_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 814 815 [816] 817 818 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5930621 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: I told you.
« Reply #12225 on: February 24, 2013, 10:17:01 am »

Open fire at Ivan, avoiding the crystal(s).
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12226 on: February 24, 2013, 10:53:01 am »

((Damn. Am I temp-dead, or dead-dead? Damn. I had a plan too.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12227 on: February 24, 2013, 12:34:48 pm »

"Hmm. Visual cortex damage. Repairable. Or upgradable. Synthetics. Spy, you say. Not a spy any longer I hope."
No, not anymore. Retired. And it was less a spy, and more an inside agent.

What are the benefits, downsides, and risks of each? How much does it cost, and how long is the recovery period? Although if the repair sounds what it sounds like, then it isn't really viable. The rebels didn't leave me with much, and a bunch more was cut out to avoid cancer formations. Oh, and it would be nice to have new eyes too. No point in having the brain parts, but not having eyes.

Reposting my request: Can we have a battle map of the Rec Room, with the exits and all the doors, VR Machines, Kitchen, TV, Tables, Food Dispenser, Training Machines, Air Ducts, and whatever else. Oh, and also Ivan, and everyone in the Rec Room.

((At this rate, mountains will move before I get anything done. (rhetorical)))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12228 on: February 24, 2013, 01:06:28 pm »

((You guys are fucked. I would reccomend trying to drag the AM or the Doc into it, but they might not care or try and butcher you instead, respectively.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12229 on: February 24, 2013, 01:43:22 pm »

((I just started thinking of AM as Jones from Gunnerkrigg court. I don't think she's this old, but still. And AM is definitely more apathetic. But she is practically invincible, it seems.))
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 01:45:39 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12230 on: February 24, 2013, 02:00:20 pm »

Perhaps we should examine them one by one? Well, as you wish.
Follow Lyra's lead. Try to remember if I have seen or read about that particular scenery behind the door, or anything like the situation we're currently in.
(( I have no objections to fast-forwarding our door-opening tour unless there are specific reasons against that happening - like requiring too much of the GM's time, for example.

Oh, and cheers to the HMRC team! Just a couple more lucky rolls, and you are the winner! That is, survive to proceed to the sweet, sweet looting fest (complete with butchering Ivan's remains and mandatory fight over his possessions) :P ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12231 on: February 25, 2013, 12:02:07 am »

((Hopefully I filled this out correctly.))
 Character sheet
[spoiler]Name: Victor Nox
Appearance: Average height, slightly slim build. Dark brown hair and bright blue eyes. Wears contact lenses that make his eyes seem dull and lifeless while making their color appear to be a dark shade of gray.
Personal information: Victor used to be the leader of an engineering squad. Although his squad was mainly responsible for maintenance and repair the equipment of combat units, he has seen a fair deal of skirmishes due to the group's proximity to the front lines. Victor often employed deception and lateral thinking to supplement his relative lack of skills. He has a certain degree of disregard for human life, least of all for his own, he tends to be unsettling, a trait that he picked up to gain slight advantages in psychological warfare. His contact lenses are an example of this trait. He volunteered into the HMRC after the rest of his squad was killed in action, he intends to either find a new line of work in the corps or die and rejoin his former comrades. Both options would suit him equally well.
Reason assigned to HMRC: Volunteer
Stats:
  Strength: 3
  Dexterity: 5
  Endurance: 5
  Charisma: 0
  Intelligence: 3
  Willpower: 4
Skills:
  Speech: 0
  Intuition: 1
  Handiwork: 0+
  Conventional Weapons: 2
  Unconventional Weapons: 1
  Exotic weapons: 0-
  Auxiliary systems: 0
  Medical tech: 1
Profession:Technician
Text: Navy blue, 11pt adale mono
Timezone: GMT+11 (NSW)
[/spoiler,
Victor opens fire on Ivan. It is initially aimed at Ivan's lower leg before quickly sweeping upwards. Use five shots, avoid hitting the crystal. Victor will attempt to hit any wounds Ivan has. He then remotely links his turret's camera feed to the wristpads of every HMRC inmate that isn't Ivan (including the ones on the mission if possible).
[Ammo: 24/30]
"Attention all HMRC units! Open fire upon Ivan, avoid hitting the crystal, aim for any wounds he has. Can the person with the crystalline projector please fire a few more into him? If any amp or manipulator users want to keep out of the line of fire, I can link my turret's camera feed to your wristpads so that you can get out of the battlefield."

[Con:2]

Swing and a miss; you cause the wall to explode into flames.

[con:5]

You catch him right in the leg and it bursts into flames. Hard to tell how much damage it's doing though, it's all hidden behind a goddamn inferno. Also that poison gas is spreading and not everyone has a suit on.

[con:3]

The shot clips off his leg and sprays fire away from ivan as the gas ignites as the shell ricochet's off.

And thats as many individual shots as you're gonna get off for now.

((Umm PW where am I in relation to my manipulator?))

We'll say you've got it. You should be more worried about all the holes in your chest and all your bleeding to death.

go to the next door on the left side, wait for Maurice, open when ready.
yet again, do not go through, do not frame myself in doorway, etc

((i'm willing to fast forward to opening all the doors without going through any of them.))

((EDIT: Rec Room scoreboard:
Ivan: 6
HMRC:5-1
eval: improving, you might have him crippled enough to avoid too many more casualties.
bah, who am i kidding.))
Perhaps we should examine them one by one? Well, as you wish.
Follow Lyra's lead. Try to remember if I have seen or read about that particular scenery behind the door, or anything like the situation we're currently in.
(( I have no objections to fast-forwarding our door-opening tour unless there are specific reasons against that happening - like requiring too much of the GM's time, for example.

Oh, and cheers to the HMRC team! Just a couple more lucky rolls, and you are the winner! That is, survive to proceed to the sweet, sweet looting fest (complete with butchering Ivan's remains and mandatory fight over his possessions) :P ))

You both close the door, look at each other.

You move on to the next one on the left. Inside this one is a book on a pedestal. Ok. sure.

Next one seems like there's someone behind it holding it shut. You can pull it open a bit but then someone yanks it back closed.

Last on the left holds a table. On that table is a tiny scale replica of the prisoner section of the Sword.

"Uh..."

"Are we trapped in an art house film or something?"

((Well empiricists idea sounds good))
After requesting immediate evac when Ivan isn't concentrating on me try and get rid of the liquid stuff by heating it with my manipulator till it goes away

[dex:6]
[Ivan dex:3+3]

Ivan, who because of all the crystals and flame  looks more like a new age shop someone set on fire then a demon, turns toward you and charges. You use what little time you have to tap in a command on your manipulator and hit execute just as he makes contact.

[uncon:4+1]

Half of Ivan's body is enshrouded in heat; heat enough to burn away the crystals attacking him but not enough to destroy the liquid armor. As the crystals vanish and the liquid armor begins to cover his body, you can see that the fire and crystals have done a good deal of damage to his right side and his legs. They're cracked and blacked as well as shredded by the crystals. The only reason he's still standing is probably the twofold strength of his altered body and his liquid armor.

[dex:4]
[Ivan dex:4+3]
[ivan str:6+2]
[end:5]

Ivan, apparently none too amused by your little game of burning half his body, Punches you twice. The first hits you in the face, glances off slightly so that only the lower right half of your face is pulverized into hamburger. The next blow is to your throat and literally pinches your head clean off between the force of his fist from the front and the wall from the back.

You are dead. Temporarily.

ummm... yeah... i needed something to put beween me and ivan

So can i borrow those tools? And buy some bolts?...please?

borrow the armory masters tools, buy enough bolts to securely fasten my armor to my suit once its complete, begin constructing my armor. Focus helmet armor with removeable faceplate and chest plating first, then shoulder and leg armor, then finally armor for my arms and hands/feet. Bring up extra doors from my locker as necessary and make sure that jims nameplate is attached to my chest armor and that the suits thermal exhaust isnt obstructed.

The armory master listens, looks at you with your collection of scrap ducttaped to your space suit, and laughs.

"Alright, I'm gonna have to come see this, hold on."

She leaves the booth and waves her hand in your direction.  Your rough pile of locker door pieces lifts out of your hands and begins assembling itself on you in a way not dissimilar to how various vermin tend to assemble party dresses on Disney princesses. After a second you have a handy dandy suit of medieval style armor. Clearly it's just made out of locker doors, albeit locker doors welded together by a mildly amused psychic demi-goddess, but hey, you get what you get.

"Alright, lets get you in there before this fight ends." She hustles you out and shoves you into the Rec room. "Get going, Sir Lockerlot"

"Whoa. That went straight to my head..."

Assess the situation. Think about it. In detail. Also crawl to the door, slowly.
You crawl to the door but the voices in your head make it rather impossible to think about anything.

"Is that a fucking Altered?"

"They're dead aren't they?"

"Knowing this place, one of the inmates brought them back and doomed the galaxy."

"Smooth move."

"In my day the HMRC was a respected suicide unit!"

Open fire at Ivan, avoiding the crystal(s).
You still can't see him. You're laying on the ground remember. He's half way across the room with VR machines and a wrestling ring between him and you.

You could blind fire at him but don't expect accuracy.

Take out bolt action rifle and shoot at Ivan.

((I wonder...?))
[con:4]

It does nothing at all.

Nothing at all.

Nothing at all!

Stupid sexy Ivan.

((Wheeee))

If he were present to see it, the discoballing laser rifle would have given Anton a great idea to upgrade his abandoned daisycutter grenade. But as he was, he kept running towards the Armory, stopping only once inside and standing at a corner opposite the entrance, his only weapon pointing at it shakily until the survival instinct let go and allowed him to regain his breath.

Double time it to the Armory, plop down on the nearest sittable surface opposite the exit, and calm down. Respond to amused looks or witty comments with "Yeah, I bet you never saw a fat guy run this fast before.". Mental condition allowing, examine the Red Hand. Would it be possible to jury-rig the laser itself to work from the generator without upgrading either?
You run to the armory and sit in the corner. Looks like the laser could run off the generator fairly easily. Hand lasers are kinda piss poor in power.

"Aye!"

Shoot Ivan some more. Fuel the fluid-crystal-war. For the crystals!
[con:2]
Your shot sails right over the mass of boney spikes an terror that could be considered Ivan's head.

((Damn. Am I temp-dead, or dead-dead? Damn. I had a plan too.))
Temp dead.

"Hmm. Visual cortex damage. Repairable. Or upgradable. Synthetics. Spy, you say. Not a spy any longer I hope."
No, not anymore. Retired. And it was less a spy, and more an inside agent.

What are the benefits, downsides, and risks of each? How much does it cost, and how long is the recovery period? Although if the repair sounds what it sounds like, then it isn't really viable. The rebels didn't leave me with much, and a bunch more was cut out to avoid cancer formations. Oh, and it would be nice to have new eyes too. No point in having the brain parts, but not having eyes.

Reposting my request: Can we have a battle map of the Rec Room, with the exits and all the doors, VR Machines, Kitchen, TV, Tables, Food Dispenser, Training Machines, Air Ducts, and whatever else. Oh, and also Ivan, and everyone in the Rec Room.

((At this rate, mountains will move before I get anything done. (rhetorical)))

"No cost. Synthetic allows for enhancements. Repair is just repair. Repair is simple enough, cut out damaged parts, regrow new ones. Recovery should be short enough to get you on the next mission. "

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12232 on: February 25, 2013, 12:11:46 am »

Repair it is. Begin repair of brain tissue, new eyes, and also the regrowth of lips, ears, and nose.

((Don't want to spend another turn just talking...

And thanks for the diagram. Always wondered how the Wrec room looks like. Where is the kitchen? How many are still alive? and how many are still able to fight? The last two are actually more for those fighting, as I haven't read the start of the battle and before in detail.))
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 01:32:46 am by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12233 on: February 25, 2013, 12:15:40 am »

((Is it wrong that I'm rooting for Ivan? :x))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12234 on: February 25, 2013, 12:22:58 am »

((i know i am, dude simply wanted to murder a light fixture and is getting teamkilled by half the people on the ship for it. since when did people care about light fixtures anyway? are we on a ship of interior decorators?!?))

((EDIT: SCORE:
Ivan: 8
HMRC: 7-1
eval: close match, but you're wearing him down. he only got 1 attack these last two turns instead of the three from before then))
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 12:54:49 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12235 on: February 25, 2013, 12:31:35 am »

((i know i am, dude simply wanted to murder a light fixture and is getting teamkilled by half the people on the ship for it. since when did people care about light fixtures anyway? are we on a ship of interior decorators?!?))
((As someone not presently in any danger, I know I am. An awesome abomination VS a bunch of fleshy humans? Why would you not root for Ivan?

Although I'm surprised nobody bet any tokens. Damn reality that prevents dead people, people on missions, and people like me from betting on this.  :P))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12236 on: February 25, 2013, 12:39:29 am »

At once fair lady...
oh by the way could you activate one of those bat-copters and send it my way? i wanna have it hover up on the roof there and track Ivan's position.

hand the armory master one token for a bat-copter
move over to the tables and overturn one to use as cover then try to fire several one second long pulses at Ivan's face and legs.
If i cant get a clear shot cautiously begin dragging our wounded (except the wounded guy at Ivan's feet) behind the table to hopefully keep them alive a bit longer.

Also if ivan manages to grapple me without instakilling me or destroying my rifle stick it in his mouth, pull the trigger and swish it around a bit
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 09:07:06 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12237 on: February 25, 2013, 01:26:39 am »

"Can everyone not wearing a suit please get away from Ivan, the bullets I shot him with have a toxic residue."
Victor fires two shots at Ivan. The first is aimed at Ivan's head. The second is aimed at his legs, he will aim specifically for any leg wound that he can see, if not, he'll just try and hit a leg joint. He then remotely links his turret's camera feed to the wristpads of every HMRC inmate that isn't Ivan (including the ones on the mission if possible). If Ivan attacks the turret, Victor will detonate the magazine at the last possible moment.
[24/30]
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 04:48:24 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12238 on: February 25, 2013, 01:30:28 am »

exhale audibly once, then with eyes narrowed, head held slightly higher but still not level, movements slightly faster and more abrupt, with a slight frown on my face,
proceed to the right-side doors, opening them using the same procedure as with the left-side doors
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12239 on: February 25, 2013, 02:06:32 am »

(( Actually, I think it is Piecewise's success at narrating this fight that makes us cheer for Ivan. I mean, before this post I maybe thought of Ivan as 'bizarre' or 'scary' but I'd never even consider to apply term 'sexy' to an eldritch demon. Stupid awesome GM. ))

With a slightly amused smile, Maurice increased his speed a tiny bit as well, following Lyra as she continued opening the doors.
Continue being a sidekick.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 814 815 [816] 817 818 ... 2101