_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 855 856 [857] 858 859 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5923271 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Off Broadway
« Reply #12840 on: March 04, 2013, 05:43:16 pm »

SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12841 on: March 04, 2013, 05:44:41 pm »

((Hey, RadioControlled, the deadline is tommorow night for you, right? That means that people have a day and a half to register? Just asking so people won't get confused by time zones.

In other news, I just discovered a guy who built a fully working (and rechargable) tesla saber! Check it out here.))

You mean... the ability to forget? Or the closely related to it ability to adapt and focus on the problems at hand and not past worries?
((I think I know what she means. If you don't want meta knowledge don't see the spoiler.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Foiled again! Damn 504s!))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12842 on: March 04, 2013, 06:00:03 pm »

Hey, RadioControlled, the deadline is tomorrow night for you, right? That means that people have a day and a half to register? Just asking so people won't get confused by time zones.

((This is correct, so that would be about 24 hours from when I made that post. I really don't want to drag this out for everybody, so I'll wait 1 more day tops for any medics to show up.

By the way, in case we do get a medic somehow, that'll mean we'll need to replace someone. Anyone on this current roster that wouldn't mind getting switched out, in case the situation presents itself?))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12843 on: March 04, 2013, 06:18:24 pm »

((We've breached the team headcount limit before (Missions 2 and 6). We could probably do it again. Piecewise can always make it a little harder.

Also, catching up on the Mission thread (November 28) and reached the point where PyroDesu convinces settlers to give up. I boo that. She had a -2 modifier on her speech and charisma. That should certainly have had an effect. I honestly think the negotiation segments of this game are too easy  :P (Missions 2, 7, and 8]. One, it's the only type of action that has no rolls. Two, from what I've seen so far, the people we negotiated with were always reasonable and even forthcoming. Now, that may change as I read further through Mission 8 (please no spoilers. Just saying I'm wrong is enough). But right now, the diplomacy part of this game has the dubious distinction of having no failed attempts, (besides The Serial Killed Mission of course, but it was kind of consciously ruined by players, not by NPC's.) and not requiring any actual skills in Diplomacy to pull off.

And that "cool" smiley is very annoying. Pops up every time I type an 8 with a parenthesis.))
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 06:29:50 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12844 on: March 04, 2013, 06:36:47 pm »

(( Ah. Just reread it and I think I got it wrong. Not 'clouds faces' but 'makes faces out of clouds'. Now onto figuring out how to word that and editing the response.
Didn't read the spoilers, but thank you guys none the less. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12845 on: March 04, 2013, 06:37:13 pm »

Hey, RadioControlled, the deadline is tomorrow night for you, right? That means that people have a day and a half to register? Just asking so people won't get confused by time zones.

((This is correct, so that would be about 24 hours from when I made that post. I really don't want to drag this out for everybody, so I'll wait 1 more day tops for any medics to show up.

By the way, in case we do get a medic somehow, that'll mean we'll need to replace someone. Anyone on this current roster that wouldn't mind getting switched out, in case the situation presents itself?))
Well i havent been on a mission yet so i can still swap my technician out for a fleshtech if you want, just inform piecewise that you want me to be a medic and ill be one, this is however the last time im changing my sheet as i dont want to irritate him by constaswitching

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)

New toastersheet: Auron Kell, medic, will buy medikit, scout eye and painkillers (or just a mk ii if we can get free medical supplies)

sit around waiting for the briefing to end so i can grab my bat helmet, miraculously become a fleshtech if required.
Also ask steve if any medical supplies will be on hand in the exploratory base, not equipment just supplies.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 05:06:25 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12846 on: March 04, 2013, 06:38:44 pm »

(@Nik: You'll probably come to the same conclusion both Paris and I did. XD But, uh, you're welcome anyway. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12847 on: March 04, 2013, 07:07:51 pm »

((We've breached the team headcount limit before (Missions 2 and 6). We could probably do it again. Piecewise can always make it a little harder.

Also, catching up on the Mission thread (November 28) and reached the point where PyroDesu convinces settlers to give up. I boo that. She had a -2 modifier on her speech and charisma. That should certainly have had an effect. I honestly think the negotiation segments of this game are too easy  :P (Missions 2, 7, and 8]. One, it's the only type of action that has no rolls. Two, from what I've seen so far, the people we negotiated with were always reasonable and even forthcoming. Now, that may change as I read further through Mission 8 (please no spoilers. Just saying I'm wrong is enough). But right now, the diplomacy part of this game has the dubious distinction of having no failed attempts, (besides The Serial Killed Mission of course, but it was kind of consciously ruined by players, not by NPC's.) and not requiring any actual skills in Diplomacy to pull off.

And that "cool" smiley is very annoying. Pops up every time I type an 8 with a parenthesis.))

((I did it without rolls because I'm not stupid enough to leave such things to our evil mastermind of a GM. Actually giving the dialogue circumvents the roll.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12848 on: March 04, 2013, 07:19:04 pm »

((On the other hand doing things through rolls allows you to achieve results that would not be possible via mere speech. With high enough speech rolls and/or charisma rolls you could theoretically give a Hannibal lecture to a human and force him to commit suicide or give a bonus to a teammate or snap him out of an illusion.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12849 on: March 04, 2013, 07:26:39 pm »

((A couple of synthflesh breasts will sort that right out.))
((If she does get a synthflesh body, she's probably going to prefer it looks somewhat female. So yeah, back to business as usual, I guess.))

(Well, he did get a male type body, but... Let's wait for IronyOwl's chart on that. XD I'm not going to speculate.)
((WAIT NO LONGER!))

((Also I have no idea what I want to do right now, so Faith's participation on either mission is a giant question mark.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12850 on: March 04, 2013, 07:31:48 pm »

(Irony, what do the strikethroughs and red missions in the chart indicate? Just curious, since if you've explained it before I've forgotten. And what exactly are the stats? At least for Jim, so I can keep up with them on my own from now on so I can stop bugging Piecewise. ^^^;)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 07:55:17 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12851 on: March 04, 2013, 08:06:01 pm »

((I signed up, am I go for the mission or not? I'm an uncon grunt, so go figure.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12852 on: March 04, 2013, 08:26:42 pm »

((I did it without rolls because I'm not stupid enough to leave such things to our evil mastermind of a GM. Actually giving the dialogue circumvents the roll.))
((I'm not criticizing you, and I understand how the system works. I still think that someone with a minus two in Speech shouldn't be able to effectively negotiate. If you are a medic for example, you can't avoid a roll even if you painstakingly describe what you do. And you can't avoid a roll with Unconventional in a fist-fight, even if you describe it well and use the right move. Jim, is a case in point. I don't see why speech should be different.))

((On the other hand doing things through rolls allows you to achieve results that would not be possible via mere speech. With high enough speech rolls and/or charisma rolls you could theoretically give a Hannibal lecture to a human and force him to commit suicide or give a bonus to a teammate or snap him out of an illusion.))
((Never said I'm again that. As long as it's not too ridiculous of course. But lower level actions, like diplomacy or negotiating, should also require skill in my opinion. Maybe not every turn, maybe not for every action. Right now, what we've got, is a system in which speech stands in stark contrast to all other skills as the only skill that a person can be good at in game, while having it as a dump stat mechanically. And those possible bonuses that you mention are cool, but they are the higher fruit if you know what I mean. It's like not having any amps that cost less than 12 tokens; nobody would use them.

I'm probably the person who's voiced more complains than everybody else combined. That's just how I roll, he he he.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12853 on: March 04, 2013, 09:33:43 pm »

(( Just woke up, at midday, and I had this bizarre dream. It was a forum game/RTD run by Piecewise, (in what I remember of the dream I experienced it in the first person, but it definitely was a game) where the players were basically... well, I'm pretty sure we started out as humans, but there were pretty much unlimited possibilities along the lines of superpowers, monstrous appearance changes, etc.

Anyway, stuff went on, I think the players were kinda supposed to be doing something heroic but I don't remember and it isn't important as I'm pretty sure most of us just said 'fuck it' anyway. I remember one part where we (I think the player characters were part of one organization) had just taken down some evil dude's base, presumably killing all his minions horribly, and I took the time to gather up all their submachineguns.
At first it was just because I had full ammo on my current one but my acquisitive nature kicked in and I wanted MORE BULLETS, but then I decided I could one day use them to outfit my own world-conquering army, too!
I got some strange looks from one or two more 'heroic' members of the team.
A funny thing, is that I was reaching into the game with my real hands to pick up the guns (which were the size of small toys, pinched between my fingers) and placing them in a bag so my character could take them.

I think I was wearing goggles. That's pretty much all I remember about my character, although later on in the dream I believe another player was kidnapping someone (NPC?) important to me from what looked like a giant floating petfood bowl, and I flew after them (through space, I believe) wearing a bath towel as a cape.
I was also some kind of furry woodland creature with super powers. What.

And then, towards the end of the dream, it suddenly became apparent in some big shocking reveal that all the characters, who were referred to as numbers, were actually gigantic metaphors by Piecewise about the player/their character's actions/appearance/and such.
There was some system like SCPs, but the code numbers were a lot smaller, and Piecewise had been adding together several of those to get the code number that was applied to each character. So basically, the more horrific, fucked up and evil the character was, the higher their number.
The highest number belonged to some horrifying, inhuman monster with all kinds of snapping jaws and fangs and whatnot, I'm pretty sure they were 55.
I was somewhere in the 30s/40s. Not a complete monster, but still not an actual hero. :P
There was another bit with a character shaped like a star, who was more of a good guy, and he was very pleased to find another character shaped like a star, but was then shocked, confused and hurt when they viciously attacked him as he tried to befriend them.

Can't remember a great deal more of the dream, but I can remember seeing Piecewise at one point, with a manic expression, a pipe clenched in his teeth as he worked feverishly on the next turn. I believe he was also cackling madly.

Believe it or not, this was far more coherent and sensible than most of the dreams I have. :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12854 on: March 04, 2013, 09:43:05 pm »

((Sounds like an ER/Perplexicon mashup.  To quote:))

New Piecewise RTD?  Instant in.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 855 856 [857] 858 859 ... 2101