_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 753 754 [755] 756 757 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5927114 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Anomaly in the box
« Reply #11310 on: January 10, 2013, 11:08:02 pm »

Attach to ceiling. Greet AM.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11311 on: January 10, 2013, 11:12:52 pm »

Enter VR and load up tinker. Browse melee weapons that have been saved, dividing them into categories like kinetic amplifiers, mono-atomic razor types, etc.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11312 on: January 11, 2013, 10:26:01 am »

Go to the back of the infirmary. Wait for Doc.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11313 on: January 11, 2013, 02:38:32 pm »

Worth a shot  :(
I suppose i could integrate a motorized drill head and flight stabilizing fins into a sabot round but... expensive...

clear changes,
deposit the reactive chemicals that make up neo-therm into the surface of the round whilst maintaining a barrier between them that will only break when the round strikes its target.
(i have a plan for a new ammo type but it needs to anchor itself in the target... if i cant drill into it like a self tapping screw ill just weld my round there instead.)
Test fire both standard AP rounds and my welders against mk ii, mk iii and battle suits for baseline comparisons.

replace the second gauss rifles ammo feed with a rotational cylinder akin to that of a grenade launcher,
expand the barrel to compensate for increased bullet size (12 inches long by 5 cm wide)
add in a larger power supply and heavier duty coils to account for increased energy requirements to maintain shot velocity.
try integrating a kinetic amplifier or vector manipulator into the barrel to significantly increase muzzle velocity.
test fire against a Mark III suit.

Alright, lets take this one at a time. A big chamber thing like a grenade launcher is fine, but about this Neo-therm bullet. Exactly how to do you want to coat and section off these chemicals? Because if you just kind of stick them in little bags or whatever all that will happen is when it hits the chemicals will just aerosolize all over the place. You'd have very random little spots of heat, but nothing concentrated.

Choose 'Duel', Search for mission summaries of the last few missions

Do you want me to actually give you summaries or are you just using this as a way to explain in universe knowledge of things?

"Oh this gets better and better."

Pull up a gauss rifle and one of the mass manipulators. Scale the manipulator down so it will work with the rifle. Test fire to see if it works.

The machine gives you the big Red X for attempting to edit a manipulator.

((Yes, the remote firing is from the rifle not the magazine. Screw the mechanisms, it'll be the user's fault if they try to fire at point blank with that thing.))
Just make the bullet and ensure that it will rupture upon impact, ensure that the bullets won't rupture inside of the weapon, ignore my post about the safety and detonation mechanisms. Finish the construction of the light machinegun. Get a price estimate for the whole unit, assuming that each magazine comes with a remote detonator and that the scope and turret parts come with the LMG.

Bullets are fine then. Machine gun part, fine too. As is this claymore thing part. But about that turret thing, to what degree do you want this thing to be able to act? As it is it really doesn't have anything needed to act as a turret, so at the very least its gonna need a small onboard computer and a camera as well as some way to mount it to the surface of whatever. And that would just be a gun that fires at any sort of movement without turning or moving. If you want a real turret in the way you're thinking, you're gonna need things like a motorized base to allow it to aim, a more powerful computer, and more. But thats still all very possible, it's just more expensive and makes the thing bulkier (of course you could always overcome that by having the platform be detachable and just carrying it).

How many rounds you want in that magazine by the way?

Attach to ceiling. Greet AM.

You're flexible, not a gecko.

Enter VR and load up tinker. Browse melee weapons that have been saved, dividing them into categories like kinetic amplifiers, mono-atomic razor types, etc.

As in weapons made by other people? Cause you'll need their permission for that.

Go to the back of the infirmary. Wait for Doc.
You head into the back of the infirmary and all the way to the gym like area you've been to a few times now. The doctor joins you a few minutes later.

"So. Ready for real fighting? Have it all under control?" He asks, walking to the lockers and digging around in them.

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11314 on: January 11, 2013, 03:01:03 pm »

((My original idea was learning of the mini-star incident in mission 4 and fiddling with that in VR, but I just now realized that's kinda pointless as my char doesn't really know how to use field manipulators anyways (yay Uncon 0)..well I actually wouldn't mind a small round-up of missions 6 and 7, haven't managed to read those yet))
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11315 on: January 11, 2013, 03:06:47 pm »

"What? The fuck is this bullshit. Stupid UWM and their hard-on for secrecy. Eh, I'll work on this later."

Exit VR, and look at my hand with the weirdvision. See if I can isolate specific layers ie, skeletal system, muscle, and the mathy stuff.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11316 on: January 11, 2013, 03:34:37 pm »

"Damn machine!"

Exit VR. Go back to couch and find a good show from Earth or just in general.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #11317 on: January 11, 2013, 04:04:12 pm »

Wake up, check for messages about my game. (I don't think anyone else requested it, but if someone has and I missed it, could that player repost that?)[/b]

"Nothing else yet, seem like. Maybe I should set up an auto-reply feature. Eh, later."

Smoke a standard cig, then go to the armory master to ask for a bottle of Astro.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 04:06:13 pm by Knight Otu »
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11318 on: January 11, 2013, 04:08:24 pm »

((I just have no idea how to do the message thing. Could have your char ask Jack.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11319 on: January 11, 2013, 07:06:25 pm »

Bullets are fine then. Machine gun part, fine too. As is this claymore thing part. But about that turret thing, to what degree do you want this thing to be able to act? As it is it really doesn't have anything needed to act as a turret, so at the very least its gonna need a small onboard computer and a camera as well as some way to mount it to the surface of whatever. And that would just be a gun that fires at any sort of movement without turning or moving. If you want a real turret in the way you're thinking, you're gonna need things like a motorized base to allow it to aim, a more powerful computer, and more. But thats still all very possible, it's just more expensive and makes the thing bulkier (of course you could always overcome that by having the platform be detachable and just carrying it).

((As much as a motorized ball and socket joint would allow. I don't actually want the turret to be automated, I want it to be controlled by signals sent out by HMRC wristpads. Basically, I want a motorized ball and socket joint that can attach to the LMG with one end and anchor itself down (presumably with something like the pitons used in mission 6) on another end. The scope sends what it sees to the user's wristpad, the joint receives signals from the user's wristpad that determines it's rotation, the LMG receives signals from the user's wristpad to fire. The user can send signals to any of these components to allow it to send/receive signals from a different HMRC wristpad. That probably won't be too bulky or expensive or require an entire onboard computer. Let's try a 30 round mag for now.))
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 02:20:47 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11320 on: January 11, 2013, 08:07:26 pm »

with the chemical deposition think of little square rises full of the chemicals with a thin wall seperating them inside, the sqaures would be made of the same material as the bullet and the tops of these would grind away as it penetrated the target and allow the chemicals inside to mix. Think of the back of a micro sd card but larger and full of burny goodness.

modify bullet as above, enlarge power pack and increase coil thickness in modified rifle, test fire modified rifle against a mk II suit

Guess ill try to be more specific with my modifications in the future.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11321 on: January 11, 2013, 08:54:35 pm »

ATTACH TO CEILING.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11322 on: January 12, 2013, 02:05:02 am »

((Perfect  :)))

I guess for the density thing it could go does it look large with lots of heat coming out the back? Well then its a missle then

Ill go to the armoury master about those secondhand Drones and any spare Mk II or better armour as ill take anything that I can get cheap

((I think you missed my action Piecewise))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11323 on: January 12, 2013, 01:18:31 pm »

((My original idea was learning of the mini-star incident in mission 4 and fiddling with that in VR, but I just now realized that's kinda pointless as my char doesn't really know how to use field manipulators anyways (yay Uncon 0)..well I actually wouldn't mind a small round-up of missions 6 and 7, haven't managed to read those yet))

Well, Mission 6 involved The team wandering around through a pocket dimension where the distance light traveled was finite and accidentally reviving a fallen civilization.

Mission 7 was a roadtrip through a robot testing ground where the team got repeatedly fired upon, thrown around, beaten up and eventually escaped, despite some of their best efforts to the contrary.

"What? The fuck is this bullshit. Stupid UWM and their hard-on for secrecy. Eh, I'll work on this later."

Exit VR, and look at my hand with the weirdvision. See if I can isolate specific layers ie, skeletal system, muscle, and the mathy stuff.

Hmm well you can see muscle beneath the skin but it seems like your weird-o-vision isn't good enough to see everything you can see with the goggles yet.

"Damn machine!"

Exit VR. Go back to couch and find a good show from Earth or just in general.

You go sit on the couch and look around the channels on the tv. Huh, well there's an episode of dragon ball z, season 4232. In this episode goku sneezes and creates the universe.

Wake up, check for messages about my game. (I don't think anyone else requested it, but if someone has and I missed it, could that player repost that?)[/b]

"Nothing else yet, seem like. Maybe I should set up an auto-reply feature. Eh, later."

Smoke a standard cig, then go to the armory master to ask for a bottle of Astro.
Don't think anyones sent ya anything.

You smoke a nice cigarette and get a bottle of astro from the armory.

((As much as a motorized ball and socket joint would allow. I don't actually want the turret to be automated, I want it to be controlled by signals sent out by HMRC wristpads. Basically, I want a motorized ball and socket joint that can attach to the LMG with one end and anchor itself down (presumably with something like the pitons used in mission 6) on another end. The scope sends what it sees to the user's wristpad, the joint receives signals from the user's wristpad that determines it's rotation, the LMG receives signals from the user's wristpad to fire. The user can send signals to any of these components to allow it to send/receive signals from a different HMRC wristpad. That probably won't be too bulky or expensive or require an entire onboard computer. Let's try a 30 round mag for now.))
Ah, so a remote controlled gun rather then an automated turret eh? Thats doable. I assume you want that mount to be a separate item that you can just stick on the thing when you want to, rather then something thats always  on it?

with the chemical deposition think of little square rises full of the chemicals with a thin wall seperating them inside, the sqaures would be made of the same material as the bullet and the tops of these would grind away as it penetrated the target and allow the chemicals inside to mix. Think of the back of a micro sd card but larger and full of burny goodness.

modify bullet as above, enlarge power pack and increase coil thickness in modified rifle, test fire modified rifle against a mk II suit

Guess ill try to be more specific with my modifications in the future.

Well, regardless of the effectiveness of the chemicals a Gauss round is gonna punch right through a MK II. As per that configuration it still isn't gonna work great. You may want to search for a more easily used chemical for this sort of thing, something thats activated by heat or impact rather then having to mix 3 chemicals.

ATTACH TO CEILING.
You sort of wedge yourself in the door frame and shove yourself up until you bump your head against the ceiling.

"TA-DA!"

((Perfect  :)))

I guess for the density thing it could go does it look large with lots of heat coming out the back? Well then its a missle then

Ill go to the armoury master about those secondhand Drones and any spare Mk II or better armour as ill take anything that I can get cheap

((I think you missed my action Piecewise))
Thats really weird, because I remember writing that post...Anyways, the general gist of it was that the idea for the gun would work and that the armory didn't have anything for you.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11324 on: January 12, 2013, 01:35:19 pm »

Practice Weird-O-Vision.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 753 754 [755] 756 757 ... 2101