_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 767 768 [769] 770 771 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5926173 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Anomaly in the box
« Reply #11520 on: January 23, 2013, 07:26:37 pm »

((Good point. Though this test would allow me to see whether altered are affected by narcotics in the same way humans are.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11521 on: January 23, 2013, 07:36:06 pm »

((Probably not, considering how alien they are.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11522 on: January 23, 2013, 07:39:11 pm »

((Man, kisame has the worst luck with artifacts.

Also I PM'd Scelly about Ivan some time ago, he never got back to me, so presumably he's indeed ambivalent about his fate.

That said, I did have some plans of my own for him. Which wouldn't really be better than spacing him in a practical sense, but eh.

...also now I'm getting even more plans that would be better. Dibs on not-spaced Ivan until I've explored some things. :I

Also I guess I might as well comment on the Q&A session here: Too long, but definitely fascinating. I think breaking it down into more manageable chunks would be better next time.

Also so many clues about how we're going to die horribly. Plus confirmation that Haebi War incoming. And speculation about EVERYTHING.))

EDIT:

((I also got a pile of PW quotes out of it. :P))

"I will fuck with you, is what I'm trying to say here, I will ALWAYS fuck with you."

"Steve has a green accent. He has a distinctly green accent, it's maybe a northern green accent? I don't know if that comes off but I think it does."

"They I know would be very sad if they died, I don't want to let that hold me back."

"He just kind of melted and there wasn't anything anyone could do. Which I guess is kinda how the game works, you know. Sometimes, you're just kinda fucked."

"The longer you stick around, the more regret I'll have while typing out the detailed description of your head being crushed."

"And you've got the Doctor who's mainly sticking around just because he is in a wonderland of available flesh."
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 07:41:24 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11523 on: January 23, 2013, 07:57:32 pm »

Figure out if changing the laser intensity can increase the effective range to long range, also try to figure out a setting to increase short range stopping power
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11524 on: January 23, 2013, 08:08:17 pm »

((Heh. I listened to the podcast, and thanks for the hint about the cube. And as long as my eye still works, I can just peer into them manipulators. Man those goggles were the best thing that happened to me. Besides the whole making my head explode bit. That was... unexpected.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11525 on: January 23, 2013, 08:09:18 pm »

((Heh. I listened to the podcast, and thanks for the hint about the cube. And as long as my eye still works, I can just peer into them manipulators. Man those goggles were the best thing that happened to me. Besides the whole making my head explode bit. That was... unexpected.))
((At first I thought it was a hallucination. Seems to be holding, though...?))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11526 on: January 23, 2013, 08:10:17 pm »

((It may be an illusion, but considering what the cube did last time I screwed with it, my head actually exploded.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11527 on: January 23, 2013, 09:26:21 pm »

((It may be an illusion, but considering what the cube did last time I screwed with it, my head actually exploded.))

((I wonder, what will happen if Der Doktor sees you walking around sans head?))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11528 on: January 23, 2013, 09:30:06 pm »

((Certainly a good question. The thing that's bothering me though, is how is he seeing gogglevision with no head? Presumably that precludes wearing goggles correctly either, so either his vision has transferred completely to innate sight or his goggles are still floating there/attached spiritually.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11529 on: January 23, 2013, 10:01:10 pm »

((Certainly a good question. The thing that's bothering me though, is how is he seeing gogglevision with no head? Presumably that precludes wearing goggles correctly either, so either his vision has transferred completely to innate sight or his goggles are still floating there/attached spiritually.))
(("Interesting. Must experiment on this."))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11530 on: January 23, 2013, 10:06:36 pm »

((Pop a stiffy?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11531 on: January 23, 2013, 10:07:12 pm »

((Also, before you space/dissect Ivan, hork his melty armor and panacea-ish.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11532 on: January 23, 2013, 10:25:13 pm »

((I finally finished listening to the podcast and it is great. Good work, piecewise. Sorry for the lack of contribution, these last days have been a blur of confusion to me IRL.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11533 on: January 24, 2013, 02:01:24 am »

Well, the result of firing at the battle suit is "Plink".  AP round or not, thing is still a battle suit. It takes a direct hit from a gauss cannon with Nuke tip shells and survives. Not in good shape, mind you, but survives.
well there goes my whole reason for making the damn thing :(

As per your electronic bat radar there, boy wonder, I see no reason why it can't work, although there is the minor flaw that what it would illuminate would essentially be the exact same as what you could visually see from the same vantage point. If thats not a problem, more power to you.
A) sound bounces around corners
B)ultrasounds to see through stuff, like thin doors and into people.
C)light amps + dark corridor = oh look some expendable twat to shoot at
D)multiple devices can be used together to map areas and track movement

delete stake thrower, keep thermic lance rounds though... may still be useful
Create a smaller battery powered echolocator that will transmit results wirelessly

Holy chiropterology, bat man, I don't know how echolocation works.

Before I let you go bat-nuts with that, do you have any sort of articles or evidence or anything about it going around corners? Because I would think that if it's going around the corner it's gotta be bouncing off things first, which would mean you'd have sound being distorted by multiple things, which would make using it for mapping hard. Least that's what I would expect; maybe I just don't know jack 'bout bats.

((Ok))
Read message, Continue to-do list after reacting to the message.
It doesn't seem like the crystals are effecting by microwaves, at least not microwaves on low enough levels not to just melt them. And while they seem to refract enough of a low level laser to remain intact, they don't survive under anything much higher then a  hand laser.

That was not my intention at first, but it is better to use a ranged weapon. Just getting close and slashing can be very tiring for one. I should buy a gun, but I'm not too good on its use though.
"Killing is about removing an obstacle. The most effective tool is best. Perhaps something else is needed. Long range, but not a bullet. Hmm. Tell me. What is your greatest trait?"

"Uhhh. Ahem. MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC!"

Find a mirror, examine where my head used to be.

((That motherfucking cubulator. Well, there goes my idea of selling alien math. Dammit. At least I was in the medbay.))

You walk to the bathroom in the barracks and look at your head. Or lack there of. It's gone alright. goggles are still there though. Your left arm falls off.

"Oh come on. Should have bought the warranty on this bloody thing."

"What the shit?"

Design a mech between a avatar and a battlesuit. First get the exoskeleton and scale to 8 meters then put armour where tge pilot will bit and any other vital areas. Also scale a gauss rifle, laser rifle or somesort of gauss machine-gun for it. Also design a melee weapon for it to use. Also give it boosters on the back.

((I wonder what will happen.))

Your scaling up of a Exoskeleton to 8 meters produces something that only someone who is seven and a half meters tall could wear. Hmm.

Do you just want a bigger, stronger battle suit or what? What is the function of this thing? What are the main things you want it to have?

Should it have sick-ass spinners and rims?

Guess who's back? :)

Arnie?

Analyze the results, how large is the killzone, how far away must I be to the back of the charge to be safe, how far do the bullets travel, how long does the flamey death area last for.
See if ammunition for the rifle can use piezoelectric shard fluids rather than ClF3.
Start a new VR sim, keep myself in an intangible dev mode. Spawn an altered. Overdose it with bluesmokes.

((I wonder if the calming effects of bluesmokes can help keep Ivan sane for a while.))
The area of effect varies depending on what the thing hits, but 5, 10 yards should be safe from even stray droplets. Flamey can last for a few seconds to a minute or more depending on how spread out.

No, cant use the Shard fluid. Well it could but it wouldn't actually do anything.

The program tells you that it doesn't have adequate data to  simulate the effects of blue smoke on Altered. It also tells you it doesn't have data about if the Altered strain is sexually transmittable. How...strangely preemptive.

((Man, kisame has the worst luck with artifacts.

Also I PM'd Scelly about Ivan some time ago, he never got back to me, so presumably he's indeed ambivalent about his fate.

That said, I did have some plans of my own for him. Which wouldn't really be better than spacing him in a practical sense, but eh.

...also now I'm getting even more plans that would be better. Dibs on not-spaced Ivan until I've explored some things. :I

Also I guess I might as well comment on the Q&A session here: Too long, but definitely fascinating. I think breaking it down into more manageable chunks would be better next time.

Also so many clues about how we're going to die horribly. Plus confirmation that Haebi War incoming. And speculation about EVERYTHING.))

EDIT:

((I also got a pile of PW quotes out of it. :P))

"I will fuck with you, is what I'm trying to say here, I will ALWAYS fuck with you."

"Steve has a green accent. He has a distinctly green accent, it's maybe a northern green accent? I don't know if that comes off but I think it does."

"They I know would be very sad if they died, I don't want to let that hold me back."

"He just kind of melted and there wasn't anything anyone could do. Which I guess is kinda how the game works, you know. Sometimes, you're just kinda fucked."

"The longer you stick around, the more regret I'll have while typing out the detailed description of your head being crushed."

"And you've got the Doctor who's mainly sticking around just because he is in a wonderland of available flesh."

Jim's already sent me more questions for another one, if other people still have questions. I'll try to break this one up a bit more, if it needs it.

Figure out if changing the laser intensity can increase the effective range to long range, also try to figure out a setting to increase short range stopping power

Increasing the intensity can increase the effectiveness at longer ranges, though only by so much. And yeah, you discover How to make it a laser shotgun, which is what I assume you were fishing for there.

((I finally finished listening to the podcast and it is great. Good work, piecewise. Sorry for the lack of contribution, these last days have been a blur of confusion to me IRL.))

Nah Prob Brah. I've been down to a post a day because of work on other things myself.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11534 on: January 24, 2013, 02:11:52 am »

Hehe nah your right, the sound goes around the corner but bats only get the first bounce

Ultrasound is valid though and ultra low frequencies can travel for miles so theoretically i could map more through echolocation than i could with standard eyeballs.
Mapping at that distance is obviously impractical but it will allow for extremeley large rooms to be mapped with ease.

remove data cable, replace it with wireless modem
Copy echolocator micro computer, modify it to connect directly to suit external comms systems and HUD.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 12:19:52 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 767 768 [769] 770 771 ... 2101