_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 772 773 [774] 775 776 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5929058 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Anomaly in the box
« Reply #11595 on: January 27, 2013, 12:07:17 pm »

As you wish.

Now, dear helpful nurse, could you please tell me whether during my earlier recuperation time here I had the mental state examination I requested? If not, could I have it now?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11596 on: January 27, 2013, 12:14:20 pm »

"Nah. I just stared at that cube. Here's a tip. Don't stare at the cube."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #11597 on: January 27, 2013, 12:18:34 pm »

"Gladly. I don't want to be melted."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11598 on: January 28, 2013, 02:24:31 am »

Test my Bullet Hell sim.
((I've a got a feeling I'll need someone more qualified to test this properly.))

Hmmm. I'm still thinking about how this will work. See, I know what you're going for here, but because of how Manipulators function it's probably not gonna work.

Anton looks at the man being led away and sighs. "I have a distinct feeling this is going to be a very fun experience." He looks over himself and sighs again. "Okay then, let's start with the problems, and go in sequence."

Locate and apply towel. Locate and apply clothing. Locate and apply food. Locate and report to person in charge. Attempt to avoid crowds or especially excited individuals through this process.

You use a shirt from the clothing bin as a towel and then grab yourself a pair of pants and a shirt. After a bit of wandering through the ship you manage to find the mess hall and get yourself some food. You attempt to ignore all the people hanging around. As per who is in charge you don't see anyone standing around in a big hat or with lots of shiny buttons on their shirt.

remove data cable, replace it with wireless modem
Copy echolocator micro computer, modify it to connect directly to suit external comms systems and HUD.

Do this, top line should create the remote module and bottom should make bat chip.
make sure the bat chip has wireless connectivity with the remote echolocation modules.
Ensure bat chip sends out 60 encoded pulses per second
Wireless module should send out 25 pulses per second.
Pulse encoding should prevent the same pulse being recorded multiple times, this should eliminate phantom teammates appearing due to echos.

I feel as though I'm missing things here. From what I can gather you what some sort of shark repellant spray central chip that receives signals from outside echolocation module thingies. Riddle me this, Flying nocturnal mammal male, is that at all anything like what you had in mind or am I wrong in a way that would allow me to keep making Batman jokes?

Sort of... i want the central chip to recieve the decoded data from the remote modules but i also want it to tie into the suits external comms and use them as the primary echolocation module.

Ah,ok. Well lets see...The speakers on the suit's aren't great for anything besides your audible frequencies, they weren't made to be broadcasting encoded ultrasound obviously. They'd work for that but don't expect the quality of the images they produce to be great, especially in oddly shaped places.

((hmm that line of thinking is interesting.....))

-Go to VR

-Bring up list of extremely strong materials (like the edge of the mono blade) and research with following "Tags" - Able to be molded, treatable to be stiff or flexible also high heat conductivity and melting point.

-Message armory master about either a blade that when swung and activated can cut at longer ranges with "blades" of air. Or can be activated to via either release of heated particles via fusion to melt anything or creation of micro-blackholes on the blade edge to produce an infinitely sharp surface that won't be dangerous due to the effects of hawking radiation giving them a life of less than a
second. Also ask if there is a way to apply the enhanced force of a kinetic amp without destroying it.

-Bring up targets at 10 through to 1000 meters at 10 meter intervals find the exact range where the microwave manipulator can no-longer function nominally. setup targets ranging from 10 meters to this range then position such that targets can only be identified via cameras from freindly units. Spawn a teammate and have them be invincible for test purposes and un-armed then synch video feeds and practice taking down targets using this video feed. For Freindly AI just have them sit and aim cam at target occasionally ducking as if to avoid fire. Record results.

-Create a MK III built for the maximum in all feilds but with a predisposition towards movemoent and offense. Use computer to generate

Oh dear this is a big post. Lets just start from the top.

You enter the vr machine. Ok, thats easy.

Well, monoatomic razors are built around filaments, which aren't really that strong against impacts...oh well, we got plenty of hard metal stuff. Hmm, high heat conductivity and melting point, yeah, we got some like that too, though they're often pseudo-crystalline in nature so they may be fragile in regards to certain types of forces.

As per your talk with the armory master,her response is
Have you been reading pulp sci-fi while drinking paint thinner?

And as per the limits of the Manipulator, it doesn't have any. It's only limited by the users capacity for spacial reasoning.

Frowning at the lack of maps, Chaz starts to think about what to do.
'Perfect... Well, there has to be somewhere I should be going to... Maybe there's an armory or something?'

Try and find The Armory.
You find the armory pretty easily. There are lots of signs that say "Armory" leading right to it.

"Hell no. My mind has been fucked with enough. No more mind fuckery. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go find someone."

Search for the sillouette again. Stay in the medbay, just in case.

You look around. Oh, hey, there it is...and there's another. Why are there two now? And why are they closer then last time?

Go see if the doctor needs any volunteers for anything.
He doesn't look to be anywhere in the infirmary, at least nowhere you see.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11599 on: January 28, 2013, 02:58:13 am »

Yay batchip works,
load a cheap ultrasound compatible speaker and save the batchip, speaker and remote modules as a single project.
Save flamethrower.
Get quotes on production costs and combat specs.
Exit VR
If i can buy the batchip and speaker for 3 tokens or less do so.

If purchased successfully, practice installing the chip and speaker in VR until im confident i wont destroy them in the process
Install them in my suit for real
Wear suit because i forgot to get dressed prior to booting tinker.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 03:22:45 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11600 on: January 28, 2013, 03:01:41 am »

(( Errr.))
Now, dear helpful nurse, could you please tell me whether during my earlier recuperation time here I had the mental state examination I requested? If not, could I have it now?
Pester medical personnel.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11601 on: January 28, 2013, 03:55:01 am »

((I wasn't aiming for manipulator equation simulation. I just want the game to generate random, complicated equations regardless of whether or not a manipulator would ever use them.))
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 03:57:22 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11602 on: January 28, 2013, 04:34:49 am »

Strange place. Strange people. A lot of strange people, Anton thought. And not a single overseer in sight. Is this even a prison? Well, besides supposedly being a spaceship where there isn't exactly anywhere to escape to. "Hm. Probably cameras everywhere. Well, there's bound to be somewhere for new people to go", Anton reasoned, getting up.

Continue avoiding inmates for the moment, look around for directions. Follow directions to whatever seems closest to the sort of thing a fresh inmate is supposed to report to - like a warden's office. Look for directions to a workshop as well.

((Anton's not very good with people... or teamwork. He really prefers machines to people. His service with the HMRC is bound to be eventful. :P))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11603 on: January 28, 2013, 05:44:44 am »

((Okayy))

See if alloys of those metals that followed the tags have a better overall fit towards the guidelines

After finding best alloy or pure metal, remove outer plating and replace with new metal and under primary plates (Chest, Calves, Head, Pauldrons) add an auto K-shunt (if available) that just sucks up energy and puts it out when lifting objects.  Remove internal electrical generator and replace with more powerful version. Place a mounted laser platform on one arm that is powered by the generator that is basically the arm cannon from metroid that is constructed from the internal parts of 3 laser rifles that also have batteries in case of reactor failure. For the right arm have an arm mounted sheild made of
the same substance as the outer armour that is a similar shape as Artorias sheild from Dark Souls but a bit smaller and at the lower edge have storage for a tesla sabre that is held in the hand and wired into the main system.

((sorry for long posts but I've got to squeze as much as possible.))

So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11604 on: January 28, 2013, 08:32:05 am »

Satisfied that he was able to get there, Chaz now has to find the person in charge...

"Hmm... Isn't there anyone in charge here?"
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11605 on: January 28, 2013, 08:38:10 am »

"Whaddya want shadow men?"

Walk up to the silouettes and try and get them to talk.

((Oh man. They're multiplying. Not good.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11606 on: January 28, 2013, 09:42:28 am »

Answer:

My greatest trait? I'm a little good with exotic weaponry and I have started training with swords recently.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11607 on: January 28, 2013, 11:27:26 am »

Ask Steve if he knows where Herr Doktor is.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11608 on: January 28, 2013, 12:07:54 pm »

Answer:

My greatest trait? I'm a little good with exotic weaponry and I have started training with swords recently.

((I'd like to see the Doctor somehow weaponize Renen's pervert mode. That would be pretty fun.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11609 on: January 28, 2013, 01:15:54 pm »

((I'd like to see the Doctor somehow weaponize Renen's pervert mode. That would be pretty fun.))
((For the sake of anyone on board, especially people who still have human bodies, I wouldn't like to see that. Whatever it ends up being, I'm certain it will end with Steve venting the compartment... or making high budget adult movies. Or both.))
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 01:20:32 pm by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 772 773 [774] 775 776 ... 2101