_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 737 738 [739] 740 741 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5931760 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Anomaly in the box
« Reply #11070 on: December 17, 2012, 03:25:16 pm »

Check the plans carefully. If they are ok, start implementing the graphics engine.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11071 on: December 17, 2012, 03:25:23 pm »

((Just don't forget your twin railguns.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11072 on: December 17, 2012, 03:26:00 pm »

Interesting.
Look for general information on RSC 0-3-118-616-8132-1-7-175 4. Is there anything peculiar? Does it stand out somehow, like having an atmosphere composed mainly of rare chemical substances, for example, or orbiting a very nice shiny star which happens to be famous somehow? Are there any inhabited worlds nearby?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11073 on: December 17, 2012, 05:33:27 pm »

I like the squad-based combat idea, but I suggest perhaps a simple urban fighting sim to start out with, nothing as big as Hexabrax, seeing as I don't *think* we do that many 'big' battles.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11074 on: December 17, 2012, 06:42:59 pm »

I like the squad-based combat idea, but I suggest perhaps a simple urban fighting sim to start out with, nothing as big as Hexabrax, seeing as I don't *think* we do that many 'big' battles.

((Chose Hexbarax for ease of setup, really.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11075 on: December 17, 2012, 09:56:41 pm »

((Eh, we could just import a random cityscape with enemies. VR does buildings randomly well enough.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11076 on: December 17, 2012, 10:07:37 pm »

((Eh, we could just import a random cityscape with enemies. VR does buildings randomly well enough.))

((First time probably will be Hexbarax, but that is a possibility. Just don't forget that it's not just squad-based tactical leadership stuff, there will be a PC in charge of giving orders for the squads to follow.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11077 on: December 17, 2012, 10:12:37 pm »

Now, do it in a Mammoth tank fom Command and conquer. and FIRE ZE MISSILES! and rail guns.

Does the Mammoth tank have anything for anti-personnel? Because without something to stop the Altered from just crawling onto it it's not gonna last long, rail guns or not.

Check the plans carefully. If they are ok, start implementing the graphics engine.
[aux:4+1]
You get the graphics set up exactly as you'd like. They're a beautiful 2.5 d with 3d graphics in a 2d game.

Interesting.
Look for general information on RSC 0-3-118-616-8132-1-7-175 4. Is there anything peculiar? Does it stand out somehow, like having an atmosphere composed mainly of rare chemical substances, for example, or orbiting a very nice shiny star which happens to be famous somehow? Are there any inhabited worlds nearby?
This is exactly all you can find on the planet.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11078 on: December 17, 2012, 10:45:35 pm »

Does the Mammoth tank have anything for anti-personnel? Because without something to stop the Altered from just crawling onto it it's not gonna last long, rail guns or not.

Not en masse.  Depending on the version (and I think so given the pic) it has effective anti-personnel rockets, but the rate of fire isn't great.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11079 on: December 18, 2012, 12:21:36 am »

(( Wow. Also, now I'm beginning to learn the numbers by heart. ER's own set of Mysterious Numbers That Mean Something :P ))
Let's see... Half gee, average temperature just below water freezing point, fairly low mass, apparent magnitude... Wait. -23.12? That's one very shiny celestial body indeed. And it's not even a star!
Check the star that planet orbits. How bright is it? Could it be the cause of this excessive illumination?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11080 on: December 18, 2012, 03:45:04 am »

(( Wow. Also, now I'm beginning to learn the numbers by heart. ER's own set of Mysterious Numbers That Mean Something :P ))
Let's see... Half gee, average temperature just below water freezing point, fairly low mass, apparent magnitude... Wait. -23.12? That's one very shiny celestial body indeed. And it's not even a star!
Check the star that planet orbits. How bright is it? Could it be the cause of this excessive illumination?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #11081 on: December 18, 2012, 09:36:12 am »

Now create plans and models for the game engine - physics, hit boxes, hazards, damage, etc...
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11082 on: December 18, 2012, 11:46:48 am »

Fire the cannons and missiles while ramming altered!

((the squad thing is cool. Chould try to simulate a smaller important battle from before Hexbarax, Stalingrad for example or part of it or Battle of Berlin.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11083 on: December 18, 2012, 12:21:17 pm »

Pretty bright, I suppose? Well, whatever. Later, maybe.
Oh, and the coordinates - speaking of which...

Search for astronomical coordinate systems which would use both degrees and radians. At the same time, in two different parameters, that is.
((By the way - how much of the Milky Way galaxy does the UWM cover? Not in amount of inhabited systems, but in 'overall territory' marked by the most outlying worlds? Just a ballpark figure, please. ))
Past Sigs

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11084 on: December 18, 2012, 01:52:10 pm »

Now create plans and models for the game engine - physics, hit boxes, hazards, damage, etc...
You charge your game brain.

"Gotta make sure to make these hit boxes just right or people will yell at me. More then usual.'

Fire the cannons and missiles while ramming altered!

((the squad thing is cool. Chould try to simulate a smaller important battle from before Hexbarax, Stalingrad for example or part of it or Battle of Berlin.))
You fire the cannons but can't see if the did any damage because you're already neck deep in altered. They haven't made it through the armor of the tank yet, but they are sure as hell trying.

Pretty bright, I suppose? Well, whatever. Later, maybe.
Oh, and the coordinates - speaking of which...

Search for astronomical coordinate systems which would use both degrees and radians. At the same time, in two different parameters, that is.
((By the way - how much of the Milky Way galaxy does the UWM cover? Not in amount of inhabited systems, but in 'overall territory' marked by the most outlying worlds? Just a ballpark figure, please. ))
You find several hundred if not thousands of systems which use degrees and radians together.

(Well, the "jump" system we use is limited, it can't take you anywhere, so there tend to be scattered islands of humanity that spring up around the places it can take you. Those islands are spread throughout the milky way though. )
Pages: 1 ... 737 738 [739] 740 741 ... 2101