_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 731 732 [733] 734 735 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5931435 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Anomaly in the box
« Reply #10980 on: December 11, 2012, 10:11:39 pm »

Pity. Well, let's check for other things, while I'm at it.
Bring up the available variants of the Mk III suit.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10981 on: December 11, 2012, 10:15:39 pm »

"Huh. I wonder."

Spawn a gauss rifle, a standard gauss round, and a forty foot length of non-magnetic high strength cable. Attach the gauss round to one end of the cable, and bore a hole in the back of the rifle for the cable to slide through. Spawn a four foot thick concrete wall twenty feet away, load the rifle with the round, and fire it at the wall. Observe effects.

((Alien materials researching.))

((Sounds like you're trying to make a grapple gun, to me.))

((Yeah. The alien materials is a reference to X-Com:EU, because it's the first step in getting the skeleton suit.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10982 on: December 12, 2012, 01:02:00 am »

((Yesss. Continue.))

Laugh evily while watching. Also have the civilian react apart from screaming.

Not sure he can react really, I mean his jaw is broken so he can't talk and his hands are ruined so it's not like he can write about how being skinned alive sucks.  Only thing I can think for him to do is to smash his head against the ground in Morse code.

Open door wielding gauss rifle, and shoot any enemies.

You open the door and find a man standing there....or more sort of floating there with his arms out to his sides, staring blankly ahead.

"Great," you mutter, poking at the body and frowning as your hand goes right through it, "We're glitching."

"Huh. I wonder."

Spawn a gauss rifle, a standard gauss round, and a forty foot length of non-magnetic high strength cable. Attach the gauss round to one end of the cable, and bore a hole in the back of the rifle for the cable to slide through. Spawn a four foot thick concrete wall twenty feet away, load the rifle with the round, and fire it at the wall. Observe effects.

"Huh. I wonder."

((Sounds like you're trying to make a grapple gun, to me.))

((Yeah. The alien materials is a reference to X-Com:EU, because it's the first step in getting the skeleton suit.))

You know, you may want to look up if a grappling hook already exists. Seems like the sort of thing the UWM might have a few dozen varieties of already.

Pity. Well, let's check for other things, while I'm at it.
Bring up the available variants of the Mk III suit.
There's no real variants of the MK III, though there are kits to use with it. There are variants of the battle suit, Avatar and Full synthflesh body though.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10983 on: December 12, 2012, 01:07:13 am »

((Hint- if you ask for synthflesh variants, be specific.  There are lots.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10984 on: December 12, 2012, 01:22:21 am »

Search for a man portable grappling hook.

((Dammnation. This reduces the possibility of a prototype. Oh well.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10985 on: December 12, 2012, 07:01:34 am »

((Glitching out peoples' simulations sounds like dickishly good fun. I wonder if chain-glitching something could screw it up enough to be genuinely interesting? Moving in certain ways could cause you to fly, certain enemies would be impossible to kill by traditional methods, pieces of terrain would refuse to react to being shot or blown up...

Basically I want to turn VR into an Elder Scrolls game. :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10986 on: December 12, 2012, 07:42:48 am »

Restart simulation, breach the front door, and start shooting any enemies.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10987 on: December 12, 2012, 08:57:19 am »

Back to VR. Start a simulation with a laser rifle with a scope and a moving target some miles away. Take aim for the shot and use the bullet-time mode to line up the shot perfectly before firing (roll for the shot).
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10988 on: December 12, 2012, 09:11:17 am »

Hmmm.
Search for other suits with inbuilt exoskeletons and/or flight capability. Filter them by possibility of fine manipulations.
(( E.g., I'm uncertain whether the battle suit (or the Avatar of War, for that matter, or the industrial suit like those they found on the current mission) would allow for performing surgery (apart from controlled disemboweling :P ).))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10989 on: December 12, 2012, 09:18:09 am »

((@Nikitian: Well, robotic arms controlled by humans are already performing surgery nowadays. I think you could try searching for something like the Adeptus Mechanicus' "Medicae" mechadendrites.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10990 on: December 12, 2012, 09:27:34 am »

((I'm just afraid the hands and fingers are too big (especially in case of the Avatar) for such a task. Also, thanks for the mechadendrites idea (I've completely forgotten about that avenue of auxiliary systems), I'll check those next. ))
Past Sigs

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #10991 on: December 12, 2012, 11:41:12 am »

Check if the message code is hardwired or changeable by device, see how to find out the message code, and check whatever the default code is for my datapad.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10992 on: December 12, 2012, 11:42:12 am »

Have Necromorph disapear then take out katana and finish civilan off.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10993 on: December 12, 2012, 01:42:36 pm »

Ok, here's the deal. I've spent the last 8 hours throwing up so replies might be a bit scattered for today and maybe the next few days. Hard to say, I might already be better, I might relapse. Just a heads up.

Search for a man portable grappling hook.

((Dammnation. This reduces the possibility of a prototype. Oh well.))

What sort of grapple head you want on there? We got magnetic ones-technically electromagnet, but whatever- those ones with the 4 claws, ones that actually drive a spike into the target surface, hookshot style, and even ones that rely on specially made drone tips that fly up, find a good spot and cling on to it for you.

Also, what size you want? Something wrist mounted or a gun or somewhere in between?

Restart simulation, breach the front door, and start shooting any enemies.
You restart the simulation and kick in the door. There aren't any enemies in that first room, and this time you don't hear any behind the two doors. Program must have randomized their locations.

Back to VR. Start a simulation with a laser rifle with a scope and a moving target some miles away. Take aim for the shot and use the bullet-time mode to line up the shot perfectly before firing (roll for the shot).

Just to let you know, at miles away you're gonna be taking penalties just because the laser rifle isn't very good over those sorts of distances.

Hmmm.
Search for other suits with inbuilt exoskeletons and/or flight capability. Filter them by possibility of fine manipulations.
(( E.g., I'm uncertain whether the battle suit (or the Avatar of War, for that matter, or the industrial suit like those they found on the current mission) would allow for performing surgery (apart from controlled disemboweling :P ).))

If you're just worried about that it would be fairly easy to get yourself a pair of fine manipulating arms that can be built into the body of a Battle suit or Avatar. As per standard MK III's they won't inhibit your capacity to do medical work, their exoskeletons are pretty advanced.

Check if the message code is hardwired or changeable by device, see how to find out the message code, and check whatever the default code is for my datapad.
It's a hardwired code specific to the particular datapad. Finding it is fairly easy, it's just listed with the system data as a 32 digit number. Yours is 32947204856012384575342970589731

Have Necromorph disapear then take out katana and finish civilan off.

You stab the guy in the head. It proves to be very effective.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10994 on: December 12, 2012, 01:46:15 pm »

Exit VR then look for someone to talk to.
Pages: 1 ... 731 732 [733] 734 735 ... 2101