_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 757 758 [759] 760 761 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5927819 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Anomaly in the box
« Reply #11370 on: January 14, 2013, 02:01:59 am »

((new weapon concept... singularity mace))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11371 on: January 14, 2013, 03:23:54 am »

((Well one thing I could do is use the singularity to just wipeout everything in a massive area by forming a long blade and moving it with the vector (it still while being extremely dense mass is still made of atoms so it can be targeted and moved by the vector manipulator))
((You still wouldn't need a GFM to create a melee weapon, a Vector or Magnetic field manipulator could just accelerate large amounts of particles together at high enough speeds to initiate fusion, then you could have an infantry portable Casaba-Howitzer Blade.))
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 03:54:39 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11372 on: January 14, 2013, 06:44:19 am »

((Well one thing I could do is use the singularity to just wipeout everything in a massive area by forming a long blade and moving it with the vector (it still while being extremely dense mass is still made of atoms so it can be targeted and moved by the vector manipulator))
((You still wouldn't need a GFM to create a melee weapon, a Vector or Magnetic field manipulator could just accelerate large amounts of particles together at high enough speeds to initiate fusion, then you could have an infantry portable Casaba-Howitzer Mini-Star Blade.))

((Fix'd that. Casaba-Howitzer refers specifically to nuclear shaped charges.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11373 on: January 14, 2013, 06:52:53 am »

((You still wouldn't need a GFM to create a melee weapon, a Vector or Magnetic field manipulator could just accelerate large amounts of particles together at high enough speeds to initiate fusion, then you could have an infantry portable Casaba-Howitzer Mini-Star Blade.))

((Fix'd that. Casaba-Howitzer refers specifically to nuclear shaped charges.))
((It would have to be a shaped detonation created a sufficient range from him like a Casaba-Howitzer, unless he wants to vaporize his arm with a non-directed miniature nuke.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11374 on: January 14, 2013, 07:13:32 am »

((Hmmm.... So many WMD's so little time))

Send a message to RnD lab asking about the artifact that created the crystal projector and what of it and records of it are accessible to me.

Generate two models of the singularity gun one the has no GFM and instead has all matter stored in a core that acts like a small star (compressing it and creating heat via movement to start fusion reactions) The radiation from this can also be launched in a variety of shapes and ways. Along with a normal model using the singularity. Test them both against Mk II and Mk III armour in order to discern which is more destructive using both vacuum mode and the special moves (Singularity self-destruct and Fusion laser attack).
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11375 on: January 14, 2013, 07:22:41 am »

((What prevents the star from melting parts of the unit? Also, I have a feeling that since Mk suits don't have any proper armor that in both cases, the suits would just get annihilated.))
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 07:27:20 am by Empiricist »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11376 on: January 14, 2013, 07:29:18 am »

I have a bad feeling that PW is just gonna say no and skip over your turn  :-\
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11377 on: January 14, 2013, 07:35:13 am »

((I doubt PW would ever do that, however, Michael [Corsair's character] does risk losing his VR privileges or even mysteriously disappearing if he directly modifies a Field Manipulator which is likely if he still wants it to be automated.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11378 on: January 14, 2013, 09:15:01 am »

((PW said there were auto manipulators this plan would require no modification only creative use, that and tacking on weapon casings to make it A: easier to hold and B: not horribly irradiate/hit me with splash-back.
Although I guess that since the weapon I am creating is just an over-complicated mag amp so I may continue looking into singularity tech but other than that I think Ill put this in the too much effort for not enough reward / unique reward.))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11379 on: January 14, 2013, 12:17:25 pm »

((Well, I have a counter to your WMD's. Creating singularities will get you killed, either by the singularity itself, or by your teammates. One does not simply fuck around with singularities.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11380 on: January 14, 2013, 12:28:14 pm »

Conwep:1 you trip over your own feet and inadvertantly discharge you weapon, dex:1 it strikes michaels WMD and the containment feild is damaged causing the singularity to consume him before collapsing in on itself

Sound about right?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11381 on: January 14, 2013, 12:31:16 pm »

((No, it would be intentional. Singularities are not to be fucked with.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11382 on: January 14, 2013, 12:37:19 pm »

((Why not use a gravity manipulator to create an area of intense gravity pointed towards the center? For added damage, you can use a microwave amp to create a small area of immense heat near the center of said gravity. You might even be able to use automated manipulators for this, not to mention it would be far safer and more cost-effective.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11383 on: January 14, 2013, 03:11:58 pm »

((Well, I have a counter to your WMD's. Creating singularities will get you killed, either by the singularity itself, or by your teammates. One does not simply fuck around with singularities.))

((What do you think I've been trying to tell him?))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11384 on: January 14, 2013, 03:33:21 pm »

((What do you think I've been trying to tell him?))
((Exactly. If you want a WMD, get the fusion instigator. It makes a mini star at wherever you point it. And it has the added bonus of actually working.))
Pages: 1 ... 757 758 [759] 760 761 ... 2101