_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 973 974 [975] 976 977 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5930350 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Celebrating one year of Space Based Idiocy
« Reply #14610 on: June 04, 2013, 04:22:46 pm »

Keep on reading it. Absorb all the drinking info.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14611 on: June 04, 2013, 04:25:15 pm »

((I got a cartoony guild to laser rifles.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14612 on: June 04, 2013, 04:26:21 pm »

Ride until we happen across some Confederate soldiers.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14613 on: June 05, 2013, 02:10:25 am »

That should distract the shooter for a while, self-preservation is generally one of the most influential instincts. The noise should act as a distraction, unless the shooter can see the window already, if that's the case it'll help narrow down their possible locations.
Assuming of course, that whoever is hunting us is human.

Charles quickly scans the area for any movement, he takes note of all the locations that had a direct line of sight to both Feyri and the window that had shattered.
The breaking glass was from your stone, not from someone shooting.
((I know, Charles is just trying to figure out the locations the shooter may be hiding in if they are not distracted. He is assuming that the shooter would not be distracted if they knew it was just a rock, hence they must have direct line of sight to Feyri in order to have shot her and direct line of sight to the window in order to know that it was a distraction.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14614 on: June 05, 2013, 09:27:38 am »

((There are targeted documents- you gave out info on proper setting of a dislocated joint, once.  That might have been over Steve-Radio.))
((People (including me once) already received short instructions manuals from Steve in the finest "Fixing A Dislocated Joint For Dummies" style. They disappeared right after serving their purpose, if I recall correctly.))
((There are targeted documents- you gave out info on proper setting of a dislocated joint, once.  That might have been over Steve-Radio.))
Ah yes, those things that gave bonuses for one specific thing. Suppose we could still do that. Though I don't think I ever gave out a straight permanent bonus through books or anything.

"This place is..."
Examine the surroundings so I can finish that sentence. Finish that sentence.

See if I can bring Equaterina in here.
"...A decaying, run down, C shaped strip mall populated by collapsing storefronts, a barren parking lot filled with debris and one rather confused bovine looking guy. There are lines of homes on either side of the road leading here  and chances are that someone is shooting at me from one of those homes. Oh no. "

Also gonna say no. Poacher has some pretty hard anti-cheating protection.

"So you are motivated by a job well done. But do all brain-puters feel as you do? And is the feeling of a purpose fulfilled the only thing keeping you in line? 'Cause that doesn't seem like a safe engineering practice is what I'm saying."

"So, I assume you, being made of brains and all, do possess the capacity for an imagination, right? Correct me if I'm wrong. Can you create art and whatnot, all that silly stuff people like to get together and enjoy for whatever purpose?"

The interview continues.

>I can't say what motivates all of them. And no, I'm restrained by various methods. Many of them physical.

>Sure.

Wait quietly.
*Hums a death march*

Keep on reading it. Absorb all the drinking info.
Lets just say you've absorbed all the info and that you can now drink much more effectively. So now you can be debilitated much quicker!

((I got a cartoony guild to laser rifles.))
Yeah, I remember that one. Made for the engineered soldiers with a rather limited intellect.

Ride until we happen across some Confederate soldiers.
That could be a while without a specific destination. It's not like confederate troops just wandered aimlessly through the farmlands. Usually.

That should distract the shooter for a while, self-preservation is generally one of the most influential instincts. The noise should act as a distraction, unless the shooter can see the window already, if that's the case it'll help narrow down their possible locations.
Assuming of course, that whoever is hunting us is human.

Charles quickly scans the area for any movement, he takes note of all the locations that had a direct line of sight to both Feyri and the window that had shattered.
The breaking glass was from your stone, not from someone shooting.
((I know, Charles is just trying to figure out the locations the shooter may be hiding in if they are not distracted. He is assuming that the shooter would not be distracted if they knew it was just a rock, hence they must have direct line of sight to Feyri in order to have shot her and direct line of sight to the window in order to know that it was a distraction.))
In that case, if your theory is correct, it looks like the shots should be coming from one of about 5-8 homes on the right side of the wash, about a quarter mile from your current location.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14615 on: June 05, 2013, 09:32:41 am »

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14616 on: June 05, 2013, 09:41:26 am »

Ask girl what state we're in.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14617 on: June 05, 2013, 09:47:55 am »

Head over to the computers.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14618 on: June 05, 2013, 02:48:56 pm »

(( Give me an entire medical dictionary and let the int rolls learn completely useless tasks! Like liver transplants! [cue me trying to 'attack' an enemy by performing a liver transplant :P]  And I think I was more after something to study over an injury, rather than a passive bonus. Ah well. I will try to refocus for now. Let's go abuse Tinker! ))

"Denied medical knowledge again. Welp, let's see if the VR can teach me something."

To the VR! Bring up Tinker and a MK I suit.

(( Because I don't want to go dig up all the descriptions of how terrible it is, but I want to fiddle with it's computer. ))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14619 on: June 05, 2013, 04:47:10 pm »

Run from the people shooting at me! Ideally away and towards some kind of shelter. Hide in the shelter.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14620 on: June 05, 2013, 06:36:14 pm »

((Let's go abuse Tinker! ))

((And so the madness begins afresh.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14621 on: June 05, 2013, 09:34:08 pm »

You act dead. It's fairly easy.
((Err..No it's actually not if you're with that kind of pain. Unless I'm visualizing a gunsh-gauss rifle round wound differently, playing dead is darn hard.

..Unless I am dead. Err.))
((Seconded.))

I imagine that she's curled in a ball, holding the wound but not moving much and not making much noise. Of course acting believably dead upclose would be difficult, but the shooter is far enough away that as long as feyri isn't screaming or wiggling all over the place, she's passable. And Her current make up is of the type that pain isn't as big of a problem.
((Ahh, that's good to hear. Yay expounded definition! Now I get it.))

Mentally suppress pain.

Try to use senses to dictate where that shot came from, or memory to check the angle and direction of the shooter. If possible, open eyes to check on any nearby areas of cover that I can probably go to.

Assess physical situation. If I were to stand, could I get to any nearby place safely? Would I limp in pain, or would I stumble? How much hurt does that gauss round..hurt?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14622 on: June 05, 2013, 10:57:01 pm »

Feyri can now be controlled by whomever wishes to post actions for her. Because the player is busy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14623 on: June 06, 2013, 12:07:48 am »

"Steve, do you get a kick out of your job or do you just do it because you feel you have to? It's an important distinction, you see."

"Also, what's the most disappointed you've ever felt in your life?"

Inquire, ask, interview - all that good stuff.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14624 on: June 06, 2013, 05:37:41 am »

Charles hides and waits.
Very well, it's your turn now. So, tell me, did you see the rock or not?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 ... 973 974 [975] 976 977 ... 2101