_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 924 925 [926] 927 928 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5924501 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Celebrating one year of Space Based Idiocy
« Reply #13875 on: April 07, 2013, 08:07:14 pm »

((LCS, a Wayback machine in the works, May stripping in front of Feyri and Grate, general chaos, etc))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #13876 on: April 07, 2013, 08:19:47 pm »

((LCS, a Wayback machine in the works, May stripping in front of Feyri and Grate, general chaos, etc))
((And a text adventure game!))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13877 on: April 07, 2013, 08:25:19 pm »

((LCS))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #13878 on: April 07, 2013, 09:54:30 pm »

((LCS))
(Me discussing with Steve whether to try to kill everyone onboard.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13879 on: April 08, 2013, 01:10:39 am »

Feyri picked up the clothes the AM gave her as well as the locket and turned to Lyra, still holding her shield up. "I'll see you in the Quarters if you've got time - where all the beds are and such," she glanced at May before returning her gaze at Lyra, "Hopefully soon..."

Also, return reply.
Quote from: Feyri Nirel = Armory Master
I...guess so? Who's Victor?

Just something that any person could put on; not having their body being changed in anyway, or such. Just for speech.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13880 on: April 08, 2013, 02:50:42 am »

Make eye contact with Feyri for two seconds, then walk, quickly, out of the room.
go to the rec room, get myself into one of the VR machines and start up tinker

tinker objective: Blue (the mentally controlled fireball i had in the hallucination with Maurice). message the AM and/or Steve for help if i get stuck while designing. attempt to keep it within a 5-token price range. Don't be picky about the color, although blue is preferred.

((although i think i could accomplish this via a microwave amp, keeping the fireball around would probably require rolls every single turn, and i don't feel suicidal. I'm hoping to design a more specialized device that will let me realistically keep the fireball around wherever i go.))

((I figure it's simpler to say what my (Lyra) end-goal is rather than to go on and on with engineering details. especially since I (Lenglon) don't want to sit around in tinker all day.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13881 on: April 08, 2013, 03:01:52 am »

((Simpler for whom? For you, or for GM who will have to figure out how to fit it into the game systems? You can try to use intuition for how to make it, or you can ask AM and Steve, but neither will do all the work for you. The point of tinker is to assemble things, not give an end goal.

So I am pretty confident that Piecewise will not magically give you the design. And I can't blame him, as I myself have no idea how this will work. What will be holding it up? What will be powering it? What is the purpose of the ball? What vulnerabilities does it have? What will it consist off? You have to make your invention work.

So unless you want to lose your a turn, I would recommend changing your action. Oh, and if you want to accomplish something in tinker, you have to sit around in it all day. Just warning you.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13882 on: April 08, 2013, 05:01:59 am »

"So why does your employer want you to say cryptic things to Bishop?"
Charles goes to the infirmary and searches for the Doctor.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13883 on: April 08, 2013, 11:14:14 am »

"Oh. Really? Why is that? Seems like a useful thing that everyone should do. Why would anyone ever not want to know about it?"

Ask.

"You know what? Why don't you go try doing it. Just pry one of them open and give it a try."

"Why isn't this as easy as it is in movies?"

Locate some kind of art program* and make a picture of everyone I've met at the HMCR thingy, as accurate as I can. Put Mr. Jim and Miss Feyri in the middle.
You go into mircosoft paint, 6000 edition, and doodle up an adorable childlike rendition of everyone you've meet on board with Jim and Feyri standing in the center.

It's fit for proud display on the fridge.

Join Battle of Hastings as a neutral party. Watch the initial skirmish.
The initial battle seems to go well. Napoleon's genetically engineered monkey army is holding it's own against Mario the Third's Fungus warriors and Dinosaur Calvary.

Well, you have the highest charisma, and since I was going for a charismatic leader, it made sense.
((I shall beat ye yet! Eventually...

Also, good run with the Liberal Crime Squad. Now you have to start a new group and try again. :P))

Haunt Empiricist with my witchery.

You run over to the VR machine and just keep going "WOOOOOOOOO!  WOOOOOOOO!!!"

((Sorry about my sudden disappearance, life caught up to me for a while but I should be stable now.))
"No not fags, cigarets, nicotine sticks that kind of thing. Thanks for the approximation as well, higher than normal for me, usually it's a two, see you later.""
Smoke, load up the text adventure on the V.R.
She gives you a pack of normal cigarettes and you head to the VR machine and load up "CAPTAIN TINBEARD'S SPACE MARINER ADVENTURE!"

It asks you to choose a name and starting item between
Xenoparrot
Laser cutlass
Flint lock plasma pistol
tachyon in a jar.

Feyri picked up the clothes the AM gave her as well as the locket and turned to Lyra, still holding her shield up. "I'll see you in the Quarters if you've got time - where all the beds are and such," she glanced at May before returning her gaze at Lyra, "Hopefully soon..."

Also, return reply.
Quote from: Feyri Nirel = Armory Master
I...guess so? Who's Victor?

Just something that any person could put on; not having their body being changed in anyway, or such. Just for speech.
You pick up the stuff I had already assumed you picked up.

He's the cockroach man living in the vents.

Make eye contact with Feyri for two seconds, then walk, quickly, out of the room.
go to the rec room, get myself into one of the VR machines and start up tinker

tinker objective: Blue (the mentally controlled fireball i had in the hallucination with Maurice). message the AM and/or Steve for help if i get stuck while designing. attempt to keep it within a 5-token price range. Don't be picky about the color, although blue is preferred.

((although i think i could accomplish this via a microwave amp, keeping the fireball around would probably require rolls every single turn, and i don't feel suicidal. I'm hoping to design a more specialized device that will let me realistically keep the fireball around wherever i go.))

((I figure it's simpler to say what my (Lyra) end-goal is rather than to go on and on with engineering details. especially since I (Lenglon) don't want to sit around in tinker all day.))

Well...You kinda need to tell me how you want to go about this. I mean, as I see it there are a few options:

You can just have a robot drone that has fire around it; fake or real.

You could buy an automated manipulator that just constantly projects a fireball, although it would need more batteries eventually.

I dunno..keeping a floating fireball around is gonna be kinda hard.

"So why does your employer want you to say cryptic things to Bishop?"
Charles goes to the infirmary and searches for the Doctor.

"I dunno. Kicks?"

The Doctor doesn't seem to be around. Hm.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13884 on: April 08, 2013, 11:24:26 am »

((I can say I feel for the sheep. Having a Capra Demon as his wife must be really tough, especially if a discussion breaks out.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13885 on: April 08, 2013, 11:25:31 am »

"Ah, but herein lies the problem. If I just open it up and mess with it willy-nilly, who knows what might happen. It's space magic, after all. It's just that it seems to have a battery slot, so it shouldn't be that difficult to hook the generator up, just uncomplicated electrical wiring and such. Not to mention the fact that this very ship probably doesn't run on batteries, but rather on generated power. If I were to do it, I was wondering if there were some things that I should never, ever touch or mess with. You know, to prevent wild space magic from destroying me and the vicinity of myself. Some pointers that I could use. You just seem like the sort to know these things."

Converse.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13886 on: April 08, 2013, 11:29:59 am »

((It's the laser rifle. Just to test how accurate Thomas can be, against people who don't know what they're being shot by.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13887 on: April 08, 2013, 11:59:27 am »

(( >.> fair enough, it may be easier to be in character at 3 in the morning but that doesn't mean i'm at my smartest. time for your standard-issue tinker post))

ok, plan 1) try to just take a microwave amp and modify it, when this raises red flags message the AM and Steve

Quote from: Lyra to AM and Steve
How can I make a microwave amp have continuous output without killing the user?

if i get useful advice, follow it. if not, next plan.

plan 2) automanip wired to accept input for position (forbid positioning it where it touches the user), size (with limits on the max size), and (if possible) color, from standard prosthetic inputs. attempt to add a input port to the automanip so that it can be hooked up to a small generator for periodic recharging. attempt to add a battery life display to the automanip. if the automanip cannot be rigged up for recharging then attempt to configure the design for easy battery replacement.

message the Doctor to ask for help with this design, attaching a copy of the work i've performed to the message.

((no, Lyra doesn't know how bad an idea this is))

Quote from: Lyra to Doctor
How should I configure prosthetic controls for this design? Is there a form of training control already designed to teach the user how to handle this new "limb" with something less lethal than a fireball?

if this doesn't work or is impratically priced, on to plan 3.

plan 3)

break the task down into subtasks and attempt to solve each problem individually.

subtask 1: generation of fireball

potental inital sources of the fireball: electric sparker, microwave amp, microwave manip, automanip, CLF3 (i'm pretty sure all of these will work, just use whichever is needed for compatability with later tasks, if several are compatible, use the one that is least likely to kill the user.

subtask 2: maintaining fireball

amp, manip, automanip, seem like the three most viable options. a robot would melt itself if surrounded by real fire, have scout eye maneuvering problems, and probably be to expensive to be viable if armored enough to avoid the above two issues.

subtask 3: controlling fireball

input from standard prosthetic systems seems likely, if nothing else the Doctor has shown that he is very used to adding additional limbs to people and would know how to configure input for something like this. if not viable for some reason then my best bets seem to be either a microwave amp or vector amp, depending on the other systems.

attempt to find viable methods for each of the above subtasks and then attempt to find a compatible combination of the above. if several options are available attempt to minimize price and risk to the user. if this is going to be in continuous use then it needs to not kill me every 3rd turn.

if none of the above ideas boil down to something usefull message Nyars with my failed designs attached, noted with why they will not work:

Quote from: Lyra to Nyars
Do you have a device that would perform similarly to these failed design's intentions?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 12:11:49 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13888 on: April 08, 2013, 02:04:40 pm »

Start using the Microwave Amp on both armies.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13889 on: April 08, 2013, 03:25:23 pm »

Excellent. Now for Phase II!

Save if I haven't yet.
Attempt to print a few copies of the picture. If successful, attempt to locate the printer, with help from adults if needed. If successful, retrieve the copies of the picture.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 924 925 [926] 927 928 ... 2101