_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 752 753 [754] 755 756 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5927290 times)

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Anomaly in the box
« Reply #11295 on: January 09, 2013, 04:15:48 pm »

"Uh..Steve? I may be missing something here..how would one look up mission summaries using the VR?"
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11296 on: January 09, 2013, 04:38:17 pm »

run to rec room and enter vr pods
boot tinker
Load 2 gauss rifles and 2 gauss ap rounds
Modify second gauss rifle to include a motorised barrel that imparts a massive spin on the round
Modify second round to have the drilltip of a self tapping screw and threads.
Bring up a list of magnetic materials listed in order of density/impact tolerance
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11297 on: January 09, 2013, 07:35:53 pm »

((Hm, seems Tinker is infectious even when essentially everyone aboard is new. Interesting...))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11298 on: January 09, 2013, 09:03:04 pm »

((Well then lets try and fix that civilian 'mow-down' function))

-For the armour, scince I'm poor Ill have to go with mounting it on a set of Mk II for now
-For the launch system Ill mount them in vertical launch tubes mounted on the back of the armor
-For construction, chopped up and clapped together
-For the weapons Ill just use the stock lasers but two per drone due to the increased size
-And for the 1 Kg estimate, have it guess approx density of the object
-For enemy recognition, It will recognise as an enemy if they are firing at us or we are firing at them   
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11299 on: January 09, 2013, 10:47:04 pm »

HOLY FUCK!

Super Metroid my way to the armoury to show the Armoury Master.
I think you missed my action. ._.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11300 on: January 10, 2013, 05:07:24 am »

So what I'm seeing from my reading of your past posts and current ones is that you basically want to make a tommy gun that fires these ClF3 bullets and has a drum magazine that doubles as what amounts to a claymore mine. Is that the general idea?
((More or less, except it can also be deployed as a remotely operated turret and it's scope can broadcast what it sees to myself and other teammates, it can be remotely fired by other teammates if they have the required firing codes. So it's essentially a multi-purpose suppressive fire weapon.))
Modify the ammunition to have two mechanisms, both of which activate when the bullet is fired. The first one is the safety mechanism, when it's timer runs out, the bullet can burst upon impact, the timer will only have short amount of time, just enough for the bullet to get 4 to 5 meters away from the user. The second one is a detonation mechanism, it is activated upon impact and designed to reduce the chance of the bullet exiting what it hit; when activated, it will detonate if the safety mechanism's timer has elapsed.
((i.e. if someone is shot and the safety is still active, the round won't burst until the safety's timer elapses; if someone is shot and the safety is not active, the round will burst the moment the detonation trigger has been triggered.))
((Hm, seems Tinker is infectious even when essentially everyone aboard is new. Interesting...))
((Perhaps we should work on a way to infect enemies with it to make them kill each other from VR-withdrawal induced psychosis.))
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 06:53:10 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11301 on: January 10, 2013, 12:56:05 pm »

((Perhaps we should work on a way to infect enemies with it to make them kill each other from VR-withdrawal induced psychosis.))

((Might work too slow though. You could always fling VR machines at them, see if that works.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11302 on: January 10, 2013, 01:08:30 pm »

Load battle of hexbarax. Spawn a Arms fort and 100 normals and 150 MTs to assist UWM. Spawn on front lines in a Bolo. Then start.

Is there any particular reason you keep using out of universe stuff? Just curious.

"Woah. That... that is a big gun. I wonder."

Search for more information on the field manipulators for the cannon. Do they need to be set every time the cannon fires, or is it automated?
They look to be automated.

"Uh..Steve? I may be missing something here..how would one look up mission summaries using the VR?"

>Try Duel and just search for them.

run to rec room and enter vr pods
boot tinker
Load 2 gauss rifles and 2 gauss ap rounds
Modify second gauss rifle to include a motorised barrel that imparts a massive spin on the round
Modify second round to have the drilltip of a self tapping screw and threads.
Bring up a list of magnetic materials listed in order of density/impact tolerance

So, attempting to make a gun that shoots drills eh? Fairly awesome, but there are already some problems with it.

Main one is that, as a drill, it probably won't work very well. Against soft targets it's gonna do fine, but thats mostly because of the fact the its just gonna be a chunk of metal going at a ballistic speed. But against harder targets whats gonna happen is that that sharp tip is either gonna gonna blunt itself or, if it's hard enough, hit and immediately deflect to one side or the other, causing the drill to hit sideways. And even if you hit just right, perfectly straight and it actually gets some bite into that armor, all thats gonna happen is that the bullet is gonna lose that spin really freaking quick. And admittedly, the act of losing that spin by imparting the energy into the armor will do a good deal of damage; probably more sort of explosive force then true drilling. Assuming the round just doesn't tear itself apart.

Also, it would have very shitty aerodynamics thanks to the grove of the drill. Things gonna wobble itself all to hell.

((Well then lets try and fix that civilian 'mow-down' function))

-For the armour, scince I'm poor Ill have to go with mounting it on a set of Mk II for now
-For the launch system Ill mount them in vertical launch tubes mounted on the back of the armor
-For construction, chopped up and clapped together
-For the weapons Ill just use the stock lasers but two per drone due to the increased size
-And for the 1 Kg estimate, have it guess approx density of the object
-For enemy recognition, It will recognise as an enemy if they are firing at us or we are firing at them   

-Ok

-OK

-Ok, keep in mind the limitations of that, but ok.

-Ok.

-Robots aren't known for their intuition so telling them to fire if it "looks dense" is gonna mean they'll fire depending on how opaque something is to them. And most things are pretty opaque.

-That works. May want to include an option in there to override their decisions, lest an incident of friendly fire turn into a hellstorm of lasers going everywhere.

HOLY FUCK!

Super Metroid my way to the armoury to show the Armoury Master.
I think you missed my action. ._.
You roll to the armory, humming as you go.

So what I'm seeing from my reading of your past posts and current ones is that you basically want to make a tommy gun that fires these ClF3 bullets and has a drum magazine that doubles as what amounts to a claymore mine. Is that the general idea?
((More or less, except it can also be deployed as a remotely operated turret and it's scope can broadcast what it sees to myself and other teammates, it can be remotely fired by other teammates if they have the required firing codes. So it's essentially a multi-purpose suppressive fire weapon.))
Modify the ammunition to have two mechanisms, both of which activate when the bullet is fired. The first one is the safety mechanism, when it's timer runs out, the bullet can burst upon impact, the timer will only have short amount of time, just enough for the bullet to get 4 to 5 meters away from the user. The second one is a detonation mechanism, it is activated upon impact and designed to reduce the chance of the bullet exiting what it hit; when activated, it will detonate if the safety mechanism's timer has elapsed.
((i.e. if someone is shot and the safety is still active, the round won't burst until the safety's timer elapses; if someone is shot and the safety is not active, the round will burst the moment the detonation trigger has been triggered.))

I assume that turret application will be based on the rifle itself, not just the magazine. Because claymore is fine but those bullets firing individually out of the magazine is gonna be prone to suddenly having them all go off at once.

As per your detonation system, I'll tell you that it will increase the size of the individual bullets a good deal, probably actually double them, since you're gonna need to pack explosive and electronics in there.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11303 on: January 10, 2013, 02:21:44 pm »

((its fun to see the effect it has in universe.))

fire main weapons while waiting for everyone else.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 03:05:57 pm by Tavik Toth »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11304 on: January 10, 2013, 04:00:19 pm »

((Perfect  :)))

I guess for the density thing it could go does it look large with lots of heat coming out the back? Well then its a missle then

Ill go to the armoury master about those secondhand Drones and any spare Mk II or better armour as ill take anything that I can get cheap
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11305 on: January 10, 2013, 05:03:26 pm »

Worth a shot  :(
I suppose i could integrate a motorized drill head and flight stabilizing fins into a sabot round but... expensive...

clear changes,
deposit the reactive chemicals that make up neo-therm into the surface of the round whilst maintaining a barrier between them that will only break when the round strikes its target.
(i have a plan for a new ammo type but it needs to anchor itself in the target... if i cant drill into it like a self tapping screw ill just weld my round there instead.)
Test fire both standard AP rounds and my welders against mk ii, mk iii and battle suits for baseline comparisons.

replace the second gauss rifles ammo feed with a rotational cylinder akin to that of a grenade launcher,
expand the barrel to compensate for increased bullet size (12 inches long by 5 cm wide)
add in a larger power supply and heavier duty coils to account for increased energy requirements to maintain shot velocity.
try integrating a kinetic amplifier or vector manipulator into the barrel to significantly increase muzzle velocity.
test fire against a Mark III suit.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 08:38:06 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11306 on: January 10, 2013, 05:34:25 pm »

Choose 'Duel', Search for mission summaries of the last few missions
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11307 on: January 10, 2013, 06:32:20 pm »

((One of my next potential projects after this mission: Rolling-quench superconductor coilguns. Instead of having complex circuitry activating solenoids, drawing the magnetic projectile along the barrel, have a controlled flow of cryogenic liquid (liquid nitrogen, perhaps?) run along a barrel made of a high-temperature (relatively) superconductor, cooling it until it becomes superconductive, then the liquid continues to move down, quenching the sections that it is not in contact with.

Even better, perhaps LOX as both the cryogenic liquid and "projectile", cutting through things via extremely high pressure...

And an even weirder idea that probably can't shouldn't be weaponized (what am I saying, ANYTHING can be weaponized! And this is the HMRC, so why shouldn't it?) is using the above as part of a LASCNTR.))
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 06:41:23 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11308 on: January 10, 2013, 06:34:10 pm »

"Oh this gets better and better."

Pull up a gauss rifle and one of the mass manipulators. Scale the manipulator down so it will work with the rifle. Test fire to see if it works.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11309 on: January 10, 2013, 09:08:02 pm »

((Yes, the remote firing is from the rifle not the magazine. Screw the mechanisms, it'll be the user's fault if they try to fire at point blank with that thing.))
Just make the bullet and ensure that it will rupture upon impact, ensure that the bullets won't rupture inside of the weapon, ignore my post about the safety and detonation mechanisms. Finish the construction of the light machinegun. Get a price estimate for the whole unit, assuming that each magazine comes with a remote detonator and that the scope and turret parts come with the LMG.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 09:36:28 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 ... 752 753 [754] 755 756 ... 2101