_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 765 766 [767] 768 769 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5923813 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Anomaly in the box
« Reply #11490 on: January 21, 2013, 11:34:29 am »

Replace banblades with Armoury master. See what happens.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11491 on: January 21, 2013, 12:27:54 pm »

« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 12:30:14 pm by Parisbre56 »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #11492 on: January 21, 2013, 02:58:04 pm »

Use the plan to write the autoresponder. When completed, set it up as follows:

- By default, any message regarding games is answered with a message containing the game and a few instructions, including what to do to send feedback. The original message is saved in a folder "Answered with game".

- If the responder detects that the message is about feedback for the game, respond with a thank-you message. For the possible case of a false positive, add a short message "If you wanted to receive the game rather than leave feedback, make sure that..." describing what to avoid for the message to be sorted as feedback. The original message is saved in a folder "Game feedback".

- If neither of the two above rules apply to a message, do not respond, and save the message in a folder "Other messages".
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11493 on: January 21, 2013, 05:55:10 pm »

((My pleasure Kisame))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11494 on: January 22, 2013, 03:09:35 am »

All right. Break is over!
Go to the Armory Master, request paints and canvases. Return to the Rec room and paint a portrait of Milno, in his iconic armor, with the face hidden behind the enigmatic badger helmet. Try to convey his aura of snarkiness and competence.
[handiwork:6-1]

Oh god this picture is fucking perfect. You don't even know. It's actually better then the real Milno. More detailed too. Yeah. Yeah. Figure that one out, smarty pants.

hmm... guess that is a bit much fuel... well make the 3 canisters small enough to fit on your back in a backpack frame and well see how long that lasts us.

also fuck... my stake thrower was only meant to end up costing 5 tokens max... can i fire a round that big at any useful velocity with a standard generator? wait those generators build up to charge don't they so would the 3x generator simply negate a rate of fire penalty?
ditch the custom loader in favor of an enlarged stock loader, use a standard power supply if it only applies a R.O.F. penalty or a 2x if it also affects muzzle velocity.
well that should be enough to get the price back down but damn that got out of hand fast...
Still gonna have to have a new loading system for the larger rounds, thicker coils, larger barrel. etc. And with 1 power generator you're gonna need capacitors to store that charge if you want it to be using 3 times the power as normal from the same generator.

((Im going to wait until I have something to bargain with then))

-Find doc if I cant find him message him and wait
-Ask doc about the crystal projector "virus" he was curing and find out about the behavior of cells that are converted and whether sentience is  maintained in a wholly or mostly converted subject & whether it can be interacted with

-After Talking to Doc go to VR
-In VR Examine the reaction of the crystals to microwaves and what happens when hit by different intensity lasers (whether they cut thorugh    or refract / reflect)

You send the doctor a message and wait for a response. A moment later your wristpad beeps.

I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about.

'Well, I should have known..'

Examine rifle to see if there's some sort of switch or something to change the laser optics' settings.

Also repeat range-test with a gauss rifle.

Out of curiosity you do know we have range ratings on the armory page right?

0-3 meters: Melee range
4-20 meters: Short close range
21-40 meters: Mid close range
41-70 meters: far close range
71-120 meters :close mid range
121-160 meters: mid range
161-199 meters: far mid range
200-700 meters: short long range
701-1200 meters: long range
1201-1600 meters: far long range
1601-onwards: extreme long range

"Hrmmm. I saw a sign for a research lab. I wonder?"

Head to the armory, taking off the goggles before entering, and ask for a datapad, and two memory cards.

((Thank you corsair for giving me this idea.))
You get yourself two data chips and a datapad

Replace banblades with Armoury master. See what happens.

The armory master responds to her current situation by spawning a dome shield of extremely dense matter and sitting inside it.  She then berates you while complaining that she wasn't even alive for this battle.

Use the plan to write the autoresponder. When completed, set it up as follows:

- By default, any message regarding games is answered with a message containing the game and a few instructions, including what to do to send feedback. The original message is saved in a folder "Answered with game".

- If the responder detects that the message is about feedback for the game, respond with a thank-you message. For the possible case of a false positive, add a short message "If you wanted to receive the game rather than leave feedback, make sure that..." describing what to avoid for the message to be sorted as feedback. The original message is saved in a folder "Game feedback".

- If neither of the two above rules apply to a message, do not respond, and save the message in a folder "Other messages".

[aux:oh god I'm tired]

Your thing works. I'll try and figure out what it says tomorrow morning.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11495 on: January 22, 2013, 04:15:37 am »

Anyone feel like explaining to me how prototyping works? i really need a way of cutting down the costs on this thing ready for my first mission :P

modify rifle to use stock power and a capacitor bank.
test fire against the chest plate of a battle suit at optimal range using the 150mmx25mm AP rounds

Alter my magnesium jacket rounds to contain the gau-8 rounds chemical storage and alter it to funnel the chemicals into a heat resistant tube upon impact turning the bullet into a thermic lance. (And igniting the jacket thus welding it in place)

Start another new project, bring up a the smallest most cost effective sonic frequency generator the HMRC had access to, connect it to a micro-computer and a microphone.
Have the computer use the frequency generator to send out sonic pulses of a preset frequency then record the time it takes for the rebounding soundwaves to reach the microphone and use the data to map the area. Allow for timestamping and frequency encoding.
Output this data as a 3D image overlay to a pair of nifty sunglasses or a suits heads up display via an output cable.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 08:53:34 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11496 on: January 22, 2013, 05:04:41 am »

Anyone feel like explaining to me how prototyping works? i really need a way of cutting down the costs on this thing ready for my first mission :P
((If your thing has the potential to be useful to the HMRC in general, Steve may pay for your prototype so that he can get free test data and, if things pan out, a nifty new toy.

Of course, due to that rather critical "useful to the HMRC" part, getting things prototyped tends to be very, very hard. "A new type of gun" isn't going to cut it, nor will "it's awesome," and if you're having difficulty affording it in the first place, the odds of it being too expensive to be feasible are probably pretty high. It's gotta be something a fair number of people might be interested in for the price it takes to get it.

tl;dr you don't, except in those rare circumstances when you've come up with something genuinely interesting and potentially cost-effective. So far that's been 2-3 things, one of which was a rifle that I believe got lost during the soundworm mission and the other was Simus' grenade launcher plus three different grenades.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11497 on: January 22, 2013, 06:46:07 am »

((Prototypes so far:

Bolo Launcher
Rocket-Gauss Hybrid Rifle
Some kind of Mini Exoskeleton (Nik, lost on Mission: Sunset over China-9)
Grenade Launcher + 3 experimental Shells))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11498 on: January 22, 2013, 06:56:48 am »

((good))

Read message then respond if nessesary proceed to talk to doc if appropriate otherwise make appointment and proceed with mission.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11499 on: January 22, 2013, 07:04:40 am »

[...]
Out of curiosity you do know we have range ratings on the armory page right?
[...]
((Actually no, I didn't know, so thanks for that :D. Does 'Armory Page' refer to the OP in the mission thread? Didn't see anything of the sort there. Can I still examine the laser rifle?))

[...]
Examine rifle to see if there's some sort of switch or something to change the laser optics' settings.
[...]
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 07:33:26 am by MutzelRX »
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11500 on: January 22, 2013, 09:00:11 am »

Stare into the math layer of the cube with the goggles, and try to copy the "Math" onto the datapad. Save it to one datachip.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11501 on: January 22, 2013, 11:15:27 am »

Before we start, do I have to try to get close to you and attack with my sword or will I get a ranged weapon to counter with?

Prepare to avoid the bullets, with the help of the bullet time mode, ask the question.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11502 on: January 22, 2013, 12:31:55 pm »

Load tinker. Try and design something between a battlesuit and avatar of war. That is cheaper than atleast the avatar. Keep on trying until successful.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11503 on: January 22, 2013, 03:58:46 pm »

ER Talk: Our Podcasts are the shitest edition.
http://www.mediafire.com/?9u59w4pmdqix84m

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11504 on: January 22, 2013, 06:06:33 pm »

All right. Break is over!
Go to the Armory Master, request paints and canvases. Return to the Rec room and paint a portrait of Milno, in his iconic armor, with the face hidden behind the enigmatic badger helmet. Try to convey his aura of snarkiness and competence.
[handiwork:6-1]

Oh god this picture is fucking perfect. You don't even know. It's actually better then the real Milno. More detailed too. Yeah. Yeah. Figure that one out, smarty pants.
((Milno has become the games first folk hero.))
Pages: 1 ... 765 766 [767] 768 769 ... 2101