_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 825 826 [827] 828 829 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5927231 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: I told you.
« Reply #12390 on: February 28, 2013, 04:05:34 am »

((Welp, I'm out of in-character excuses to recheck the Red Hand. So whatever surprise PW has left me with that overshot, I'll have to find out during testing...))

Anton puts the reassembled Red Hand back on, and looks around the Armory. Seeing the booth empty, he frowns for a moment, reminded of the situation in the Rec Room. Torn between remaining here and risking some other horror waltz into the Armory while its supervisor is away, and going back to the Rec Room that was likely a scene of slaughter by now but where, he reasonably guessed, the Armory Master likely had gone to, he decided that the latter was probably a better thing to do. He'd have to go there eventually at any rate...

Slowly he gets up, takes the safety off on the Red Hand, and cautiously walks out of the Armory and towards the Rec Room, ready to shoot at anything that resembles a mutant cicada.

"Steve? What's the situation in the Rec Room?"

Safety off. Cautiously walk towards the Rec Room. Query Steve.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12391 on: February 28, 2013, 04:57:06 am »

Noticing the absence of the Armory Master, Victor runs off to the infirmary.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12392 on: February 28, 2013, 07:33:06 am »

((Have I moved into the rec room over the course of the fight or am I still standing at the door?))

If the former:
Get away from Ivan and the magazine, take cover behind anything that seems more or less suitable. Shoot him should he actually survive the detonation.

If the latter:
Back away, try to stop Ivan in his tracks with crystal shots when he's reached the magazine. Shoot him should he actually survive the detonation.
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #12393 on: February 28, 2013, 07:37:35 am »

I hope that is to be taken orally.

Down the pill, brace for impact.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12394 on: February 28, 2013, 07:42:43 am »

((Ivan going near the magazine, what everyone needs.))

If Ivan moves near the magazine, ask for someone to detonate it or do it if the codes are given and it won't teamkill.
If he doesn't, grab the magazine and toss it towards him then do the above.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12395 on: February 28, 2013, 08:08:33 am »

((Desperate times call for desperate measures.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12396 on: February 28, 2013, 08:42:39 am »

Wow!
Open the book at a random page and read.
(( Could... not... resist... :D ))
It works just like that? Interesting.
((@the "doing it wrong" thing, notice how you got poetry cliffnotes instead of poems? books are hard. the reason is you have to get not just the physical book, but its entire contents into a single coherent thought.))

continue sitting and looking at Blue.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12397 on: February 28, 2013, 08:47:20 am »

Quote from: Lenglon
((Genetic alterations.))
((That... makes a lot of sense actually. Maybe not the only way to interpret it, but a damn good one. Oh well, I'm not changing my response based on meta discussions. My responses are not too bad anyway. Thanks. I didn't think to interpret it in a global way, only in a personal one.

And regarding Ivan, could there be a possibility to finally see Nyars in action? I doubt he's a strong as AM of Doctor, but who knows.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12398 on: February 28, 2013, 11:46:53 am »

((I wonder how long it will take for jack to be brought back to life?))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #12399 on: February 28, 2013, 12:05:33 pm »

((I wonder how long it will take for jack to be brought back to life?))
((I'd say it depends on how long it'll take for Ivan to kill us all before the AM or the Doctor enter the picture.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #12400 on: February 28, 2013, 12:36:15 pm »

((That may have been one of the best parts of E.R. yet, I had just assumed they were doomed but, jolly good show chaps.))
Bruce wakes up.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12401 on: February 28, 2013, 12:36:45 pm »

((*looks at other thread* mission team is returning, and the FIRST thing that is going to happen as they step out of the hanger is a giant pyro/chem bomb going off in the rec room doorway...

just another day in the life of the HMRC))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12402 on: February 28, 2013, 12:37:03 pm »

Lars struggled, blinking away goo, out of the pod.  He saw his injured teammates being hauled away.  He kneeled and raised his arms.

"Give all thanks to Steve, as your victorious disciples have returned!  Sing praises to his holy name!"

Standing, he departed.

Turn in piece of mist to scientists.  Get checked out by med team.  (Or other way, as appropriate.)

((Clearly Pathmas and Steve were watching over them.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #12403 on: February 28, 2013, 12:38:22 pm »

(Woo!)

Mesk sighs in relief and crawls out of the cramped shuttle cockpit.
"Never again, indeed..."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12404 on: February 28, 2013, 12:55:37 pm »

"I am here because memories are short.  Because the savior of the father is the enemy of the son."
So you saved the father and the son won, leaving you in a precarious position, and you sought refuge in the HMRC? Or was it that you made an enemy of the son, and the father chose to forget how you saved him, leaving you no choice but to flee?

Or wait, was that metaphorical? Was never good at riddles. And I can't say I recognize the refence... Would you mind clarifying?

Chat with chatty Doctor. Look around the room, and what The Doctor looks like.

((Nice job Pariah. No roll required! I think Ivan is mostly done for. Although I'm a bit confused again as to what's happening. Does the head continue to be alive, or is it dead? Does Ivan move slowly or quickly? And as I understand there's now only Pariah and Renen alive in the Rec room, right?))

The doctor seems to have vanished while you were considering exactly what he meant by what he said.

OH COME ON! JUST FREAKING DIE ALREADY!... okay to hell with this, its time for overwhelming force. Milady, you may wish to move away from the door before i set off this here firecracker.

hide behind the overturned table and wait for ivan to reach the magazinw next ro the door before broadcasting the detonation code regardless of any fellow inmates residing in the killzone
Shoot him in the back repeatedly if he survives, maybe ill get lucky and take out his heart(s)

((Sir Lockerlot 3, ivan 1  :D))

Edit: why the hell was i picking up the magazine to throw it at him? Id have to get past him to reach it when hes walking over to it anyway and hed be out in the hall by the time i got back to the table

You start to sit up but fall back down a moment later. You feel very dizzy and weak.

Walk casually into rec room.
What's happening guys? I hope there aren't any headless cicadas in here! I've got an allergy you know.
Blast any headless cicadas I see.

You walk to the entrance of the Rec room just in time to see the Doctor arrive and start talking to the armory master.

"Restrain him."

"Aw Come on, They can handle him. I'm not gonna steal their glory."

"If you don't, I will." He says, reaching for his respirator.

"Fine. Fine." She says and waves her hand in Ivan's direction.

Ivan collapses to the ground, though it's hard to say why, he doesn't look any different from before.

The Doctor causally walks into the rec room, surveys the dead and mangled, taking an extra second or two to look at Dorf, and then lifts Ivan onto his shoulder.

"Close, but no cigar, eh?" He says to Renen before walking out.

"Kill joy." The armory master mutters as he disappears down the hall. She puts her hands in her pockets and look at the rec room. "I'll call maintenance, someone mop up your teammates and bring whats left of them to the Infirmary."

She shrugs and walks back off toward the armory.

(( Seems quite likely, actually. Or perhaps it might be something which was acceptable in the dire days of the Altered Wars, and more than frowned upon later.
(We know that ghost ships were a desperate gamble of that time, and are questioned by the modern day UWM cizitens, so could the UWM go even further on the desperate end of the scale back then?)

About the purple-labeled items: Actually, I find it rather likely that those are mechanical alterations of some kind in the light of Piecewise mentioning in one of the ER talks three distinct ways of upgrading self - biological (Faith), cybernetical (Jim) and one based on gadgets and other 'mundane' items (Milno), which might actually correspond rather nicely to blue, purple and green, respectively. ))

Wow!
Open the book at a random page and read.
(( Could... not... resist... :D ))
It works just like that? Interesting.

"Clearly what Shakespeare meant by this passage was "Get bitches, Get paid. Gotta gotta gotta get paid.""

You feel like this might not be completely accurate.

Noticing the absence of the Armory Master, Victor runs off to the infirmary.
OH hey, she's back. Cool beans.

I hope that is to be taken orally.

Down the pill, brace for impact.
Seeing as how the crisis has ended, I'm gonna let you decide now if whatever power that pill will grant you is worth it. Because you might be safe for now, but who knows what will happen tomorrow?

((That may have been one of the best parts of E.R. yet, I had just assumed they were doomed but, jolly good show chaps.))
Bruce wakes up.

You wake up in the infirmary with a fresh surgical scar down most of your chest and stomach and a gut full of shiny new artificial organs.

Lars struggled, blinking away goo, out of the pod.  He saw his injured teammates being hauled away.  He kneeled and raised his arms.

"Give all thanks to Steve, as your victorious disciples have returned!  Sing praises to his holy name!"

Standing, he departed.

Turn in piece of mist to scientists.  Get checked out by med team.  (Or other way, as appropriate.)

((Clearly Pathmas and Steve were watching over them.))
You hand the little jar of sharkmist over to the scientists while a medical team scans you with what look like Geiger counters and metal detectors. They give you the thumbs up a moment later and set you loose.

(Woo!)

Mesk sighs in relief and crawls out of the cramped shuttle cockpit.
"Never again, indeed..."
You crawl out of the shuttle and flop down onto the hanger deck.

"Yay! I'm alive! I'm also starving. Yay!"
Pages: 1 ... 825 826 [827] 828 829 ... 2101