_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 774 775 [776] 777 778 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5927369 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Anomaly in the box
« Reply #11625 on: January 28, 2013, 11:18:15 pm »

thank armoury master, buy new speaker while im there, practice installing it in tinker
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 11:28:22 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11626 on: January 28, 2013, 11:54:09 pm »

(( Is it me, or the Fleshtech in that simulator is dead drunk? Also, an awesome game! :P ))
Let's see... Hmmm. Just a moment, please.
Take off all the weapons and things that can be used as weapons (especially that suicide box) and put them away, no less than a few meters far. I don't think it would go that far... but if, for some reason, in the course of this or following discussion or mental therapy session they somehow trigger another bout of murderous madness (...please, no uncautious hypnosis), I'd rather that deathbox was out of my immediate reach.
Now, the circumstances - Maurice started recalling memories of just before and after the missing moments - a newcomer asks me to have a look at a picture of his, I gladly agree. As he shows me the picture, I stare into it - a detailed painting of... something, at this point my memories end - and then my mind is there again, that person is lying before me, bleeding, his throat cut open, there is blood all over me and my blade (which out of the blue is held in my hand), and people around are staring at me.

The tv starts displaying a story about "Unknown object on course for occupied space."
((( SHIT. Well, at least there is no further need to decypher those coordinates. I guess. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11627 on: January 28, 2013, 11:57:31 pm »

((I already stated that Renen is straight, and I was thinking to have his perv mode weaponized in a Hulk type of way. But for now, just the normal Renen becoming a weapon is good. Obs.: I don't know if the alterations made to normal Renen apply to the Perv-one.))

Answer:

Not yet.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11628 on: January 28, 2013, 11:58:48 pm »

I can just tell you right now, whatever you're planning to make here, it's gonna cost an exorbitant amount of tokens and isn't gonna get prototyped. That in mind.

-Mythril, with the "y". As per mixing it into armor, you could do that I suppose, but even just mixing in small amounts it's gonna be very expensive. You could probably get a reasonable increase in the strength of the metal covering a MKIII for about 10 tokens.

-Well, it's not so much a shunt, it's just an automated manipulator. As per stopping things, it's designed to stop things with X mass going at Y velocity. So it could stop atoms but it would pretty much overload instantly because it would be trying to stop everything.

-Holograms require a sort of particulate to function, something for the light to hit. So they wouldn't work too great if you're hoping to project some sort of holographic clone or something.

-Paints that can absorb light and radar and various things exist and aren't to expensive, but heat is a bit of a problem. See, the suit's shunt their heat out of two heat fins on the back of the suit, and those things can get very hot. And it's important that you don't block the heat they release or your own body heat will literally boil you alive since the suit is a near perfect temp insulator.

-Laser is fine, although overcharged shots and the like will cause damage to normal circuits if the aren't hardened and built for it.

-you can just use the camera and systems from the cam eyes without jamming in your head, so we'll just use that.

-As per that synth muscle, it's not that exoskeletons lack fine movement, indeed they're capable of finer movements then humans are. The thing about synth-limbs is that they're plain better then human flesh, which is why you get +1 for them.

-Hmmm is there anything like "adamantine" that's cheaper but a bit weaker, if so use that if the drop in defense and price are comparable. Also for a proto model the Mythrilised plates will only be the chest, head, and sheild. With the chest encompassing the upper arms and legs.

-Set the auto manipulator by generating a list that shows what speed a mass has to be travelling at in order to damage me then plug those speeds and corresponding masses into the manipulator thingy.

-for the holo stuff never mind

-Uh coat everything that can be without killing me.

-If the circuit reinforcing can be done easily then do it
otherwise have it modular so replacements can be slotted in

-Put the cameye systems in

-Is the suit able to be tuned to provide similar bonuses?

-Mount a manipulator holster on the inside of the sheild with a magneto manipulator coming standard.

Also why cant it be prototyped? in most cases this system is better than an avatar of war in theory.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 12:04:38 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11629 on: January 29, 2013, 12:05:12 am »

Anton pondered this for a second. "Armory is closer to a workshop. Briefing room sounds like a place you don't go to unless called. Workshop it is then." He walks off, following directions to the Armory, scratching his head. "This... is a strange place indeed."

Go to the Armory. Continue looking for important-looking non-convict personnel, or a way to contact such.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11630 on: January 29, 2013, 06:53:27 am »

"That worked surprisingly well..but this doesn't seem like a normal TV program.."
Watch that 'story'
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11631 on: January 29, 2013, 08:57:17 am »

Go back to the rec room and see what's on TV. If its something not interesting change the channel. Or get a bit to eat if I can't change channel.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11632 on: January 29, 2013, 10:54:02 am »

((PW, I have a question: when you have that neurophothonic spine thingy, and you succesfully roll for a reroll of a 1/2, what happens if it's a 1 or a 2 again? Will you roll for possible re-roll, or just leave it at that?))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #11633 on: January 29, 2013, 01:20:00 pm »

"Oh, that doesn't sound good."
Watch the TV along with the others.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11634 on: January 29, 2013, 03:54:35 pm »

"Huh. Oh well. Guess they aren't ready yet. Back to cube.

Record maths in cube. Try not to blow my mind again.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11635 on: January 29, 2013, 11:04:36 pm »

((Damn. I was hoping that the random 1 vs 1 would involve a seven-foot tall cactus and a sentient bowl of chow mein.))
Go through the list of anomalies that can be simulated and test my weapon in those circumstances.
Every possible anomaly?

Well, the first 6925 tests go poorly because they simply involve turning your head into various types of deserts.

Hey, I found a simulator of HMRC medical care!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXBbZV_48I0&feature=player_embedded
Pffffhahahahaha!

"Do we get any starting equipment, or do we purchase them ourselves? I just arrived, and I have no idea about what we're supposed to be doing afterwards."
"Gotta buy em yourself. Well, except for a MK I suit. You get that for free."

thank armoury master, buy new speaker while im there, practice installing it in tinker
You buy yourself a pair of speakers and head to the VR machine to practice putting them in.

[aux:3]
You ducttape the speakers in.
[aux:1]
You jam the speaker in your eye. Ow.
[aux:2]
Where the hell did you even put that speaker? You're in goddamn VR! You can spawn them whenever you want and you still lost it!
[Aux:5]
There we go. You think you know a bit more about this now.

(( Is it me, or the Fleshtech in that simulator is dead drunk? Also, an awesome game! :P ))
Let's see... Hmmm. Just a moment, please.
Take off all the weapons and things that can be used as weapons (especially that suicide box) and put them away, no less than a few meters far. I don't think it would go that far... but if, for some reason, in the course of this or following discussion or mental therapy session they somehow trigger another bout of murderous madness (...please, no uncautious hypnosis), I'd rather that deathbox was out of my immediate reach.
Now, the circumstances - Maurice started recalling memories of just before and after the missing moments - a newcomer asks me to have a look at a picture of his, I gladly agree. As he shows me the picture, I stare into it - a detailed painting of... something, at this point my memories end - and then my mind is there again, that person is lying before me, bleeding, his throat cut open, there is blood all over me and my blade (which out of the blue is held in my hand), and people around are staring at me.

The tv starts displaying a story about "Unknown object on course for occupied space."
((( SHIT. Well, at least there is no further need to decypher those coordinates. I guess. ))

You think someone else is already playing with the box-o-headmelt'n and the nurses and doctors probably don't want to give up their various scalpels and such.

After listening to your story the nurse smiles and says, "There is nothing to worry about. That incident never happened. Please do not ever speak of it again. Ever. "

((I already stated that Renen is straight, and I was thinking to have his perv mode weaponized in a Hulk type of way. But for now, just the normal Renen becoming a weapon is good. Obs.: I don't know if the alterations made to normal Renen apply to the Perv-one.))

Answer:

Not yet.

"Things could be done to allow you to use them. But they are dangerous. Yes. Very. Even if successful you will no longer be yourself. How far are you willing to go?"
I can just tell you right now, whatever you're planning to make here, it's gonna cost an exorbitant amount of tokens and isn't gonna get prototyped. That in mind.

-Mythril, with the "y". As per mixing it into armor, you could do that I suppose, but even just mixing in small amounts it's gonna be very expensive. You could probably get a reasonable increase in the strength of the metal covering a MKIII for about 10 tokens.

-Well, it's not so much a shunt, it's just an automated manipulator. As per stopping things, it's designed to stop things with X mass going at Y velocity. So it could stop atoms but it would pretty much overload instantly because it would be trying to stop everything.

-Holograms require a sort of particulate to function, something for the light to hit. So they wouldn't work too great if you're hoping to project some sort of holographic clone or something.

-Paints that can absorb light and radar and various things exist and aren't to expensive, but heat is a bit of a problem. See, the suit's shunt their heat out of two heat fins on the back of the suit, and those things can get very hot. And it's important that you don't block the heat they release or your own body heat will literally boil you alive since the suit is a near perfect temp insulator.

-Laser is fine, although overcharged shots and the like will cause damage to normal circuits if the aren't hardened and built for it.

-you can just use the camera and systems from the cam eyes without jamming in your head, so we'll just use that.

-As per that synth muscle, it's not that exoskeletons lack fine movement, indeed they're capable of finer movements then humans are. The thing about synth-limbs is that they're plain better then human flesh, which is why you get +1 for them.

-Hmmm is there anything like "adamantine" that's cheaper but a bit weaker, if so use that if the drop in defense and price are comparable. Also for a proto model the Mythrilised plates will only be the chest, head, and sheild. With the chest encompassing the upper arms and legs.

-Set the auto manipulator by generating a list that shows what speed a mass has to be travelling at in order to damage me then plug those speeds and corresponding masses into the manipulator thingy.

-for the holo stuff never mind

-Uh coat everything that can be without killing me.

-If the circuit reinforcing can be done easily then do it
otherwise have it modular so replacements can be slotted in

-Put the cameye systems in

-Is the suit able to be tuned to provide similar bonuses?

-Mount a manipulator holster on the inside of the sheild with a magneto manipulator coming standard.

Also why cant it be prototyped? in most cases this system is better than an avatar of war in theory.

Lets just talk about prototyping for now, then we'll come back to making this because it may have serious effects on how things are handled.

Potential prototypes should be:
1.Unique in some way: They've got to fill a niche that hasn't been filled.

2.Reasonably reliable: They can't kill their user 25% of the time, if operated correctly. I mean, sure, the people around here shoot each other in the foot 1/6th of the time, but thats their fault, not the gun's.

3.Be reasonably priced: Here's the thing. We have the "God" suit already. It's called the anomaly suit and it's so freaking loaded with protective measures that it could tank planetary destruction. But it costs more then a dang battleship so it's barely ever used, and certainly not by people in the corps. In general, if you're going above 10-15 tokens with a design, I am going to seriously question the viability of prototyping it.

4.Game balance: It's meta, but it's there. Sometimes I won't prototype something simply because it would involve giving a new player a dooms day device. And while I have nothing against doomsday devices, I love'em, I don't want to give it to people for free. You gotta earn your privilege to murder thousands by murdering a few dozen first.

As it is, your system is really nice and very pimped out but it's pretty much just an uber MK III that doesn't seem to fill any particular niche or improve on the design so much as it just adds some nice bells and whistles to it. That doesn't make it a bad system, hell, it's a pretty good one really and adding bells and whistles to existent equipment is how people like Milno have been getting along, but thats not really the sort of thing that I can prototype. Because then everyone would just make themselves an uber suit and prototype it.

Does that make sense? I really want to emphasize that it's not because the system is bad or that I don't like it, it's just that it's not fitting the criteria I'm looking for.

Anton pondered this for a second. "Armory is closer to a workshop. Briefing room sounds like a place you don't go to unless called. Workshop it is then." He walks off, following directions to the Armory, scratching his head. "This... is a strange place indeed."

Go to the Armory. Continue looking for important-looking non-convict personnel, or a way to contact such.
Well, the armory has a very beautiful looking lady sitting behind a window. Judging from her Apathy toward you she must be important!

"That worked surprisingly well..but this doesn't seem like a normal TV program.."
Watch that 'story'
Go back to the rec room and see what's on TV. If its something not interesting change the channel. Or get a bit to eat if I can't change channel.
"Oh, that doesn't sound good."
Watch the TV along with the others.
The news story is very vague. It makes no mention of exactly what occupied space or what kind of object or really any hard details. The news caster simply states that it is currently under investigation before moving on to talk about a man-dog show.

((PW, I have a question: when you have that neurophothonic spine thingy, and you succesfully roll for a reroll of a 1/2, what happens if it's a 1 or a 2 again? Will you roll for possible re-roll, or just leave it at that?))
You only get the one reroll. Ie, if it goes 1 or 2 on the first roll then I roll again, but if it's 1 or 2 again, then thats what it stays.

Sorry, I know its not terribly clear.

"Huh. Oh well. Guess they aren't ready yet. Back to cube.

Record maths in cube. Try not to blow my mind again.
Are...are you sure you wanna do that? You are currently under the delusion that you have no head.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11636 on: January 29, 2013, 11:16:06 pm »

install speaker for reals, if i fail go back to tinker and learn some more then try again.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Crushing dreams and skulls.
« Reply #11637 on: January 29, 2013, 11:33:56 pm »

((Loved that video linked. Fucking lungs, always getting in the way of transplanting things. :P

Also PW just gave someone a second chance to murder themselves with an artifact. I am wary.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11638 on: January 30, 2013, 12:21:15 am »

(( Eh, I meant my own equipment, not theirs. Well, whatever. ))
Smile in return.
Sure. So, just to confirm - I am not expected to start having times of no control over my body as there should be no residual mental corruption that just happened to have occured, without any particular cause or trigger?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11639 on: January 30, 2013, 02:29:48 am »

Test the weapon only in anomalies that HMRC units may be sent into and can survive in.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 ... 774 775 [776] 777 778 ... 2101