_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 751 752 [753] 754 755 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5929410 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Anomaly in the box
« Reply #11280 on: January 08, 2013, 10:01:27 am »

(( Hmmm. Can it (more or less) simulate the UWM on the level of modern war games (as in military simulations, not pastime activities)? ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11281 on: January 08, 2013, 12:08:12 pm »

Look at the dimensions of the crystalline projector's barrel and the firing mechanism to determine how to create a loading mechanism. If that doesn't work, create a hollow round filled with ClF3 that will not react with it's contents and is propelled by the propellent, then use that for the weapon's ammo.
You open the schematics of the weapon itself. The loading mechanism of the weapon is really weird: It's not much more then a hollow tube filled with what is labeled as "Growth prevention medium" and lined with with bands of iridium, There aren't any moving parts as far as you can see. Thats odd.

((Ok ill do that with the shunt. How much for it and the armour though?))

Everything that is relevant, size, flight mechanisms, weapons ect.

(There are prices on the armory list, that number just before the name.)

Well the whole thing itself is a pretty large pallet sort of thing. Each drone is about the size of a softball, so imagine 3 rows of softballs, each one 4 softballs long plus a bit to get an idea of the size. The flight mechanisms for the drones are small, but powerful and efficient rockets. The weapons they have, as the armory post says, are small lasers about the strength of a regular laser rifle, maybe a bit less. They're controlled using a remote that comes with the system, they have an effective range of just over a mile and a half, and they aren't gonna take much abuse.

"They call this food?.."

Finish the meal, ask Steve the following:

"Steve ..was it? What is the current mission about and how is it going? Oh and are there some kind of summaries of the last few missions I can look into?"
>The current mission is about backing up UWM forces and I'm not entirely sure how it's going. I'm not running it, after all. As per mission summaries, check the VR machines or perhaps ask one of your teammates.

Interesting. Search for them big ol' gauss guns. If the schematics for the guns are locked, then search for the spec's. Size of the gun, ammunition, energy consumption, and the like.

There are a few available files which appear to be ordered from smallest to largest. None of them have detailed schematics but they do have some plans and information.

(( Hmmm. Can it (more or less) simulate the UWM on the level of modern war games (as in military simulations, not pastime activities)? ))

Well...you could simulate the actions of a single solar system at a meaningful level of detail, but nothing much bigger. You know, if you just want information on the UWM and The Magistars you can just search for it straight, without having to abstract it using simulations.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11282 on: January 08, 2013, 01:10:21 pm »

spawn a Arms fort and have it walk on them. See how they react to seeing one. Before being dead of course
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 01:11:54 pm by Tavik Toth »

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11283 on: January 08, 2013, 01:24:42 pm »

"Thanks, I guess I'll check the VR's then

Boot up one of the VR machines
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11284 on: January 08, 2013, 01:26:38 pm »

(( Let's see... And if we simplify most of it (leaving planets, for example, only as rows of numbers indicating their industrial capacity, population, unrest level, etc.) and have only the Magisters' personalities simulated (reducing identities of others to numbers as well)?
(I understand that at this point it probably needs me to Int/Aux it.)

As for information, what I want to learn is how fast the UWM could potentially fall - and how well it could resist falling (even without the secret wonder weapons not present in the VR machine) - and somehow I believe this particular information can't be just searched.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11285 on: January 08, 2013, 06:17:13 pm »

Create a new ammunition type: a high-caliber hollow bullet filled with ClF3 that will not react with it's contents and will rupture upon or shortly after impact, make it propelled by the previously selected propellant and ensure that it cannot rupture until a short amount of time (enough for it to reach a safe [about 5 meters] distance away from the user) has elapsed after firing. Go back to my original plans except instead of using crystalline projector seed crystals, use this new ammunition type.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 05:46:47 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11286 on: January 08, 2013, 07:33:35 pm »

HOLY FUCK!

Super Metroid my way to the armoury to show the Armoury Master.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11287 on: January 08, 2013, 11:36:00 pm »

((The reason I was wondering was if the price for the "Shunt Armour" would be slightly more or less. Also 4x3=12 and there are only 10 drones   on the armour entry I'm a little confused as to how many there are.))

In VR
-Mount the drone platform on armour so that it is more portable.
-Halve the number of drones by combining them together thus increasing durability and range
-Remove the Laser weapons and replace with two laser rifle mechanisms so as to save space
-Add a command designation to one drone along with a radio/WiFi/shortwave radio connection allowing it to move out of my command radius
and perform tasks
-Add this command structure for when not under other orders as default behavior:
IF "distance" >= 6m
THEN move UNTIL "distance" =< 5m But >= 2.5m
ELSE
IF Projectile sighted AND "mass" => 1Kg SET "Projectile" =+1
IF 'Projectile' => 1 FIRE until eliminated SET "Projectile" =-1
IF enemy sighted SET "enemy" =+1
IF "enemy" =+1
FIRE until eliminated THEN SET "enemy" = 0
-Tie controller into headset so drones fire where I am looking when I blink If not under other orders.
Out of VR
-Go to the armory master ask if she has any old laser rifles or drone platforms that she can loan/sell for a cheap price
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11288 on: January 09, 2013, 12:43:33 am »

((Intercepting projectiles probably isn't a good idea if the drone fires lasers as the projectile would just get superheated.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11289 on: January 09, 2013, 01:47:10 am »

((Projectiles with a mass greater than 1kg are normally rockets or missles, superheating would be good as it would cause premature detonation))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11290 on: January 09, 2013, 01:52:03 am »

((Have you considered something that detects heat signatures rather than mass? After all it is easier to detect heat from rocket exhaust than mass, plus it would allow enemies with heat signatures to be seen through walls.))
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 02:37:32 am by Empiricist »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11291 on: January 09, 2013, 01:25:14 pm »

"Big guns. Cooooool."

Open the files on the largest and smallest guns.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11292 on: January 09, 2013, 01:47:01 pm »

spawn a Arms fort and have it walk on them. See how they react to seeing one. Before being dead of course

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THA-" Squish.

"Thanks, I guess I'll check the VR's then

Boot up one of the VR machines
You sit down in one of the vr machines and are given a choice of programs.

>Battle of Hexbarax
>Poacher
>Punch Many Things
>Tinker
>Duel.

(( Let's see... And if we simplify most of it (leaving planets, for example, only as rows of numbers indicating their industrial capacity, population, unrest level, etc.) and have only the Magisters' personalities simulated (reducing identities of others to numbers as well)?
(I understand that at this point it probably needs me to Int/Aux it.)

As for information, what I want to learn is how fast the UWM could potentially fall - and how well it could resist falling (even without the secret wonder weapons not present in the VR machine) - and somehow I believe this particular information can't be just searched.))
Hmm, well you could do a very limited simulation like what you outlined above and use that, however it's limited scope means that what it predicts may not represent reality as closely as you'd like. As per "how fast" the UWM could fall, that question begs many others. "Fall how? As in being wiped out or just losing political or military control?" "What sort of threat are we looking at if any? Are you talking about losing to some outside foe, being corrupted and overcome/changing internally or simply degrading over time?" "By UWM do you simply mean the magistar system or the entire infrastructure? Or the entirety of humanity under it's control?"

etc.

Create a new ammunition type: a high-caliber hollow bullet filled with ClF3 that will not react with it's contents and will rupture upon or shortly after impact, make it propelled by the previously selected propellant and ensure that it cannot rupture until a short amount of time (enough for it to reach a safe [about 5 meters] distance away from the user) has elapsed after firing. Go back to my original plans except instead of using crystalline projector seed crystals, use this new ammunition type.
So what I'm seeing from my reading of your past posts and current ones is that you basically want to make a tommy gun that fires these ClF3 bullets and has a drum magazine that doubles as what amounts to a claymore mine. Is that the general idea?

((The reason I was wondering was if the price for the "Shunt Armour" would be slightly more or less. Also 4x3=12 and there are only 10 drones   on the armour entry I'm a little confused as to how many there are.))

In VR
-Mount the drone platform on armour so that it is more portable.
-Halve the number of drones by combining them together thus increasing durability and range
-Remove the Laser weapons and replace with two laser rifle mechanisms so as to save space
-Add a command designation to one drone along with a radio/WiFi/shortwave radio connection allowing it to move out of my command radius
and perform tasks
-Add this command structure for when not under other orders as default behavior:
IF "distance" >= 6m
THEN move UNTIL "distance" =< 5m But >= 2.5m
ELSE
IF Projectile sighted AND "mass" => 1Kg SET "Projectile" =+1
IF 'Projectile' => 1 FIRE until eliminated SET "Projectile" =-1
IF enemy sighted SET "enemy" =+1
IF "enemy" =+1
FIRE until eliminated THEN SET "enemy" = 0
-Tie controller into headset so drones fire where I am looking when I blink If not under other orders.
Out of VR
-Go to the armory master ask if she has any old laser rifles or drone platforms that she can loan/sell for a cheap price

It is 10. Sorry, I had the price of 12 in my head for some reason. Anywhoo. We'll go through the issues with what you're proposing here.

By armor I suppose you mean the MK III (By the way, the shunt is worn over the armor, like an extra layer of armor or another suit. It's a separate part and there really isn't any reason to fuse them.) and the shunt. Where on your armor do you want to put this thing? Because even halved, its still pretty damn big, like a foot or so on each side.

How do you want to combine these things? Like what are the actual mechanics of that? Because if you want to just disassemble one and sort of chop it up and use its shell and parts for armor, thats fine. That will increase its durability. And if you add the extra rockets then it will slightly increase the distance it can go, though not by much because of the extra weight of the rockets and the new armor.

I'm not sure how removing one laser thats slightly weaker then a laser rifle, and hence a little bit smaller, and replacing it with two slightly bigger lasers is going to save space.

One drone as a command drone is fine, especially since it would just be running preset orders however:
1.How are the drones going to tell if an object coming at them is 1kg or more? Thats hard to tell visually. You could define a rough size or something or ballistic path/speed, but weight is gonna be a bit hard.
2.The concept of "Enemy" is pretty complex. As it is, the drones only recognize HMRC troops as friendlies because of the FOF tags in the suits. Anyone or anything not in a suit would be classed as an enemy by their rather limited logic. As such, they would immediately begin mowing down everything else around them, hostile or otherwise.

Tracking where you're looking and firing there is fine and dandy, but, word of warning, you may want to set it to something less common then a blink, otherwise they're gonna be firing roughly 20 times a minute.

I'll leave you in the VR machine for now. If you want to work on those problems then go for it, if you want to go see the Armory master, go for that as well. I just don't want to drag you to the armory only to have to make you run back to the vr machine because this didn't go as planned.

"Big guns. Cooooool."

Open the files on the largest and smallest guns.

The smallest gun is one designed to literally be the body of inter-system ships and is about 24 meters long. It seems to be a fairly standard gauss cannon with nothing terribly special about it except for it's size.

The largest are 50 meter cannons used by pretty much all the larger classes of ships. Although only about twice the size they deliver exponentially more power because of a complex system of both extremely fine tuned gauss mechanisms and field manipulators all working in concert to accelerate massive slugs to significant values of c.  These larger cannons are designed to work on the modular, rail based system that large classes of ships use.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11293 on: January 09, 2013, 02:32:13 pm »

Load battle of hexbarax. Spawn a Arms fort and 100 normals and 150 MTs to assist UWM. Spawn on front lines in a Bolo. Then start.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11294 on: January 09, 2013, 03:51:08 pm »

"Woah. That... that is a big gun. I wonder."

Search for more information on the field manipulators for the cannon. Do they need to be set every time the cannon fires, or is it automated?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 751 752 [753] 754 755 ... 2101