_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 788 789 [790] 791 792 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5921301 times)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Crushing dreams and skulls.
« Reply #11835 on: February 10, 2013, 06:57:30 am »

((It looks like another ship event is happening soon, hopefully I'll be back in action by then.))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #11836 on: February 10, 2013, 07:02:34 am »

"Hm, thanks. Would you be ok to send me a message if you happen to remember?"

Ask.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11837 on: February 10, 2013, 07:21:22 am »

Exit VR then go watch competitive knife throwing.

To Steve: "Where's Ivan?"

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11838 on: February 10, 2013, 09:31:36 am »

That would be most kind of you. I was not exactly aiming for becoming a mind Juggernaut, after all, more like having a slightly better chance of resisting that sort of influence.
Politely accept the Armory Master's offer.

((@MutzelRX Remember, if you cannot see him, he cannot see you. Also, things don't exist while they aren't observed by you. Just keep watching TV, nothing wrong can happen to you as long as your attention is completely focused on it. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11839 on: February 10, 2013, 10:14:16 am »

Just for the record, Denzen has his weapons on him at all times. Just saying.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11840 on: February 10, 2013, 10:19:16 am »

Well, the particles stay stable enough for two primary reasons. The first, according to the wikipedia article, is that the chamber of gas neutralizes the charges on the hydrogens, reducing soread due to ionization pulling/pushing. The second is that the particles are moving at near lightspeed, so there's not much time to spread out.

((Can I get a link to this wikipedia article that explains how to build a neutral particle cannon (It's not an ion cannon, "Ion" and "Neutral" contradict one another there)?

Also, don't forget, if you fire that thing in atmosphere, you might very well create Bremsstrahlung radiation, and that would be bad. As in, crank that thing up too much and we're talking soft cosmic rays, with a surface radiation level of over 500 grays. 10 grays means that you are guaranteed to die. 80 grays is the output of a theoretical neutron bomb to put AFV crews into a coma effectively instantly and death within a very, very high-end maximum of 24 hours.

This warning goes to anyone experimenting with particle weapons.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11841 on: February 10, 2013, 10:43:34 am »

"Steve? Could I order a custom automanipulator?"
Use the wierdvision to peer inside the gravity manipulator. Then spawn a gauss rifle, and a standard gauss round. Add three blades to the slug like an expanding broadhead. Spawn a human dummy, and shoot him with the modified slug. Observe effects.

((Eh. It was more a test for the limitations of a automanip, than anything else.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11842 on: February 10, 2013, 11:08:12 am »

((Experimenting with particle weapons was how Anton got into the HMRC. Well, he didn't know that what he was building was a particle weapon, but he found out soon after turning it on. He likely isn't going to be keen on experimenting in that direction anytime soon. :P))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11843 on: February 10, 2013, 02:24:06 pm »

((Experimenting with particle weapons was how Anton got into the HMRC. Well, he didn't know that what he was building was a particle weapon, but he found out soon after turning it on. He likely isn't going to be keen on experimenting in that direction anytime soon. :P))
((Wait, what? How did that happen? Was he just throwing scrap metal together, when he took a step back and said "Whoops. I made a particle weapon. Silly me."))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11844 on: February 10, 2013, 02:46:21 pm »

((Wait, what? How did that happen? Was he just throwing scrap metal together, when he took a step back and said "Whoops. I made a particle weapon. Silly me."))
((No, he thought he was making a closed-loop atomic lithium antimatter fusion conduit. The size of a minivan. Theoretically, mass-energy conversion efficiency in excess of 100%, and self-sustaining. Don't even ask how it was supposed to work, because he was clearly delusional, in that particular regard at least. He did apparently manage to build a high-energy helical particle accelerator though, that doubled as a highly focused induction heater slash ion cannon. The device burned a hole through the wall of his apartment/lab/workshop, and flash-vaporized all metal inside the apartment complex it was next to, including all of the building's superstructure. And subsequently exploded. Most of Anton's left side is covered in poorly healed burn marks.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11845 on: February 10, 2013, 02:53:54 pm »

"OH CRAP! He's behind me. He must be behind me. Where else would he be!? If I don't get away from him he'll kill me.
If I try to move he'll probably kill me as well. Still, I have to run..but my body won't move an inch
I have to stay calm. I'm sure the other guys here will...WHO THE HELL AM I KIDDING!? They didn't notice him sneaking up on me in the first place!
Screw it all! I'm not gonna be any demon's dinner."

Muster my will and courage to leap away from whatever's behind me and keep my distance to it.
Look around for anything that could be used as a weapon, stay alert.
Also alert teammates in the rec room.

"Hey, guys in the VR's! I hate to keep you from your no doubt great inventions, but Mr. Demon here asks for your attention!"
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11846 on: February 10, 2013, 09:07:23 pm »

Chaz was about to try a combat situation using the VR, until he was interrupted by someone. Ehh... is it really that bad?

Have the VR create a random map.
Have the VR spawn enemy soldiers, starting at a skill level of Recruit.
Have a few rounds against them using what weapons I currently have.
Every time I win: Increase skill level by one rank. Every time I lose: Lower skill rank by one.
Respond to the voice with:

"What Demon? I just got here!"
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11847 on: February 10, 2013, 09:30:07 pm »

Save progress (of particle cannon, if it was possible) and step out of VR, monoatomic sword at the ready.

"Who's bothering me?"
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 11:27:56 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11848 on: February 11, 2013, 12:53:46 am »

((A demons you say?, Also event though that radiation sounds extremely bad the suits are highly resistant to radiation although keeping the radiation below the max tolerance for the suits would be good although I cant wait to field test as the theroised effects
sounded pretty brutal(nigh instantaneous superheating and massive kinetic energy transfer. ) Also here is the article pyro: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Particle_beam_weapon))

Addendum;
Upon hearing the screams of the madman about Demons or something and postulating that something weird has occured, Save and password protect project and go buy a microwave manipulator and then find this supposed "demon".
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11849 on: February 11, 2013, 02:04:39 am »

Hey guys, my head is hurting pretty good tonight, probably mspaint poisoning, so I'm gonna put you off until tomorrow morning. Worry not, I shall be back to stare in dumb confusion at your physics super weapons soon.
Pages: 1 ... 788 789 [790] 791 792 ... 2101