_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 750 751 [752] 753 754 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5928483 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Anomaly in the box
« Reply #11265 on: January 07, 2013, 11:39:10 am »

Search for a list of standard arnaments for the UWM's space-faring navy.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11266 on: January 07, 2013, 02:08:58 pm »

"Huh, I guess impact force isn't a variable in determining crystal growth rate."
Bring up a list propellants that can be used to propel bullets from firearms, narrow the list down to ones stable enough to be usable, can be detonated electronically and but do not detonate from kinetic energy.
Selecting the most powerful one, create a round that uses the propellant to propel the crystal.
Now create a drum magazine that can hold as many of these units as possible without being too cumbersome.

Make most of the front section of the magazine (ensuring that there is still a small amount remaining to prevent the bullets from spilling out) is detachable and hollow (rightmost part of the image).
Add an adhesive (preferably something that isn't very dense) to the central section (yellow) that can allow the magazine to be stuck to surfaces.
Add a conductive area (green) behind where the bullets would be.
Add a slot in the back that a radio-activated detonator (leftmost part of the image) can be attached and used to set off all the ammunition in the entire magazine.
Now create a compact light machine gun that can use this magazine, make it fire it's ammunition via an electric current. Ensure that it will send that current when either the trigger is pulled or if it receives a specific radio signal.
Create a scope-like camera that has 4x magnification. Ensure that it can broadcast it's video feed to the systems of HMRC suits and wristpads. Attach it to the gun.
Finally, create a compact motorized ball-joint that has some sort of system to allow it to locked into place on the ground or ledges, ensure that HMRC wristpads can control it's movements. Ensure that it can be attached to the bottom of the gun.
Now ensure that these systems can be used simultaneously.

You start your project but quickly find something wrong. You can't spawn one of the little seed crystals on it's own and the actual magazines for the Crystalline projector don't have a schematic. The only information you have for them is a warning about breakage leading to possible xenological contamination and injury. Huh.

(( That's just what I asked for, really. Thanks. ))
Interesting.
Start a simplified simulation of the UWM-controlled space, with all the planets and military forces (barring those we don't have access to in the tinker - no hacking); use the last known locations for those objects, or, failing that, just random ones (somewhere in the UWM space). Save it as 'starting conditions'.
The VR machine isnt tracking isn't actively tracking such things. It's not a military computer after all. It's got a list of major UWM worlds and an incomplete list of some of the minor worlds but it's all far from comprehensive.

Just some stupid gamble.. she thought.

"So basically I'd buy one of those capsules und hope I get something useful from it? I'll have to pass then, both because of a lack of funds and a lack of interest in gambles.."

Zephy was growing hungry so she decided to go to the mess hall and check the menu.
He shrugs. "Your loss."

You head to mess hall and find the menu on a board that also serves as the selection system. You have a choice between Meat 1, meat 2, meat 3, drink 1, drink 2, drink 3, and side 1, side 2, and side 3. Lovey

begin!

"LIGHTING KICK!"

You ramp off the ramp like evel knievel in a john woo film and deliver a flying kick to one of the hapless robots just hanging around in your landing zone for some reason.

Search for a list of standard arnaments for the UWM's space-faring navy.

For the crew or the ship?

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11267 on: January 07, 2013, 02:11:00 pm »

continue but with the rest being able to react.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11268 on: January 07, 2013, 02:58:59 pm »

((That's fine, all the worlds that matter (with likely exception of the secret ones, of course) should be available there. A rough estimate is all I need - the UWM hierarchy coherency, magisters psychology and relations are of greater ineterest to me here, rather than the exact amount of planets they rule over. ))
Proceed with setting up the simulation.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11269 on: January 07, 2013, 05:03:24 pm »

((Eh, what the hell. Both.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11270 on: January 07, 2013, 05:16:08 pm »

Get Meat3, Side1 and Drink2 and sit down at a table to eat. Try to figure out what it tastes like. Check out who's also here.

((Does my char know about Steve btw? I'd assume she does))
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11271 on: January 07, 2013, 08:20:47 pm »

((Umm, Piecewise I think you missed my post...))
((When I say battery you can assume that it is manipulator battery))

Set up kinetic shunt to only absorb energy that contacts the user then have it store the energy for later use.

Also bring up the Mobile drone platform and analyse how the systems are setup.

So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11272 on: January 07, 2013, 08:22:51 pm »

Make a unit that takes rounds from the standard magazine and loads them into the drum magazine. Instead of having an electrically conductive plate at the back of the drum magazine, have a layer filled with propellant.
"*sigh* reloading this is going to be a bitch."
If it works, continue with the remaining actions of my previous post.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 08:31:25 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11273 on: January 07, 2013, 08:25:03 pm »

[Oops. Accidental double post.]

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11274 on: January 07, 2013, 08:29:57 pm »

[Another accidental post.  :-[ I keep on missing the modify post button and end using quote without realizing it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 08:32:13 pm by Empiricist »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11275 on: January 07, 2013, 08:34:29 pm »

continue but with the rest being able to react.

You turn on their ability to react. They begin to react.

"Oi, What the fuck are you doing?" One of them demands while a second comforts the one you kicked, who is sobbing.

((That's fine, all the worlds that matter (with likely exception of the secret ones, of course) should be available there. A rough estimate is all I need - the UWM hierarchy coherency, magisters psychology and relations are of greater ineterest to me here, rather than the exact amount of planets they rule over. ))
Proceed with setting up the simulation.
If you're going to try and see what happens when you fuck around with the universe, ie set up the simulation and then shake the box so to speak and watch what happens, then I can tell you that you may have overestimated the capacities of the VR machine.

((Eh, what the hell. Both.))

Well, most of the time the crew aren't armed, what with battle almost never taking place on the ship. As per ships themselves, that depends on their class and their outfitting. A lot of the smaller ships are basically just crew quarters and life support either wrapped around a engine so they can get around or wrapped around a gun, so they can be deployed, move around in system and then be picked up again. larger ships are more modular in their weapons, able to switch between big ol' gauss guns, lasers, and the like.

The UWM is 1 part crowd  control, 9 parts planetary extinction event after all.

Get Meat3, Side1 and Drink2 and sit down at a table to eat. Try to figure out what it tastes like. Check out who's also here.

((Does my char know about Steve btw? I'd assume she does))
(Yeah, you can assume you know about the basics around here, just to save time.)

You get a bit of ground up grayish meat, some odd looking redish veggies and a glass of something fizzy and green. You take a seat at one of the tables and try a bit of everything. The veggies taste sort of like beets, while the meat tastes sort of like drywall. The drink tastes like sugar and artificial colors.

There are a couple of guys in those Vr machines, though you can't really see who they are, even if you did know them.

((Umm, Piecewise I think you missed my post...))
((When I say battery you can assume that it is manipulator battery))

Set up kinetic shunt to only absorb energy that contacts the user then have it store the energy for later use.

Also bring up the Mobile drone platform and analyse how the systems are setup.

You guys really should try using the shunt before messing with it. You don't have to worry about it trying to suck up energy from the planet or something unless you try and make it do that.

as Per that drone platform, exactly what do you mean? How they're controlled? What the make up of the drones is?

Make a unit that takes rounds from the standard magazine and loads them into the drum magazine. Instead of having an electrically conductive plate at the back of the drum magazine, have a layer filled with propellant.
"*sigh* reloading this is going to be a bitch."
It's hard to make that machine to load the rounds from one magazine to another without knowing anything about the crystalline projector's magazine.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11276 on: January 07, 2013, 08:39:15 pm »

Look at the dimensions of the crystalline projector's barrel and the firing mechanism to determine how to create a loading mechanism. If that doesn't work, create a hollow round filled with ClF3 that will not react with it's contents and is propelled by the propellent, then use that for the weapon's ammo.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 06:19:47 am by Empiricist »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11277 on: January 08, 2013, 02:35:58 am »

((Ok ill do that with the shunt. How much for it and the armour though?))

Everything that is relevant, size, flight mechanisms, weapons ect.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11278 on: January 08, 2013, 06:48:14 am »

"They call this food?.."

Finish the meal, ask Steve the following:

"Steve ..was it? What is the current mission about and how is it going? Oh and are there some kind of summaries of the last few missions I can look into?"
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11279 on: January 08, 2013, 08:16:13 am »

Interesting. Search for them big ol' gauss guns. If the schematics for the guns are locked, then search for the spec's. Size of the gun, ammunition, energy consumption, and the like.
Pages: 1 ... 750 751 [752] 753 754 ... 2101