_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 746 747 [748] 749 750 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5931994 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Anomaly in the box
« Reply #11205 on: December 31, 2012, 09:52:03 am »

((Could be viable. Particularly if you pick up the Tesla Arc.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11206 on: December 31, 2012, 02:59:54 pm »

"Huh. These must be some pretty large files."

See if I can minimize the poacher program, and load up tinker.

((Oh yeah. Time to muck about with kinetic amps.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11207 on: December 31, 2012, 05:06:44 pm »

((Do you still have to roll CON for that?))

Open up tinker and load up a gauss rifle and a mono-atomic razor. Then, see how well attaching the razor under the barrel would work, as per a bayonet.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11208 on: December 31, 2012, 05:14:02 pm »

((I do believe the question with the Tesla Arc is not whether you hit something, but rather what exactly you hit. So a 6+3 would probably ruin several people's days, and not all of them your enemies.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11209 on: January 01, 2013, 12:33:16 am »

((Don't ask me for handiwork rolls. I think I have a -1 or -2. Also, what's my char's name again?))

Seeing the message, ____ messaged the correct datapad with his pad info.
You message man guy with your own pad's info.

"Ha! At least someone gets it!"

Turn around and head for the hangar.
You turn on your heel and walk to the hanger. It's pretty empty in here, save for all these shuttles and such. No people is what your brain means to say. It's late alright? Your brain is tired.

(( Looks like bad wording on my part. I'll just roll with it. ))
Well, crap.
Start the cancelled search anew.

You want anything particular, such as vs other people or vs aliens or vs altered? Because a lot of the time the usages of these sorts of things were rather one sided.

((Hmm, even though curiosity killed the cat I guess ill have a go at messing about with the shunt and amp))

Go to VR and open tinker for a Mk II suit and add a kinetic shunt liked to the outer armour of the suit and a kinetic amp tied to that which is in turn tied to some form of "kinetic capacitor" or have the excess turned into electricity and that used to power the kinetic systems and have leftover kinetic energy stored for later use in emergencies. Also look into Other ventures into this line of thinking and investigate whether similar or better results can be achieved by a UFM. 

Putting kinetic shunt on the suit. Fine. Putting kinetic Amp on the hand of the shunt. Also fine. Attempting to modify the Shunt, however, gives you a big red X.

((Part of me is tempted, when Gorat dies, to create a Only Cha, Only Speech character. Maybe some point in Conventional so they know which end of the gun not to point at their head (and not be fully useless).))

Take out that sphere with a button. Examine it throughoutly for anything I may have missed before.
It's a sphere with a button and an small lcd screen. It's got a seam around it's center but you can't see how it would be opened.

"Huh. These must be some pretty large files."

See if I can minimize the poacher program, and load up tinker.

((Oh yeah. Time to muck about with kinetic amps.))

(I'm actively making a Poacher Interactive Fiction-ie choose your own adventure-which is why I figured you might want to wait a bit for that to be done.)

You load up tinker.

Open up tinker and load up a gauss rifle and a mono-atomic razor. Then, see how well attaching the razor under the barrel would work, as per a bayonet.
Well, in terms of slashing it would work fine, but since the Razor can't stab it might not be the best choice for something that would be used primarily for stabbing.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11210 on: January 01, 2013, 02:08:17 am »

Load up a pair of kinetic amps, and enlarge the contact plates to fit on the soles of a pair of boots. Then spawn platforms at ten, twenty, fifty, and one hundred feet high. Wear boots, activate amps, and jump off each of the platforms. Observe results.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11211 on: January 01, 2013, 06:07:57 am »

((Hopefully I filled this out correctly.))
 Character sheet
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 06:10:16 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #11212 on: January 01, 2013, 08:16:50 am »

((Happy new year!

Missed that someone had messaged Gorat.))

Send a compiled version of the game to Denzel Gaunt aka Doomblade187.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11213 on: January 01, 2013, 08:56:06 am »

find a place to rest without being interrupted.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11214 on: January 02, 2013, 01:21:03 am »

Load up a pair of kinetic amps, and enlarge the contact plates to fit on the soles of a pair of boots. Then spawn platforms at ten, twenty, fifty, and one hundred feet high. Wear boots, activate amps, and jump off each of the platforms. Observe results.
Well, the contact plates themselves aren't actually where the force is expended, ie they don't hit the target with the kinetically amplified force. They're more of a trigger, when they're depressed the amp fires the multiplied kinetic force just in front of the plates. So welding something to the plate will result either in nothing or in the plate just being damaged. That, and remember that kinetic amps ignore newton's third law by exerting force entirely on the target without any reciprocal force on the user. Otherwise using them would kill you/rip a limb off. You could make what amounts to like a pogo stick with them, just with the spring replaced with  a K-Amp, but as you describe it it wouldn't really work.

((Hopefully I filled this out correctly.))
 Character sheet
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Got it. Welcome aboard.

find a place to rest without being interrupted.

You hide under a bench in the locker rooms, gathering yourself a bed of discarded clothing and wrapping yourself in a cocoon of towels.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11215 on: January 02, 2013, 01:38:24 am »

Victor falls out of the cryo pod, coughing the last of the pod's fluid out of his lungs. After ensuring that his contact lenses were still in place, he puts on some clothing.
Put on some clothes, head towards the armory and approach to kiosk.
"Hello, are there any drugs that are available here? How much do they cost and how much can I take with me on missions?"
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 06:34:46 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11216 on: January 02, 2013, 04:38:25 am »

((Hmm not sure if I communicated correctly what I was planning, Any way ill elaborate and perform an experiment that could break the concept of "Energy cannot be created or destroyed".))

In VR
-Connect the input of the input of a kinetic shunt to the curiass of the Mk II chest (do this by programming/connecting the
shunt to the curiass by using it as advertised although instead of tying the output to the suit/user (as far as I can understand from the                           description of how it is meant to work) it would be tied to the input area of the kinetic amp which would store the amplified energy for future  use

-And for the experiment I would like to setup a kinetic amp and a kinetic shunt on either side of a hypothetical indestructible panel then have the kinetic shunt out connected to the amp in and the amp out connected to one side of the panel while on the other side the shunt is connected to the antipodes of the amp out.

Out of VR
-Check what is allowed in the modification of field modulators.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11217 on: January 02, 2013, 12:31:09 pm »

((Well, I was trying to make something like a pair of long-fall boots. If I strapped a pair of kinetic amps to my boots, turned them on, and jumped off a building, as long as I landed on the amps, would I be okay/not dead?))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11218 on: January 02, 2013, 01:25:47 pm »

((It just doesn't apply the *reactive* part of the force multiplication back to you- just the original force.  So yes, you'd splatter... but probably be standing in a nice crater.  I'm curious as to the impact of that sort of thing.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11219 on: January 02, 2013, 10:59:54 pm »

Alright. After countless hours of reading this I think I'll join in after all!

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships
Pages: 1 ... 746 747 [748] 749 750 ... 2101