_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 783 784 [785] 786 787 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5922068 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Crushing dreams and skulls.
« Reply #11760 on: February 04, 2013, 03:22:27 pm »

Are nikitans stripped-down exo's are they publicly available namely type A that gives plus 5 to str & end?
(( Yes, they should be publicly available, I'm absolutely sure I've declared them so several times before the Dam mission. ))

I see... Well, I presume that some of the 'drones' are quite better than others at what they do, right? Who are the most notable physicians here - apart from the Doctor, of course?
Ask.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11761 on: February 04, 2013, 04:41:42 pm »

See how low-strength I can go before the filament snaps easily, and how high I can go before it takes time to cut through the Mk III.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11762 on: February 04, 2013, 06:07:36 pm »

Is there anything nearby that is A: not being used, B: won't be missed, and C: won't end up getting someone killed?

If not (Which would be weird), just light up the air over my thumb: make it look like my thumb's a lighter.

"Hey, guys, watch this!"
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11763 on: February 04, 2013, 06:47:13 pm »

Is there anything nearby that is A: not being used, B: won't be missed, and C: won't end up getting someone killed?

If not (Which would be weird), just light up the air over my thumb: make it look like my thumb's a lighter.

"Hey, guys, watch this!"

((The only thing worse you could've said would be: "Hold my beer and watch this!"))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11764 on: February 04, 2013, 06:59:10 pm »

((I don't know, what about: "Hey, Y'all watch me do this Blindfolded!"?))
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11765 on: February 04, 2013, 11:45:52 pm »

((Thanks nikitan, Handmade demolition charges.. Rear mounted nuclear reactors ..... Thank goodness that ill be staying far far from the
 front lines.))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11766 on: February 05, 2013, 03:12:55 am »

((We have weird people with standard weapons. What we need is weird people, with weird weapons! I actually managed to draft up a passable design of a combat-capable pillow launcher, after reading about May wanting one. Of course, this is for a rather specific meaning of "pillow", but still.

Also, your weapons system named "Gungnir" is more true to the name than mine, but naming a rifle "Mjolnir" is silly, and going for something generic like "Thunderbolt" is kinda bland. :)

And no, I'd like a full turn-by-turn simulation, as if it were a real fight. Anton would consider a personal field test to be a part of the development process. ))

(why does no one ever name their guns something like "Fred"?)

Ok so:
Set up Anton and two copies of him (stat-wise) in MkIIs, armed with Gungnirs, against two average humans in MkIIs, and some sort of robotic infantry (a-la Jim, but Anton never met him and, presumably, isn't aware that full-body cyber-prostheses are possible), all armed with standard Laser Rifles and Tesla Sabers. War-torn urban environment, with standard atmosphere and normal weather. Teams start in cover, 100m apart, but aware of the presence of others.

You and your team of clones appear in whats left of a small apartment. You're all sitting on a dusty, crumbling yellow sofa, staring at a hole where the wall used to be. Outside, a gray sleet falls on a broken skyline of bombed out husks and half burnt steel frames. Countless empty windows stare back at you from the close packed buildings across the street.  A chunk of drywall on the edge of the hole falls, sliced away and on fire. You and your clones scramble off the couch as a red hot line slices across it; you leap into the bathroom and cover your head as the mirror shatters, blind laser rifle slicing through the walls.

"This could have gone better."

select an urban environment

The program dumps you onto an abandoned intersection; the red lights blinking over abandoned cars. Everything around you, the gas station, the line of touristic shops selling plastic crap with the name of whatever town this is, the coffee shop with the front door open and music leaking out into the street, it's all empty. Everything is absolutely silent.

((Also, re:
When it comes to the effects of the laser taser, it's basically gonna be the same as a normal laser but also with the added effect of electrocuting it's target.

A mount for this thing isn't really an issue, you could ducttape it on and it would work.
The mount is essential from Anton's standpoint. Just duct-taping it together is not an engineering challenge, and ergonomics is key. Plus there are still the modifications required to make it work like an actual melee weapon rather than a high-tech club with a tesla saber on its end. These are far from the final modifications to the design. ^_^

And I was actually wondering if it won't exacerbate the laser's damage. Electrocuting is the obvious effect, but this is still a makeshift lightning bolt.

Plus, using the lightning to deal damage allows to keep the laser at half intensity and prolong the battery life. :D

edit: I think I'm going to just list the idiocy I have in mind for the Modular Suit, so you can perhaps talk me out of wasting your time with these things. :P
Spoiler: Modular Suit variants (click to show/hide)
))

Is it wrong that I want to make one of the conditions of prototyping this be that you draw a really cool picture of it?

Anywhoo, I don't see any problems with any of these so far. Maybe some might spring up as we get more into the design process, but they seem alright in theory.

((Not joking well I'm not sure of the ionized part but its blue meaning that it is much hotter (producing shorter wavelength light) also the Hand laser could be used to either cut stuff or electrocute stuff as a secondary function due to the lower temp meaning the laser can be kept at setting 10:1, Also how much armour is one each of the suits going from Mk I - Avatar))
Watch from 40 - 60 sec at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfUFjpWOyOc that shows the effect of a low power plasma "feild on a flammable substance.

Are nikitans stripped-down exo's are they publicly available namely type A that gives plus 5 to str & end?
In VR
-After testing all fire-modes
-save

-New project
-Open Mono razor and mount on a long balanced pole to account for weight (account after all modifications) also place
-Create a thick halberd head that is a medium weight axe with a kinetic amp, attach the blade so that it only receives the normal force
not the amplified force (Empiricist told me of some sort of method allowing this) if it doesn't work place it into the blade at the center
with a inward curve so that blows direct towards it apply mono edge and vibrator-motor
-Move mono controls back to a spaced set of grips, also insulate the kinetic amp from the mono to prevent it accidentally going off

Ok, it may just be the fact that I'm barely awake but I am not following a damn thing you're saying about that fire laser stuff. I'll give it another read tomorrow when the gnomes in my head stop playing "catch the hammer" poorly.

Now, as per this  other thing lets see.

Well, monoatomic filaments need to be straight to work so an ax head (assuming it's curved) won't work, but just a plain razor on it's own will. But that Amp is a different thing. See, Amps work like this

Force>Amp>Multiplied force.

None of the force goes back the other way, but the problem with them is that you need to strike with them directly, they won't just increase the kinetic energy of whatever they're put on.

"Yes, assuming you are willing to offer me that."

>Seems reasonable to me. Talk to the armory master.

((PW: Here is my action again:))

Enter bullet time and avoid any incoming bullets by watching Doc's movements and predicting where he'll shoot. Move towards Doc, and if Renen can get close enough, slash him.

If the bullets stop coming, get near Doc for a attack but always ready to avoid any surprises.

Oh hell, did I miss you at some point? Alright, lets do it now then.

[will:1+1]

Your slow motion doesn't activate at all and a moment later you're curled up on the ground gasping for air and grabbing at the pain in your gut.

"Lucky I'm not using a real gun yet" doctor says, "Rounds painful, but not fatal. Again,when ready."

Check the link anyway, just in case, in a new tab. Restrict the search with 'not "space jesus"' and 'potentially dangerous'.
You open up the link in a new tab, because why the hell not? I'm sure an article about space jesus will be completely scholarly and not just the ravings of a sleep deprived madman.

That done, you refine your search to not include space jesus. The top option is "Space Satan". God damn it. 600 links down you find a website talking about the massive amount of potentially dangerous objects intersection human space.

"Hrmm. I wonder."

Head to the VR, and load up a tinker sim. Spawn a MKII and jump pack. Search for a strong, lightweight cloth-like material.

((Dear god. Thats it, my idea is going to be tame after Pyro's nuculear MkIII.))
Jump pack? AS in a real 10 charge jump pack? Is the cloth for a parachute? Are you gonna be a rocket rocket man? Burning up the...rest of the song lyrics I'm too tired to look up?

Stab the dummy.

You stab yourself in the face. Why would you do that?

See how low-strength I can go before the filament snaps easily, and how high I can go before it takes time to cut through the Mk III.
Well, most of them will take time to cut through the MK III. Not a lot of time or anything, but time. And about half as thick as standard is as thin as you can get it before it starts snapping really easily.

"Hey, guys, watch this!"

A:Most of the stuff in this room
B:Most of the people in this room
C: Spoil sport.

Theres a plate of old food sitting on a table across the room. That looks good, right?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11767 on: February 05, 2013, 04:05:28 am »

Take the blueprints and go to the armory.
"Sorry to bother you again, but I would like to inquire to whether this design" give the AM the blueprints, "would qualify for prototyping."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11768 on: February 05, 2013, 04:12:48 am »

wander around looking for my prey, if i find a petrol station jam all the pumps open and walk off.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11769 on: February 05, 2013, 04:39:03 am »

((I'm not averse to drawing cool pictures, but Anton might be averse to prototyping. Getting something for free was never a conscious desire of his, even his ill-fated invention of localized mass destruction he created for the betterment of others. So stick 'em in the armory once they're done, open for purchase, and he'll be happy.

And "Fred" is too personal. The same reason the ship is the "Paracelsus' Sword" rather than "Steve". :P))

"Agh, чтоб тебя! Okay, that's wasn't the best idea for a test. Will have to revise it later."

Anton Prime remains still and attempts to pinpoint the general direction of the attacker from the scorched trails being burned through the walls, returning fire with just the laser - also through the walls.

Anton Clones split up, exiting the room from different directions and taking cover next to the nearest openings facing the supposed position of the enemy.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11770 on: February 05, 2013, 04:53:01 am »

((The fire laser thing is just this it is a pistol sized flame thrower that uses a plasma field to ignite the fuel to allow a higher temp initial
 burn with a couple of hand-lasers jammed in the back))

- As with previous How much armour is actually on each of the available armours including Mk I
- Just have the axe part of the halberd be straight
- Attach the amp into the axe head
- Test using it against all types of armour
- Test out the hand flame & laser

So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11771 on: February 05, 2013, 05:51:02 am »

((I'm not averse to drawing cool pictures, but Anton might be averse to prototyping. Getting something for free was never a conscious desire of his, even his ill-fated invention of localized mass destruction he created for the betterment of others. So stick 'em in the armory once they're done, open for purchase, and he'll be happy.))

((They don't go in the armory for general sale without going through prototyping.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11772 on: February 05, 2013, 06:00:09 am »

((I'm not averse to drawing cool pictures, but Anton might be averse to prototyping. Getting something for free was never a conscious desire of his, even his ill-fated invention of localized mass destruction he created for the betterment of others. So stick 'em in the armory once they're done, open for purchase, and he'll be happy.))

((They don't go in the armory for general sale without going through prototyping.))
((They will still go in the armory if the inventor pays for the prototype rather than make use of the free prototyping deal.))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11773 on: February 05, 2013, 06:37:38 am »

((They will still go in the armory if the inventor pays for the prototype rather than make use of the free prototyping deal.))

((Where did you see that? If I recall correctly, the free prototype is because they're not going to stock something useless, which is the point of the field test.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11774 on: February 05, 2013, 06:47:34 am »

((Where did you see that? If I recall correctly, the free prototype is because they're not going to stock something useless, which is the point of the field test.))
((Which is why you either get the materials and get it made yourself, or pay for the materials and pay for the AM to make it for you according to spec. The "free prototype" deal was just born out of Bishop's desire to "maybe further the war effort by providing a new design" with his MBL, to which Steve agreed, sponsoring the materials for the prototype on the condition that Bishop assembled the thing himself. I'm pretty sure that if you make something useful with just your own funds and efforts, Steve isn't going to mind one bit. :P

Also, hurray! I've caught up! ...on the On-Ship thread. Still a hundred pages of Mission 8 to go... -_-

Any bets on whether the mission ends before I can read it all? :P))
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 06:51:21 am by Sean Mirrsen »

Pages: 1 ... 783 784 [785] 786 787 ... 2101