_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 962 963 [964] 965 966 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5922758 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Celebrating one year of Space Based Idiocy
« Reply #14445 on: May 18, 2013, 09:08:34 pm »

"Got any hints, Lyra? I'll try to recall what ever happened before we...err, got here."

Recall past memories before we 'found' ourselves in the basement.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14446 on: May 18, 2013, 09:41:10 pm »

"Got any hints, Lyra? I'll try to recall what ever happened before we...err, got here."

stop immediately, turn and stare at Feyri, head tilted to one side slightly.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14447 on: May 18, 2013, 11:16:02 pm »

"W-what?"

Feyri was surprised at the response--well, as far as surprise could get.

"Its just that I...currently have no idea of how we got here, why we were in a basement, and why the whole area is all post-modern day. This is just like viewing Earth from when I was young in the old post-apocalypse simulators we used to play with. Pretty gritty things...

"That, and we've currently no idea where we are, where to go (except somewhere better and safer), and I'm not even sure if this place is irradiated and all. Excuse that last part, just thinking out loud there."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14448 on: May 19, 2013, 04:23:15 am »

"VR"

Continue to stare at Feyri for five seconds after speaking before turning and continuing to backtrack. glance at her periodically as we walk.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14449 on: May 19, 2013, 10:58:45 am »

Continue to stare at Feyri for five seconds after speaking before turning and continuing to backtrack. glance at her periodically as we walk.
((Achievement Unlocked: People think I'm insane...But sanity is just denying the truth.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14450 on: May 19, 2013, 11:14:31 am »

((Achievement Unlocked: People think I'm insane...But sanity is just denying the truth.))
((And I've no idea if this pertains to me or not XD))

"...Right. The VR."

Well it should usually give a backstory. Or background information...
But its more fun this way.
Yeah, that much is true.

"So...why do you talk little? I mean, no disrespect if I'm being offensive, but I'm just curious. A bit meek there?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14451 on: May 19, 2013, 01:18:58 pm »

slow down somewhat while speaking, initially only a tiny bit slower but slowing down over time. dont change where i'm looking or going.

"Vulnerable, it... Fear."

switch back to normal speed three seconds after finishing speaking.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14452 on: May 20, 2013, 11:33:31 am »

Stacy does a tapdance as he considers Sandy's answer.

"So that means that all the people crazy, criminal and ruthless enough to survive the HMRC can walk free with all the undoubtedly dangerous weapons of mass destruction they've accumulated? Doesn't that seem a bit counterproductive? I mean, the idiotic psychopaths probably die horribly, as do the simple idiots and psychopaths, but doesn't that kinda serve as a selection process for the supercriminals of tomorrow?"

"Then again, I don't know how many people survive the 10 or so missions. Do you know of any others except yourself and the Doctor? What's happened to them?"

Pursue line of questioning.

"You'd be surprised. HMRC tours tend to leave one with a sense of perspective. Plus I've heard that the UWM offers some sort of buy back program for it's weapons, so most guys probably just sell their weapons and live the high life. And I don't know of any others personally, no."

"Especially with two people..."

Upper right square.

Think of some games I could teach Equaterina.
_O_|X|_O_
   __|X|_X_
    X|O|

As per games you could teach her, You're not really sure. It kind of dependent on what you can get into this void.

Run into the tavern.

"I AM QUEEN OF THE UNDERWORLD. BOW DOWN TO ME."

The two half drunken farmers you just ambushed seem understandably confused by your outburst.
continue backtracking, continue to periodically stop to look around and listen.
The footprints end when they walk out of the wash and onto the sidewalk near one of the strip malls.

Recall past memories before we 'found' ourselves in the basement.
Yeah, you don't have those memories. Just because the game simulated things happening before you took control doesn't mean you're gonna have memories of that forcibly uploaded into your brain.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14453 on: May 20, 2013, 12:05:33 pm »

look at the various stores in the strip mall. what condition are they in? is there anything worth looting?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14454 on: May 20, 2013, 12:29:01 pm »

"Well, that certainly sounds all fine and good. Are there any legends you've heard of people who've survived the HMRC? I imagine there would be a few, no?"

Keep on askin'.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14455 on: May 20, 2013, 08:27:55 pm »

Left.

Also try to make a broad game. Maybe Chess, maybe Risk, maybe Diplomacy, maybe Monopoly. If it's one of the last three or another game most fun with more than two people, see if I can make more people.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14456 on: May 20, 2013, 08:31:49 pm »

Use MFM on drunken farmers.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14457 on: May 20, 2013, 08:41:23 pm »

((Where is a witch hunter when you need him? Cowboys VS Alien Witches?
And I'm getting some flashbacks from DF adventure mode with modded abilities. Suddenly appear in a village and start burning and punching everything with your superpowers. ))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14458 on: May 20, 2013, 09:10:07 pm »

look at the various stores in the strip mall. what condition are they in? is there anything worth looting?
Feyri jogged up to Lyra, tapping her on the shoulder.

"I've got nothing about our past. But still, this is quite a nice place--the heat, the wind, the elements and the ruins. Strangely, I loved a scenario such as this back in childhood--you know, all those fantasy plays when we're bored and such..."

She turned to view the nearest building. "So...we're Prey, huh. I guess we should begin looting the area to arm up against any threats?"

Aid Lyra, loot the buildings or search for any useable items around if possible--search meaning: Check for basic-needs items

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14459 on: May 20, 2013, 10:51:25 pm »

Left.

Also try to make a broad game. Maybe Chess, maybe Risk, maybe Diplomacy, maybe Monopoly. If it's one of the last three or another game most fun with more than two people, see if I can make more people.
Hmm. I just got done with a logic class that was heavy into chess so I'm burnt out on that...How do you feel about Connect 4? Also that tic-tac-toe game reached the point of draw.

They're all in pretty much the same condition as the homes; rotten with age and weather rather then destroyed by violence. Their paint is badly faded and the stucco is crumbing off their facades. When it comes to lootables, there is what looks like some canned food over sitting in a pile on one of the shelves in a little convenience store, some clothing in a small shop and a smoke shop on the corner that holds who knows what.

"Well, that certainly sounds all fine and good. Are there any legends you've heard of people who've survived the HMRC? I imagine there would be a few, no?"

Keep on askin'.
"I suppose there are. Thing is that each ship is really its own world when it comes to the HMRC. Legends will vary. Plus most of them are legends of people dying. Heroically or otherwise. And the legends from outside the corps aren't very nice to us Corps'ers. If I remember right there was some anthropologist doing research about the legends that spring up in the HMRC. Heard about it last time we were at port. By now he's written his book. Or died of old age. Either way."

Use how? Come on, get creative.

Feyri jogged up to Lyra, tapping her on the shoulder.

"I've got nothing about our past. But still, this is quite a nice place--the heat, the wind, the elements and the ruins. Strangely, I loved a scenario such as this back in childhood--you know, all those fantasy plays when we're bored and such..."

She turned to view the nearest building. "So...we're Prey, huh. I guess we should begin looting the area to arm up against any threats?"

Aid Lyra, loot the buildings or search for any useable items around if possible--search meaning: Check for basic-needs items
Lyra isn't looting buildings yet. Do you want to loot on your own and if so, where? See Lyra's post for some more information about whats around.
Pages: 1 ... 962 963 [964] 965 966 ... 2101