_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 735 736 [737] 738 739 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5931957 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Anomaly in the box
« Reply #11040 on: December 15, 2012, 06:32:28 pm »

((I just had the greatest idea ever. It will be horrifically destructive, and insanely hard to use. The hypervelocity rifle. A scaled down version of the Swords main guns. Dibs.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11041 on: December 15, 2012, 07:05:38 pm »

((I just had the greatest idea ever. It will be horrifically destructive, and insanely hard to use. The hypervelocity rifle. A scaled down version of the Swords main guns. Dibs.))

((You have discovered GAUSS RIFLES!))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11042 on: December 15, 2012, 07:17:25 pm »

(( And altered brain thoughts (memories, sensory data, etc.) are completely incompatible with normal ones, I take it?

Also, what is 'thought and memory bleed'? I mean, is it only that other participant's thoughts and memories creep into your head (and vice versa), or is thought/memory loss present as well?))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11043 on: December 15, 2012, 10:43:05 pm »

((From what I gather, the Swords main guns use manipulators to accelerate the shell. Seeing what Jim did with his, the standard round could be accelerated faster than the magnets could. If my physics is correct(probably isn't), you should be able to increase the speed of the round in a normal gauss rifle by adding more coils, but as with the focusing chambers, you run into a size problem. More speed means more coils, more coils means a longer rifle. A vector manipulator could possibly accelerate the round more in less space.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11044 on: December 15, 2012, 10:44:18 pm »

((Depending on how the vector manipulator works, if you use one, why do you even need a barrel?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11045 on: December 16, 2012, 12:43:03 am »

((From what I gather, the Swords main guns use manipulators to accelerate the shell.

((Well there's your problem: the Sword's main cannons have been stated to be massive Gauss cannons. No manipulators involved, as far as I'm aware.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11046 on: December 16, 2012, 12:56:09 am »

((Depending on how the vector manipulator works, if you use one, why do you even need a barrel?))
((Good question. Possibly to give it extra oomph, or to handle a section of speed more cheaply, or maybe something we're not familiar with, like the gauss provides the actual thrust and the manipulators multiply it or remove resistance to it or something like that.))

((Well there's your problem: the Sword's main cannons have been stated to be massive Gauss cannons. No manipulators involved, as far as I'm aware.))
Yay for Tungsten core gauss rounds the size of mobile homes accelerated to significant values of c! 

Also for the field manipulators that make that possible.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11047 on: December 16, 2012, 01:22:14 am »

Yay for Tungsten core gauss rounds the size of mobile homes accelerated to significant values of c! 

Also for the field manipulators that make that possible.

((... How did I miss that.

Nevermind, then.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11048 on: December 16, 2012, 01:57:10 am »

((well Gunbuster Human goes from in about 40-50 years basically whats in iron sky to FTL capable ships with homing lazers and planets get killled by accident. and turn jupiter into a black hole bomb. and all while fighting space monsters in the billions. and held of 12 million of them with whats basically in Iron sky.))

Fight!

After doing some research, and by that I mean reading a bit and watching a few videos on youtube (mostly from Diebuster to be honest, nicer animations) I have to say that my only way to judge this is.....eh? I mean, It would be like saying who would win in a fight between one of my titans or an Eva. My titans are terrifying forces of planetary destruction, but the evas have a sheild that can't be broken and can pull powers out of their ass when they need to. My titans, regardless of their capacities, are still limited. You shoot a titan from orbit and it dies. You shoot an eva from orbit and it grows 8 wings and turns the human race into tang.  If the UWM gets beaten, they die. If the Gunbusters are on the verge of losing some girl will teleport in from pluto and cut the planet in half somehow.

Long story short, Gunbusters win because of anime.

Good luck with that. The Sword's guns get rounds up that fast  with the help of massive gauss cannon systems in combination with field manipulators. You might be able to get something like that down to a size carry-able by an Avatar, but by a man? You'd have a better chance Dual Wielding GAU-8's

(( And altered brain thoughts (memories, sensory data, etc.) are completely incompatible with normal ones, I take it?

Also, what is 'thought and memory bleed'? I mean, is it only that other participant's thoughts and memories creep into your head (and vice versa), or is thought/memory loss present as well?))
The altered brain's senses are fine, it's the way it thinks that will cause problems. Basically the alteration makes it think like a machine, which means it has a very logical thought process but can't infer things or make fuzzy logic leaps like we can. It has no intuition, no capacity for imagination beyond what it knows, limited capacity for  abstract thought or planning. You could connect to it, but doing so would be the taste equivalent of downing rubbing alcohol. It would be bad for your mental health, in other words, especially over long time periods.

And thought/memory bleed is not only the creeping of memories and thoughts into each other's heads but the slow loss of the ability to distinguish ones thoughts from the other, and eventually ones senses from the other. It's what made Ghost Ships possible, the slow melding of minds, but for mobile people who want to do things this could be very bad. 

((From what I gather, the Swords main guns use manipulators to accelerate the shell. Seeing what Jim did with his, the standard round could be accelerated faster than the magnets could. If my physics is correct(probably isn't), you should be able to increase the speed of the round in a normal gauss rifle by adding more coils, but as with the focusing chambers, you run into a size problem. More speed means more coils, more coils means a longer rifle. A vector manipulator could possibly accelerate the round more in less space.))

This is very true. The sword's guns use a combination of things in order to keep the expenditures of any individual system to an acceptable level. Ie, as the sizes of objects and the speeds you need to take them too are increased the calculations required increase exponentially with them. Because of this, the guns use a combination of gauss and several field manipulators doing everything from momentarily lower the mass of the shell to make propelling it easier, to increase the magnitude of it's vector. It's all very complex but it makes the guns manageable in size and resources. Getting a gun that can fire rounds at a significant value of c without planetary levels of power isn't an easy thing after all.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11049 on: December 16, 2012, 02:10:21 am »

"Bored."

Exit tinker, load up Poacher.

"This looks interesting."

((Yeah, wasn't expecting it to be anywhere near as powerful as a capital gun, but the theory is there. I may not be able to get it to any significant value of c, but I probably could get it going at a fairly decent pace, or at less faster than the gauss rifle. Besides, something going that fast in-atmosphere would be a bigger problem than whatever was being shot at, due to friction melting me or something. And another thing, this would probably be so insanely expensive, to be entirely impractical. Awsome, but impractical.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11050 on: December 16, 2012, 02:24:03 am »

(( So no thoughts/memory loss, only melding of minds and personalities. Good. Plus a more one-sided process is available, as you mentioned earlier. Good as well. ))
Oooh. Now that was a ton of information to digest. Reminds me of my university days.
Exit the tinker, and go grab some food (1-2-2-1, if it matters). Pick a random title from my datapad (if the genres are stated, preferably something light-hearted - comedy? lyric poetry? we'll see) and read a bit as I eat.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11051 on: December 16, 2012, 05:13:36 am »

((Ah yes, the old "This universe is bullshit" card. :P

...also, what were the legion of tazer fish even for? It didn't look like she needed them.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11052 on: December 16, 2012, 06:45:29 am »

((Gunbuster is pretty OP.))

Load Battle of Hexbarax.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11053 on: December 16, 2012, 05:04:04 pm »

"Bored."

Exit tinker, load up Poacher.

"This looks interesting."

((Yeah, wasn't expecting it to be anywhere near as powerful as a capital gun, but the theory is there. I may not be able to get it to any significant value of c, but I probably could get it going at a fairly decent pace, or at less faster than the gauss rifle. Besides, something going that fast in-atmosphere would be a bigger problem than whatever was being shot at, due to friction melting me or something. And another thing, this would probably be so insanely expensive, to be entirely impractical. Awsome, but impractical.))
You load up poacher and are given the choice between Hunter or Prey.

(( So no thoughts/memory loss, only melding of minds and personalities. Good. Plus a more one-sided process is available, as you mentioned earlier. Good as well. ))
Oooh. Now that was a ton of information to digest. Reminds me of my university days.
Exit the tinker, and go grab some food (1-2-2-1, if it matters). Pick a random title from my datapad (if the genres are stated, preferably something light-hearted - comedy? lyric poetry? we'll see) and read a bit as I eat.
You grab some food and take a seat on one of the benches in the mess hall, putting your datapad down beside you. You poke at it a few times and bring up the first thing you find that sounds light and comedic, like an anorexic girl falling down a flight of stairs.

The book is called "As you synthesize it," and is a comedy based around chemistry and one chemist's attempts to woo another with various plots and ploys, most revolving around some esoteric chemical reaction or the like, culminating in his discovery of a new substance which he names after the object of his affection.

((Gunbuster is pretty OP.))

Load Battle of Hexbarax.

You load the program. It asks you to select your load out and your starting position.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11054 on: December 16, 2012, 05:07:03 pm »

"Let's go with Hunter."

Select Hunter.
Pages: 1 ... 735 736 [737] 738 739 ... 2101