_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 775 776 [777] 778 779 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5927698 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Anomaly in the box
« Reply #11640 on: January 30, 2013, 02:35:56 am »

Is it me, or the Fleshtech in that simulator is dead drunk?

(A bit late on the reply here, but I think he merely rolled a 6. Makes sense, right? I mean, he DID replace the heart, in the end... :D)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Crushing dreams and skulls.
« Reply #11641 on: January 30, 2013, 03:55:34 am »

((I can't help but think I'm going to be awful on missions. Not for IC reasons, but the fact that I seem to only be able to get one post a day out. PW's posting time is my sleeping time. Darn timezones. -_- ))

Anton pauses, hesitating. He wasn't ever good with social interaction - though given the circumstances, it was probably closer to business interaction. By how the woman looked, there was little doubt that she would be a superior to him. Anton sighed, partly in relief, partly in exasperation. Business interactions with superiors were an unavoidable part of his past life. "Well, nothing to it. Let's go."

Anton straightened himself up and walked to the woman. He'd read of standards of interaction in military organizations, and attempted to make a good impression. "Excuse me, ma'am. Anton Chernozorov, reporting for service in the Hazardous Materials Retrieval Corps. I am having difficulties locating an overseer or commanding officer, and was provided no directions for interaction with such. Can you help me?" Anton's posture slacks again as his focus drifts around the interior of the Armory. "Also, since this is the Armory... I would like to ask if there is any standard gear to be issued to new arrivals, and receive it, if possible."

Interact with the AM, as per above. Get briefed, receive any gear given.
(if Steve chimes in, inquire on any standard procedures for new arrivals, and what HMRC "recruits" do between missions. Get as many directions as possible.)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11642 on: January 30, 2013, 04:20:24 am »

((Thanks for the info))

-What is the price of an anomaly suit?
-Save Mk 3 for later

-New project
-Open cutting laser and lower diffraction of the beam
-Add heat sink infused casing of heat resistant plastics with reinforcing strips
-Add a correctly mounted video scope allowing for remote views of the battlefeild once drained of energy
-Have video scope able to zoom from 1x - 10x view along with thermal and motion sensing
-Add a tripod allowing for mounting to provide stable firing platform and prevent issues due to low strength.
-Add a cheap generator along with capacitor bank in case of requirement of extreme long range shot or high power (or both)

-How much will it cost?
-Can it be prototyped?

So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11643 on: January 30, 2013, 05:51:55 am »

"Something isn't right about this."

continue watching.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11644 on: January 30, 2013, 06:25:06 am »

-What is the price of an anomaly suit?

But it costs more then a dang battleship so it's barely ever used, and certainly not by people in the corps.

((Something tells me you wouldn't get enough tokens if you served in the corps until you died of old age, going on every single mission offered, and completing every one of PW's hidden "bonus" objectives for the extra tokens.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11645 on: January 30, 2013, 06:38:48 am »

You only get the one reroll. Ie, if it goes 1 or 2 on the first roll then I roll again, but if it's 1 or 2 again, then thats what it stays.

Sorry, I know its not terribly clear.

(( In that case... Well, this picture should make it clear:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In short, that means that a Neurophotonic Spinal column decreases your chances at rolling a 1 or a 2 by 5.55%, and since it costs 14 tokens, that's a decrease of 0.39% per token. Now, whether this is a good price is debatable, but the fact is that you can buy a whole lotta other stuff with 14 tokens. like, say, battlesuit-level armor.
So yeah, is it supposed to be like this, or is the price/chance to reroll subject to change?

By the way, if miscalculated, please let me know. If you have any comments or critique on my MS Paint skillz, be sure to send an e-mail to idontgiveadamn@yahoo.com ))
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 06:40:33 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11646 on: January 30, 2013, 07:32:20 am »

((I can't help but think I'm going to be awful on missions. Not for IC reasons, but the fact that I seem to only be able to get one post a day out. PW's posting time is my sleeping time. Darn timezones. -_- ))
((Don't worry. When people from a lot of different timezones are on a mission piecewise usually posts once a day, and even if he posts more often he usually waits for you if your character is doing or could be doing something important.))

((In short, that means that a Neurophotonic Spinal column decreases your chances at rolling a 1 or a 2 by 5.55%, and since it costs 14 tokens, that's a decrease of 0.39% per token. Now, whether this is a good price is debatable, but the fact is that you can buy a whole lotta other stuff with 14 tokens. like, say, battlesuit-level armor.
So yeah, is it supposed to be like this, or is the price/chance to reroll subject to change? ))
((Yes, but if you get just 6 more tokens you can get Full Body Prosthesis that has the Neurophotonic Spinal column and much much more. The only reason to buy just the column is either a)You want to keep your human torso but still have the bonuses or b)You have only 14 tokens and believe that rolling a 1 or 2 is the worst thing that can happen to you.))
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 07:34:47 am by Parisbre56 »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11647 on: January 30, 2013, 07:36:17 am »

((Basically, you have a 1/6 extra chance to not roll a 1 or 2. This is for /every/ roll, something mere battlesuit plating does not cover. If you roll a 1 or 2 1/3 of the time normally, then with this every 1 or 2 you roll will have a 16.(6)% chance to turn this roll into something else. Not suffering a random failure breakdown one out of six times it happens is still a pretty decent boost.))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11648 on: January 30, 2013, 07:52:49 am »

((Basically, you have a 1/6 extra chance to not roll a 1 or 2. This is for /every/ roll, something mere battlesuit plating does not cover. If you roll a 1 or 2 1/3 of the time normally, then with this every 1 or 2 you roll will have a 16.(6)% chance to turn this roll into something else. Not suffering a random failure breakdown one out of six times it happens is still a pretty decent boost.))

(Not really. The extra chance at 'not getting a 1/2' only increases by 5.55% overall. This is because, even if you do reroll, you still have 1/3 chance to get another 1 or a 2. Not saying that it should change per se, only that your net gain is far lower than one would intuitively expect.))

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11649 on: January 30, 2013, 08:26:20 am »

"What do we buy our items with?"

As this is said, pay attention to what AM's response to Anton is.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11650 on: January 30, 2013, 08:58:46 am »

(Not really. The extra chance at 'not getting a 1/2' only increases by 5.55% overall. This is because, even if you do reroll, you still have 1/3 chance to get another 1 or a 2. Not saying that it should change per se, only that your net gain is far lower than one would intuitively expect.))
((Oh, I did take that into account. The 5% net decrease still means that every one out of twenty rolls you would succeed instead of failing. The 1/6 figure is for the failures themselves. You will roll something that's not a fail every one out of six times you'd otherwise fail. (two thirds of one quarter is one sixth)))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11651 on: January 30, 2013, 09:34:54 am »

((Oh, I did take that into account. The 5% net decrease still means that every one out of twenty rolls you would succeed instead of failing. The 1/6 figure is for the failures themselves. You will roll something that's not a fail every one out of six times you'd otherwise fail. (two thirds of one quarter is one sixth)))

((If you take 'already having rolled a 1/2' as your starting point, then yes, you're right. Then your chance of 'not getting 1/2' rises from 0% to 16.7%. My point is simply that your overall chance of 'not getting 1/2' (meaning my starting point is before the first roll) only increases by 5%, which I think is not enough to warrant its token cost. Let me put it like this: for every 100 rolls, you will, on average, have 5 less 1/2 as your outcome. This includes 'useless' rolls, like when you try something that wouldn't work in the first place or rolls you could retry anyway. And when you factor in bonuses to skills, the neurospine's use drops even more (because, if you have +1 to a skill, and you roll 2, then you won't get a reroll for that 2 because it changes to a 3).
I appreciate your input though, my exams just finished and I'm having withdrawal symptoms :P))
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 09:36:28 am by Radio Controlled »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11652 on: January 30, 2013, 09:49:33 am »

((If you take 'already having rolled a 1/2' as your starting point, then yes, you're right. Then your chance of 'not getting 1/2' rises from 0% to 16.7%. My point is simply that your overall chance of 'not getting 1/2' (meaning my starting point is before the first roll) only increases by 5%, which I think is not enough to warrant its token cost. Let me put it like this: for every 100 rolls, you will, on average, have 5 less 1/2 as your outcome. This includes 'useless' rolls, like when you try something that wouldn't work in the first place or rolls you could retry anyway. And when you factor in bonuses to skills, the neurospine's use drops even more (because, if you have +1 to a skill, and you roll 2, then you won't get a reroll for that 2 because it changes to a 3).
I appreciate your input though, my exams just finished and I'm having withdrawal symptoms :P))
((You have to remember though, even with a +2 to a skill it's possible to have enough penalties to roll a 1. And the whole point of the implant is to try and catch the odd failure. 14 tokens is what, 3 missions? Two if you're being helpful. (One if you're /really/ lucky. :P) Fairly affordable, and prevents death or horrible mutilation through bad rolls every one out of six times it happens. Though I think that on the overall, a better way to do it is just pump up the stats and skills you want, and get some of those decompensators to cap overshots for the same money. ;) ))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11653 on: January 30, 2013, 11:52:34 am »

"On second thought, maybe not. I need to get drunk first."

Head to the Armory, and grab a few cases of beer, and a bottle of Xenos spit. If I see someone, do a quick layer check with my goggles, searching for hidden weapons, augments, or anything unusual. DO NOT CHECK THE ARMORY MASTER.

((Hrmm. Would getting drunk off my ass give me a bonus to will?))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11654 on: January 30, 2013, 12:34:31 pm »

((Hrmm. Would getting drunk off my ass give me a bonus to will?))

((Probably not. While you might get drunk enough to just black out or be just plain unable to process information, this carries the side effect of being too drunk to stay conscious or process information. If you get any less drunk, you'd probably be even more susceptible to suggestion, temptation, mind control and general mindfuckery))
Pages: 1 ... 775 776 [777] 778 779 ... 2101