groups of people.))
((Yeah, definitely one of the options I was considering.

Trouble is, I seem to remember them being a bit unwieldy, and they don't really aid in not getting shot in the face or bricked in the leg.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 991 992 [993] 994 995 ... 2101