_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 736 737 [738] 739 740 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5930744 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Anomaly in the box
« Reply #11055 on: December 16, 2012, 05:40:52 pm »

Nice.
Check the author's name and planet of origin and copy that info to a note file. Return to the computer, search the Net for guides on wetware programming.
((Loved the reference :D ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11056 on: December 16, 2012, 05:56:55 pm »

M1 abrams with full crew. frontline. lets do this. FULL SPEED AHEAD.

over UWM radio: "ROAD KILL!"

((Yep. Going to leeroy Jenkins them Altered.))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #11057 on: December 16, 2012, 05:58:21 pm »

"Am I subconsciously tapping into existing libraries or something?"

Check what else is on the datapad beyond my game.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11058 on: December 16, 2012, 06:28:01 pm »

((Totally thought of something epic we could do involving the Battle of Hexbarax sim.

Each PC leads a squad of 5 NPCs, and has 75 tokens to kit them (More? Less? Don't want to make it too easy or too hard). One of us, the one proctoring the sim (likely me, since I'll be proposing the thing) is in orbit on a UWM capital ship, monitoring everything from above, but not actually taking part in the fighting. The proctor can give orders to specific squads, such as a target to destroy, an area to hold, an area to clear of Altered, etc.

The point is to evaluate leadership skills in squad-based combat (with a semi-competent squad). Perhaps prizes?))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11059 on: December 16, 2012, 09:08:53 pm »

(...You know, I'd take part in that. I dunno how good I'd do, but it might be fun. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11060 on: December 16, 2012, 09:20:07 pm »

((I'd still prefer running all of us through X-COM or leading X-COM squads. :3

Maybe even opposed human and alien squads or factions...))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11061 on: December 16, 2012, 10:49:28 pm »

"Let's go with Hunter."

Select Hunter.
You select hunter. It asks you to select a location between urban, jungle, antarctic, and desert.

Nice.
Check the author's name and planet of origin and copy that info to a note file. Return to the computer, search the Net for guides on wetware programming.
((Loved the reference :D ))
The author's name is Javier Castanedo, however the planet of origin is a bit odd. It's marked as RSC 0-3-118-616-8132-1-7-175 4.  The only information on it is general information about the planet. How odd.

You search wetware computer on the net and find about 6 billion sites screaming about the moral and ethical problems with living computers as well as a fair number that posit that such computers could be dangerous.

M1 abrams with full crew. frontline. lets do this. FULL SPEED AHEAD.

over UWM radio: "ROAD KILL!"

((Yep. Going to leeroy Jenkins them Altered.))
You realize this is gonna last like...seconds right?

"Am I subconsciously tapping into existing libraries or something?"

Check what else is on the datapad beyond my game.

Theres some preset music and a few games and a wireless internet system with no signal as well as a few basic programs like a word processor and simple drawing program.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11062 on: December 17, 2012, 01:10:34 am »

Skim through a couple of the screaming-protesting sites, as well as a couple of the cautious ones. What are their main points?
Also, try searching again, this time specificly among the sites of scientifically-oriented worlds (like Altair IV, possibly RSC 0-3-118-616-8132-1-7-175 4, etc.).

Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11063 on: December 17, 2012, 03:19:40 am »

Review any relevant knowledge about "Nyar's space magicy" I have... If any.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11064 on: December 17, 2012, 11:32:15 am »

((Yep.))

Fire while rammign them!

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #11065 on: December 17, 2012, 02:49:36 pm »

Get something to eat, then make detailed plans and models for the graphics engine, especially how the maps, heroes, and enemies should look like - specifically somewhat 3D and realistic, but still a sidescrolling platformer at heart.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11066 on: December 17, 2012, 03:08:13 pm »

Skim through a couple of the screaming-protesting sites, as well as a couple of the cautious ones. What are their main points?
Also, try searching again, this time specificly among the sites of scientifically-oriented worlds (like Altair IV, possibly RSC 0-3-118-616-8132-1-7-175 4, etc.).

The screaming protest sites seem to have their argument rooted in "Using the brains of men and animals to handle computations is murder/cruelty." They also talk about how these brains might still contain traces of the individual they were taken from and that the "Neuro-noise" is these half-existent selves manifesting themselves in some way.

The cautious ones talk about how a computer with wetware could develop original ideas and emotions, even becoming dangerous or unstable.

When it comes to RSC 0-3-118-616-8132-1-7-175 4,  You actually can't find anything about it other then that it's a dead planet with no colonization or work. Why would the author of a book give a dead planet as his address?

Review any relevant knowledge about "Nyar's space magicy" I have... If any.
It has lead to the death of a least 2 people directly. It has also lead to at least one person becoming something akin to immortal.  Not terrible odds so far.

((Yep.))

Fire while rammign them!
You fire while ramming them. It works just peachy until one of the altered with very sharp, very long claws opens your tank up like a can of sardines and begins eating your..everything.

Get something to eat, then make detailed plans and models for the graphics engine, especially how the maps, heroes, and enemies should look like - specifically somewhat 3D and realistic, but still a sidescrolling platformer at heart.
You grab some food and sit down to plan out your game. Hopefully that should prevent future fuckups.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11067 on: December 17, 2012, 03:10:52 pm »

Now, do it in a Mammoth tank fom Command and conquer. and FIRE ZE MISSILES! and rail guns.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 03:44:13 pm by Tavik Toth »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11068 on: December 17, 2012, 03:18:38 pm »

Now, do it in a Mammoth tank fom Command and conquer!

(("Yea verily, though I charge through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am driving a house-sized mass of fuck you. "
— Anonymous Mammoth Tank crewman))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11069 on: December 17, 2012, 03:22:38 pm »

((Indeed. Its time to MISSILE SPAM.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
))
Pages: 1 ... 736 737 [738] 739 740 ... 2101