_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 813 814 [815] 816 817 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5930318 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: I told you.
« Reply #12210 on: February 24, 2013, 03:09:55 am »

((How about we agree that everyone is screwed and that using extreme measures with planning now is better than thinking about how we could have engaged Ivan the Demonic Cicada))
((Yeah, let's go with that. Anyone have ideas?))
((Run.))
((Our main vectors of attack were the amp-users, since they're the only ones able to mostly bypass both Ivan's speed and his armor. In that regard, our disparate "plan of attack" was sound, just gang up on him and distract him long enough for somebody to fry him. Now that we don't seem to have any ampers handy, we need to pool firepower and blast away, hoping to wear him down before he cuts down our numbers. No point running, he's faster than everyone here.))
((Victor's turret and Zephyris's crystalline projector may be able to slow down Ivan and keep a few small wounds open. Renen seems to be the only person who stands much of a chance in CQB but his luck may run out plus the ClF3 rounds and malignant crystals may hit him if he engages Ivan in CQB.

If we hold out long enough for the veterans to return, we would have sufficient firepower.

We have four last ditch options: the unknown flask which for all we know could be the alien equivalent of Pandora's box (which is being unleashed at this moment), the crystalline projector's injector bayonet that Zephyris doesn't know about (not to mention how risky it would be to use it since it's a melee weapon), Anton's Red Hand which can send out electric discharges (his subconsciousness is trying to unload it right now) and the turret's fail-deadly (which will simultaneously detonate every single remaining round).

Of these, the flask is probably single use but with longer lasting effects, the injector bayonet uses one bullet and is risky, the Red Hand probably recharges due to it's generator, the turret's fail-deadly will render it inoperable upon use.

Off the main two people in danger, Morul is the most vital as his vision allows him to provide us with intel on Ivan. Michael is also useful due to his +1 uncon and microwave manipulator but isn't in the most suitable position for extraction.

If we can, we should find an organ or system that is not spread out or backed up. Severing Ivan's spine may work but the lattice of tentacles that are attached to his spines may act as a backup neural pathway. If we can find what allows him to mutate or regenerate, that will be our top priority. We need to keep our distance, Ivan's sheer power allows him to kill via blitzkrieg thus we must force it to become a battle of attrition to exploit our greater numbers and soon-to-come reinforcements.

If the crystalline projector, laser or turret manages to punch a hole in Ivan's armor and expose his muscles, would Red Hand be able to induce a spasm?))
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 03:37:45 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12211 on: February 24, 2013, 03:55:11 am »

Take a shot at Ivan with my gauss rifle, as long as there's not a less than half-dead ally in the way- if there is, wait for an opening.
You scramble for your rifle, dragging your dead lower body, and try to get into position to take a shot. By the time you have the gun and are actually pointed in Ivan's direction he's cleared the VR machines and is out of your line of sight.

"Damn it!"
I finally have a clear shot at the target but someone's pinned to him...
If I take the shot, it probably wouldn't dodge it in time. However, the other person might get caught in the blast.
If I let the target attack my teammate, the person stuck to him and the wounded person will probably die.

"To the person pinned to the cicada, would you like me to try and give you more time to get off? It may kill you, but it may give you more time."

If the pinned person (Corsair) declines:
Victor fires at the ground that will be right behind Ivan by the time the bullet hits. The location is close enough to catch Ivan in legs with splash damage but far away enough not to severely harm anyone else (minor burns are fine).

If the pinned person (Corsair) accepts:

Victor fires a shot ahead of Ivan to create a blast between Ivan and the wounded unit (Kisame). He ensures that Ivan has a chance to dodge the blast at the cost of temporarily stopping his attack on the wounded unit. If Ivan tries to go around the blast to attack, Victor will fire a second shot to block off Ivan's path.

Regardless of circumstance if Ivan attacks the turret, Victor will detonate the magazine at the last possible moment.

(I've only got the stats for Charles, so I'm using him from now on.)
[con:5]

You put a single round into Ivan's path, raising a burst of flame and poison gas like a particularly malevolent smoke bomb. Ivan doesn't move around it. He doesn't stop either. He plows right through it and comes out on the other side. Now he's angry AND on fire.

((Well ummm))
Get off the hyper realistic murder-coaster"Whatever plan you have victor I am happy to do whatever as long as Ivan dying is somehow part of that plan"
[str:5-1]
[end:6]

You plant your hands on Ivan's shoulder and, with a  rather horrible crunching, gurgling sound, tear yourself off the spikes. You go flying like a man leaping out of a moving car, landing half way across the room, bleeding out but at least not on fire.

Store my remaining half doors in or in front of my locker, try to find some tools that i can use to shape the doors into useable armor. stay away from the rec room.
Once tools are found buy a large bag of bolts from the armory master and set to work on shaping and fitting the armor, engrave ivans face on the faceplate for protection.

I gotta get me some properly shaped armor affixed with something stronger than duct tape...
Lockerman the flimsy may be awesome, but Dorf the Lockerknight stands a much better chance of survival.
You head to the armory, carrying some left over door parts and clanking like a steel furnace filled with ball bearings falling down a flight of stairs. The armory master gives you an odd look as you enter, asking about tools with which to work on your armor.

"Are those the doors from the lockers?"

Take the shot if possible.
(Gonna assume you want to use the laser)

[con:2]
You take a wild potshot at Ivan as he flies across the room like a falling star with a giant murder stiffy, but you miss entirely.

Faced with the rapidly changing situation, Anton's brain locked up. There is no solution, and no time to think of one. His brain no longer able to help matters, his body took the fight into its own appendages.

Calling Will roll. If successful, continuous fire downrange at the mutant, not caring for targets in the way or collateral, until the hand laser battery drains or the fight one way or another resolves. If failed, make a break for the exit and the Armory, seeking protection from better equipped people.

"It's been fun, guys. Well, not really."

You immediately turn tail and sprint out of the room now that Ivan is distracted. You shove past the people in the doorway and keep going toward the armory.

((I have an amp, not a manipulator, so I should still be armed. Buutt... it's time to take a bigger risk.))

Unseal that flask.

You unseal the flask. Something, you're not sure what, a gaseous thing, like a cloud of free floating neon light bursts from the open bottle and into your head. A moment later you're hearing voices. And not the normal ones.

"Oh god, what the fuck is this? Where the hell am I? WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING?!"

".."
Try to get a better aim at him, preferably at his bad shoulder. Shoot him if possible, avoiding friendly fire except for the not so healthy looking guy pinned to him. Give him a moment to try to get off and away though.

[con:5]
You point your brand new crystalline projector at Ivan and fire. A shard of crystal the size of a grain of rice zips across the room and embeds itself in ivans back. And it begins to grow. It spreads violently, scraping against his carapace armor, stabbing into the spaces between the plates. But then something happens; the strange fluid thing on ivan's back, that was till now completely docile, reacts. It begins flooding over ivan, protecting him from the crystal's stabbing blows.

Both the crystal and the liquid armor spread over Ivan, cocooning half his body in a violent, struggling mass of alien semi-life.

Open fire on Ivan.

By the time ivan has cleared the VR machines and is near you he's on fire, trailing a cloud of poison gas, and the battle ground for two hostile alien weapons. It's an odd sort of thing to see. You pull the trigger anyways.

The gun discoballs; the laser refracts randomly for a half a second, spraying errant beams in all directions and slicing the gun itself apart. You and Ivan both take the brunt of the hit; like a grenade packed with laser shrapnel went off in your hand.

You think you hurt him; though it's hard to tell between the laser fire mincing you into into pieces and Ivan slamming into you and tackling you into the wall. You have just enough time to think, "Yar" before you die.

Come to the door Lyra is standing next to. Open it.

"Civilian doctors. Cowards, weak of stomach and vision. No drive.
(( I... wonder if any medic of us qualifies for the Doctor's approval regarding those characteristics. Mesk, perhaps? ))
wait for maurice to reach/open the door, then look through.
do not go through the door.
do not frame myself in the doorway.
if maurice tries to go through rather than simply look through then extend my right arm across the doorway to block him.

Together you both open the door and peek into the room.

Inside is a cabin; or the interior of one. A rustic wooden thing with thick, warped glass windows and walls of stacked tree trunks, with a cobble stone hearth. A fire is burning in the hearth.

"Well, thats different."
"Civilian doctors. Cowards, weak of stomach and vision. No drive.
(( I... wonder if any medic of us qualifies for the Doctor's approval regarding those characteristics. Mesk, perhaps? ))
((Mesh fits squarely under "incompetent moron". And is it the first time The Doctor asked someone a question relating to their personal history? Woo-Hoo! Making history!))

Heh, couldn't agree with you more.

I worked as an inside agent. Was found, captured, tortured. Was mutilated, burned out eyes, damaged brain. The worst part, is that I had a great health insurance, but since I was no longer needed, the military told me to go fuck myself. So I was stuck with civilians.

((Request. Can we have a battle map of the Rec Room, with the exits and all the doors, VR Machines, Kitchen, TV, Tables, Food Dispenser, Training Machines, Air Ducts, and whatever else. Oh, and also Ivan, and everyone in the Rec Room. I know that as a person not fighting, I may not have the right to demand this, but it would help visualize this immensely.

Oh, and guys, this is totally your own fault for dying. This could have been planned so much better.))

"Hmm. Visual cortex damage. Repairable. Or upgradable. Synthetics. Spy, you say. Not a spy any longer I hope."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12212 on: February 24, 2013, 03:59:58 am »

((Hopefully I filled this out correctly.))
 Character sheet
[spoiler]Name: Victor Nox
Appearance: Average height, slightly slim build. Dark brown hair and bright blue eyes. Wears contact lenses that make his eyes seem dull and lifeless while making their color appear to be a dark shade of gray.
Personal information: Victor used to be the leader of an engineering squad. Although his squad was mainly responsible for maintenance and repair the equipment of combat units, he has seen a fair deal of skirmishes due to the group's proximity to the front lines. Victor often employed deception and lateral thinking to supplement his relative lack of skills. He has a certain degree of disregard for human life, least of all for his own, he tends to be unsettling, a trait that he picked up to gain slight advantages in psychological warfare. His contact lenses are an example of this trait. He volunteered into the HMRC after the rest of his squad was killed in action, he intends to either find a new line of work in the corps or die and rejoin his former comrades. Both options would suit him equally well.
Reason assigned to HMRC: Volunteer
Stats:
  Strength: 3
  Dexterity: 5
  Endurance: 5
  Charisma: 0
  Intelligence: 3
  Willpower: 4
Skills:
  Speech: 0
  Intuition: 1
  Handiwork: 0+
  Conventional Weapons: 2
  Unconventional Weapons: 1
  Exotic weapons: 0-
  Auxiliary systems: 0
  Medical tech: 1
Profession:Technician
Text: Navy blue, 11pt adale mono
Timezone: GMT+11 (NSW)
[/spoiler,
Victor opens fire on Ivan. It is initially aimed at Ivan's lower leg before quickly sweeping upwards. Use five shots, avoid hitting the crystal. Victor will attempt to hit any wounds Ivan has. He then remotely links his turret's camera feed to the wristpads of every HMRC inmate that isn't Ivan (including the ones on the mission if possible).
[Ammo: 24/30]
"Attention all HMRC units! Open fire upon Ivan, avoid hitting the crystal, aim for any wounds he has. Can the person with the crystalline projector please fire a few more into him? If any amp or manipulator users want to keep out of the line of fire, I can link my turret's camera feed to your wristpads so that you can get out of the battlefield."
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 05:05:25 am by Empiricist »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #12213 on: February 24, 2013, 04:17:27 am »

((Umm PW where am I in relation to my manipulator?))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12214 on: February 24, 2013, 04:36:30 am »

go to the next door on the left side, wait for Maurice, open when ready.
yet again, do not go through, do not frame myself in doorway, etc

((i'm willing to fast forward to opening all the doors without going through any of them.))

((EDIT: Rec Room scoreboard:
Ivan: 6
HMRC:5-1
eval: improving, you might have him crippled enough to avoid too many more casualties.
bah, who am i kidding.))
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 05:03:37 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12215 on: February 24, 2013, 04:41:45 am »

((Can someone please evac Corsair? He (and any other amp or manipulator user) can attack from the infirmary by using my turret's camera-feed as a spotter.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #12216 on: February 24, 2013, 04:43:46 am »

((Well empiricists idea sounds good))
After requesting immediate evac when Ivan isn't concentrating on me try and get rid of the liquid stuff by heating it with my manipulator till it goes away

« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 04:47:09 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12217 on: February 24, 2013, 05:01:52 am »

ummm... yeah... i needed something to put beween me and ivan

So can i borrow those tools? And buy some bolts?...please?

borrow the armory masters tools, buy enough bolts to securely fasten my armor to my suit once its complete, begin constructing my armor. Focus helmet armor with removeable faceplate and chest plating first, then shoulder and leg armor, then finally armor for my arms and hands/feet. Bring up extra doors from my locker as necessary and make sure that jims nameplate is attached to my chest armor and that the suits thermal exhaust isnt obstructed.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 07:38:43 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #12218 on: February 24, 2013, 05:11:34 am »

"Whoa. That went straight to my head..."

Assess the situation. Think about it. In detail. Also crawl to the door, slowly.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12219 on: February 24, 2013, 05:55:59 am »

Take out bolt action rifle and shoot at Ivan.

((I wonder...?))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12220 on: February 24, 2013, 06:11:18 am »

((Wheeee))

If he were present to see it, the discoballing laser rifle would have given Anton a great idea to upgrade his abandoned daisycutter grenade. But as he was, he kept running towards the Armory, stopping only once inside and standing at a corner opposite the entrance, his only weapon pointing at it shakily until the survival instinct let go and allowed him to regain his breath.

Double time it to the Armory, plop down on the nearest sittable surface opposite the exit, and calm down. Respond to amused looks or witty comments with "Yeah, I bet you never saw a fat guy run this fast before.". Mental condition allowing, examine the Red Hand. Would it be possible to jury-rig the laser itself to work from the generator without upgrading either?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12221 on: February 24, 2013, 06:26:23 am »

"Aye!"

Shoot Ivan some more. Fuel the fluid-crystal-war. For the crystals!
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12222 on: February 24, 2013, 07:08:05 am »

((If I remember correctly, people with a good endurance (or was it will?) roll can actually survive the crystals and become stronger for it. So instead of a biological terror you'll end up with a crystalline terror.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12223 on: February 24, 2013, 07:11:37 am »

((That's just the bayonet injector. The shots don't have that feature. Zephyris doesn't know about that function either.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12224 on: February 24, 2013, 09:03:31 am »

((So THAT'S what that armor does.  IIRC he still has the Panacea-ish on him somewhere- whoever lands the killshot should get that.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 813 814 [815] 816 817 ... 2101