_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 790 791 [792] 793 794 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5921000 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Crushing dreams and skulls.
« Reply #11865 on: February 12, 2013, 04:31:06 am »

((Thanks for the info, have got any ideas as to how such problems could be avoided, allowing for much higher power, longer usage ect (essentially something or way of using the materials and techniques available to make the beam rifle as powerful as possible). Also you mention radiation, would it happen to be electromagnetic, because a magnetic manipulator may be able to deal with that. Finally if you have any suggestions as to how to make the weapon more viable/work better could you tell me please?))

Ask Steve where this supposed/perceived demon is &/or the guy who was yelling about it and run there.
Upon arrival find out if there actually is a problem, if there is then use the manipulator to flash heat it to 15 000 degrees centigrade while hiding from the ensuing furnace heat.

"Hey crazy guy might wanna move as that rooms soon gonna be a furnace!that is if you aren't actually crazy"
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11866 on: February 12, 2013, 04:45:29 am »

((I have a feeling the Rec room is soon going to need another renovation... and I'm going to need another character. XD

Most radiation is electromagnetic in some shape or form, except the particle radiation (alpha/beta, IIRC, and some of the exotic particle ones), but what you're planning to do here is impossible to make as a handheld weapon. Look in the armory for a Fusion Instigator - what you want works at similar power levels. Your weapon, even if successfully created and assembled, will only work in vacuum (that is, without frying the user and everything for several miles around), and is more than likely to just melt itself after firing off a shot.

If you really want to make a high-power particle weapon, start with things you know that work already. The electrolaser I'm making is, at its most basic, also a particle weapon, shooting a stream of charged particles (electrons), just sans a particle accelerator. Find a way to store and contain a ridiculous level of energy, then dump it into a self-containing carrier medium that can deliver it to the target. If you want a suggestion from the crazy guy who almost blew himself up and accidentally fried a few hundred people with a minivan-sized impromptu microwave cannon, you could try starting with a Plasma Projector and work from there. Find a way to change the shape of the containment field for the shot, strengthen it, then use it as a carrier for your energy blast. Something like that.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11867 on: February 12, 2013, 07:12:12 am »

((And now the other tip- one usually shouldn't use superweapons while onboard the ship.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11868 on: February 12, 2013, 07:17:49 am »

Take out katana then move to a teammate while watching the ceiling where Ivan probably is. Be prepared to defend self at a moments notice.

To teammates on private channel if possible:"Ivan is on the ceiling."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11869 on: February 12, 2013, 07:32:17 am »

((And now the other tip- one usually shouldn't use superweapons while onboard the ship.))
((It'd have to be a pretty darn powerful superweapon to damage the ship from within VR. :P))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11870 on: February 12, 2013, 08:14:18 am »

... Arm the enemy soldiers with laser rifles, while I'm armed with a Flame Amp & laser pistol.
Following previous instructions, do a few more rounds.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11871 on: February 12, 2013, 11:04:59 pm »

"Thanks. The name's Gorat "Chin" Ivanos."

Go back to the rec room.

"Uh, what's the commotion?"

You head to the rec room and find everyone knee deep in their own...anxiety, for lack of a better word.

"I wanna order an automanip similar to the ones you use in your main guns, only scaled down to work with a gauss rifle."

Exit VR, then find the boy who yelled demon.

"The fuck are you on?"
>Thats a bit overkill isn't it? Like taking a handgun and strapping a tank to it as an accessory.

The boy who yelled demon is standing over by the couch, continuing to yell demon. Repeatedly. In a high, grating, tone that makes your eyes itch.

slowly walk over towards the side of the roof the trashcan sound came from, cautiously look over the edge and listen carefully, look over my shoulder after a few seconds and if i see it boost dodge aeay from its attack and shoot it with my flamer

You tip toe over to the edge of the roof and look down into the alleyway. The trashcan wasn't knocked over. Someone just threw something into it. Something squirming.

I see. Thank you for these words of wisdom and competence. Just one more thing on that topic: would you recommend or recommend against pitting one's mind against smaller horrors in order to temper the will and prepare oneself for the real mindfuck? Strictly off-mission, of course.
Or is there an easier way?

Ask.

"Such things are hard to do correctly. You'll always know, somewhere in the back of your mind, that you're not really in danger. That makes it hard to really get 'experience'."

((Once again Zephyris is mistaken for a guy D: ..and we need more Ivan-induced paranoia. And TV-remote-weaponry))

"What the...? Where .."
Zephyris, visibly shaken, turned to the people stepping out of the VR's "It's Ivan, that...guy that looked like some kind of abomination from some random corner of hell. I think he kinda wants to live up to his appearance. Did no one notice him moving away from his corner!? Anyways, watch out."
"Where could he have gone now!? What the hell is going on? How comes no one else..oh yes, he should know!".
"Steve!? Where is Ivan? And didn't you call him more or less safe?", something else came to mind,"By the way, does the TV normally spaz out randomly to shout eerie messages at people about flesh being weak or something?"

She then proceeded to put her back against a wall to prevent anything from sneaking up from behind, holding her trusty probably useless TV remote in hand.

Retreat to nearest wall. Check Ivans corner again just to make sure he's really gone. In case he makes his move: Be ready to cut him to pieces with my lightsaber-remote throw the remote at him as a distraction and hide behind my properly armed teammates.

Edit: Also check the ceiling. If he's there skip to the hiding part of the above and stay away from below him.

(you name is gender neutral (least it is to me) and you haven't been on a mission yet so you're still in that gray zone of faceless meat in my head. Once you get a mission under your belt, I'll remember you better. Sorry about that.)

You look up. Ivan is crawling along the ceiling, a mass of squirming chitin and buzzing wings. You very slowly start backing up, moving for the door while holding the remote out in front of you like a talisman.

((About the ion cannons: yeah, I did some moer research, and it seems that the beam does disperse after a few kilometers, and there are tons of other issues too.

Manipulator questions:
Can you create variable for automatic manipulators (such as a dial to change range, or the like)
How small do automated amps come?
How fast can force/vector amps propel something in one 'push'?

Other questions: what kinds/sizes of generators are available? Can lasers run off generators?))

Scan the room for possible enemies/attackers.
(Nope, size of a deck of cards, depends on the size, weight, and density of the something. All kinds, too many to list. And yes. )

Well, Ivan is crawling on the ceiling, but he's not attacking...he's just sort of chittering around a light fixture.

((Anton is trying pretty much the same thing with the Heavy combat suit, except also having an exoskeleton. Generators can power anything, the problem is that the bigger ones will dish out more power than the smaller weapons and gear can handle. So you'll need power transformers and/or capacitor banks for such a system to work.

Also, I think I'll just conduct the experimentation through an action.))

Bring up list of available power generators. Estimate costs of such generators powerful enough to run: a laser rifle, a Tesla Arc, and a Tesla Saber (not all at once, just one for each).

Attempt to use a Tesla Arc-level generator to create a shock gauntlet - a forearm piece mounting the generator (if possible, otherwise make it a backpack version), leading to a pair of arc rods on the "glove" to create an open spark. The array should be sufficiently sturdy to endure the stress of being used as a punching implement.

If successful, devise a way to combine the gauntlet with the Hand Laser in a way that would allow it to be used as an electrolaser.

- I think the thing we were doing is that a generator to power something is twice the cost it's battery. However, when it comes to tesla arcs they're built to break so it would be more. Now, if you just want to make a spark gap/jacob's ladder to arc current into the laser, a generator to do that would just be 4 token or so.

-Yeah, you can make this thing easy. Shock gauntlet like that is easy, and putting a laser through the arc is easy too. Just taking apart a hand laser and sticking the shooty bit to the back of your hand so it fires through the arc.

Victor exit the airlock with his newly assembled weapon and walks to the armory.
"Steve, did I miss anything while I was in the airlock?"

Nothing major. At least not yet.

((Thanks for the info, have got any ideas as to how such problems could be avoided, allowing for much higher power, longer usage ect (essentially something or way of using the materials and techniques available to make the beam rifle as powerful as possible). Also you mention radiation, would it happen to be electromagnetic, because a magnetic manipulator may be able to deal with that. Finally if you have any suggestions as to how to make the weapon more viable/work better could you tell me please?))

Ask Steve where this supposed/perceived demon is &/or the guy who was yelling about it and run there.
Upon arrival find out if there actually is a problem, if there is then use the manipulator to flash heat it to 15 000 degrees centigrade while hiding from the ensuing furnace heat.

"Hey crazy guy might wanna move as that rooms soon gonna be a furnace!that is if you aren't actually crazy"

(gonna assume thats pointed at Pyro)

You run to the Wrec room and look at Ivan. It's hard to say if he's a threat or not...he's not really doing anything threatening...just kinda freaky.

Take out katana then move to a teammate while watching the ceiling where Ivan probably is. Be prepared to defend self at a moments notice.

To teammates on private channel if possible:"Ivan is on the ceiling."

You whip out your razor sharp penis substitute and stand between zyph...zeyh...Zipper lady and Ivan, pointing the blade at him.

... Arm the enemy soldiers with laser rifles, while I'm armed with a Flame Amp & laser pistol.
Following previous instructions, do a few more rounds.

Winning against multiple attackers like this is gonna be pretty hard. Like, 80% death rate on your part, if not higher. Ya'll ain't no rambo.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11872 on: February 12, 2013, 11:06:47 pm »

may i hop in?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((i'm fully aware of the difficulty of roleplaying a non-talkative character, i can handle it.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11873 on: February 12, 2013, 11:14:18 pm »

((You're not the only one, Lenglon. I think there's been a mute character before, who may or may not be scuttling about the ventilation. Victor or somesuch.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11874 on: February 12, 2013, 11:18:59 pm »

((He was plenty talkative though, he just didn't like speaking because it was loud. I think he got himself a thought visualizer to communicate.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11875 on: February 12, 2013, 11:20:12 pm »

((aye, victor the roach-man. although i didn't get far enough back in the archives to read about how he got there, i remember someone running into him while trying to bypass a locked door by going through the vents, with steve talking to him the entire time))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11876 on: February 12, 2013, 11:25:48 pm »

"Ivan, are you able to talk?"

Stay on guard while I try to talk to Ivan.

((Could a manipulator accelerate subatomic particles to near lightspeed? Because of so, Ion cannons might be feasible in some manner, though it would still be complicated.

Another question:
Do most batteries connect to weapons in the same general manner, as in battery-weapon interface type? Basically, I'm asking of there's a semi-universal plug.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11877 on: February 13, 2013, 12:15:27 am »

investigate trashcan
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11878 on: February 13, 2013, 01:13:04 am »

((Would some sort of "path clearer" to create a vacuum ahead of the shot help with the whole deadly radiation thing? Also an interesting use of a magnetic manipulator is to chemically un-bond things (you rip out the electrons) and just turn things into their nucleui that are now cations and manipulating them aswell.))

Also incinerate Ivan if he does anything harful threatening or likewise
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11879 on: February 13, 2013, 01:55:23 am »

Victor scans the area around him for anything that may be a hazard and readies his weapon.
"What do you mean by 'not yet'? What's going on? Why are people screaming?"
If anything displays signs of hostility towards him (such as charging at him), Victor will open fire.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 ... 790 791 [792] 793 794 ... 2101