_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 896 897 [898] 899 900 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5929977 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Off Broadway
« Reply #13455 on: March 20, 2013, 02:53:32 pm »

"Thank you, Miss Feyri!"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Off Broadway
« Reply #13456 on: March 20, 2013, 03:16:51 pm »

Consult the AM about ingredients for making a nice dinner.
Say, we don't happen to have any cooking spices around do we? I've been looking to try something a bit more..volatile. You know, give the meal some character. Not like the slop we normally have.
"Here" she hands you a little silver salt shaker sorta thing, although it's holes are bigger. "Don't use too much."

Phase Two of Plan.

May walks to the Armory Master. "Do you have any strapons? Or at least some rope, glue and a large phallic shaped object?"

Inquire.

"...why?"

"Yes. Your answer?"

Ask.
She shrugs.
"Names aren't important."

((Thanks piece, it's just that this is a deadens for Bruce, also my new character is quite interesting, especially if you've read my recent post in the sad thread.))
Bruce: go down fighting.
You swing like a champ but Renen is too fast. You land a few punches but he gets you pinned. The Doctor moves in and you feel the familiar sting of a needle in your neck.

"Don't worry, soon you'll grow to love the pain."

(You are no longer in control off bruce. Feel free to create your own character.)

look around the barracks, what items are there? what are the sleeping arrangements? is there any furniture?

also, what are the floors on the sword like? how loud are they to walk on? do any of the rooms have different flooring?

what are the walls/ceilings made out of? what color are they?

are there any books laying around? if i find one, pick it up, go to my bed (if mine isn't labeled, just pick an unoccupied one) lie down, and start reading.

if i dont find any, use my wrist comp to look up any information i can find on the Sword, laser rifles, the HMRC suits, and amps.

The barracks is filled with dozens of bunks, each attached to the all, a bathroom and little else.

The walls and ceilings here are the same as they are everywhere else; clean but dull, bare, gray metal. You can't tell what kind.

No books that you can see laying around in the open, in fact books are quite rare these days, digital media has replaced them in most places.

Your wristpad has no internet connection, so looking stuff up on it is a bit hard. You suppose you could ask steve or send messages to the AM for info though.

((I was wrong. ER isn't just a (weird) date sim. It's also a cooking sim.))
Cooking Mama on Hardcore difficulty.

Phase Two of Plan.

May walks to the Armory Master. "Do you have any strapons? Or at least some rope, glue and a large phallic shaped object?"

((what.))

Celeste turns towards the AM. "Um, excuse me... How does the VR work?"

Inquire.
"You get in the machine, put on the goggles and the gloves, and select something. It's pretty self explanatory, just try it out for a bit."

"Oh. I... see. Hrm."
Jobasio was rather confused by the Armory Master's answer, but then the Armory Master was a rather confusing kinda gal. After casting a glance about the crowd outside the kiosk, he spoke again:
"So, whilst I'm here, I was wondering about the size differences between gauss, laser and rocket rifles? Specifically the width of them. I was thinking of designing something, you see, and I was wondering if they would all fit into the same-sized slot, or if I would need to create a different model for each."

>Ask (perfectly innocent) question.

>Whilst doing so, glance around and inspect the Armory crowd.
"The gauss and laser rifles are about the same size, but the rocket rifle is larger."

The crowd around here seems to be pretty large. There's some new girl, a few old faces, a little kid and a feyri.

((When did Bruce get free of the hog tie, isn't he lying on the floor?))

If this wasn't for you to hear, we wouldn't have talked about it in front of you.

Could you put a weaker version of Faith's power in him? Like a test subject.

Subdue Bruce. Take him where Doc wants. If he tries to move, just punch him.

((@Anaileater: Your new character will have to wait. Bruce is almost immortal, remember?))

((@PW: You missed my action.))
I actually just kinda skipped it since bruce's suicide was pretty much voluntary at this point.

"Is there an amp that let's me get that info inconspicuously?"

"Well, there's the two biochemical manipulation amps. They would let you read minds and manipulate thoughts."

"Feedback events. You know about those, right?"
"Vaguely. Something about pushing yourself too hard?"

More amptalk.
"Or when you critically fail with an amp. In either case, it can have very bad effects on you or the people around you. So I suggest being careful about that. "

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Cooking Mama: Hardcore addition
« Reply #13457 on: March 20, 2013, 03:26:19 pm »

"They obviously have some value, at least to you. If you didn't think they have any value, why would you refuse to give yours out like, say, a packet of 'I-Didn't-Die-Today-In-Space-Super-Apple-Blast' drink mix? I don't believe my name is terribly important or valuable, so I give it freely. I just extend a hand and say 'Hi, my name is Stacy Buttle, what's yours?' And my name is actually somewhat embarrassing, so any misgivings on my part may be forgiven. Is your name embarrassing as well, or just so plain and ordinary that you feel it doesn't actually describe you?"

Sustain questioning.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13458 on: March 20, 2013, 03:51:25 pm »

"I could use a strapon for riot control and situational diffusion."

Inform Armory Master on objective usage of item.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13459 on: March 20, 2013, 04:38:35 pm »

((That's quite an interesting riot you have in mind.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13460 on: March 20, 2013, 04:39:16 pm »

"Hey Grate, while my datapad is loading with all that information, what do you want to do? I'm up for anything, if you'd like." Feyri said, gesturing nonchalantly as she typed.

(@GWG: I'll be PM'ing or putting the mission summaries in a spoiler for you, ok?)

"I'll just ask the Armory Master one last thing."

Inquire if it is possible to make the MKIII suit energized - meaning having it run on an internal energy source which would act as a kinetic absorber, dulling any blows against it [and hopefully insulating the suit...]

If not practical, ask what can insulate the MKIII suit and the reasonable costs. Insulate meaning: Render your own tesla sabre mistakes/strikes against you to be trivial.

Edit: (Huh, nice new turn title, finally something I've played :D)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 04:50:59 pm by Tiruin »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13461 on: March 20, 2013, 04:42:50 pm »

"Well, is that any different or worse than the critical screwups you can get with a manipulator?"

Amps.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13462 on: March 20, 2013, 04:50:58 pm »

Wait for Ms. Feyri.

"I was going to look at the mission summaries and see if there was something that would have made the missions end good. Then I was going to use the Tinker game on the VR machine to make it. Do you play the Tinker game? What's your favorite game on the VR? What's something you want? Is there something you designed that you really, really liked? What was your favorite mission? Why was it your favorite? Do you have a least favorite mission? Did you ever die? That's a silly question, of course not."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13463 on: March 20, 2013, 05:07:53 pm »

"I was going to look at the mission summaries and see if there was something that would have made the missions end good. Then I was going to use the Tinker game on the VR machine to make it. Do you play the Tinker game? What's your favorite game on the VR? What's something you want? Is there something you designed that you really, really liked? What was your favorite mission? Why was it your favorite? Do you have a least favorite mission? Did you ever die? That's a silly question, of course not."
Feyri hummed as she thought.

"Well, in any mission, the success if based mainly on how the gadgets are used. I'll add that in to my summarization now that I know what to pinpoint, thanks. Also, I haven't played much in the VR...other than try out its Realism input, really throws you into a realistic reality, excuse my wording, and...really. That one thing is the best for me, only if you're not that afraid of needles inserted into your suit sockets."

She tapped the hilt of her sword. "What I want is something utilizing solar power in an efficient way - like ranged weaponry. All my ideas have been shot down though, so there's my guess. My favorite mission was my second - the third from the first, actually - nobody died on that mission and nothing, I guess, was permanently harmed. We'll get to that later. Least favorite? When I died, and my first mission - genocide and death of allies.

"And...yeah. I guess I did die, err, if you mean lost all conscience during a mission."
Feyri traced her right by pointing from the side. "When we say death, it means that" great how do I say this... -erm, that we're rendered incapacitated. What I just pointed to is which parts of me were affected - shock and voltage, to tell you. Not much of a problem. Ok, very much of a problem, but to me anyway,

"Anyway, how are you, little one? Anything else you'd like to know?"

((Sorry for the wait btw..))

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #13464 on: March 20, 2013, 05:14:18 pm »

((Peice was there any way for me to win then?))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13465 on: March 20, 2013, 05:15:52 pm »

(I think that's the second time I've been part of the title. I think the other one was Arts and Crafts or something)
Pour a single grain of whatever is inside the shaker into my hand. Examine it. Place it back inside and ask the AM if we actually have a kitchen. Go to kitchen and/or find meat and bread.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 05:18:11 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13466 on: March 20, 2013, 05:27:34 pm »

((Define "win" and "then."))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13467 on: March 20, 2013, 05:46:59 pm »

[color=goldenrod ]"Ooh, what does that Realism thing do? And what do you mean, needles in my suit sockets? Did dying hurt? Did you see God? Which one? Were there angels? What kind? Are you sure you died? Was it sleep paralyzes?"[/color]
Sig

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #13468 on: March 20, 2013, 05:54:51 pm »

((Define "win" and "then."))
((Die on own terms/Stop being immortal after becoming immortal.))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13469 on: March 20, 2013, 07:35:59 pm »

((Probably if you had feigned cooperation then spaced yourself when you got a chance.  Or perhaps attempted to attack the AM, or more accurately someone else in front of the AM.  Though perhaps she wouldn't break one of the Doc's toys.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 896 897 [898] 899 900 ... 2101