_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 785 786 [787] 788 789 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5921690 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Crushing dreams and skulls.
« Reply #11790 on: February 06, 2013, 10:41:59 am »

((Oh okay, thanks. I guess I can do it after all since I have -1 (no points in handiwork), +1 (Technician) and +1 (VR assembly practice).))

((You should be fine then.  The +1 from practice is a modular bonus, which means it goes -1, 0, or +1 to bring you toward five as needed.  That turns your final roll possibilities into 2 3 4 5 5 5.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11791 on: February 06, 2013, 10:48:36 am »

((Also, don't worry if it won't work the first time. You can usually disassemble the weapon into components, then remake it.

Go Tinkers! :D))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11792 on: February 06, 2013, 12:17:24 pm »

Stab him in the face!

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11793 on: February 06, 2013, 12:54:54 pm »

*pain grunts*

Uuugghhh. Calm down, just get up and ignore the pain.

Get up, try to rest and cope with the pain.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #11794 on: February 06, 2013, 02:37:01 pm »

"Eh, ok. While I'm here, why don't I check..."

See if there's some kind of image- or holo- or whatever-based search that could be used to research the identity of my "artifacts".
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11795 on: February 06, 2013, 04:36:39 pm »

((@GM I think you missed me. Twice in a row. Have I somehow angered thee, O Mighty Piecewise? ))
I see... Well, I presume that some of the 'drones' are quite better than others at what they do, right? Who are the most notable physicians here - apart from the Doctor, of course?
Ask.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 05:08:14 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11796 on: February 06, 2013, 05:52:16 pm »

"...Oh." Chaz was slightly disappointed at the results, but he did just get his Amp: He'd get better over time.
Grabbing the plate, Chaz was about to eat... I think it's a steak? Anyway, he was about to eat it until he glanced at the VR machines.

'Hmm... I could practice my combat skills using one of those.'

Tossing the plate away, he began to head for an open machine.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11797 on: February 07, 2013, 12:36:07 am »

((I was actually hoping for an Int roll rather than Intuit, but oh well. More fun this way. :P Putting a point into Intuit should probably be a priority assuming I survive the first mission. :) ))

"Sorry! Stay where you are and take cover, I'll move out instead."

Anton Prime runs out of the bathroom and takes whichever path the hit Clone was going to take out of the apartment, seeking cover.
Clone #1 (the injured) finds the nearest cover and looks out for enemies.
Clone #2 pops out of cover, rifle ready to electrocute nearest enemy in sight. After firing a shot (if applicable), immediately change position.

You crawl out of your hiding place in the bathroom as one of the clones fires through the hole in the wall and the other writhes in pain behind the couch. You make it out of the room and into the hallway,  staying low as you move to another room. You kick the door open and peak inside. The wall of this one is still in place, and there's a window to snipe out of. Seems a pretty good place.

hunt my prey, try to force it towards the petrol station

What do you want to be looking for in particular? You have a backpack full of stuff by the way, you may want to take a look at the datapad in there detailing your target.

"Thanks"
Place all the parts in my locker.
Then, go to the VR and practice assembling and loading the weapon.

((Are there any methods of negating my -1 to handiwork when assembling the weapon?))
You've already got the VR experience from building the thing, so you're not gonna get any more like that.

((Hmm ok))

-How much armour do the Avatar and battle suit variants have?
-Have the filament in two pieces so that it dosent cut the amp in half   

-To put it bluntly, Fuck tons.

-So like
|
| Filament
|
Amp
|
| More Filament
|

Search for a strong, lightweight, fabric. Ignore all bulletproof fabrics.
Well, thats easy, but just a forewarning, that jump pack isn't even gonna get you up that high. I mean, not high enough for a flight suit to do much at least.

Stab him in the face!
[dex:4]
[Dummy dex:6]
[Dummy str:1]

The Dummy dodges your blow and then farts at you.

*pain grunts*

Uuugghhh. Calm down, just get up and ignore the pain.

Get up, try to rest and cope with the pain.

Ow. Ow. Ow. You stand up. Ow.

"Eh, ok. While I'm here, why don't I check..."

See if there's some kind of image- or holo- or whatever-based search that could be used to research the identity of my "artifacts".
Which artifact in particular? You've got a few.

((@GM I think you missed me. Twice in a row. Have I somehow angered thee, O Mighty Piecewise? ))
I see... Well, I presume that some of the 'drones' are quite better than others at what they do, right? Who are the most notable physicians here - apart from the Doctor, of course?
Ask.
NOPE, just not observant.

"All the doctors are fairly equal, as are all the nurses. We are all Equal"

"...Oh." Chaz was slightly disappointed at the results, but he did just get his Amp: He'd get better over time.
Grabbing the plate, Chaz was about to eat... I think it's a steak? Anyway, he was about to eat it until he glanced at the VR machines.

'Hmm... I could practice my combat skills using one of those.'

Tossing the plate away, he began to head for an open machine.

You jump into a VR machine.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11798 on: February 07, 2013, 12:39:29 am »

hide nearby, inspect contents of backpack, read datapad
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11799 on: February 07, 2013, 01:49:55 am »

((Exactly like that))

-Setup a particle beam weapon using this method from wikipedia;

Charged particle beams diverge rapidly due to mutual repulsion, so neutral particle beams are more commonly proposed. A neutral particle beam weapon ionizes hydrogen gas by either stripping an electron off of each hydrogen atom, or by allowing each hydrogen atom to capture an extra electron. When hydrogen molecules gain electrons, they form anions; when hydrogen molecules lose electrons, they form cations; when hydrogen atoms lose their electron they form protons. A particle beam weapon that accelerates anions uses a traveling wave type particle accelerator. In this kind of ion accelerator, the negative ions are released inside a cylindrical ion acceleration chamber. This chamber has an electrode with an alternating electric charge of up to 1,000,000,000  volts inside it.
Stages:

While the charge on the electrode is positive, the ions are attracted to the negative charge on the electrode, and thus bunched around it.

The alternating voltage switches the charge to negative on the accelerating electrode.

The negative charge electrostatically repels the negative ions and accelerates them to near the velocity of light.

The resulting high energy beam of anions passes through a chamber filled with low pressure gas.

There, collisions with the gas strip the extra electrons from the anions, and thus make the particle beam neutral.

The particle beam proceeds straight to its target, and damages it by running into it, and by disrupting the structure of the target with its kinetic energy.

Cyclotron particle accelerators, linear particle accelerators, and synchroton particle acclerators can accelerate positively charged hydrogen ions until their velocity approaches the speed of light, and each individual ion has a kinetic energy range of 100 MeV to 1000 MeV or more.

Then the resulting high energy protons can capture electrons from electron emitter electrodes, and be thus electrically neutralized. This creates an electrically neutral beam of high energy hydrogen atoms, that can proceed in a straight line at near the speed of light to smash into its target and damage it.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 03:16:02 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11800 on: February 07, 2013, 02:49:12 am »

((Whee action! :D I wonder if the thing makes thunderclaps when fired? :P))

"Alright, this works." (over team comms) "Report enemies if you see them! Keep watch and keep moving if you're firing! Remember, electric discharges give away your position better than shouting!"

Take position near window and peek out. Fire lightning if enemy spotted, remember to call out to team and leave cover/reposition to avoid counterattack.

Listen to annoyed confirmation from teammates because they're essentially me and know this crap already. :P

((speaking of awesome pictures, piecewise - how exactly do you envision the laser rifle and the tesla saber? I'm trying to figure out a good design for a proper combination of the two.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11801 on: February 07, 2013, 04:47:28 am »

Victor puts on his MkI suit, gets the parts and goes to the airlock. He then plans out how he will assemble the weapon (activate dynamic roll bonus)
((Well, Victor is a dead end for roleplaying and character development. I'll just give the AM the completed weapon and put Victor in cryonic purgatory so I can create a new character who will hopefully be a better person to roleplay.
 New Character sheet
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
))
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 04:49:42 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11802 on: February 07, 2013, 06:37:01 am »

-character sheet-
((Put some points in Exotic and Will for your first missions, buy a mind control amp and you're no longer useless. You're a mind controller, who's sweet words can manipulate everyone (enemies, aliens, teammates) into doing what he wants. Eventually you'll become what you despise, a puppeteer. Imagine the RP potential. Not to mention the philosophical conundrums. (Is the puppeteer of the puppeteer responsible for the actions of his puppet's puppet? etc.) Or maybe you can give rousing speeches and songs, like some kind of space bard.))
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 06:38:35 am by Parisbre56 »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #11803 on: February 07, 2013, 07:45:16 am »

First check the sphere, it probably has the best chances as being known, looking a lot like it could be human-made. Afterwards, the bottle, not that there's much of a chance that the result is something other than "It's a bottle, dummy". Then, I'm all out of artifacts to check.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11804 on: February 07, 2013, 12:00:50 pm »

Slice his throat. Also have dummy actually use weapons.
Pages: 1 ... 785 786 [787] 788 789 ... 2101