_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 769 770 [771] 772 773 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5929262 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Anomaly in the box
« Reply #11550 on: January 25, 2013, 03:50:11 pm »

(Don't worry about what kind of character is needed; there's so many that pretty much all types are covered, and who goes on a mission is random so there might be a mission consisting of like all conventional weapon users or three medics and Jim or some other combination like that. Make whatever seems most interesting to you. If you want some advice, though, probably invest a few points into Handiwork and/or be a Technician so you can make the stuff you come up with in Tinker. ^^^ Plus I don't believe we actually have a Technician-classed character. >.>)

((Bishop's a Technician. He's the only one, though.

However, what is true is that it really doesn't matter exactly what your character's specialty. Play whatever you wish and they'll probably come in handy at some point. Yes, even the Speech-specialized Grunt. Especially a speech-specialized grunt, actually, since I'm sure we don't have any of those.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11551 on: January 25, 2013, 03:52:46 pm »

((My advice would be to spend plenty of points in charisma and speech. Most other things can be ignored really.

... But seriously, strenght and endurance are the easiest to get through gear like exoskeletons, so you don't need those as much.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11552 on: January 25, 2013, 03:59:05 pm »

(Don't worry about what kind of character is needed; there's so many that pretty much all types are covered, and who goes on a mission is random so there might be a mission consisting of like all conventional weapon users or three medics and Jim or some other combination like that. Make whatever seems most interesting to you. If you want some advice, though, probably invest a few points into Handiwork and/or be a Technician so you can make the stuff you come up with in Tinker. ^^^ Plus I don't believe we actually have a Technician-classed character. >.>)
((With so many robots around, kind of a wonder. Though I suppose you have the fleshtechs. And Bishop. And yes, looking at the charsheets, a Tech class would suit me best, with a point into con/uncon weapons so I can actually use the things afterwards. :P It's only a matter of coming up with a background and reading the rest of the two threads... not necessarily in that order. ^_^'))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11553 on: January 25, 2013, 04:07:13 pm »

((Dang, now I really want to play a Speech-specialized Grunt. With a Tesla Arc. Seriously, why hasn't anybody used that yet? It's, like, totally awesome. Best teamkilling weapon +3 ever.))

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11554 on: January 25, 2013, 05:10:12 pm »

Arrive on the ship.
((I think you forgot to give a character sheet. Unless you did and I just didn't see it. Anyway, just saying so that you won't miss a turn.))

((Also, Radio Controlled is right. If I had joined before reading I could have had some more fun on the ship, talked to some NPCs, maybe even made some custom equipment. The sooner you join the more fun you're going to have!))

((Don't worry, I PM'd Piecewise it. It didn't seem like a good idea to post it in the middle of the action.))
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11555 on: January 25, 2013, 05:14:18 pm »

((Thing is, I want to tinker. ^_^))

((Wonderful, another one of us to addle PW's english major mind with physics, and other such hard sciences!))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11556 on: January 25, 2013, 06:34:36 pm »

((Also, it still boggles my mind that PW is an English major. I'd have thought he'd be chemistry or something.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11557 on: January 25, 2013, 06:59:46 pm »

Mason is still alive (which he also is by the status page, but also dead, which is kinda confusing).
((There are two Masons, one played by Ehndras (who hasn't been that active recently) and the other played by anailater (the universe seems to quite literally hate his guts).
The former is alive, the latter is dead.))
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 07:12:43 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11558 on: January 25, 2013, 07:09:35 pm »

((Wasnt that the one that was ripped apart by an unhappy armoury master?))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11559 on: January 25, 2013, 07:12:17 pm »

((Wasnt that the one that was ripped apart by an unhappy armoury master?))
((No, that would be Elizas(mutilated) and Cloud(insta-killed).))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11560 on: January 25, 2013, 07:15:43 pm »

Oh by the way my character is also a technician, just so you know
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11561 on: January 25, 2013, 07:16:45 pm »

((As is mine.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11562 on: January 25, 2013, 07:24:43 pm »

I cant wait till my bat-chip is perfected... it has so many potential uses...
Only problem is the chips probably going to go the way of my electromagnetic stake thrower

Hell the damn thing probably costs 3-4 tokens already...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11563 on: January 25, 2013, 07:50:02 pm »

I cant wait till my bat-chip is perfected... it has so many potential uses...
Only problem is the chips probably going to go the way of my electromagnetic stake thrower

Hell the damn thing probably costs 3-4 tokens already...
Don't forget the fact that it doesn't work in vacuum. If you go on a mission in some ship, asteroid, planetoid or airless anomaly that thing is worthless. Maybe you could make some sort of lidar that works the same or better. Electromagnetic radiation is so much easier to work with and can tell you so much more about the environment. You could see through walls, analyze objects' chemical composition based on how they refract different light frequencies, see things that are invisible to the naked eye, detect heat sources, see the polarization of light... All you need is a powerful computer, the right software and a bunch of high quality sensors and light emmiters and you'll have something like the Predator's mask. But that would be a bit expensive. Hmmm... It is decided. Once I get back I'm making a Predator mask, if only to see if it will work.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11564 on: January 25, 2013, 08:58:10 pm »

((Also, it still boggles my mind that PW is an English major. I'd have thought he'd be chemistry or something.))
((Well, it explains the writing quality.))
Pages: 1 ... 769 770 [771] 772 773 ... 2101