_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 759 760 [761] 762 763 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5928991 times)

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Anomaly in the box
« Reply #11400 on: January 15, 2013, 05:45:47 am »

Hey mutzel can i join your battle of hexbarax?

if yes, select neo-therm flamethrower, mkIII suit and painkillers thenspawn about ten feet away.
If no,  put put some light armor on the flamethrower tubes(think doctor octopus) then test fire my heavy gauss rifle against a mkIII using magnesium jacket rounds.

Sure, go ahead.

Wait for Mr. Flamethrower and Mr. Avatar o' War to join, shoot anything that tries to kill me in the trench
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 12:55:50 pm by MutzelRX »
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11401 on: January 15, 2013, 05:59:37 am »

I bet you anything im gonna die to one of these aliens cutting my fuel lines and having the resultant napalm firehose melt the shit out of my suit.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11402 on: January 15, 2013, 06:23:35 am »

I don't recall if I said it somewhere in the threads or if it was during a stream but The Forever War was one of the larger influences on this game; I was reading it at the time in fact. The MK suits, or at least aspects of them are inspired by the suits in that. If you guys are ever curious I can tell you all sorts of stuff about the origins of the game and it's influences and stuff.

((I would quite enjoy hearing about it. All of it.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11403 on: January 15, 2013, 06:47:55 am »

I bet you anything im gonna die to one of these aliens cutting my fuel lines and having the resultant napalm firehose melt the shit out of my suit.
((I bet you anything you're just going to get ripped asunder. Altered aren't known for their subtlety, as far as I'm aware.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11404 on: January 15, 2013, 06:59:06 am »

Hmm.... id like to bet tokens on that but im pretty sure id survive the napalm firehose long enough for them to rip me spart and youd win anyway  :-\
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11405 on: January 15, 2013, 08:36:04 am »

I'm ok. We can start.

If Doc makes any offensive move, enter bullet-time mode to discover the possible target of his attack and avoid it, trying a slash at Doc after that.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11406 on: January 15, 2013, 11:43:57 am »

((Mutzel can I join your VR session as well?))

Test game. Then go on VR and if yes join and spawn just behind him in a Avatar of war armed with a tesla saber, one 20mm autocannon if possible and a roket launcher with 10 rokets. Take out tesla saber and enter melee with altered.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 04:33:35 pm by Tavik Toth »

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11407 on: January 15, 2013, 12:54:08 pm »

((I don't mind, just don't step on me or something :P))
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11408 on: January 15, 2013, 04:34:32 pm »

((don't worry I'll just be in melee with the altered.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11409 on: January 15, 2013, 06:05:00 pm »

I don't recall if I said it somewhere in the threads or if it was during a stream but The Forever War was one of the larger influences on this game; I was reading it at the time in fact. The MK suits, or at least aspects of them are inspired by the suits in that. If you guys are ever curious I can tell you all sorts of stuff about the origins of the game and it's influences and stuff.
(( Same here.

Invaded - the same way they 'invaded' worlds and systems free of their presence in the Altered Wars (plague meteor rains, fleshships, etc.), and let's say they have the same killing power but ten times the number of both their active units and unit-spawning capabilities (i.e. ten Hexbarax equivalents, and so on). ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11410 on: January 15, 2013, 07:00:22 pm »

Find the Cube, and peer into its soul inner bits.

((CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11411 on: January 15, 2013, 08:11:35 pm »

Ask a player character to punch me in the chest. Declare my invincibility.

You walk into the cafeteria.

[speech:5-1]
"Hey people, I need someone to come punch me in the chest. Who wants to punch me in the chest? "

select neo-therm flamethrower, mkIII suit and a hand laser then spawn about ten feet away and incinerate the nearest xeno i see

Huzzah he said yes... time to burn stuff  :D

You pop in next to that man guy you don't really know and immediately leap up and start spraying like mad with your neo-therm thrower.
[con:5]

You can't even tell what you're burning, the suit's visor autodims to compensate for the blinding white of the neotherm, and all you can see are the vague shadows the stream of white light illuminates as it burns through them.

"I love the smell of neotherm in the morning!" You shout, spraying in all directions in front of you.

((ClF3 rounds.))
Repeat the tests except the target is now behind a door and instead of firing, a full magazine of ClF3 rounds is attached to the door and remotely detonated.
((I think (inviting people more knowledgeable about the subject to correct me here) that it requires it to be in a vacuum so that most of the energy is released as X-rays, however, I don't think that the entire area must be a vacuum, just the weapon itself. I might as well give up on the idea of using it in grenade launcher shells or bullets seeing as it'll probably be too large and expensive. I'll probably AFK for the next week so I won't post anymore actions for now.))
This proves to be extremely, flamey overkill on anything less then a full synthflesh body or battle suit.

((Thank you PW, I guess the main auto manipulators I would want if they are available would be a vector manipulator that essentially causes a laser to travel from designated x towards designated y. Also the reason I wanted to ask the RnD lab was to give reason for knowlege about the artefact retrival from mission one that empiricist told me about. ))

Look through 1st mission log.

Look at the exploded view of the crystal projector, examine a crystal that is formed due to firing and analyse for anything from neural activity to rdiactivity even its interaction with amps.

Finally the story of the inspiration of this game sounds interesting>

Ok, you look through that log and now it is assumed that you know pretty much everything the people who went on that mission know about what happened there.

The crystal in that projector doesn't seem to be formed via the firing, it seems that the projector just conveys it from the magazine to the target. You don't even see how it does that, there aren't any moving parts in there, it's like the crystal is moving on it's own. There aren't any signs of what you could traditionally call "Neural activity" but there are signs of low level electric discharge and slightly higher then background levels of alpha particle radiation.

And finally, I'll do an actual separate post after this one so people don't have to listen to me yammer in the replies.

if yes, select neo-therm flamethrower, mkIII suit and painkillers thenspawn about ten feet away.
If no,  put put some light armor on the flamethrower tubes(think doctor octopus) then test fire my heavy gauss rifle against a mkIII using magnesium jacket rounds.

Sure, go ahead.

Wait for Mr. Flamethrower and Mr. Avatar o' War to join, shoot anything that tries to kill me in the trench

Well, nothing is in the trench now. It's all to busy being on fire thanks to Mr.easybakemurderer up there.

I'm ok. We can start.

If Doc makes any offensive move, enter bullet-time mode to discover the possible target of his attack and avoid it, trying a slash at Doc after that.

The Doctor selects a steel truncheon from the locker and wanders over to you, casually swinging the bat around and getting a feel for it.

"Humans are weak things." he says, squaring off with you, "So it is best not to try and block anything. Always dodge, always move, always avoid the blow rather then stopping it. It will save you and put your enemy off balance. We'll start slow."

[will:2+1]
You're too nervous to get your slowmo to activate properly, so you're left to dodge on your own.

[dex:6]
[doc dex:4]

You dodge back as the doctor swings the truncheon in a wide arc at your head. You step back in and take a swing at him.

[Dex:1+1]
[doc dex:4]

He easily side steps and you stumble past.

"Good, good. Now. Faster."

((Mutzel can I join your VR session as well?))

Test game. Then go on VR and if yes join and spawn just behind him in a Avatar of war armed with a tesla saber, one 20mm autocannon if possible and a roket launcher with 10 rokets. Take out tesla saber and enter melee with altered.
You've got a gauss minigun/autocannon in your arm as an avatar already, if thats ok. And when You say rocket launcher, you want a human sized one or one for an avatar size?

(( Same here.

Invaded - the same way they 'invaded' worlds and systems free of their presence in the Altered Wars (plague meteor rains, fleshships, etc.), and let's say they have the same killing power but ten times the number of both their active units and unit-spawning capabilities (i.e. ten Hexbarax equivalents, and so on). ))

That would be a tough one. The UWM is much more ready to deal with such a threat then the original, unorganized, scattered worlds of man were, but they've also grown bloated and complacent over the years. It would be pretty much a toss up depending on individual battles and which planets of the UWM are taken. I mean, if they lost a bunch of strategic points early on, there would be no real coming back from that.

Find the Cube, and peer into its soul inner bits.

((CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!))

You walk toward the infirmary where you left the cube with the goggles still on when you notice something. Amongst the myriad details and layers of the wall beside you, you think you something. A form split between dozens of layers of metal and circuitry and microcracks. A humanoid shape made from all all these details, from the outline of a wire, the edge of a plate, the cross bar of a bracket, all coming together for an instant like an image in the clouds. And then it's gone. You feel a strange sense of unease about it.

So it seems people actually want to hear about the inspirations and stuff for the game so I'm gonna throw out an idea I have been mulling over for a while but didn't want to give out before because It struck me as being arrogant.

If you guys would like to I could do a whole Q&A thing for you and answer any questions you have about inspirations for the game, plans for the future and the like. I could even do it as a recorded "ER Talk" sort of thing. Or just written if you prefer less rambling. Choose your destiny. 

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11412 on: January 15, 2013, 08:32:55 pm »

"What the hell was that? Not going nuts am I?"

Search for the silhouette.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11413 on: January 15, 2013, 08:47:42 pm »

EASYBAKEMURDER.... at the altered beasts again, try to let one or two into the trench for mutzel to play with

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11414 on: January 15, 2013, 09:55:50 pm »

So it seems people actually want to hear about the inspirations and stuff for the game so I'm gonna throw out an idea I have been mulling over for a while but didn't want to give out before because It struck me as being arrogant.

If you guys would like to I could do a whole Q&A thing for you and answer any questions you have about inspirations for the game, plans for the future and the like. I could even do it as a recorded "ER Talk" sort of thing. Or just written if you prefer less rambling. Choose your destiny.

((Doesn't seem arrogant in the least. Though perhaps an audio Q&A over Mumble or Skype?))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 759 760 [761] 762 763 ... 2101