_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 779 780 [781] 782 783 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5924497 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Crushing dreams and skulls.
« Reply #11700 on: February 02, 2013, 12:57:25 am »

((edit: okay, new posts. Moving to separate post so it doesn't get lost.

Also, I consulted the Anagram Server... "Einsteinian Roulette" anagrams to "Alien Intestine E-Tour". Or "An Elite Sneer Tuition". Both work, I think. :P))

Anton's eyes widen at the capabilities presented by the Tinker program. "A.. personal workshop. With unlimited tools, unlimited resources, and no buildings full of innocents to accidentally destroy. All I ever wanted..." He let off a... cackle? Not one to normally feel emotional, Anton was surprised at the wave of excitement overcoming him. "Oh, this... this... now, this will be interesting."

Anton immediately dives into the wealth of options presented by the simulation. Accustoming himself to the extensive list of commands, he has the program display him a list of all standard equipment available in the Armory on a separate virtual panel. The panel turns out to be rather large, as the list is filled with an assortment of conventional, unconventional, and exotic weaponry, as well as a selection of armors and miscellaneous gear. Anton looks over the list, smiles, and cracks his fingers in anticipation.

"Well then... let's start at the top... and go in sequence."

Examine each weapon, device, and armor in turn, keeping note of any immediately available documentation such as basic technical stats.

Start project log, performing experiments in sequence, and saving each project before moving on to the next.

Project HL-A001: "Beam Spork"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Project TAL-002: "Gungnir"

Project KB-S003: "Token of Appreciation"

Project G-AD004: "Daisycutter"

Project MC-Sh005: "Modular Assault Suit"

> Get a coffee, keep working.

((That's enough ideas for one post... let's try not to overload the GM. :)
edit: spoilered projects to reduce OMGWALLOFTEXT factor of post))

alright, lets start from the top. This is gonna be a fast overview since there are lots.

1. Saser Lork.
So this basically amounts to stripping the shooty bits out of two hand lasers and sticking them on your other fingers eh? Well, that would basically cost 3 tokens. However, if you run it off the same battery source it's gonna drain that battery 3 times as fast. With a generator, like 4 tokens. The things are low power enough.

2.Gungeer
I have no freaking idea if electro-lasers like that are even physically possible. Or what they would be like if they were/are.Uh.

HEY PYRO, you know a lot about this sort of thing, right? I'm calling you in as a technical adviser here.Is this possible or is he trying to use some sort of jedi mindtrick on me?

3. Toucan of apprehension
 Ah the old amp strapped to an amp, strapped to a bomb eh? Well, it's not gonna be coin sized, least not a realistic sized and shaped coin. But it works in theory. Depending on the size of the explosive you can create a very dangerous directional shockwave this way. However, the more powerful it gets the more you have a "Bleeding" effect where the shockwave isn't as directed anymore. and when you stack the two together you're gonna have a shockwave thats very powerful in one direction but still dangerous in all others as well, including backwards. So this works, but you'll need a powerful body or suit to survive it and it will probably kill your teammates.

-princess peach stabber
The monofilaments are really only that dangerous when they're vibrating. The bola rounds vibrated the filaments, as do the razors, so for this to work for you you would have to find some way to vibrate those filaments while they spin. Or something similar.

-Mick Tree ashoot zoot.
Removing those pods without help would be easy enough, you can just jettison them, but putting them back on is gonna be a problem. I suppose you could prop them up and  lay back on them or something, but its not exactly a great plan.

As per mounts for things, yeah, you could fairly easily stick some mounts for weapons on the exoskeleton of a mk III. The specific mount might vary depending on the weapon, but you can do it.

"Steve? Does the HMRC have any area-denial weapons or turrets or urban-combat weapons that cost 6 tokens or less?"

>Do nuclear weapons count?

Just wanted to find a chemical with an extreme temp to cost ratio, i guess i can use clf3

read description of poacher program
Boot tinker
Load the light amps from standard suit and try to modify them to produce only infrared light.
Load an infrared sensor.
Tie the sensor into the suits systems.

How would i go about making MRI vision? If all goes according to plan i may never have to see in colour again.

Lets see:

The poacher program is a simulation of bounty hunting in a pre-altared war time period when artificially modified humans were more common.

Also, light amps don't produce light. They're kind of like night vision goggles, they just amplify light the suit is picking up.

As per MRI eyes...I don't know if that would work, since you'd need to put everything under a massive magnetic field to get all the atoms to line up in one way.

((Ok then Ill do that later I guess))

-Save for later

-Are there any mono-atomic wires that are extremely hard to break?
-If so create a mono-atomic whip with a kinetic amp at the end with a metal holster allowing for switches between  add those vibration    motors in the ?hilt? or wherever produces a similar effect as the mono-atomic razor's shredding action. In the hilt add a motor to retract the wire and a gauss coil intergated to allow it to be fired to breach with the kinetic amp

An interesting weapon. Straight mono-filament will break under those conditions, but we can probably work out a work around for that. However that amp at the end is gonna be problematic. With the thing vibrating that amp is gonna be going off like crazy, not to mention just whipping around like wild, smashing into things with very little control. It would end very poorly for people who stood too near, including the handler.

"Sweet! Err... Where do I get this installed?"

Learn where to get my Amp installed, then go over there & get it done.
You bop on over to the magic infirmary shack and get your godbox installed.

Answer:

No, it's better to continue the way I am now and continue training. Test my limits and see what I can do now. Can we continue the training?

Get ready to avoid any incomming bullets with bullet time and, when the bullets stop, try an attack.
(I'll give you a hint before, since you don't really know how fast or slow bullet time is. it's not slow enough to  let you dodge bullets. It is however slow enough to let you see where someone is aiming and to dodge according to that instead. )

((Normal booze.))
[end:1]
You chug the entire bottle of HMRC standard. You then gently place the bottle on the ground before falling face first to the ground, unconscious.

Check the remote for any channel list/program list/teletext/other informational button, use that to find a channel currently reporting on that approaching thing, and switch to that channel, if at all possible.

"That actually sounds vaguely familiar... right, one of the missions Faith told me about..."

The second mission..." ...

Eventually it turned out that the place was led by some strange, very large man who had apparently been part of a commune. He and his people were essentially Altered hiveminds, I guess? Anyway he agreed to not ram his nebula-thing into important worlds and we left, though not before experimenting with memory clearings.

Think. Are there other related phenomena I might have heard about?
You find no such buttons or systems on the tv remote. in fact, all it has is channel up and down and volume up and down. The hell kind of neo-amish shit is this? 

Also, you can't particularly think of any connected phenomena. Well, nothing really connected at least. I mean, "Weird shit wot be in space" is kinda too big a category for you these days.

Continue watching tv.
The shiatsu-man wins best in show. What a lovely rump.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11701 on: February 02, 2013, 01:16:38 am »

Open tinker, and bring up a monoatomic sword. Investigate possible different materials for the filament.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11702 on: February 02, 2013, 01:50:45 am »

alright, lets start from the top. This is gonna be a fast overview since there are lots.

1. Saser Lork.
So this basically amounts to stripping the shooty bits out of two hand lasers and sticking them on your other fingers eh? Well, that would basically cost 3 tokens. However, if you run it off the same battery source it's gonna drain that battery 3 times as fast. With a generator, like 4 tokens. The things are low power enough.

2.Gungeer
I have no freaking idea if electro-lasers like that are even physically possible. Or what they would be like if they were/are.Uh.

HEY PYRO, you know a lot about this sort of thing, right? I'm calling you in as a technical adviser here.Is this possible or is he trying to use some sort of jedi mindtrick on me?

3. Toucan of apprehension
 Ah the old amp strapped to an amp, strapped to a bomb eh? Well, it's not gonna be coin sized, least not a realistic sized and shaped coin. But it works in theory. Depending on the size of the explosive you can create a very dangerous directional shockwave this way. However, the more powerful it gets the more you have a "Bleeding" effect where the shockwave isn't as directed anymore. and when you stack the two together you're gonna have a shockwave thats very powerful in one direction but still dangerous in all others as well, including backwards. So this works, but you'll need a powerful body or suit to survive it and it will probably kill your teammates.

-princess peach stabber
The monofilaments are really only that dangerous when they're vibrating. The bola rounds vibrated the filaments, as do the razors, so for this to work for you you would have to find some way to vibrate those filaments while they spin. Or something similar.

-Mick Tree ashoot zoot.
Removing those pods without help would be easy enough, you can just jettison them, but putting them back on is gonna be a problem. I suppose you could prop them up and  lay back on them or something, but its not exactly a great plan.

As per mounts for things, yeah, you could fairly easily stick some mounts for weapons on the exoskeleton of a mk III. The specific mount might vary depending on the weapon, but you can do it.
((The beam spork works then. Alrighty. I basically want a halfdecent weapon that won't occupy my hands.
-The electrolaser only works in atmosphere, obviously. I thought of it because of the tesla arc's description that "electricity will arc to anything". A laser beam basically creates a highly conductive wire through the atmosphere, like the leader charge in a lightning, so the arc will go directionally instead of everywhere. Also, quick wiki link. It's basically a lightning gun. Theoretical IRL, but then infantry combat lasers also are. :P
-The token will horribly murder anyone standing right next to it, true, but this is relative. Given the price of an amp, it'd cost about the same as a kiloton charge, and inflict comparable damage on a small area it's aimed at, but with much less collateral. Not to mention that, while not quite the size of a quarter, it's still a lot more compact than the nuke.
-Eh... forgot about the vibration. It'll need to be something like a mono-chain to keep the wire taut, and I think the device will just shake itself apart if it does vibrate.. well, scratch that then.
-And the whole deal with the MC-Sh is because in russian it looks like "МК-Ш" :P We'll see where the design goes.))

Save the "Beam Spork" project.

Modify the Token to allow ejection of parts of its explosive charge to lessen the destructive force in the field, should it be needed. Coat the business end of the device with strong adhesive, covered with lid of inert material to prevent accidental sticking. Give the whole thing a coating of gold paint.

Contemplate using Hand Laser generators with stripped focusing chambers instead of the wire in the Daisycutter. If unsuccessful, save project with "-Scrapped" suffix.

Add retractable straps to the rocket pod assembly of the Modular Suit, allowing the user to pull the pods onto his back like a backpack. Modify the mountings of the assembly to make this method possible, sliding the whole thing up into guiding rails on the back, and automatically locking it in place once at the top. Make the straps reachable when the pods are attached, so that the user can safely detach the assembly and lower it to the ground rather than let it drop or have to lie down.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 02:13:17 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11703 on: February 02, 2013, 01:59:23 am »

"Yeah, but are any other things that qualify that aren't single use?"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11704 on: February 02, 2013, 02:11:07 am »

Ugh meant head Lamps... you know the suit mounted flashlights

Repeat on suit lights then boot poacher.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11705 on: February 02, 2013, 05:01:34 am »

((Ok then))

Mount the kinetic amp so that it doesn't pickup the vibration, if that doesn't work add a delay between the activation of the amp and the deactivation of the vibrator motor and vice versa.

Add wires as necessary inorder to allow effective use in combat test against all levels of armour that are reasonably common
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11706 on: February 02, 2013, 06:26:59 am »

Go to VR and load duel. Spawn a active drone with a katana then take out own and aim to decapitate it's head.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #11707 on: February 02, 2013, 08:25:33 am »

"Wow, only four controls. It's like we're living like those medieval pharaohs of Canada or something."

Check the internet for info. Because clearly the medieval pharaohs of Canada did have internet.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11708 on: February 02, 2013, 09:39:50 am »

Have happy booze dreams?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11709 on: February 02, 2013, 12:20:20 pm »

((Wait, won't this design just end up as a tesla arc with a laser in the middle of it? I think your idea is to make a laser rifle that shoots electricity instead of focused laser, yes? If so, maybe a gun that shoots a small wire and, when it sticks to the target, runs high voltage through it, thereby elektrocuting your target. Could this work?))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11710 on: February 02, 2013, 12:31:19 pm »

((Apparently electrolasers do exist. And yes, they apparently can act as tazers or as as full-on lightning weaponry without all the "oh shee-it there's lightning everywhere" factor. Sort of like how the Tesla Sabre has the electricity shield on it to direct the path of the bolts of lightning, so too does the electrolaser essentially heat up a path through the air sufficiently to make it conductive (they create a plasma channel), then launch a bolt of electricity through the sort-of wire that is formed from heated air.

I do believe that's kind of how bolts of lightning work in the first place (it's why they glow): they superheat a conductive path for themselves in the air. But it's been a while since I took that particular bit of physics, so I could be wrong about the details.

An electric wire javelin would have one benefit that the electrolaser doesn't, though - it would work in a vacuum. But it would have a far more limited effective range and people would trip over the high voltage wires. And you'd have to get a launching mechanism and projectile that would actually stick to things or, failing that, tie itself around them like a bolo.))
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 12:37:00 pm by Harry Baldman »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11711 on: February 02, 2013, 12:45:23 pm »

((Wait, won't this design just end up as a tesla arc with a laser in the middle of it? I think your idea is to make a laser rifle that shoots electricity instead of focused laser, yes? If so, maybe a gun that shoots a small wire and, when it sticks to the target, runs high voltage through it, thereby elektrocuting your target. Could this work?))
((It's more of a laser rifle that shoots a focused laser and electricity. With precise control of power levels, can work as a glorified taser too, but since we already have combat-grade lasers here, not using them is kinda silly.

A laser firing through gas - such as air, or any kind of atmosphere - heats up the gas it passes through, and ionizes it, creating plasma. This effect is called a LIPC - Laser Induced Plasma Channel. The channel is conductive, and can be used as a wire for the purposes of sending massive amounts of electricity into the impact point. This is the same mechanism that a natural lightning works through, except the plasma channel - "leader" - used by lightning is created due to a process known as a runaway dielectric breakdown.

Throwing wires at the target can work to just shock it, but it's kinda limited in range, and won't work against insulated targets. A combat laser delivering an electric charge can penetrate insulation easier. Plus problems with resistance or wires and heating limit maximum delivered current. A laser-induced plasma channel is self-supporting as long as the laser and the electric arc both work, and will only become stronger if more current is pumped through it.

Of course, there are still issues with it, such as the plasma channel being essentially a tube of gas - therefore you can't sweep the beam too fast, and heavy winds may interfere as well, but I think combining the benefits of a tesla saber and a laser rifle in one weapon is worth the efforts and the drawbacks. Even in worst conditions, with no atmosphere, you still have a laser rifle with a tesla bayonet. :)

pre-edit: ninjas, ninjas everywhere! :P ))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11712 on: February 02, 2013, 01:32:28 pm »

((I knew about the effect you're talking about, but I don't think it will work like you design it right now due to practical considerations. Like how you would probably need a fairly strong laser and, I think, lots of voltage, and I'm not sure a normal human could carry the batteries/generators needed for the device.
But you could probably handwave that with the in-universe tech we have.
About the wire thing, if you have a sufficiently powerfull launcher and something like a sharp tip, it could probably penetrate some protection at least. And you usually don't need that much voltage anyway, as long as you get through whatever protection your unfortunate target has, he/she/it is probably toast.

Oh, and one could use the wire-launcher and set it up as a trap or for area denial, something the electrolaser could never do.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11713 on: February 02, 2013, 06:15:03 pm »

((The laser rifle laser is extremely powerful, One did slice a silent world combat robot in HALF))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11714 on: February 02, 2013, 09:36:32 pm »

Open tinker, and bring up a monoatomic sword. Investigate possible different materials for the filament.

Well, there are plenty of different types of Monoatomic Filament, but the general rule is that the stronger ones are less effective for cutting while the weaker ones cut more easily. Of course when I say "Less effective" the strongest ones still have a better cutting power then a razorblade.

SNOOPY

Save the "Beam Spork" project.

Done.
Modify the Token to allow ejection of parts of its explosive charge to lessen the destructive force in the field, should it be needed. Coat the business end of the device with strong adhesive, covered with lid of inert material to prevent accidental sticking. Give the whole thing a coating of gold paint.

This thing is gonna be about the size of half a soda can, by the way.

Rather then ejection, which is a big messy business with how that works, we'll use concentric rings of explosive. The explosive doesn't go unless it's hit with an electrical charge so you can chose how many rings you want to set off to dial the force.

Lid, ok. Paint, ok.

Contemplate using Hand Laser generators with stripped focusing chambers instead of the wire in the Daisycutter. If unsuccessful, save project with "-Scrapped" suffix.

That could work. Basically make it so they are attached to a central spinning wheel thing, sweeping the beams around. It wouldn't do diddly against most things, but against unarmored targets it would be good enough.

Add retractable straps to the rocket pod assembly of the Modular Suit, allowing the user to pull the pods onto his back like a backpack. Modify the mountings of the assembly to make this method possible, sliding the whole thing up into guiding rails on the back, and automatically locking it in place once at the top. Make the straps reachable when the pods are attached, so that the user can safely detach the assembly and lower it to the ground rather than let it drop or have to lie down.

Clever. Although this is gonna need a fair deal of modification, since you're gonna have to have all sorts of reenforced couplers and electronics connectors to connect the suit's computer to the pods. Good news is that once you have that sort of thing you can use it as a mount for other things too.

"Yeah, but are any other things that qualify that aren't single use?"

>A few, why, what is it you have in mind?

Ugh meant head Lamps... you know the suit mounted flashlights

Repeat on suit lights then boot poacher.

AH, makes more sense then. So infrared lights and an infrared sensor. Yeah, that works.

Poacher asks you to pick "predator" or "prey"

((Ok then))

Mount the kinetic amp so that it doesn't pickup the vibration, if that doesn't work add a delay between the activation of the amp and the deactivation of the vibrator motor and vice versa.

Add wires as necessary inorder to allow effective use in combat test against all levels of armour that are reasonably common

The problem isn't so much wires as the fact that the wires have to be Taunt in order to cut. So a whip with them doesn't really work.

Go to VR and load duel. Spawn a active drone with a katana then take out own and aim to decapitate it's head.
You want to roll 5's or do this battle for real?

"Wow, only four controls. It's like we're living like those medieval pharaohs of Canada or something."

Check the internet for info. Because clearly the medieval pharaohs of Canada did have internet.

What exactly do you want to type into space google?

Have happy booze dreams?

You dream of the inmate you desire most, naked and doing jumping jacks.

((It's more of a laser rifle that shoots a focused laser and electricity. With precise control of power levels, can work as a glorified taser too, but since we already have combat-grade lasers here, not using them is kinda silly.

A laser firing through gas - such as air, or any kind of atmosphere - heats up the gas it passes through, and ionizes it, creating plasma. This effect is called a LIPC - Laser Induced Plasma Channel. The channel is conductive, and can be used as a wire for the purposes of sending massive amounts of electricity into the impact point. This is the same mechanism that a natural lightning works through, except the plasma channel - "leader" - used by lightning is created due to a process known as a runaway dielectric breakdown.

Throwing wires at the target can work to just shock it, but it's kinda limited in range, and won't work against insulated targets. A combat laser delivering an electric charge can penetrate insulation easier. Plus problems with resistance or wires and heating limit maximum delivered current. A laser-induced plasma channel is self-supporting as long as the laser and the electric arc both work, and will only become stronger if more current is pumped through it.

Of course, there are still issues with it, such as the plasma channel being essentially a tube of gas - therefore you can't sweep the beam too fast, and heavy winds may interfere as well, but I think combining the benefits of a tesla saber and a laser rifle in one weapon is worth the efforts and the drawbacks. Even in worst conditions, with no atmosphere, you still have a laser rifle with a tesla bayonet. :)

pre-edit: ninjas, ninjas everywhere! :P ))

Guess it would work then. But it would have to be in the "Bayonet" configuration, not the split sorta thing.

Pages: 1 ... 779 780 [781] 782 783 ... 2101