_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 856 857 [858] 859 860 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5922363 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Off Broadway
« Reply #12855 on: March 04, 2013, 09:47:43 pm »

(( -snip- Can't remember a great deal more of the dream, but I can remember seeing Piecewise at one point, with a manic expression, a pipe clenched in his teeth as he worked feverishly on the next turn. I believe he was also cackling madly.

Believe it or not, this was far more coherent and sensible than most of the dreams I have. :P))
((I'm not sure to take the vision of Piecewise as a sign about the upcoming mission or not.

And as for it being sensible, that does seem pretty sensible for a dream, seeing as how it had a coherent theme and small, constant details.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12856 on: March 04, 2013, 10:16:34 pm »

((A lucid dream, perhaps? Those are usually better for remembering coherent stuff.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12857 on: March 04, 2013, 10:19:07 pm »

((Faith lost her sexy body? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO))

Renen keeps waiting.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #12858 on: March 05, 2013, 12:16:10 am »

(@Tir: The post Paris linked to was your action of Feyri licking Jim's face during a spar to confuse him. Which worked quite successfully. :P)
(That was all Caellath's fault XP)
Conversation

((Also, I love how PW picked out another hidden side to my biography...Philosophy O_o

He's telepathic I tell you.

@Irony! You messed up my stats))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12859 on: March 05, 2013, 12:30:19 am »

(You're the one who approved doing the face-lick in the end, so, it's still on you. :3c)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #12860 on: March 05, 2013, 01:12:44 am »

((Like I said, regretting it... :/))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Last one chosen for kickball.
« Reply #12861 on: March 05, 2013, 03:04:29 am »

((PW, did you get this?))

Level Up

Dex + 5
Con + 3

Wait untill briefing begins
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12862 on: March 05, 2013, 03:26:11 am »

(Irony, what do the strikethroughs and red missions in the chart indicate? Just curious, since if you've explained it before I've forgotten. And what exactly are the stats? At least for Jim, so I can keep up with them on my own from now on so I can stop bugging Piecewise. ^^^;)
((Thanks and yeah, was going to include a key, but was in a bit of a hurry and got discouraged when I realized everything had different scales depending on the everything else.

The stubby blue bars represent enough points for +0. So that's three for stats, 1 for skills.

The slightly less stubby green blocks represent 1/3 of a +1. That's five for stats, 3 for skills.

As might be expected, the tall green bars represent full +1 bonuses.

Red bars represent the opposite of green bars. In most cases this means they're tall -1 penalties for having zero points in a skill or stat.

The striped bars represent class bonuses (and penalties).

The partial bars atop the full ones represent points above the current bonus but below the next one. Penalties function the same, only points are inside rather than atop them. The size of the bars implies the number of points needed to attain the next level; 4 in a stat looks the same as 3 in a skill, for instance, because in each case you need one more point to complete the row, as it were, and attain the next level.

As an example, check out Roger Irvins, about midway down the Medic line. He's got 4 Str and Dex, so they're represented by neutral little three bars with an extra long bar on top; one more and he'll graduate to his next +1/3. His End and Will are 6, on the other hand, so he's got a green block for that +1/3, plus a tiny little green block atop that to represent his one point out of five towards the next +1/3. Finally, his Int is a mere 2, so he's got that tall red bar for his -1 penalty, but then two long bars inside it representing his two points and implying that he's just one point to his next bonus, which in this case would be a +0 blue bar.

Moving over to skills, same exact deal, different scale. Because each three points is a +1/3 bonus rather than the 5 of higher stats, all bars are long ones, because all bonuses are only ever 3 points away.))

(( Just woke up, at midday, and I had this bizarre dream. It was a forum game/RTD run by Piecewise))
((Awesome. And yes, I can imagine that being one of your more coherent dreams, seeing as it made enough sense to describe.))

Renen keeps waiting.
((You could always chip in to the Pointless Regeneration Of Weak Flesh Fund. :P

...am now imagining a conservation commercial on the plight of the critically endangered Molestable. Every day, perverts aboard elaborate death row planetkiller ships are forced to not grope anything because everyone attractive is dead or now a cold mechanized shell. But with your donation of only a few tokens, we can bring back this vibrant world from the brink of unmolestability.))

@Irony! You messed up my stats))
((Hrm, I seem to have read one of your Unc levelups as Con.))

((Uh oh. Feyri's now the most attractive active (unambiguous) female left, isn't she? :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12863 on: March 05, 2013, 03:32:16 am »

((Irony, here's a question about your graphs. Why can't the red bars actually point down? I mean, it's good to be able to differentiate between them just by color, but why can't the negatives point down from the center line, while the positives point up?))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12864 on: March 05, 2013, 03:38:17 am »

((Irony, here's a question about your graphs. Why can't the red bars actually point down? I mean, it's good to be able to differentiate between them just by color, but why can't the negatives point down from the center line, while the positives point up?))
((Mainly because then they'd either have to overlap/be overlapped by the text, or each graph would have to be perched two full bars above its labels to account for any possible penalties. Even if I squished them down you'd need four blocks minimum (3 for a class -1, a fourth for having zero points) and would lose the scale.))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12865 on: March 05, 2013, 03:40:31 am »

((Uh oh. Feyri's now the most attractive active (unambiguous) female left, isn't she? :P))

(Hahaha... Jim's going to have to start murdering isn't he. :C)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12866 on: March 05, 2013, 03:41:59 am »

((You could always chip in to the Pointless Regeneration Of Weak Flesh Fund. :P))
((Speaking of said fund, I don't think PW ever answered your question on how much it costs and what it entails. If the Doctor's manipulations were gene manipulation rather than surgery, restoring your body should restore it along with the upgrades - which would be quite useful long-term. Just... get a super-immune-system or something. :) And some decent armor won't hurt. Or just paint a large red cross across the front of your miner's suit, and pretend to be a Terran Medic. :P))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12867 on: March 05, 2013, 03:50:51 am »

((You could always chip in to the Pointless Regeneration Of Weak Flesh Fund. :P))
((Speaking of said fund, I don't think PW ever answered your question on how much it costs and what it entails. If the Doctor's manipulations were gene manipulation rather than surgery, restoring your body should restore it along with the upgrades - which would be quite useful long-term. Just... get a super-immune-system or something. :) And some decent armor won't hurt. Or just paint a large red cross across the front of your miner's suit, and pretend to be a Terran Medic. :P))
((Yeah, I forgot to include it on the bolded list so presumably PW missed it also. I'd deal with that now but I'm not even sure what room I'm in atm.

Unfortunately though, regenerating her would probably use a bit of DNA from her brain, seeing as that's the only thing left, unless they have some samples on hand for some reason. I'm guessing none of what she got would have affected her brain (compatibility issues are the only reason I could think of why it would), so she probably wouldn't come back with her special augments.

Whether she could re-get them is another issue, but the Doctor might have gotten bored with that project or decided she's not worth the investment. One of us is really going to have to see if he'll do boring, non-experimental procedures for tokens sometime, though.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12868 on: March 05, 2013, 03:54:21 am »

(Well, if anybody else feels like chipping in and you're close to 20, I'd lend you two tokens to get yourself synth'd up as well. Just offering.)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12869 on: March 05, 2013, 03:56:42 am »

((Yeah, I forgot to include it on the bolded list so presumably PW missed it also. I'd deal with that now but I'm not even sure what room I'm in atm.

Unfortunately though, regenerating her would probably use a bit of DNA from her brain, seeing as that's the only thing left, unless they have some samples on hand for some reason. I'm guessing none of what she got would have affected her brain (compatibility issues are the only reason I could think of why it would), so she probably wouldn't come back with her special augments.

Whether she could re-get them is another issue, but the Doctor might have gotten bored with that project or decided she's not worth the investment. One of us is really going to have to see if he'll do boring, non-experimental procedures for tokens sometime, though.))
((He already does the standard genetic mods. Boring, and for tokens. And I think you can bet /he/ kept a sample of your tissues after the procedures, because his intent is to experiment and study.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 856 857 [858] 859 860 ... 2101