_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 796 797 [798] 799 800 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5921282 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Don't poke the arch-demon.
« Reply #11955 on: February 16, 2013, 10:52:58 pm »

Whats the bet none of us can even harm ivan let alone incapacitate him?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #11956 on: February 16, 2013, 11:12:34 pm »

((Cool my question was the first answered, and in less cool news I've forgotten my characters name, but I do remember he is now jaded and has realised the universes evil and the only person he doesn't ignore on the ship is Jim.))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11957 on: February 16, 2013, 11:20:30 pm »

(I believe your char's name is Bruce. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #11958 on: February 16, 2013, 11:36:50 pm »

((Thanks serious, It's just because I don't have a little bio thing on the first page of the main thread, now I remember, still annoyed by my disembowelment.))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11959 on: February 16, 2013, 11:39:59 pm »

(No problem, I had a bit of trouble myself remembering if it was Mason or Bruce that was your first character. >.>;)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11960 on: February 17, 2013, 12:26:20 am »

((Edited out due to past midnight brain fart.))
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 12:28:45 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11961 on: February 17, 2013, 01:06:05 am »

As long as Ivan doesn't attack I'm just gonna skip over the people who are saying to get ready to shoot. I see ya, I just don't want to type the same thing 10 times.

(@Thearpox: Piecewise has a mic and basically we send him in questions about the game and he answers them, like a podcast. There's a previous one in this thread somewhere, but I can't remember the exact post, sorry. ^^^;)
((Yeah, not searching for that. That would spoil a lot of stuff for me. But thanks anyway.
Do we get to see our god?))
God? Certainly not. Devilishly handsome? Maybe.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

To hell with the squishy sack im jumping on the incapacitate ivan bandwagon

head over to the armory to buy a laser rifle and grab my batchip program.
Once im armed head over to the cower before ivan bandwagon and go with the flow.
Also upload my program to my suit if that doesnt require a roll.

You get as far as buying the rifle and installing the chip/program stuff, but getting back to Ivan is beyond your means for this time. Perhaps a good thing, depending upon what the lower posts shall hold.

((Wireless energy transmission is nothing fancy, just a pair of coils. In fact, it's the perfect way to make a universal plug with a fixed-output generator, because the coupling can itself act as a power transformer. All you need to do is make receiver couplers shaped to fit into battery compartments of various guns, and sell them separately of the generator pack. It's how the Heavy Modular Suit was going to supply power to its mounted guns.))

"Thank you, ma'am. That will be acceptable."

Anton accepts the deal, trading the extra hand laser and 3 token for the generator and assorted parts.

"Now, let's find ourselves a place to work." he says to himself, walking off in search of a table.

Find the nearest table or workbench (not inside the Rec room), lay the parts and the handlaser out on it, and focus. Examine the generator and see what modifications it requires. Consult the saved schematic and recall the construction of the VR prototype.

Then take a deep breath and start assembly of the first Red Hand electrolaser gauntlet.

[Handi: 2+1+1]
Well, you get the Generator together alright, but it's a bit flawed. It will only be able to activate in bursts of about 45 seconds and then will need to recoup for 15 seconds or so before firing again. Not perfect, but hey, Fire fights never last very long around here anyways.

"Okay guys, I have a plan. Everybody back away slowly. And don't shoot him. Take aim, but don't shoot."

Grab a beer, and offer it to the demon.

"Alright demon. I know there is a human in there somewhere, because we aren't dead yet. Now, why don't you just come down off the ceiling, and we can talk about this. No one has to get hurt."

((Because beer solves everything. Plus I remember his kill-switch, and his mercury armor, and his panacea-ish.))

You grab a beer and wave it at Ivan, slowing swinging it in wide arcs to try and capture his attention. He looks at it- or more accurately a series of eyes on the back of his head open up in response to it-and slowly drops from the ceiling and moves to you. There is something very strange about how he walks, like he's straining against himself. He looks at the bottle with a blank, uncomprehending stare.

(( As Maurice doesn't know about the planned attack (only slightly suspicious because of Anton's words), he'll join you guys as soon as he figures out what's happening. Or is told by someone. Or hears the screams. :3 ))
That would be very kind of you, thank you very much. Should we start now, or wait until later? I'm probably as good as I'll ever be.
Ask.

"You realize where you're going, you may not be coming back, right?"

If hostilities begin with Ivan, attack him by cutting off his head/sensing organs with my sword. Otherwise, simple line up my strike.

((Yeah, the only reason I say nanotech for the plugs is because it wouldn't be used in a 'magical' manner overly much-just have it fill in the contacts. And would the ion cannon be free due to prototype, or would I have to pay for it?))
(We'll worry about prototyping if it ever gets made. But, like I said, if it costs 50 tokens or something, then no.)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11962 on: February 17, 2013, 01:09:47 am »

((:o

That's all I can say. That... that smile...))

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #11963 on: February 17, 2013, 01:28:30 am »

((You...You have a pipe in that picture, may I start a cult for you?))
So how are you today?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Devilishly handsome GM
« Reply #11964 on: February 17, 2013, 03:00:50 am »

(( I like your style, good sir.  8) It certainly complements the image of you your jests aimed at us, puny mortals, create and makes clear for everyone who sees you that this particular person knows full well the true meaning of Fun. And that running away from him screaming might actually be a good idea.))
Maurice half-smiled at the little lady who stood next to him, but said nothing and turned to answer the Armory Master's question instead.
Yes. ... Yes, I do. Yet if the same happens on a mission, a whole bunch of good people might die because of that, and I'd rather die now, than let them down then and there.
Accept the training offer. 'Tis a fine day to get mindfucked to death.
((@GM There are a couple of missed actions, I believe, namely Lenglon's and Empiricist's, but I'll proceed as if they were carried out. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11965 on: February 17, 2013, 03:08:51 am »

((Thanks for everyone who answered my questions.

Also, Fun With Numbers:))
((Ahhhhh, I love inconclusive statistics gathering.

You'll want to use the table tags to get everything to line up, though it is more effort than just typing everything out and tabbing it around. It's that 3x3 grid button below Font Face and to the far left of the spoiler button. The td tags are for items in a colum, the tr for a new row.

Like sotakes some copy+pasting
Also pieDerp
))

((:o

That's all I can say. That... that smile...))
((I didn't think much of that image when I first saw it, but the more I look at it now, the more normal it'd seem for him to be selecting knives for a jolly ol' project.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11966 on: February 17, 2013, 03:15:56 am »

That would be very kind of you, thank you very much. Should we start now, or wait until later? I'm probably as good as I'll ever be.
upon hearing this, move to stand adjacent to him, facing the AM. assume my best 4-foot-librarian version of the military "at ease" position. attempt to make and maintain eye contact with the AM without moving from that position.
"You realize where you're going, you may not be coming back, right?"
Maurice half-smiled at the little lady who stood next to him, but said nothing and turned to answer the Armory Master's question instead.
Yes. ... Yes, I do. Yet if the same happens on a mission, a whole bunch of good people might die because of that, and I'd rather die now, than let them down then and there.
Accept the training offer. 'Tis a fine day to get mindfucked to death.
((@GM There are a couple of missed actions, I believe, namely Lenglon's and Empiricist's, but I'll proceed as if they were carried out. ))
nod once
((although my quoted above action was missed, it's pretty easy to run with it))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11967 on: February 17, 2013, 03:20:14 am »

thank the armory master for the program, dim my visor until i cant see then activate the echolocation display.
Walk back to the rec room and behold the spectacle in weird electric blue greyscale vision.
If ivan attacks the guy with the beer undim my vision and shoot ivan in as many eyes as possible,
If ivan does not attack try to find something i can modify and attach to my faceplate as armor.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11968 on: February 17, 2013, 04:04:05 am »

'Tis a fine day to get mindfucked to death.

((Ah, it's the AM, she nearly always rolls perfectly. From what we've seen, at least. Better than the Dok.

Also, PW looks like he's a jolly old chap... when he's selecting his best skinning knives for an attempt to make human leather.))
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 04:11:45 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11969 on: February 17, 2013, 04:07:42 am »

Quote from: Irony_Owl
((Ahhhhh, I love inconclusive statistics gathering.

You'll want to use the table tags to get everything to line up, though it is more effort than just typing everything out and tabbing it around. It's that 3x3 grid button below Font Face and to the far left of the spoiler button. The td tags are for items in a colum, the tr for a new row.

Like so   takes some copy+pasting
Also pie   Derp
))
((Alright, I will try to use that from now on (and to figure it out). And there will be no pie-abominations. Those heretics who turned away from the monouse of simple tables will  be crushed and (insert favorite torture here):P

EDIT: Whoops. Sorry Pariah.))
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 10:53:48 am by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?
Pages: 1 ... 796 797 [798] 799 800 ... 2101