_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 823 824 [825] 826 827 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5927985 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: I told you.
« Reply #12360 on: February 27, 2013, 04:49:16 pm »

((I think it's something he purchased from Nyars.))
((Yeah, along with that bottle of nanoghosts or whatever they are. It was in a blue capsule, which we've considered to mean medical... aw crap, it IS Doctor in a Bottle, isn't it?))
((neat-o. and, not that I may be planning anything, how much did you pay for it?))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12361 on: February 27, 2013, 04:52:30 pm »

SMALL (3 tokens):  You get a blue square with a horizontal line...

Inside the package is a second package, a black sphere with what looks like a LED readout on it and a single green button.  You don't see any paper in the capsule. The sphere seems to have a very thin seam going around it's center.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #12362 on: February 27, 2013, 04:54:46 pm »

((Yeah, what Toaster said. Though given what the ghosts said, chances of getting another one might be low.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12363 on: February 27, 2013, 04:57:52 pm »

((Thank you toaster, you are both a scholar and a gentleman. also, bollocks, that's kind of expensive. And here I wanted an alien artifact to put in my brain))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12365 on: February 27, 2013, 05:05:13 pm »

((I haven't updated it for Ivan's armor, but it is largely up to date.))

((oh...oh my...Now I kinda hope I won't make enough tokens this mission to allow myself to splurge, because I know I wouldn't be able to resist buying one of them boxes and screw myself over. Time to obsess over this list for a while))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12366 on: February 27, 2013, 06:22:41 pm »

((I haven't updated it for Ivan's armor, but it is largely up to date.))
((I'd like to think this version is better. ;D: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1cN0V_w3lTjMEtDSlRoeVRYYmM/edit?usp=sharing

And looking at the chart, if we are able to request any combination we want, Nyars must have at least 360 boxed on hand. That's some quantum stacking, he he he.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12367 on: February 27, 2013, 07:02:27 pm »

"The flesh is weak. What do you desire?"
((This is what I imagine is what The Doctors door bell sounds like.))
(( Nah. It's his answering machine message. His door bell probably sounds more like: "Minions. More. Again."  :P

About the lists  (both the original and the one with the table) - once again, they are awesome! Thank you very much for making them.
Though if I may, Maurice's most recent purchase also seems to be missing from those. Relevant quotes included below for your convenience. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12368 on: February 27, 2013, 07:22:30 pm »

((Note to self: Large green = armor of some sort so far, as evidenced by Simus' Phase Armor and Ivan's Liquid Breastplate.

Both have shown themselves to be useful, but I don't want to know the effects of criticals on the Phase Armor.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12369 on: February 27, 2013, 08:40:59 pm »

((I forget exactly what we/I figured out last time Nyars' wares came up, but essentially:

We don't have enough data to say what the lines, or lack thereof, mean.
We don't have enough data to say what the shapes mean, although complexity, power, or danger is a vague possibility.

Red, from one sample (Maurice's twitchblade) and process of elimination, is probably weapons or other offensive items.

Blue, from the permanent painkiller and assumptions about PANACEA-ish, is likely medical or similar ("body-altering" or "drugs," perhaps). Note that the black sphere is also blue.

Purple is unknown, as it contained only Mesk's ultraregen and that metallic flask (wait, did we ever find out what was in there?). Possibilities abound just going off the one sample we have.

Green appears to be worn, going off kisame's goggles, Ivan's flowing armor, and Simus' phase armor. Prior to the goggles it was thought this might mean defensive or armor in general, but there we are.

Gold, going off Timmy's Marble and Cog's Death Cube, appears to be "weird shit" or "alien fuckery" or similar. Note that the box or whatever with a note saying "I'm not coming back" is also gold.

Nyars digging is still a nascent science, I'm afraid.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12370 on: February 27, 2013, 09:11:47 pm »

((Alright, thanks for the good responce. Here's another chart, this time it is a list of what people completed what missions: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1cN0V_w3lTjZVlMcmRfTUdRRG8/edit?usp=sharing

And I've updated the Nyars chart, but for some reason I can't access it. It gives an error:[Sorry, we are unable to generate a view of the document at this time. Please try again later.]              Here the link anyway: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1cN0V_w3lTjV2sxd0d1SWNoblU/edit?usp=sharing               Tell me if it works.

And if it doesn't, I'd appreciate if someone (Toaster?) took it from here. I don't know what doesn't work, and I don't feel like wasting time finding out.

And to those speculating what it could mean, I'd like to point out that 10% of the unique possibilities, or even 3.33% depending on how you count, is generally not enough to figure something out.

And I'm on page 700/825 of the On-Ship thread! Read what happened to Travis. (All those tokens went to waste with him. Good Riddance.) And now the mission team has departed to Mission 8. Regarding Cog, I am sorry for what happened to him, but it was his fault for punching all the buttons. Seriously. ::)))
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 09:57:10 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12371 on: February 27, 2013, 09:41:05 pm »

((I do believe that metallic flask contained the Voices that are pestering the dude with the sphere to use it.

So Purple could be... mechanical alterations?))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12372 on: February 27, 2013, 10:05:05 pm »

"Attention all units, Ivan has neutralized my turret. Judging by how no one mentioned anything about a blazing inferno of hellfire, I'd say that it's safe to say that the turret's magazine is still intact. Can someone please retrieve it and attach it to or slide it near Ivan? It can be remotely detonated in a directed explosion."
Victor remotely sends everyone the specifications of the detonation signal. He then goes to the armory to get a better view.
((@Grunhill: can you please retrieve the magazine and stick it to or slide it to Ivan? I'll be able to detonate it and damage him quite a bit.))
((@Piecewise: Can you please indicate where my weapon's magazine is?))

You send a signal to everyone with a read out of the detonation code. Then you move to the armory. Not sure why, since you can't see any better from there, but ok.

Your magazine is over against the wall, near the entrance to the Rec/mess.

GRAAH... I HOPE YOU CHOKE ON IT!

jam my laser rifle up against ivans throat and pull the trigger, if that fails grab the monoatomic sword and try to force it deeper into his shoulder and angle it toward his spine

((Calling a strength roll for forcing the sword deeper as im not actually swinging it))

if i cant use a str roll just keep firing laser pulses into ivans neck, try wedging the laser barrel between ivans armor plating if possible

You press the barrel of your laser against Ivan'd throat and pull the trigger. You seep upward and a spray of Hemolymph covers you as his head sloughs off, dragging a few molten strands of flesh behind it. His body stands up, leaving his head with you, its teeth in your shoulder.

Repairs are gonna need parts, remember? And you lack parts and tokens.
Identify the fault in any case. There may be enough wrecked hardware in the rec room to scavenge something, but identifying what parts are needed first is required. Try not to remove anything that can't be easily put back in the process.

Afterwards mount the generator back and do a final checkup on the rest of the thing, checking that all connections and switches are to spec.

[handi:3+1]
You think you have a good idea what the problem with the generator is; looks fairly simple too. Just a few transistors.

You put the generator back in place and everything looks good.

((I'm so off and on with this thread. I'm like a streecar with a *jolt* bad fuse *jolt* or something *jolt* (this analogy sucks *jolt*) )
Remember where I am and stuff.

Consider yourself in the barracks.

re-summon Blue, shut the door, and back away from it

turn to face the empty-handed Maurice, and stand still looking at him for 5 seconds. walk around behind him. sit down with my back to Maurice, and curl my knees up close to my chest. wrap my arms around my knees and rest my head on my knees while I stare blankly at Blue bobbing in my hand.

"Thought is in your mind, so are we. Think it, and it is where we are."

give Maurice a logical explanation for what he is trying to work ((NOT a speech or int roll, just summarizing the action in bold so pw doesn't miss it)

Repairs are gonna need parts, remember? And you lack parts and tokens.
Identify the fault in any case. There may be enough wrecked hardware in the rec room to scavenge something, but identifying what parts are needed first is required.

Afterwards mount the generator back and do a final checkup on the rest of the thing, checking that all connections and switches are to spec.

((talk to me when i get my mind back if you still are having parts trouble))

((btw, nik, you haven't told Lyra enough for her to know this, but you're doing it wrong, i can explain via meta if you want but that's kinda cheating.))

[will:4]

You resummon your fireball, small as ever.

Think? Like in, just think, nothing more, nothing less? All right, I'll try that.
Think of a book of poetry lying in my hand.

(( Nah, let's see if this can be solved in-character. ))

[will:4]

You manage to summon up a book of poetry cliffnotes.

"Huh"

"Not healed yet." The doctor's voice cuts in from somewhere beyond the haze of dark green. "Still regenerating. Eyes not adjusted yet. Will need glasses for a time. Still, visual cortex regeneration went nicely."

There is a pause.

"You still remember who you are, right? No memory loss? No brain damage? Just checking."
I believe I'm good. Although on my home-world it is customary to answer this question with "My tail is doing great, although my carapace is itching." But thank you for the operation, good doctor. You're a walking miracle. If I was prone to emotional outbursts...

But that's me. Care to tell me about yourself? How you came here? Why?

Chat with The Doctor (text above). Follow Doctor's instructions. Look around to understand what the place looks like.

((And now I'm chatting and joking with The Doctor. This can't end well.

And thanks to everyone for allaying my concerns. I do find it funny that the most stout protector of the game balance is another player. Not that I'm complaining.

And Yay! One more defender (turret) defeated. And another one on his way. But I do believe we have a confirmation that AM will protect anyone in her custody from Ivan. Not that I ever believed otherwise.))

(( Off-topic: The Schools are closed today due to snow storm!!!  :D :D :D))

"I am here because memories are short.  Because the savior of the father is the enemy of the son."

((Well, I'm pretty sure I'm going to choose something bad either way, but perhaps I can mitigate the bad a bit...))

"To have the physical and mental ability and skill to destroy an Altered without sacrificing or compromising my humanity." Is saying it enough?

((Who am I kidding? This will soo go wrong.))

The ball hums and then splits open, it's top popping off, leaving the bottom behind. In the bottom half there is a single, white pill.

Ivan, lacking a head, staggers back away from Dorf. He stops, stands still a moment, then starts moving toward the exit of the Rec room.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12373 on: February 27, 2013, 10:46:02 pm »

"I am here because memories are short.  Because the savior of the father is the enemy of the son."
So you saved the father and the son won, leaving you in a precarious position, and you sought refuge in the HMRC? Or was it that you made an enemy of the son, and the father chose to forget how you saved him, leaving you no choice but to flee?

Or wait, was that metaphorical? Was never good at riddles. And I can't say I recognize the refence... Would you mind clarifying?

Chat with chatty Doctor. Look around the room, and what The Doctor looks like.

((Nice job Pariah. No roll required! I think Ivan is mostly done for. Although I'm a bit confused again as to what's happening. Does the head continue to be alive, or is it dead? Does Ivan move slowly or quickly? And as I understand there's now only Pariah and Renen alive in the Rec room, right?))
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 02:19:37 am by Thearpox »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12374 on: February 27, 2013, 10:50:56 pm »

((Doc continues to creep me out.))
Pages: 1 ... 823 824 [825] 826 827 ... 2101