_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 781 782 [783] 784 785 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5923472 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Crushing dreams and skulls.
« Reply #11730 on: February 03, 2013, 11:09:18 pm »

((Uh. Sorry for the absence.

@PyroDesu Good, good. Now I hope they'll last quite longer than the normal ones while offering comparable performance - and thus I sincirely wish you luck with that project. Having a functioning fission device on your back never hurts - well, except those times when it gets hit or is malfunctioning, but it's not that the regular rocket pods can handle those much better.
@Sean Awesome art, and good luck with your tinkering!))

I presume that the Doctor is in charge here, right? Are all other doctors equal before him, or does some sort of hierarchy exist? If so, who are directly under the Doctor in this organisational structure? And is anyone on the staff outside that hierarchy?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11731 on: February 03, 2013, 11:10:53 pm »

((Heck, I'll see about having it both ways with a LANTR. Activate LOX injection into the hydrogen propellant stream like an afterburner.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11732 on: February 03, 2013, 11:56:59 pm »

((Don't NTR's have pitiful Isp in atmosphere? Not to mention subpar TWR. You'd be doing great in vacuum, true, but you'd have to burn more fuel than a standard rocket at sea-level pressure. (I've been playing too much KSP lately.. :P )

Unless you want to go for something like a "nuclear lightbulb" gas core reactor engine, in which case I will make a point of staying well the fuck away from you at all times, lest you are suddenly hit and spray 25K-degree fission material everywhere. I doubt the suits can protect against that level of temperature...))
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 11:58:59 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11733 on: February 04, 2013, 12:19:32 am »

((Or get hit and go super critical, suddenly exploding similar to a small nuclear charge  :-\ ))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11734 on: February 04, 2013, 12:24:28 am »

select predator, if asked for equipment choose a MKIII suit and my flamethrower loaded with clf3
It asks you to select a place for the mission to take place; Ie Urban, jungle, antarctic, etc

((Half a soda can is a little thicker than I would've liked. Presumably amps are fairly compact, so is that mostly battery or mostly explosives that gives the thickness? Well, it's more compact than a kiloton charge either way, I guess. :)

And yes, mounting things other than the pods is exactly the purpose there. :D

I'm trying to think of a way to make the design process of the Modular MkIII as easy to comprehend as possible, and not really succeeding. I guess when you have at least four different addon sets for a given core design, that may or may not have interchangeable or intercompatible parts, things tend to get a little confusing. I'll figure it out later, there's still lots of stuff to work on and Anton is quite a ways away from having a MkIII in any case. :P))

Anton sat back in the virtual chair. Despite a few hitches and failures, his designs mostly worked. "Mostly". Ugh, that brought back bad memories. Anton shrugged the bad thoughts off and tried to lose himself in the design process again. Saving and closing all other projects, he focused on what he suspected could be the best immediate addition to the arsenal. He realized that nobody would give it to him for free, and he'd have to pay for and do everything himself to be able to really put it to the test in the field, but personal gain had never been the primary cause behind his inventions. If it could further the war effort, and save a few innocent (or, he thought as he considered the HMRC, "less immediately guilty") lives to offset those his previous "invention" took with itself, then he had all the reward he needed.

Save and close all projects except the Gungnir. Lock and password-protect the incomplete Token and Modular suit projects.

Conduct testing of the bayonet-configuration electrolaser rifle to determine effects of the combined laser and electrical discharge on targets.
Both laser and saber on standard settings, single 5s pulse, medium-short range. ((i.e. about 90m IIRC)) Test against: Human in casual clothing, MkI, MkII, and MkIII suits. Test against supercrete wall and steel bulkhead.
Repeat test with laser set to minimum power, and range reduced to short.
Repeat test with both laser and saber at minimal power, only against humans with and without the different suits. (tazer test)

Since the bayonet design was the only one that worked, begin working on a custom mount for the Laser Rifle, so that any standard Tesla Saber can be used if the modified Rifle is purchased. The mount should mechanically connect the intensity knob to where the user can easily reach it on the rifle, as well as give the user a thumb button to activate the tesla saber on the rifle grip. Modify the stock of the rifle to work as a handle, allowing to wield the rifle like a two-handed sword or scythe (one hand on the perpendicular grip, another on the extended stock). See if it's possible to let the custom mount leave the saber's handle exposed, to allow wielding the rifle like a spear (two parallel grips) as well, so that the name Gungnir is more appropriate.

Assuming the design still functions after all modifications, save it and enter Duel. Set up Anton and two copies of him (stat-wise) in MkIIs, armed with Gungnirs, against two average humans in MkIIs, and some sort of robotic infantry (a-la Jim, but Anton never met him and, presumably, isn't aware that full-body cyber-prostheses are possible), all armed with standard Laser Rifles and Tesla Sabers. War-torn urban environment, with standard atmosphere and normal weather. Teams start in cover, 100m apart, but aware of the presence of others.

"Okay, let's see if the whole is better than the sum of its parts."

Start simulation.

((edit: I suppose it's prudent to clarify how to operate the rifle - aim, fire laser, thumb saber switch, in that order. Doing otherwise may result in the electrolaser misfiring and just forming the saber bayonet, since the arc may not jump to the laser's plasma channel if it's already found its own.))

When it comes to the effects of the laser taser, it's basically gonna be the same as a normal laser but also with the added effect of electrocuting it's target.

A mount for this thing isn't really an issue, you could ducttape it on and it would work.

As per this battle you have set up here, you want it all described  and rolled out or you just want a quick breakdown?

Go to the Recreation & Mess Hall, and see what's going on there.
Also, test out pyrokinetic abilities: preferably without burning self, or anyone else.

Chaz'll have to learn the layout of the whole place, so he may as well start there. And a little practice with his Amp won't hurt anyone, will it?

You head to the wrec room/mess hall and look around. Greater demon in the corner, guys on vr machines, guys watching tv. Fairly normal. Now, to test out your new powers. hmm, exactly how do you want to do that? Just going off without an exact plan could end up very....Fun.

Test the weakest, highest, and medium strength filaments for comparative cutting power on a MK III suit.

Also, can stronger filaments be used to make longer blades?

The weakest, under best conditions, cuts through the MK III without any resistance at all. You literally feel nothing, it's like cutting air. However, if you don't cut perfectly, the wire will snap. Medium is the standard, which has a bit of trouble with the exoskeleton but works fine. And the heaviest throws a hell of a lot of sparks and takes a good 5-6 seconds to get through the exoskeleton.

And yep.

((Oh...))

Remove the vibrator motor.
Replace monoatomic wire with a stronger material and cheaper if available.
Save.

Create a small high pressure flamethrower at the end of the barrel add electrodes that generate extremely high temparature plasma that will ionise the flames also add
a buffed up handlaser allowing use of a laser or a ionised flame blast.
Add fuel cable inside the outer layers of the suit that connects to a small backmounted compressor and fuel tank to fuel it
Test against most common forms of armour with both laser and flamethrower fire type

Ionized fire?

You're trying to cast a spell on me aren't you, science wizard?

"A gun suitable for both area denial and limited suppressive fire that can also be used by a point-man in a manner that would allow them to clear corners while exposing themselves as less as possible."

>Sounds reasonable. I suppose you want prototyping rights?

((For real. Real for VR anyway.))

Do as was said before.
[dex:6]
[Bot dex:1]
[str:2+1]
[bot end:6]
You cut a superficial wound into mr.robutt's throat area.

Search for: ((Recent news) or (Breaking news)) and (Unknown object on course for occupied space)
The highest rated link you find is "Unknown object, possibly space jesus, on way to human controlled space."

It's probably not that...

Wake up.

"I DID NOT HIT HER, I DID NOOOT! Oh, hi consciousness."

((More "fanart":
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I guess that's a MkIII... I seem to be thinking too much Gundam in terms of "spacesuit".

ninja edit: Hm, maybe. I don't use cleverbot normally, but I might, for that purpose. I've been feeding different quotes through the bad translator already, that quote just got the most random results so far. I'm gonna trawl the threads for neat quotes and subject them to all the text-mangling insanity I can muster up, including my Travesty Generator. That should be fun.

edit: also, I vote the little girl in the VR "Punch Many Things" program to be named Shabu Shabu. :P

edit2: reading the thread, finally got to the bit I assume piecewise meant when he said PyroDesu is an "expert on these things". It seems an electrolaser idea wasn't so original here after all. Oh well. I hope to be the first to actually build one though. We need more weird weapons around here. ^_^))
(because weird is what we have a deficiency of around here. )

Also, That's some awesome fan arts. Gonna have to stick that in the OP. Would greatly appreciate more! Also, if you're curious, This
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Is what the MK III kind of looks like in my head.

((Uh. Sorry for the absence.

@PyroDesu Good, good. Now I hope they'll last quite longer than the normal ones while offering comparable performance - and thus I sincirely wish you luck with that project. Having a functioning fission device on your back never hurts - well, except those times when it gets hit or is malfunctioning, but it's not that the regular rocket pods can handle those much better.
@Sean Awesome art, and good luck with your tinkering!))

I presume that the Doctor is in charge here, right? Are all other doctors equal before him, or does some sort of hierarchy exist? If so, who are directly under the Doctor in this organisational structure? And is anyone on the staff outside that hierarchy?
"It goes something like this. The doctor and then everyone one else. Its a simple hierarchy, we're all just drones."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11735 on: February 04, 2013, 12:37:29 am »

((We have weird people with standard weapons. What we need is weird people, with weird weapons! I actually managed to draft up a passable design of a combat-capable pillow launcher, after reading about May wanting one. Of course, this is for a rather specific meaning of "pillow", but still.

Also, your weapons system named "Gungnir" is more true to the name than mine, but naming a rifle "Mjolnir" is silly, and going for something generic like "Thunderbolt" is kinda bland. :)

And no, I'd like a full turn-by-turn simulation, as if it were a real fight. Anton would consider a personal field test to be a part of the development process. ))
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 12:40:01 am by Sean Mirrsen »

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11736 on: February 04, 2013, 12:59:28 am »

select an urban environment
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11737 on: February 04, 2013, 02:26:01 am »

((Also, re:
When it comes to the effects of the laser taser, it's basically gonna be the same as a normal laser but also with the added effect of electrocuting it's target.

A mount for this thing isn't really an issue, you could ducttape it on and it would work.
The mount is essential from Anton's standpoint. Just duct-taping it together is not an engineering challenge, and ergonomics is key. Plus there are still the modifications required to make it work like an actual melee weapon rather than a high-tech club with a tesla saber on its end. These are far from the final modifications to the design. ^_^

And I was actually wondering if it won't exacerbate the laser's damage. Electrocuting is the obvious effect, but this is still a makeshift lightning bolt.

Plus, using the lightning to deal damage allows to keep the laser at half intensity and prolong the battery life. :D

edit: I think I'm going to just list the idiocy I have in mind for the Modular Suit, so you can perhaps talk me out of wasting your time with these things. :P
Spoiler: Modular Suit variants (click to show/hide)
))
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 05:48:43 am by Sean Mirrsen »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11738 on: February 04, 2013, 05:02:51 am »

((Not joking well I'm not sure of the ionized part but its blue meaning that it is much hotter (producing shorter wavelength light) also the Hand laser could be used to either cut stuff or electrocute stuff as a secondary function due to the lower temp meaning the laser can be kept at setting 10:1, Also how much armour is one each of the suits going from Mk I - Avatar))
Watch from 40 - 60 sec at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfUFjpWOyOc that shows the effect of a low power plasma "feild on a flammable substance.

Are nikitans stripped-down exo's are they publicly available namely type A that gives plus 5 to str & end?
In VR
-After testing all fire-modes
-save

-New project
-Open Mono razor and mount on a long balanced pole to account for weight (account after all modifications) also place
-Create a thick halberd head that is a medium weight axe with a kinetic amp, attach the blade so that it only receives the normal force
not the amplified force (Empiricist told me of some sort of method allowing this) if it doesn't work place it into the blade at the center
with a inward curve so that blows direct towards it apply mono edge and vibrator-motor
-Move mono controls back to a spaced set of grips, also insulate the kinetic amp from the mono to prevent it accidentally going off

So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11739 on: February 04, 2013, 05:12:37 am »

"Yes, assuming you are willing to offer me that."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11740 on: February 04, 2013, 06:28:04 am »

((Don't NTR's have pitiful Isp in atmosphere? Not to mention subpar TWR. You'd be doing great in vacuum, true, but you'd have to burn more fuel than a standard rocket at sea-level pressure. (I've been playing too much KSP lately.. :P )

Unless you want to go for something like a "nuclear lightbulb" gas core reactor engine, in which case I will make a point of staying well the fuck away from you at all times, lest you are suddenly hit and spray 25K-degree fission material everywhere. I doubt the suits can protect against that level of temperature...))

((You have been playing WAY too much KSP. I love that game, but the representation of a NTR in it is just plain PITIFUL. In fact, it's nothing like a NTR at all, it's just a crappy engine with the nuclear trefoil on the side. A solid-core would do just fine in-atmosphere. Yeah, the LOX injection reduces Isp, in return for higher thrust, but it's on-demand, not always on.

And if I do go for a "nuclear lightbulb", take heart in the fact that I would make it very, very difficult for it to fail that hard. Plus, hey, you've got a fission reactor on your back, that thing is producing a lot of power that could be used for things like laser weapons and anything else that's not one-shot and takes a battery. The rocket is just a side-effect of the coolant. 'Sides, if the normal rocket fails, you and everyone around you is in for a bad time anyways. A LAGCNTR might actually be safer, since it'd have at least three shutdown mechanisms inherent in the design, one of which is passive and you have to keep from happening if you want to use the thing. And the fact that there's a LOT between the "lightbulb" and anything trying to pierce it.

((Or get hit and go super critical, suddenly exploding similar to a small nuclear charge  :-\ ))

... NUCLEAR REACTORS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!))
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 06:36:49 am by PyroDesu »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11741 on: February 04, 2013, 06:45:51 am »

... NUCLEAR REACTORS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!))
((Indeed. You'd be more justified in edging away from me and my experimental kinamp-powered controlled demolition device, should I manage to make it at some point. At least there, all that separates you from sudden vaporization is a slip of the hand if it's been armed. A nuclear reactor takes a bit of doing to blow up without using a whole lot of explosives.

Hm, can you even make a gas-core reactor engine compact enough to carry on a MkIII?))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11742 on: February 04, 2013, 08:21:55 am »

kinetic jump boots for mobility.
((If these are kinetic amplifiers strapped on your boots then they will not work. Kinetic amps do not produce an equal and opposite reaction. All they would do is make a giant hole where you land (which isn't really that bad if you're landing in the face of an alien going 300km/h). If however you're using some sort of automated manipulator or some sort of synthflesh spring (like a grasshopper's legs) or some other mechanical system (rocket boots) then you're fine.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11743 on: February 04, 2013, 08:24:27 am »

kinetic jump boots for mobility.
((If these are kinetic amplifiers strapped on your boots then they will not work. Kinetic amps do not produce an equal and opposite reaction. All they would do is make a giant hole where you land (which isn't really that bad if you're landing in the face of an alien going 300km/h). If however you're using some sort of automated manipulator or some sort of synthflesh spring (like a grasshopper's legs) or some other mechanical system (rocket boots) then you're fine.))
((I remember someone (I think it was Faith) trying out some sort of jump boots in VR, that let her spring about on solid ground but dug her into a pit when she tried them out on sand. I can't find the exact spot at the moment, but I'm sure Steve will point me in the right direction if I inquire.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11744 on: February 04, 2013, 08:58:20 am »

((Some additional benefits of an NTR: you hit it with a laser burst, you pierce the case, but the coolant (also the propellant) makes sure that your laser isn't going to hit the core.))
Pages: 1 ... 781 782 [783] 784 785 ... 2101