_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 749 750 [751] 752 753 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5930833 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Anomaly in the box
« Reply #11250 on: January 06, 2013, 11:32:02 am »

((@Harry Baldman: the field manipulator I believe that you are thinking of is the UFM, that requires 20 int to use thus putting it far out of my range it is also extremely expensive, although the vector feild can be highly destructive if used along with advanced quantum theory namely by ascertaining the exact position of the particles in an object causing it to spontaneously desintegrate, this is also true for the reverse this is caused by the speed or position of the particle becoming more unknown the more precisely the other is ascertained.))

((Actually, the vector field manipulator is described as this:

14   Vector Field Manipulator
   Ammo: Battery good for 20 uses. Extra batteries are 3 token each.
   Stat Requirement: 15 Intelligence
   Range: Na
   Description: This device allows the user to manipulate the vectors of objects, from atomic particles to 100 ton chucks of flaming metal. Try not to accidentally accelerate all the blood in your body out your eyes.

So it's six tokens cheaper than the UFM, but can do pretty much anything that the UFM can (aside from increasing or decreasing molecular vibration, although you could argue that it could do that as well. After all, magnetic fields and electrical fields are usually expressed as vectors just like motion. So by manipulating those vectors, you could get all sorts of things happening.

But then again, combat is always the most boring use of magic. The fun lies in learning new ways to use it to bypass the environment in many new and exciting ways.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11251 on: January 06, 2013, 02:47:02 pm »

(( Yes, exactly. Also, minus those won by pure luck and not even partially the commander's tactical skill. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11252 on: January 06, 2013, 06:03:46 pm »

((How does the vector of an object allow you to drain kinetic energy or create microwaves or magnetic fields all you can do is move them or create the effects also you are unable to change the gravitational constant acting on an object that is why the kinetic shunt + amp is better as it requires more intelligence to use a vector field plus you don't have the square of the force released when the energy is used. ))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11253 on: January 06, 2013, 06:34:30 pm »

((Vector refers to speed and direction. Kinetic energy is a result of speed, thus changing the speed can drain it. Charged particles can be created by ripping electrons out of atoms thus generating current which can generate electromagnetic fields. Shunt requires 17 int and 16 tokens, VFM requires 15 int and 14 tokens.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11254 on: January 06, 2013, 08:15:26 pm »

((This all assumes targeting individual electrons is as feasible as just using a UFM or one of the more specialized manipulators.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11255 on: January 06, 2013, 09:53:54 pm »

((If you can target individual electrons the ability to have a high energy laser pop up out of no-where))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11256 on: January 06, 2013, 09:57:37 pm »

((If you can target individual electrons the ability to have a high energy laser pop up out of no-where))

((Or you can use the VFM to turn a region of air into plasma. Or have a lot of fun with vectoring stuff to act as kinetic impactors.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11257 on: January 06, 2013, 10:24:11 pm »

((This is why Amps and Manipulators are dumb. Try conventional weapons instead, cuz those shoot and turn living stuff into not living stuff.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11258 on: January 07, 2013, 12:09:24 am »

Test my range of motion and discover just how flexible I am. See if I can (safely) turn my head all the way around (without dying :C).

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11259 on: January 07, 2013, 12:34:06 am »

"No it's just so I know their names. Also, do you think that something isn't right about the mission?"

Finish food then go back onto VR. Spawn a armour shrike, a ramp and several passive immobile mechs then try to use ramp to jump above the other mechs and drop kick one.
Assuming you're rolling fives you can pretty easily do a flying kicking sorta thing into those poor immobile bastards.

Zephyris went over to the guy while tieing her hair into a simple ponytail.
"Define 'stuff', what do you have?"

"I've got a box full of these capsules, see? They're research materials, alien artifacts, prototypes, random junk, all sorts of stuff. And I'm selling them. 3 for a small capsule, 5 for a medium,  8 for a large. You can chose your own or I can chose one at random. I don't really care."

"Okay, thanks."
Victor walks to the VR machines, after examining the available options, he selects Tinker and loads up a Crystalline Projector. Leaving that aside for now, he spawns eight dummy targets. Two of them are wearing MkII, two are wearing MkII MkIII, two are wearing police-issued bullet-proof vests, the last two are robots. He then spawns one fired crystalline projector shot for each of the units. For each armor type, one of the shots is traveling at normal speeds, the other is traveling at the speed it would be if it was propelled by some sort of directed explosion (i.e. fired out of a gun by the detonation of a propellent). Each shot is flying towards their respective target's chest at the same angle from the same distance. Analyze the results, specifically in regards to whether there is any significant damage difference between the two speeds.
Do the above.
Well, considering the Projector does it's damage via the growing of the crystal, not the impact of the "seed" crystal, how you're firing these things really doesn't seem to change anything in terms of the damage they deal, assuming that where they're hitting is held steady.

((@Harry Baldman: the field manipulator I believe that you are thinking of is the UFM, that requires 20 int to use thus putting it far out of my range it is also extremely expensive, although the vector feild can be highly destructive if used along with advanced quantum theory namely by ascertaining the exact position of the particles in an object causing it to spontaneously desintegrate, this is also true for the reverse this is caused by the speed or position of the particle becoming more unknown the more precisely the other is ascertained.))

Ok, Ill hook the shunt into the armour (Mk II) and have an additional battery stored in the armour that can be exchanged with a used battery.
Then attach an amplifier to allow for the energy to go further thus allowing less hits to produce more kinetic energy, Then remove the battery from the shunt and separate it with a CPU inbetween that only allows a flow of electricity into the shunt when a force of over 2500 newtons and under 10 000 000 newtons is detected.

By battery I assume you mean the battery that the shunt and indeed all manipulators use, correct? Because you can't recharge those, though its not exactly obvious why you can't. Their schematic is locked too.

(( Yes, exactly. Also, minus those won by pure luck and not even partially the commander's tactical skill. ))

Hmm. Well there haven't been many "hard fought" space battles in a long time really. Humanity isn't really fighting itself in any real meaningful way, by which I mean that no one can scrape together the forces needed to even mildly annoy the UWM as a whole. And 95% of humanity's interaction with aliens is either to ignore them or kineticly bombard them into extinction about the time they start being capable of interstellar travel. Lemme think here. Well, before the Altered wars, back during the first expansion era, there were fights between the nations of man using kinetic bombardment, however this was all before Field manipulators so we're talking planet based mass drivers half rocket, half "warhead" style projectiles designed to intercept planets, not ships, or more traditional "rod from god" style relatively low speed bombings.

Not to mention space fighting isn't like you see in star wars or star trek. You never even see the other guy, it's more akin to having your computer throw a handful of ball bearings out at the right time and then sitting around and waiting to see if they hit. That or firing a laser and waiting significantly less time. Of course, there are times when they'll want to capture a vessel and then, oh god help the poor bastards who have to try and do that. Thats worse then a hot drop. I mean, most ships have automated point defense weapons for debris and stuff and those things rip the hell out of boarding craft, so they have to send tons of them in at really high speeds. So if you don't die from being shot down, or from the impact because something went wrong somewhere, THEN you have to fight off the crew.

And I completely forgot what the original question was at this point. Sorry, the cough syrup appears to be kicking in.

((This is why Amps and Manipulators are dumb. Try conventional weapons instead, cuz those shoot and turn living stuff into not living stuff.))
Says the man-lady with a manipulator.

Test my range of motion and discover just how flexible I am. See if I can (safely) turn my head all the way around (without dying :C).
Oh yeah, you can do that. Hell, you can morph ball this shit. You can fold yourself in half. You're like a super yoga master. If you still had genitals you could jerk off with your shoulder blades.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11260 on: January 07, 2013, 01:02:07 am »

"Huh, I guess impact force isn't a variable in determining crystal growth rate."
Bring up a list propellants that can be used to propel bullets from firearms, narrow the list down to ones stable enough to be usable, can be detonated electronically and but do not detonate from kinetic energy.
Selecting the most powerful one, create a round that uses the propellant to propel the crystal.
Now create a drum magazine that can hold as many of these units as possible without being too cumbersome.

Make most of the front section of the magazine (ensuring that there is still a small amount remaining to prevent the bullets from spilling out) is detachable and hollow (rightmost part of the image).
Add an adhesive (preferably something that isn't very dense) to the central section (yellow) that can allow the magazine to be stuck to surfaces.
Add a conductive area (green) behind where the bullets would be.
Add a slot in the back that a radio-activated detonator (leftmost part of the image) can be attached and used to set off all the ammunition in the entire magazine.
Now create a compact light machine gun that can use this magazine, make it fire it's ammunition via an electric current. Ensure that it will send that current when either the trigger is pulled or if it receives a specific radio signal.
Create a scope-like camera that has 4x magnification. Ensure that it can broadcast it's video feed to the systems of HMRC suits and wristpads. Attach it to the gun.
Finally, create a compact motorized ball-joint that has some sort of system to allow it to locked into place on the ground or ledges, ensure that HMRC wristpads can control it's movements. Ensure that it can be attached to the bottom of the gun.
Now ensure that these systems can be used simultaneously.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 01:19:22 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11261 on: January 07, 2013, 06:25:49 am »

(( That's just what I asked for, really. Thanks. ))
Interesting.
Start a simplified simulation of the UWM-controlled space, with all the planets and military forces (barring those we don't have access to in the tinker - no hacking); use the last known locations for those objects, or, failing that, just random ones (somewhere in the UWM space). Save it as 'starting conditions'.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11262 on: January 07, 2013, 06:51:45 am »

Just some stupid gamble.. she thought.

"So basically I'd buy one of those capsules und hope I get something useful from it? I'll have to pass then, both because of a lack of funds and a lack of interest in gambles.."

Zephy was growing hungry so she decided to go to the mess hall and check the menu.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 01:11:41 pm by MutzelRX »
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11263 on: January 07, 2013, 08:01:48 am »

((When I say battery you can assume that it is manipulator battery))

Set up kinetic shunt to only absorb energy that contacts the user then have it store the energy for later use.

Also bring up the Mobile drone platform and analyse how the systems are setup.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11264 on: January 07, 2013, 11:35:20 am »

begin!

"LIGHTING KICK!"
Pages: 1 ... 749 750 [751] 752 753 ... 2101