_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 744 745 [746] 747 748 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5931844 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Anomaly in the box
« Reply #11175 on: December 30, 2012, 03:02:28 am »

((It is designed to act as a feild that has a chance of negating hits on its own before the armour has to saving it from being damaged for most of the battle as extra batteries could be used to keep these systems running. The flight would be less of a constant acceleration to a short burst of speed that moves the user a good distance fast. Also the use of offensive power is just how this ridiculous amount a of kinetic energy  could be applied as seeing that a single rifle bullet can impart is around 25 000 newtons (0.05 kg round & speed of 500ms^-1) woulsss combined with the kinetic amp allow for massive output, enough to doubtless acellerate masses to extremely high speeds,

It essentially functions as a offensive sheild ))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11176 on: December 30, 2012, 03:13:57 am »

((So... kinetic shunt-powered (as opposed to shaped nuclear charge-powered) Orion booster.

You do know that an acceleration like that will play absolute havoc with a human body, yes? The stress from the g-forces created would likely knock out, if not damage or kill. By my calculations, redirecting the force of that bullet you mentioned, for example, with 25000 newtons of force, on an average 70 kilogram human, would produce 36 Gs.

A typical person can handle about 5 g (49 m/s²) before losing consciousness, but through the combination of special g-suits and efforts to strain muscles—both of which act to force blood back into the brain—modern pilots can typically handle a sustained 9 g (88 m/s²)))
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 03:21:20 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11177 on: December 30, 2012, 03:21:29 am »

((Yeah, short bursts are the ones you need to watch out for. I believe max-speed MKIII usage requires End rolls just for straight flying, much less sharp turns or abruptly stopping.

Also, I'm not sure you could use a kinetic amp to accelerate a bullet that way.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11178 on: December 30, 2012, 03:36:50 am »

((The idea would be to use only a fraction of the energy provided by one bullet to boost and to account for human endurance so the max speed would be hampered along with the accelleration to the maximum speed. Also some of the kinetic energy can be converted into eletrical energy in a generator to recharge the amp and feild. Then the remaining energy after this would be stored for later use offensively, also if it could be a modular system (removable) then that would help so that it could be transferred to some of the more advanced suits later on))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11179 on: December 30, 2012, 05:38:14 am »

((I doubt one bullet would provide as much energy as you're expecting, but yeah, if you only use it within reason, there shouldn't be too much of a problem. Bear in mind it still might be ungainly, however, as you're either attempting very fine release of raw kinetic energy or just sort of shoving yourself along a straight line.

As for the energy thing, I think you misunderstand. The UWM has very strict prohibitions against any attempt to understand how amps or manipulators work. This most likely extends to how they receive power, meaning unless they can just sort of soak up whatever you give them, you'd either have to guess right or perform experiments punishable by summary execution.

Also, generators actually aren't that expensive. Were it not for said ban, getting free manip power probably wouldn't be all that much of a hassle.))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11180 on: December 30, 2012, 09:26:43 am »

((I doubt one bullet would provide as much energy as you're expecting, but yeah, if you only use it within reason, there shouldn't be too much of a problem. Bear in mind it still might be ungainly, however, as you're either attempting very fine release of raw kinetic energy or just sort of shoving yourself along a straight line.

As for the energy thing, I think you misunderstand. The UWM has very strict prohibitions against any attempt to understand how amps or manipulators work. This most likely extends to how they receive power, meaning unless they can just sort of soak up whatever you give them, you'd either have to guess right or perform experiments punishable by summary execution.

Also, generators actually aren't that expensive. Were it not for said ban, getting free manip power probably wouldn't be all that much of a hassle.))

((Hooking up a generator to use with a manipulator battery is perfectly fine, I remember doing it with my first character with no problems other than a slightly less than optimal handiwork roll.

Anyways, Corsair, experiment with this stuff IC. Who knows what'll come out of you tinkering about, even if you can't build it yourself?))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11181 on: December 30, 2012, 09:33:49 am »

((Hooking up a generator to use with a manipulator battery is perfectly fine, I remember doing it with my first character with no problems other than a slightly less than optimal handiwork roll.))
((Ooh, really? That's interesting... Might have to look into that sometime.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11182 on: December 30, 2012, 09:49:19 am »

((Actually, I think piecewise changed this to stay consistent, as I do remember hooking up a field manipulator to a generator as Timmy, but when I tried that with Stacy, piecewise said that you can't actually do it in Tinker.))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11183 on: December 30, 2012, 10:02:53 am »

((At least he is able to. My guy has no skill in handiwork whatsoever.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11184 on: December 30, 2012, 11:35:30 am »

Head to armoury and ask for a a book on using gusn like the bolt action. also speak to new guy.

"Who are you?"

"It's a rifle," The armory master says, knitting her brows, "You point it at people and pull the trigger until they fall down. If they're far away aim a little higher. It's literally nothing but a tube with some explosives in one end that blow a bit of metal out at people. What do you want, a book about how aim?"

Return to the barracks. Send a wristpad message to everyone:
Quote from: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos; to everyone
As some of you might know, I'm trying to pass the time between missions to write a game, a shoot and run platformer. I've converted it to run on the bigger data pads rather than the wristpad version I sent out previously. If you want to try it out and have a data pad (you may be able to get one from the armory master), send me a datapad message (message code 32947204856012384575342970589731) along with the 32-digit message code of your data pad (It should be listed with the system data), and I'll send back a compiled version of the game.
You head back to the barracks and send your message to every prisoner on board.

(( A bit late, but still:
@Corsair Welcome to the HMR Corps! Enjoy your stay  ;)
@Piecewise Welcome back!))
Whistle a merry tune. Check the search progress bar.

Wait, wasn't that simulation thing you cancelled the search? I feel I may have missed something.

((Im going to guess that peicewise will answer tavis toth so ill leave that to him))

Search for someone to make my kinetic shunt feild thingy
You do your own talking and RP'ing around here. If I did it for you it would be nothing but constant silliness for comedic effect.

As per someone who can help you make your kinetic shunt thing, you'll probably have to go and talk to people or just scream requests into rooms until someone volunteers. You don't know who is crafty by just looking at them after all.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11185 on: December 30, 2012, 11:40:53 am »

((Don't ask me for handiwork rolls. I think I have a -1 or -2. Also, what's my char's name again?))

Seeing the message, ____ messaged the correct datapad with his pad info.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11186 on: December 30, 2012, 11:43:46 am »

"Ha! At least someone gets it!"

Turn around and head for the hangar.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11187 on: December 30, 2012, 07:03:15 pm »

(( Looks like bad wording on my part. I'll just roll with it. ))
Well, crap.
Start the cancelled search anew.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11188 on: December 30, 2012, 08:34:58 pm »

((Hmm, even though curiosity killed the cat I guess ill have a go at messing about with the shunt and amp))

Go to VR and open tinker for a Mk II suit and add a kinetic shunt liked to the outer armour of the suit and a kinetic amp tied to that which is in turn tied to some form of "kinetic capacitor" or have the excess turned into electricity and that used to power the kinetic systems and have leftover kinetic energy stored for later use in emergencies. Also look into Other ventures into this line of thinking and investigate whether similar or better results can be achieved by a UFM. 

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11189 on: December 30, 2012, 09:26:24 pm »

You do your own talking and RP'ing around here. If I did it for you it would be nothing but constant silliness for comedic effect.
((Oh man, I just had the greatest idea. Sometime we should all totally attempt to hold a conversation using nothing but speech rolls.))
Pages: 1 ... 744 745 [746] 747 748 ... 2101