_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 960 961 [962] 963 964 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5922019 times)

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Celebrating one year of Space Based Idiocy
« Reply #14415 on: May 15, 2013, 03:35:22 pm »

((Wanna specify how you check for traps? With your nose? The gods of Fun probably hate me by now.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14416 on: May 15, 2013, 04:43:05 pm »

((By my eyes so that Piecewise doesn't take that as a full action.

No, not literally using my eyes to check for traps, but to look for nearly concealed devices.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14417 on: May 15, 2013, 05:12:47 pm »

assuming I successfully climbed up, and there is no broken glass up top, then:

look around, unless the area isn't a ruined urban suburb, and as long as i dont see something dangerous, then turn back around and lie down next to the window, chest downwards, facing it and Feyri. extend my arms through the window and keep my arm muscles tensed.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14418 on: May 15, 2013, 06:23:40 pm »

Go to sleep.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14419 on: May 15, 2013, 08:42:28 pm »

"Okay, that's fine. Could I inject myself with it via the Mk suit? Since I'm exactly the best picture of mental health, I might as well prepare contingency measures if my condition deteriorates or if something takes over me."
"Sure..I suppose you could. But why not just use pain killers to knock yourself out?"

Stacy thinks for a moment, forming a Y with his body, then an M.

"Wait, so the crew do use tokens for buying resources? What do they get them for? Is it like a per-week payment or something else?"

Continue this conversation.
"Weekly Stipend."

"Oh dear. I know how this ends. Either I'm gonna get strapped to some wood and things are gonna get very hot or you're gonna burn me at the stake."
((Since the farmer isn't Thomas, I have to bet the second option is more likely.))
((He might also get tossed in a lake to see if he drowns. This has the benefit of him being dead and pardoned rather than dead and condemned.))

-----

"Eq...Equ...um...how does Equaterina sound? I think that's a name."

"Does it have anything to do with ponies?"

((He might also get tossed in a lake to see if he drowns. This has the benefit of him being dead and pardoned rather than dead and condemned.))
((May is currently female though if she pisses off the AM enough, Elizas' little accident may occur a second time with inversed results.))

Easier to dig a hole then make a pole.

((If I read PW's post right, I'm peaking out through the slightly open door, not the windows.))
"Doing good Lyra? What's up there?" Feyri said as she lowered her friend.
Continue looking outside.
"Ruins"
"Since the door's busy, think I can breach it? If not, I'll try hoisting you up that window, or we could pile stuff up before whatever Prey we are comes biting us back.

"Why are we in some kind of basement anyway."
Shrug after each question.
two seconds after Feyri finishes speaking, turn away from the opening and look at the windows, then at the floor below them. Is there broken glass on the inside, outside, or both sides of the windows?

Walk over to where the windows are, and place both of my hands against the wall at chest height. leaving my hands against the wall, turn slightly and look over my left shoulder at Feyri.

EDIT: ((i wanted to give Feyri a chance to react, but i also want to get this action in the next update, so...))

attempt to climb up and out the windows, then look around. avoid broken glass.
Feyri gives you a boost up to the window and you look outside. It's a backyard; or at least an empty lot. There's no grass out there, just a flat square of dusty earth fenced in by what was once a chain link fence, but now nothing but the steel fence posts remain, scattered intermittently about. Beyond the remains of the fence is a dry wash filled with dry brush.

"WOOOBAWOOBAWOO-"

Punch the farmer with the Kinetic Amplifier.

------

"Oh dear. I know how this ends. Either I'm gonna get strapped to some wood and things are gonna get very hot or you're gonna burn me at the stake."
((Since the farmer isn't Thomas, I have to bet the second option is more likely.))

((I don't know about that, weren't pale girls still considered sexy in the mid-19th century?))
You punch the farmer with the amp. He doesn't take it well and is reduced to a liquid state.

EDIT: ((i wanted to give Feyri a chance to react, but i also want to get this action in the next update, so...))
((In which Feyri's player goes off due to fatigue...Ugh :/

Also, yeah. I also noticed PW didn't do the windows in his description))

"So you're either feeling the wall and listening for any movement outside, or you need help to climb it to the windows, huh. I'll try getting the door, and stay safe OK?"

Ruins, hmm. Why would two people be stuck in ruins at a basement unless...they locked themselves in a basement?...That means for protection, but I don't remember getting in- riiiiight. Simulation start. Should've known those tricks.

That was smart.

Feyri aids Lyra in her action--if it came to climbing or getting to a higher area.

She then moves towards the door and examines it if it was locked on their side. If not, she checks for traps which could be activated if forcefully opened by examination.

Then breach it if found safe, and Lyra says nothing after a few minutes up there.

((I don't know about that, weren't pale girls still considered sexy in the mid-19th century?))
((I think May looks like an albino instead of simply pale and the farmer thinks she's a witch. Hard to assess her capacity to entice him.))
((Albino it is.))

The door, as Lyra's found, isn't locked but is blocked, and while there are no visible traps, it doesn't look like you can force it open very easily since a good deal of the roof as fallen on it. You think you could do it, but forcing it open like that could unbalance a lot of debris and cause a lot of noise.

Go to sleep.
You pass into blissful unconsciousness.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14420 on: May 15, 2013, 08:43:45 pm »

((I was thinking of Katerina, but...darn you!))

"Um...maybe? I dunno...wanna play Tic-Tac-Toe?"

Teach her Tic-Tac-Toe. Play Tic-Tac-Toe.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14421 on: May 15, 2013, 08:46:53 pm »

((PW: broken glass? which side is it on? i want to know what direction the window was broken from, inside or outside. or if the glass has been removed, that's good information too.))

turn back around and lie down next to the window, chest downwards, facing it and Feyri. extend my arms through the window and downwards. keep my arm muscles tensed.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 08:54:22 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14422 on: May 15, 2013, 08:48:15 pm »

Find horse in barn. Ride horse out of barn. Ride off whilst burning the barn down with the MFM.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14423 on: May 16, 2013, 12:24:07 am »

Stacy mimics a C, then an A.

"A weekly stipend, eh? Sweet. Is it like in missions for us where you can get extra tokens for doing a really bang-up job with a particularly broken machine or an incredibly dirty floor, or do you get the same amount regardless of what you do generally, saving bonuses for extraordinary acts of heroism? Also, what can the crew spend it on? I doubt they need impressive weaponry and confidence boosters like we do, and I suppose booze, drugs and videos are kinda free. What else? Coagulants? Batteries for manipulators? What?"

Ask more.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14424 on: May 16, 2013, 05:24:03 am »

"That was my first idea but I decided against it due to the risk of pain-killer addiction."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14425 on: May 16, 2013, 08:01:44 am »

"Door's barred, and from the looks of it, we should be as quiet as possible."

Feyri looked back up to Lyra after surveying the room, quickly taking in and factoring if she could carry her up.

Meh, why not. Wonder if anything's changed in the VR...

Accept Lyra's offer and...get up there!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14426 on: May 16, 2013, 11:11:53 am »

help Feyri climb up

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14427 on: May 16, 2013, 11:50:42 am »

((I was thinking of Katerina, but...darn you!))

"Um...maybe? I dunno...wanna play Tic-Tac-Toe?"

Teach her Tic-Tac-Toe. Play Tic-Tac-Toe.

"sure. I know that one."

__|  |__
  __|X|__
     |  |

((PW: broken glass? which side is it on? i want to know what direction the window was broken from, inside or outside. or if the glass has been removed, that's good information too.))

turn back around and lie down next to the window, chest downwards, facing it and Feyri. extend my arms through the window and downwards. keep my arm muscles tensed.
There isn't much glass, and the glass that there is is pretty evenly  spread around. Judging from that and the state of the window frame, it seems like the glass was probably broken quite a long time ago, by the pressure of the window frame sagging as the house collapsed.

Find horse in barn. Ride horse out of barn. Ride off whilst burning the barn down with the MFM.
You look in the barn for a horse, but the best you can find is a mule. Hmm..not nearly as majestic. Though jesus rode a mule, didn't he?

God complex or desire to be fabulous. Which is more powerful?

Stacy mimics a C, then an A.

"A weekly stipend, eh? Sweet. Is it like in missions for us where you can get extra tokens for doing a really bang-up job with a particularly broken machine or an incredibly dirty floor, or do you get the same amount regardless of what you do generally, saving bonuses for extraordinary acts of heroism? Also, what can the crew spend it on? I doubt they need impressive weaponry and confidence boosters like we do, and I suppose booze, drugs and videos are kinda free. What else? Coagulants? Batteries for manipulators? What?"

Ask more.
"The stipend is really more food and entertainment. It's not like the crew has much of a use for weapons an ammo. For the most part we're just given a comfortable life just for joining."

"That was my first idea but I decided against it due to the risk of pain-killer addiction."
"I suppose a correct dose of anesthetic would work better then just pain killers. Also you wouldn't have to, you know, paralyze yourself with empathic pain. "

"Door's barred, and from the looks of it, we should be as quiet as possible."

Feyri looked back up to Lyra after surveying the room, quickly taking in and factoring if she could carry her up.

Meh, why not. Wonder if anything's changed in the VR...

Accept Lyra's offer and...get up there!
You crawl out of the window and into the backyard. It's still quiet out here, beyond the faint rustling of dead grass and the rumble of distant thunder.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14428 on: May 16, 2013, 12:12:28 pm »

Stacy gently spins around as he asks his next questions.

"Comfortable life, you say? Sounds pretty great and all, being on an eternal cruise through the stars and all. If by some strange coincidence I happen to survive this, I might look into this whole joining thing, if possible. Is it possible? Do you know anyone who's done that?"

Ask.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14429 on: May 16, 2013, 12:15:58 pm »

"Alright, I've a metal pipe here and a trustworthy friend. Nothing can go wrong."

Feyri inspects the surrounding area on how it looks like, as well as any presence of organic creatures? Examine self and Lyra under the sunlight.

"Any plan, Lyra? I suppose we should find a better shelter--dunno how we got there in the first place but...bluh. I don't like this place.

"Too many ruins."
Pages: 1 ... 960 961 [962] 963 964 ... 2101