_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 764 765 [766] 767 768 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5924029 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Anomaly in the box
« Reply #11475 on: January 20, 2013, 06:39:34 am »

((joking: If my character dies I'll make a female character with lots of speech and charisma. With the most common superpower I could have any weapon on the ship. Sure, it would be like prostitution but who cares? Alien weapons baby! Maybe I can even make a small plot at how first I wanted him for the research but then I fell in love with him, like something out of a soap opera.))

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11476 on: January 20, 2013, 09:59:46 am »

Repeat test, put additional targets at 600m, 800m and 1200m; this time determine the time needed to inflict a mortal wound.

If aiming proves to be a problem, see if I can fit some kind of scope on the rifle
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11477 on: January 20, 2013, 12:13:42 pm »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #11478 on: January 20, 2013, 01:46:28 pm »

"Yeez, is that thing on pre-factory settings or something? That used to be a standard, I'm pretty sure."

Make a plan for all the necessary features of a datapad autoresponder program. Files, folders, intelligent filter rules, message settings, user interface, etc.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11479 on: January 20, 2013, 08:24:28 pm »

((Faith's ears are burning.))
((Lab guy wants Faith's ass. True, albeit creepy, story.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11480 on: January 20, 2013, 09:36:36 pm »

((Given ER, at least he doesn't want her dismembered ass.  Doc might for spare parts.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11481 on: January 20, 2013, 09:48:26 pm »

((Given ER, at least he doesn't want her dismembered ass.  Doc might for spare parts.))

((How do you think he made May's generous bust?))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11482 on: January 20, 2013, 09:58:29 pm »

May I rest a little before we continue?

If Doc says "yes" then rest but stay ready to avoid any surprise attacks with the bullet time. I he either denies or starts shooting, avoid the shots using the bullet time to dive and dodge.

Am I suposed to attack you or just avoid? Do you have another conventional weapon for me train with?
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11483 on: January 20, 2013, 10:02:12 pm »

((The implications are mind boggling.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11484 on: January 20, 2013, 10:26:04 pm »

Hmmm... the round has been scaled up quite a bit so lets say three times to be on the safe side.
As for the neotherm canisters lets say enough for 20 minutes

make changes, get quote

Hmm so 3 token for the increased  power. 1 for the new coils. 2 for the new magazine and loading mechanism. 2 for the gun itself. So 8.

Also, apparently you want to be carrying what amounts in size to carrying one of the solid rocket boosters from a space shuttle.

((Was he saying he had no test subject required or that he wont give me the crystal in exchange for those specs?))

Offer to be guinea pig / go on an extra mission objective for them / do something

"Eh. Nah."

Replace Bolos with Baneblades. lots of Baneblades.
You replace all the bolo's with weird little tops. They also prove ineffective.

Repeat test, put additional targets at 600m, 800m and 1200m; this time determine the time needed to inflict a mortal wound.

If aiming proves to be a problem, see if I can fit some kind of scope on the rifle

It's not gonna be very effective out that far without extra focusing. By not very effective I mean

"Yeez, is that thing on pre-factory settings or something? That used to be a standard, I'm pretty sure."

Make a plan for all the necessary features of a datapad autoresponder program. Files, folders, intelligent filter rules, message settings, user interface, etc.
You plan out how to do your program.

May I rest a little before we continue?

If Doc says "yes" then rest but stay ready to avoid any surprise attacks with the bullet time. I he either denies or starts shooting, avoid the shots using the bullet time to dive and dodge.

Am I suposed to attack you or just avoid? Do you have another conventional weapon for me train with?

"Yeah, sure." The doctor says, resting the gun on his shoulder.

It would probably involve Spider legs and a hack saw.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11485 on: January 20, 2013, 10:46:07 pm »

All right. Break is over!
Go to the Armory Master, request paints and canvases. Return to the Rec room and paint a portrait of Milno, in his iconic armor, with the face hidden behind the enigmatic badger helmet. Try to convey his aura of snarkiness and competence.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11486 on: January 20, 2013, 10:58:13 pm »

hmm... guess that is a bit much fuel... well make the 3 canisters small enough to fit on your back in a backpack frame and well see how long that lasts us.

also fuck... my stake thrower was only meant to end up costing 5 tokens max... can i fire a round that big at any useful velocity with a standard generator? wait those generators build up to charge don't they so would the 3x generator simply negate a rate of fire penalty?
ditch the custom loader in favor of an enlarged stock loader, use a standard power supply if it only applies a R.O.F. penalty or a 2x if it also affects muzzle velocity.
well that should be enough to get the price back down but damn that got out of hand fast...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11487 on: January 20, 2013, 11:02:43 pm »

((Im going to wait until I have something to bargain with then))

-Find doc if I cant find him message him and wait
-Ask doc about the crystal projector "virus" he was curing and find out about the behavior of cells that are converted and whether sentience is  maintained in a wholly or mostly converted subject & whether it can be interacted with

-After Talking to Doc go to VR
-In VR Examine the reaction of the crystals to microwaves and what happens when hit by different intensity lasers (whether they cut thorugh    or refract / reflect)
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11488 on: January 21, 2013, 06:58:57 am »

'Well, I should have known..'

Examine rifle to see if there's some sort of switch or something to change the laser optics' settings.

Also repeat range-test with a gauss rifle.
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11489 on: January 21, 2013, 11:05:49 am »

"Hrmmm. I saw a sign for a research lab. I wonder?"

Head to the armory, taking off the goggles before entering, and ask for a datapad, and two memory cards.

((Thank you corsair for giving me this idea.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 764 765 [766] 767 768 ... 2101