_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 792 793 [794] 795 796 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5920693 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Don't poke the arch-demon.
« Reply #11895 on: February 14, 2013, 02:18:13 am »

look over both my shoulders then poke it with my flamethrower, incinerate it if some kind of mutant or alien pops out, if no alien bursts out kick the can over.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11896 on: February 14, 2013, 02:21:08 am »

look around, listen to the intro speech from post 1, get some clothes on (if given options, single-color clothes, if lucky then dark blue), and start wandering aimlessly about the ship, familiarizing myself with where to find what and suchlike.
get out of the way of anyone moving nearby, and avoid crowded areas. (crowded == 5+ people) avoid eye contact unless directly addressed.

after running out of comfortable places to go wander back to the armory, stand in an out of the way corner and observe the various people passing through, and the items being offered.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 02:22:48 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11897 on: February 14, 2013, 02:31:35 am »

((As a reminder, I've got potential plans for Ivan once/if I get back on ship. Just something else you might want to consider amongst all your other decisionmaking.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11898 on: February 14, 2013, 02:37:30 am »

Is it bad i want to make an ivansuit?

Sort of like:
Braincase->synthetic interface->demon body
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11899 on: February 14, 2013, 02:41:13 am »

Is it bad i want to make an ivansuit?

Sort of like:
Braincase->synthetic interface->demon body
((I was wondering if this would be viable for synthflesh a while back, but I never checked up on it.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11900 on: February 14, 2013, 02:54:27 am »

"Alright, I'll do that then."

Anton saves the project, downloads a schematic of it to the wristpad, and takes off the VR machine's helmet. He squints, adjusting his eyesight back to reality, and looks around. A few people seem to be cautiously examining a... thing that climbs along the ceiling. "...мать твою.. sweet merciful crap." The appearance of the thing does not seem particularly friendly to Anton, and his pair of cheap-as-dirt little hand-lasers doesn't quite fill him with confidence. He cautiously backs out of the Rec room, trying not to turn his back on the mutant ninja cricket, and walks briskly to the Armory.

"Greetings, ma'am." he addresses the Armory Master. "Steve has suggested that I ask you for assistance in this project of mine. Or rather, with acquiring some parts for it." Anton displays the project schematics on the wristpad, and explains in brief the purpose of the device. "...and to complete it, I need a generator unit matching these parameters, as well as a means to create the spark gap and mount the whole thing on the suit's forearm. And I have only 3 token left. Or 4, if I am allowed to trade my second hand laser back for its original price. Can I get the required parts for that price?"

Anton thinks a moment, and adds "Also, there seems to be a chitinous carapaced creature with claws climbing along the ceiling of the rec room. I haven't been here long, and that kind of thing is rather disconcerting to me, so I was wondering if it's... normal around here."

Leave VR, converse with Armory Master.

((Somebody should really ask Steve to try and electrocute Ivan. If it succeeds, good. If not, we might have a double-TPK, both on ship and on mission. Win-win. :P))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11901 on: February 14, 2013, 02:59:42 am »

(( Quick, do we have any doors anywhere? I can remember at least one, leading to the back of infirmary. Perhaps we could ask the Doctor very nicely to allow us to stand behind during the fight.
Or we could try and make our own, 100% genuine wooden door - just remember that if he sniffs us doing that, he'll take that a declaration of war as clear as if we tried (and failed) to nuke him. We'll have to proceed with caution and discretion.))
Actually, I'm not sure - perhaps I could ask someone with an appropriate amp to try penetrating my mind and make me do something (hop in place, for a less dangerous example) and learn how to resist that the hard way. Or I could just get some psychoactive drugs and go reading/watching those great eldritch-horror-describing books and movies of the past - Lovecraftian series, New Lovecraftian series, Alien Space Ponies: Horrors are Reality, R'lyeh Wars IV: A New Dread, whatever else there is - even the Altered Wars documentaries, for what they are worth. And there was also... well, alright, there wasn't ever a strange painting, which could not theoretically be what made me cleave someone's throat, so it's not possible for me to try remembering and re-experiencing what didn't happen to me back then in order for a rematch. Except if I do try something like that, I won't forget to put on a straightjacket just in case.
Those damned space ponies, the scariest of them all... Just how could they get into that anomaly? Or was I mistaken about their participation in the ruination of that tower?..
Talk. Also, remember the tower from the last mission and re-evaluate the possibility of the alien ponies causing its destruction.
((A little humor goes a long way :P ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11902 on: February 14, 2013, 03:57:11 am »

((I can't seem to find a visual description of Anton, could you let me know what I'm looking at?))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11903 on: February 14, 2013, 03:58:48 am »

Deciding that the gigantic demon cicada is not a threat to the non-lightfitting members of the ship, Victor walks back to the armory (he only took a few steps out of it anyway).
"What are we supposed to do about that demonic cicada?" he asks the Armory Master.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 05:34:04 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11904 on: February 14, 2013, 04:39:40 am »

((I just though of doing a similar thing with Ivan by combining this weird disease thing with synthflesh and hopefully create supersynthflesh or something similar, then use it in an avatar. ))

Decide to freeze Ivan instead and once frozen take him to the doctor and tell him of my plans/ideas.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11905 on: February 14, 2013, 04:49:57 am »

((I can't seem to find a visual description of Anton, could you let me know what I'm looking at?))
((Ah right, I never posted a sheet here, only in PM. Well, here's what I sent to Piecewise:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Not much to look at, I'd say. :P))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11906 on: February 14, 2013, 07:01:59 am »

Continue watching Ivan and being on guard.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11907 on: February 14, 2013, 09:19:52 am »

((Lars is glad he's not on the ship right now.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11908 on: February 14, 2013, 09:23:45 am »

((I'm not sure which I'd prefer, being stuck in an enclosed space with a borderline-murderous supermutant ex-teammate, or being stuck in a rapidly decompressing makeshift rocket-propelled elevator full of soon-to-be-ex-teammates...))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11909 on: February 14, 2013, 09:37:28 am »

((Touché.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 792 793 [794] 795 796 ... 2101