_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 918 919 [920] 921 922 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5928824 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Celebrating one year of Space Based Idiocy
« Reply #13785 on: April 03, 2013, 02:01:56 pm »

((Someone should make a rapid fire Fision instigator/charge launcher/LESO rifle (Spelt right?))
((Now this is enough dakka.))

((Better yet, make a hybrid of all three.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13786 on: April 03, 2013, 02:07:57 pm »

((Just get as many as you can, link them together with a chain, and make a machine to fire them in sequence, ejecting the spent one and loading the next. Fusion Instigator Belt-Fed Machinegun!

As for the Way Back Machine and the computer's inability to know things outside of mission parameters. Well, for most missions there were already some initial scans and maps of the area. For others, the area was at least explored enough to reconstruct the surroundings from helmetcam footage. Some missions, like the darkness dimension, would probably be impossible to recreate. And the sharkmist caverns weren't explored enough. But all other missions have generic enough, or well-understood enough areas and enemies that the computer can extrapolate the surroundings from what was known, and from what data it has. And like I said, the missions won't necessarily be perfect recreations (because in a meta sense, that'd be boring) - the computer would fudge what it can here and there, creating missions that have the same premise, and maybe the same situations, but are sufficiently different that playing though them is interesting. This is supplemented by the incomplete data - the computer "makes up" what it doesn't know, providing variety. I'm sure you don't need me to provide you with ways to alter the missions to screw with the players' expectations. ;) ))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13787 on: April 03, 2013, 02:11:43 pm »

((Yay for randomized data for unexplored areas! Lets create the ultimate weapons platform. Also lets create a Laser cannon or something.))
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 02:15:17 pm by Tavik Toth »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13788 on: April 03, 2013, 02:24:47 pm »

((Let's review, then, and the Toaster totally-not-arbitrary rating of ability to recreate.

Mission 1 [Crystal Alien Ark]:  The internal structure was mostly mapped, IIRC.  All it needs is AI for the other teams and the roving bots.  Rating: A

Mission 2 [Erik and Friends]:  Hmm... I think there's enough data to recreate what is going on with the illusions, or at least to make logical leaps there.  IIRC the temple itself wasn't fully explored, plus there were zero attempts to negotiate with Erik, so it's unclear what his motives were.  Rating: B

Mission 3 [Aliens in my Ear]:  Other than what would have happened if someone tried to enter the pool, I think this one's pretty much gold. Rating: A

Mission 4 [Damn Dams]:  Despite the Dungeon Bypass executed here, the potential for randomization of the resistance faced actually makes this probably the best of the bunch for reproduction, given the high quality map data we had going in.  Rating: A+

Mission 5 [Serial Killer Spring Break]:  While randomizing the placement of the killer makes things interesting, the unexplored town itself and the zero insight to his motives makes this one tricky.  Rating: C

Mission 6 [The Long Dark]:  There's a whole lot of factors here that are totally unknown: the Lost Citadel environs, how a lot of things would have interacted, the Wyrm and Lighteaters... yeah, no.  Rating: D

Mission 7 [Roboland]:  While there was a lot unexplored, the fact that the team pretty much completely beat this mission and got back all the data may make this one possible.  Provisional based on how much the recovered data can make its way to VR.  Rating: B+ or C-, depending.

Mission 8 [Sharkmist Attack!]:  We were pretty thorough in exploring this one.  The only question mark is what was down the final tunnel.  The size of the team required may hinder this one, though.  Rating: B

Conclusion:  Totally feasible.  Even just the simulation of Mission Four would be a great training ground.  You could even simulate just one half of the mission and let AI handle the other half.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13789 on: April 03, 2013, 03:31:42 pm »

(( BDay vote: Wayback machine, randomly generate content the computer couldn't see, or that it seems necessary to randomize to keep the missions non-trivial.
Egg Hunt, Tiriun swayed me. ))

continue hiding behind Feyri
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 03:02:36 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13790 on: April 03, 2013, 04:07:25 pm »

May ignores Feyri's request to get dressed.

"Hey Armory Master, can I have a Katana?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13791 on: April 03, 2013, 04:16:26 pm »

((If it's not too much work, the Wayback sounds like tons of fun.))

Start the game, I guess.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13792 on: April 03, 2013, 04:27:28 pm »

Feyri sighed as her eyes followed Grate out the Armory, then back at May...who was still in her birthday suit, when she began hefting the pile of clothes.

...Which was then thrown to the side in a comical fashion as the momentum and swiftness of a very familiar face rushed by and spun her 'round until said figure was right behind her, clinging. The surprise was enough to catch her off guard. Granted, she was glad that she was only holding her shield up at the time and not the sword.

"W-hey! Whats the-...Oh, Lyra? What's gotten into you there? Is it the drug dealer? Protection racketeering? The threat of honey and mustard flavored painkillers?" she said teasingly. The last one was sincere though...those things were horrible, despite the flavor.

"You...worried much? Just nod if its a yes."

As she spoke, her hands drifted over and along the wristpad. Having been acquainted with the keys and their placement long before. Sending a message to Steve.

Spoiler: Message to Steve (click to show/hide)

((I'd say we do the Easter Egg Hunt instead. This gets us more acquainted with our dear Sword, and if we do the VR trip, it may be fuddled with all the people playing it. All. The. People. Playing. It.

On another note, I'm also supporting Caellath's +1 Token idea :P [A free level-up wouldn't hurt instead ;D]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13793 on: April 03, 2013, 06:00:49 pm »

Feyri sighed as her eyes followed Grate out the Armory, then back at May...who was still in her birthday suit, when she began hefting the pile of clothes.

...Which was then thrown to the side in a comical fashion as the momentum and swiftness of a very familiar face rushed by and spun her 'round until said figure was right behind her, clinging. The surprise was enough to catch her off guard. Granted, she was glad that she was only holding her shield up at the time and not the sword.

"W-hey! Whats the-...Oh, Lyra? What's gotten into you there? Is it the drug dealer? Protection racketeering? The threat of honey and mustard flavored painkillers?" she said teasingly. The last one was sincere though...those things were horrible, despite the flavor.

"You...worried much? Just nod if its a yes."
Look up at Feyri, make eye contact, hold eye contact for two seconds, then nod once.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13794 on: April 03, 2013, 06:52:37 pm »

((Actually, now that Fight club might potentially give ability points and perhaps that it might be a way to meet with convicts from other units on this ship (or maybe even regular crew people) it sounds much more promising (more even and unexpected matches). Conversely, Wheel of Fate seems but a pale imitation of Nyars Deadly Artifact Roulette.
Vote: Fight Club, Wayback Machine , or Easter Egg Hunt.

Just, please, don't put any easter eggs inside the VR machines themselves. Or any machines, for that matter. Otherwise it'd get so bloody that Steve would have to vent the quarters. :P ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13795 on: April 03, 2013, 08:39:55 pm »

((Perhaps a limitation on the Wayback- it could only run one mission at once.  New participants fill in for AI squadmates when they join.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13796 on: April 03, 2013, 09:10:46 pm »

((Perhaps a limitation on the Wayback- it could only run one mission at once.  New participants fill in for AI squadmates when they join.))
((Sounds acceptable.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #13797 on: April 03, 2013, 09:14:02 pm »

((Sounds acceptable.))
+1
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13798 on: April 03, 2013, 09:23:36 pm »

((I'll throw my vote in for Fight Club, then. It'd be the ideal way for people stuck on ship to do something productive and dangerous instead of just being VR addicts or harassing the AM.))

Go to VR, examine cellular or microscopic structure of synthflesh.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13799 on: April 03, 2013, 09:31:15 pm »

((Ginko is the coolest son of a bitch around. I'd relish a Mushi-Shi game (not necessarily on this forum) where you are Ginko, but I just don't know how that would work, or if there is a single group of sentient beings on any plane of existence talented enough to make it without fucking it up royally.))
Eat her.
Pages: 1 ... 918 919 [920] 921 922 ... 2101