_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 766 767 [768] 769 770 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5926308 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Anomaly in the box
« Reply #11505 on: January 23, 2013, 01:01:56 am »

Anyone feel like explaining to me how prototyping works? i really need a way of cutting down the costs on this thing ready for my first mission :P

modify rifle to use stock power and a capacitor bank.
test fire against the chest plate of a battle suit at optimal range using the 150mmx25mm AP rounds

Alter my magnesium jacket rounds to contain the gau-8 rounds chemical storage and alter it to funnel the chemicals into a heat resistant tube upon impact turning the bullet into a thermic lance. (And igniting the jacket thus welding it in place)

Start another new project, bring up a the smallest most cost effective sonic frequency generator the HMRC had access to, connect it to a micro-computer and a microphone.
Have the computer use the frequency generator to send out sonic pulses of a preset frequency then record the time it takes for the rebounding soundwaves to reach the microphone and use the data to map the area. Allow for timestamping and frequency encoding.
Output this data as a 3D image overlay to a pair of nifty sunglasses or a suits heads up display via an output cable.

Well, the result of firing at the battle suit is "Plink".  AP round or not, thing is still a battle suit. It takes a direct hit from a gauss cannon with Nuke tip shells and survives. Not in good shape, mind you, but survives.

Clearly we just need to armor the battle suit's in 1960's era refrigerators.Then they'd be completely immune to nukes!

As per your electronic bat radar there, boy wonder, I see no reason why it can't work, although there is the minor flaw that what it would illuminate would essentially be the exact same as what you could visually see from the same vantage point. If thats not a problem, more power to you.

((good))

Read message then respond if nessesary proceed to talk to doc if appropriate otherwise make appointment and proceed with mission.

I just told you I don't really know what you're talking about. Mind elaborating?

[...]
Out of curiosity you do know we have range ratings on the armory page right?
[...]
((Actually no, I didn't know, so thanks for that :D. Does 'Armory Page' refer to the OP in the mission thread? Didn't see anything of the sort there. Can I still examine the laser rifle?))

[...]
Examine rifle to see if there's some sort of switch or something to change the laser optics' settings.
[...]

I'll explain a bit since my system is as easy to follow as three card monte.

So we have ourselves those weapon listings under the "Armory" section of the OP. And in those individual entries we have something like this, which I lifted from the Gauss rifle:

Range: Melee:-1 Short:+1  Medium:0 Long: -3 Extreme: Na

Now, what this means is that at Melee range you're going to roll a -1 to hit with it, at short range, you'll roll a +1 to the [Con] roll for aiming, a med a +0, etc. Now, if you compare those numbers to the range break down I gave you last post you can get a rough idea of the effective range of a standard, unmodified weapon. Generally, when it has a massive negative or just NA, it's not gonna work.

And as per a switch on the laser, yeah, turns out there is. One that lets you modify the intensity of all things.

Stare into the math layer of the cube with the goggles, and try to copy the "Math" onto the datapad. Save it to one datachip.
[will:1-1]

Your head explodes into gore. It sorta stings a bit. You ignore this mild discomfort because of the fact that, despite very distinctly lacking a head or upper neck area, you're still conscious and still seeing things.  Curious.

Before we start, do I have to try to get close to you and attack with my sword or will I get a ranged weapon to counter with?

Prepare to avoid the bullets, with the help of the bullet time mode, ask the question.

The doctor taps the gun on his shoulder.

"Dunno. You gonna carry a gun on mission?"

Load tinker. Try and design something between a battlesuit and avatar of war. That is cheaper than atleast the avatar. Keep on trying until successful.

Woah woah woah there cowboy, restrain yourself, there are ladies present.

You can't just be thrusting mad and blind into lady science and crossing your fingers that something coated in lasers and winning-ness comes out.You have to go slow, have to tell her what you want, have to be specific. Maybe buy her dinner or start with some sort of base to build off of or modify. She is a delicate flower. A delicate flower with railguns.

All right. Break is over!
Go to the Armory Master, request paints and canvases. Return to the Rec room and paint a portrait of Milno, in his iconic armor, with the face hidden behind the enigmatic badger helmet. Try to convey his aura of snarkiness and competence.
[handiwork:6-1]

Oh god this picture is fucking perfect. You don't even know. It's actually better then the real Milno. More detailed too. Yeah. Yeah. Figure that one out, smarty pants.
((Milno has become the games first folk hero.))

One token to the first person who composes an acoustic guitar ballad about the legends of Milno the Snark. Te....fiv...Seven tokens if you actually do it in real life and create an MP3.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11506 on: January 23, 2013, 01:50:49 am »

Well, the result of firing at the battle suit is "Plink".  AP round or not, thing is still a battle suit. It takes a direct hit from a gauss cannon with Nuke tip shells and survives. Not in good shape, mind you, but survives.
well there goes my whole reason for making the damn thing :(

As per your electronic bat radar there, boy wonder, I see no reason why it can't work, although there is the minor flaw that what it would illuminate would essentially be the exact same as what you could visually see from the same vantage point. If thats not a problem, more power to you.
A) sound bounces around corners
B)ultrasounds to see through stuff, like thin doors and into people.
C)light amps + dark corridor = oh look some expendable twat to shoot at
D)multiple devices can be used together to map areas and track movement

delete stake thrower, keep thermic lance rounds though... may still be useful
Create a smaller battery powered echolocator that will transmit results wirelessly
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 03:48:25 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11507 on: January 23, 2013, 04:47:41 am »

((Ok))
Read message, Continue to-do list after reacting to the message.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11508 on: January 23, 2013, 11:04:09 am »

That was not my intention at first, but it is better to use a ranged weapon. Just getting close and slashing can be very tiring for one. I should buy a gun, but I'm not too good on its use though.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11509 on: January 23, 2013, 12:28:42 pm »

"Uhhh. Ahem. MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC!"

Find a mirror, examine where my head used to be.

((That motherfucking cubulator. Well, there goes my idea of selling alien math. Dammit. At least I was in the medbay.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11510 on: January 23, 2013, 03:29:37 pm »

"What the shit?"

Design a mech between a avatar and a battlesuit. First get the exoskeleton and scale to 8 meters then put armour where tge pilot will bit and any other vital areas. Also scale a gauss rifle, laser rifle or somesort of gauss machine-gun for it. Also design a melee weapon for it to use. Also give it boosters on the back.

((I wonder what will happen.))

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11511 on: January 23, 2013, 03:31:03 pm »

Guess who's back? :)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11512 on: January 23, 2013, 03:33:50 pm »

((Slim shady?))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11513 on: January 23, 2013, 03:38:03 pm »

((lets hooe Ivan doesn't die now. :D))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11514 on: January 23, 2013, 03:42:53 pm »

(I'm considering spacing him the next time I get on-ship. >.>)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11515 on: January 23, 2013, 03:59:16 pm »

((In the space of an hour I created a bit of backstory for Morul if Ivan goes nuts and Morul is onboard. I have way too much free time.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11516 on: January 23, 2013, 04:54:45 pm »

((Ticking-time bomb Ivan is not a good thing, and since Scelly (I think it was Scelly?) Has vanished, I agree with spacing him. And if he goes off, he'll be having a grenade in the chitin-plated, cicada-chattering face before he gets near me. Might actually save my chemical one for that occasion, if it arises...))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11517 on: January 23, 2013, 04:59:32 pm »

(I'm probably going to have Jim consult Milno about it pretty soon and see if he agrees; as the two most proactive Bastards and since it's entirely in Jim's character to protect the majority of the HMRC and Milno's to do the most practical thing we both have reasons to space his inevitably-turning-hostile ass. Also as said Scelly9 hasn't posted in this thread since about August so I'm pretty sure he won't care if we get rid of Ivan.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11518 on: January 23, 2013, 06:49:40 pm »

Analyze the results, how large is the killzone, how far away must I be to the back of the charge to be safe, how far do the bullets travel, how long does the flamey death area last for.
See if ammunition for the rifle can use piezoelectric shard fluids rather than ClF3.
Start a new VR sim, keep myself in an intangible dev mode. Spawn an altered. Overdose it with bluesmokes.

((I wonder if the calming effects of bluesmokes can help keep Ivan sane for a while.))
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 08:28:11 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11519 on: January 23, 2013, 07:09:31 pm »

Start a new VR sim, keep myself in an intangible dev mode. Spawn an altered. Overdose it with bluesmokes.
((I wonder if the calming effects of bluesmokes can help keep Ivan sane for a while.))

((Doubt it, it's probably mutations in his brain that will snap him, not just randomly going nuts.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 766 767 [768] 769 770 ... 2101